Page 10 of 72 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152060 ... LastLast
  1.    #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    even smaller and less significant note about tabs setting (initially put in wrong thread):

-when using tabs and jump between pages, the little 'page bars' at the bottom don't register the change
    Will fix for next release. Might take day or two. I am currently adding also configuration for icon grid size as well as for icon size. And yes even the showing / hiding of icon titles is in. So hopefully will satisfy all or at least most of the 3x3/4x4/5x5 patch users
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I am also thinking of including selection for 3x3 / 4x4 / 5x5 icon grid selection into the patch. Hopefully there is no objections. Then I could see this patch finished from my point of view at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbtrade View Post
    Well there are different flavors of the grids. For example, I prefer the 4x4 v3 because of the icon sizes.
    agreed; recently started using '5x5 icons v1' and also 'remove icon titles' (which allows 5 rows, no arrows even with the named page bar showing) which just looks super clean.
    if this option was added to your patch, would (in my case the 'remove icon titles') any other patches still be compatible?

edit: WOW!!! You're fast.... and psychic. answered even before i could ask the question!!!
  3.    #183  
    agreed; recently started using '5x5 icons v1' and also 'remove icon titles' (which allows 5 rows, no arrows even with the named page bar showing) which just looks super clean.
    if this option was added to your patch, would (in my case the 'remove icon titles') any other patches still be compatible?

edit: WOW!!! You're fast.... and psychic. answered even before i could ask the question!!!
    LOL =D Spooky...
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    sconix, you do realize that when all is said and done, all that's gonna be left is your patch and maybe 2 or 3 others

will make updating much faster...
  5.    #185  
    sconix, you do realize that when all is said and done, all that's gonna be left is your patch and maybe 2 or 3 others

will make updating much faster...
    Yeah sorry about that, was not my intention Its just hat I really think that all this should have been already in stock WebOS so have added all... Would not have thought all of these ideas by myself so thanks also goes for the original patch makers. I have only incorporated the ideas that I see best and useful for normal users.
    The earlier versions had limit of 12. Not sure how did you get unlimited The current version allows 16 pages, at least for me...
    maybe it was a glitch or something. I'm thinking 16 is enough though, no need to change the patch for that..

later,
    sj
    Yeah sorry about that, was not my intention Its just hat I really think that all this should have been already in stock WebOS so have added all... Would not have thought all of these ideas by myself so thanks also goes for the original patch makers. I have only incorporated the ideas that I see best and useful for normal users.
    ..Sorry? There's no sorry in Pespallo! dddddddddddddddddddddd (movie buff....anyone?)
    Last edited by everette13; 08/27/2010 at 06:45 PM.
    I was wondering y enabling page wrapping makes the smooth swiping animation of going from page to page turn off. If anyone knows.
    Sconix or anyone w/ the knowledge- after an update for the patch, I wasn't able to download it.. Came up with ipkg error..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sconix or anyone w/ the knowledge- after an update for the patch, I wasn't able to download it.. Came up with ipkg error..
    Mine did too... I didn't have anything that was known to cause conflicts, not quite sure what happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by GridIron21 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ihooten View Post
    Mine did too... I didn't have anything that was known to cause conflicts, not quite sure what happened.
    For those that are having issues. Here is what happened to me and how I fixed it.

I was unable to update to -45, even though I removed all "App Launcher Patches".

I realized that the newer version includes the gesture tap patch. So by removing the gesture tap patch you're essentially breaking the ability to update "Advanced Configuration for App Launcher". So I reinstalled the gesture tap patch, this then allowed me to properly remove -42 and subsequently remove the gesture tap patch. Finally, then I installed -45 and all was good.

in short:

1. Reinstall "Gesture Tap for Info and Delete"
    2. Remove "Advanced Configuration for App Launcher"
    3. Remove "Gesture Tap for Info and Delete"
    4. Reinstall "Advanced Configuration for App Launcher" -45
    5. Luna Restart
    latest update went well. This is a great patch. Thanks for you're work!
    Worked perfectly for me
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    I was wondering y enabling page wrapping makes the smooth swiping animation of going from page to page turn off. If anyone knows.
    I can't remember the exact details why, but I believe Sconix said it was a webOS issue. It seems that all the wrapping patches have this issue.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    ...I have only incorporated the ideas that I see best and useful for normal users.
    Hey now!!!!! Who are you calling normal?!?!?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  16.    #196  
    One more reminder / warning before tonight release. Next version of app launcher advanced configuration patch will conflict with almost all of the app launcher patches or at least make them obsolete. The new version includes hiding of all page indicator / changing icon grid size / changing icons size / hiding icon titles / selecting page for new apps. Also shows up dev mode icon and first use app since they can be now be hidden dynamically.
    Quote Originally Posted by GridIron21 View Post
    Same issue here yesterday. When viewing available updates in Preware today the count was one more than the available programs-this patch was missing. I then viewed the available patches list and it did appear as an update. Installed successfully from there.
    Visor->650->Pre
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    what about those that use the list launcher? will the new patch conflict?
  19.    #199  
    Quote Originally Posted by fizymike View Post
    what about those that use the list launcher? will the new patch conflict?
    Most likely, haven't tested the list launcher. It might be that it does not conflict. If it does then I am sure a compatible version of that patch can be done easily.
    thanks for the fix update , man this patch had me going nuts trying to fix my unbroken phone lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->