Page 1 of 58 1234561151 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Top Bar System Menus

Mode Menu / Today Menu / Device Menu

Wiki
    Current version: 1.4.5-33

The Top Bar System Menus are a handful of highly customizable menu patches for the top bar of your WebOS:

System Menu Initial Framework:
    - All System Menu patches require installation of System Menu Initial Framework to function. All other System Menu patches are optional.

System Menu Mode Menu:
    - Extends the functionality of the Mode Switcher application. This patch is not required to use Mode Switcher, but is highly recommended.

System Menu Today Menu:
    - Extends the functionality of your calendar by giving you quick access to your upcoming calendar events.

System Menu Mods v1 (Device Menu):
    - Extends the functionality of the device menu, including access to the following options/settings: the system radios (phone, wifi, bluetooth and gps) and preferences, volume levels (system, ringtone and media), screen brightness, flashlight (using the device LED), networks (auto, 2g, 3g), security (unlock, pin, password), voice and data roaming, and data connection.

System Menu Transparent Full Width App Menu:
    - Modifies an application's app menu to be full width across the top bar when an app is in the foreground. The background of the menu is transparent so you can still see the top bar behind it, however tapping anywhere on the top bar will open the application's app menu and prevents the other top bar menus from being activated. This makes the app menu more accessible when using the phone with one hand.

Installation & Usage:
    • The Top Bar System Menus Wiki contains a full feature list with installation and usage instructions.
      - Release notes, known bugs, and possible upcoming features are also included.

Supporting development:

Developing Mode Switcher and patches for WebOS has taken a huge amount of my time to get to this point. And all my work is currently available for free so donations are highly appreciated. Please use the link below to support my work:

Last edited by sconix; 10/08/2010 at 12:44 PM.
    jmelex likes this.
    I'm glad there's a thread on this now...

I think this is a great idea but I have to note that, even with the 800mhz patch, I was experiencing some serious slow downs with these patches.

When I removed them, the problem went away.

I have also tried this on my brother's Pre with the same results.

To note, we always WebosDoctor after every significant update (i.e. 1.3.5 to 1.4) that is made available for webos.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    I'm glad there's a thread on this now...

I think this is a great idea but I have to note that, even with the 800mhz patch, I was experiencing some serious slow downs with these patches.

When I removed them, the problem went away.

I have also tried this on my brother's Pre with the same results.

To note, we always WebosDoctor after every significant update (i.e. 1.3.5 to 1.4) that is made available for webos.
    Can you identify the patch that was causing it and do you mean general slow down or some specific like the menus? Install them one by one and see when the slow downs begin. Without knowing the exact patch that is causing this its hard to even speculate why it could be.

For me everything is running smoothly and I am not using any overclocking etc. And I don't know how the patches could effect the general performance. Just maybe it could be some other patch that with my patches is causing the problem, but at least I have more than 60 patches and everything really is running very fast.

EDIT: just to add that I also doctor everytime when new release is out and have been running these patches from 1.3.5 without any slowdown ever so thats why this is bit odd.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Thanks sconix--I look forward to your developments!
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I started using the today menu patch yesterday and its already getting lots and lots of use.

Excellent work. Looking forward to updates.
    thanks a lot!!
    week 19 is here...
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    week 19 is here...
    Yes, but there is still many days in this week I will finish and publish the new versions during the long weekend which I have (thu-sun).
    Did you use Quick Install for this, or Preware?
    This is an AWESOME idea. I love it. But whenever I install the support package, it won't let me have more than the battery w/ percentage, signal bars, and a 3G or Wi-Fi icon- I can't have more than 1 icon after signal bars and battery w/ percentage. This is a major pain if you use the ringer switch icon in top bar patch like I do... it really makes it unusable. Can you fix this? Thanks.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Seb_or_Sam View Post
    This is an AWESOME idea. I love it. But whenever I install the support package, it won't let me have more than the battery w/ percentage, signal bars, and a 3G or Wi-Fi icon- I can't have more than 1 icon after signal bars and battery w/ percentage. This is a major pain if you use the ringer switch icon in top bar patch like I do... it really makes it unusable. Can you fix this? Thanks.
    Yes this is fixed in next release.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Great ideas. Love the work.
    Could you add some screenshots?

I'd sure like to try this, but I get an IPKG-error while installing (so this patch goes against one or more other(s))
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by ltjSpin View Post
    Could you add some screenshots?

I'd sure like to try this, but I get an IPKG-error while installing (so this patch goes against one or more other(s))
    I'll add when new versions are ready. If you are talking about system menu patch then it conflicts with hide quick launcher patch (other than mine, see first post) and with quite many themes (also see first post). Not aware of others of course there might and most likely is.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    I could not get it to install until I removed both - Add Date - MM/DD and Increase Font Size 17 Green

Once installed, I was able to reinstall the Date - MM/DD patch but the Increase Font would not install.
    - Jeff
    A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbcross View Post
    I could not get it to install until I removed both - Add Date - MM/DD and Increase Font Size 17 Green

Once installed, I was able to reinstall the Date - MM/DD patch but the Increase Font would not install.
    - Jeff
    The font size increase patch is anyway a bad idea with the current version, but the next version should play just fine with those patches.
  17.    #17  
    New test version of the hide quick launch bar patch is now available. I changed the name of the patch to: Add Edit Launcher Pages and Quick Launch Options. It is now possible to set the quick launch bar to be hidden all the time OR just in the launcher. I will do bit more tests tonight and will submit it then for Preware feeds. Not sure how long that takes so if someone wants to already test the patch it is available from my feed. The information that you need to add my feed into Preware:

NAME: anything should be fine
    URL: 'http://wee.e-lnx.org/webos/feeds/stable' (without the '')
    Compressed: Yes.

Please note that the id of the patch will change (also the name might change) when it hits WebOS internals feed so you need to then uninstall the patch installed from my feed and install it again from WebOS internals feed when it comes available. The patch is available from my feed until it hits the WebOS internals feed.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Yes this is fixed in next release.
    Awesome! Thank you so much. I hate to be a bother, but when will it come out?
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Seb_or_Sam View Post
    Awesome! Thank you so much. I hate to be a bother, but when will it come out?
    Should be out at the latest this Sunday, or at least during next week. There is couple more urgent things emerged that need my attention first, but I should have time during the weekend to finish the new patches.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    This is a great set of patches. I just have a small request. Is it possible to ignore events with a note that has the string "iGnore-ME" (without the quotes)? This is the same mechanism that the Agenda app uses to ignore events in its list.

Thanks again for this wonderful patch... plee3
Page 1 of 58 1234561151 ... LastLast