Page 12 of 72 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172262 ... LastLast
    I think hiding apps from launcher but not search is great, but hey thats always a great option to mess with just incase, I keep getting an error I cant install, all i have is glass effect patch but no other Launcher patches
  2.    #222  
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    doesn't conflict with Glass effects in app launcher list in preware. but it nulls it. i have the grey background in my launcher even tho both are patched.
    This is due to the preferences screen which needs to change the background and then back again. But it is very easy to make patch that works with my patch. And even the old patch works if you do luna restart after exiting preferences screen. The preferences screen resets the background.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  3.    #223  
    Quote Originally Posted by rdeleon774 View Post
    I think hiding apps from launcher but not search is great, but hey thats always a great option to mess with just incase, I keep getting an error I cant install, all i have is glass effect patch but no other Launcher patches
    Check your misc patches that unhide some of the icons like developer mode or prevent pdf app remove. These are also included.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by edbbates11 View Post
    tried to update to latest version and had problem, it wouldn't update properly. I checked the log and did some trouble shooting and found the problem. If you have the 'unhide developer mode' it will not update.

Got the update to work. I went to change the grid size and it took off my glass launcher patch. I'm going to do some more tests.

thanks for you're work.

Did a luna and back to normal with the glass effect.
    so literally every patch that has to do with the app launcher (i.e. not just the ones in the 'app launcher" category) must be removed?

anyone have a list? lol

brb going through my patch list looking for possible conflicts
    Did a luna and back to normal with the glass effect.

Also icons are smaller but with the glass effect background.
  7.    #227  
    It might be a possible to make my patch fully compatible with the glass effect patch. I will test this and if it is then next release is fully compatible. Now you need luna restart after exiting preferences screen to get the glass effect back.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Yes. And this is what most users want I think anyway. So hiding only hides from app launcher. Or if this should be configurable then tell me and I will add an option to remove hidden apps from search results.
    I was just pointing it out in case you overlooked it. I have no preference.
    It might be a possible to make my patch fully compatible with the glass effect patch. I will test this and if it is then next release is fully compatible. Now you need luna restart after exiting preferences screen to get the glass effect back.
    Nice.

I found that after you change the icon size the glass effect will null till you do a luna restart then it's back.

Is the grid for moving the icons to like 4 per row?

Thanks
  10.    #230  
    Nice.

I found that after you change the icon size the glass effect will null till you do a luna restart then it's back.

Is the grid for moving the icons to like 4 per row?

Thanks
    Yes, small grid = 3 per row, medium = 4 per row, large = 5 per row.
    thanx Sconix that worked perfect, your the best
    Cool!
    Dude!!!! YOU ROCK!!!!
    Sconix,

while it's absolutely fantastic that the patch now allows users to change their grid size, could you work a little more on the spacing/sizing? If you had 4x4v3 installed, and used your patch to hide the launch bar in the launcher, the effect was perfect, and five complete rows of apps with one-line names fit PERFECTLY. Now, the spacing at the size looks wrong, and with the described setup (grid and icons at medium), the app names in the bottom row are half cut off.

Please please please look into this - because it's the first update I kind of regret taking. I now have one less patch on my phone, but it looks uglier - and I can't go back to 4x4 v3 (which was absolutely spot-on in size and spacing).
  15.    #235  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Sconix,

while it's absolutely fantastic that the patch now allows users to change their grid size, could you work a little more on the spacing/sizing? If you had 4x4v3 installed, and used your patch to hide the launch bar in the launcher, the effect was perfect, and five complete rows of apps with one-line names fit PERFECTLY. Now, the spacing at the size looks wrong, and with the described setup (grid and icons at medium), the app names in the bottom row are half cut off.

Please please please look into this - because it's the first update I kind of regret taking. I now have one less patch on my phone, but it looks uglier - and I can't go back to 4x4 v3 (which was absolutely spot-on in size and spacing).
    I am going to tweak the spacing a bit still. Mainly in a way that every setting there would be whole rows visible. But in the end you cannot satisfy everybody. Its easy to make a patch that alters my patch spacing so that is always a possibility.
    Yes, small grid = 3 per row, medium = 4 per row, large = 5 per row.
    Anyway to make the large more like the 5x5 v1 patch? With that patch I had 5x6 with the app launcher hidden.
    dude...this patch ROCKS! i had to uninstall a bunch of patches to get this to work (prevent PDF removal, unhide dev mode, hide nascar, 4x4, and a few others, but now it works great! I also see a new "Phone Pref" icon...is that something that the patch added? if so, i love it!

Do you have a donation link, because this is totally deserving of a little monetary thank you! (nevermind, i see it in your signature)
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
  18.    #238  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Anyway to make the large more like the 5x5 v1 patch? With that patch I had 5x6 with the app launcher hidden.
    As I said in previous post that I will tweak the spacing etc that much as I can to try and make whole rows to be visible in every setting. The next version includes these tweaks. After that if there is no option that you like then hopefully someone makes a patch.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    I had .45 installed, but when trying to update to .47, it fails.... and I can't figure out what might be in conflict now, as I removed all other launcher patches to get .45 installed, in the first place.

I noticed the post above to remove unhide developer mode icon, and after doing so and resetting, .45 was gone as well(!), and .47 won't install either.

I only had 45 for a day, but I really loved it, but now it's gone as well. Why would .45 have been removed when removing the unhide dev mode icon?

Anyone have any ideas what could be conflicting?
    toddk what all patches do you have installed. I kept getting error and it was because I had unhid my phone preferences. List your patches and we could possibly help you troubleshoot. I would have never thougt one word (false to true) would have made that difference.

Thanks for the patch. I was trying to install and kept getting ipkg error I forgot I had used winscp to unhide phone preferences.