Page 9 of 58 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Updated Pictures
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Hmm I understand what you mean. I set the default page on launcher deactivation maybe it cuts of the changing of page. I change this a bit, I put out a new release out soon so try that.

EDIT: There is a new release can you try that now. There was actually one error in the code that sets the default page so maybe it was that.
    Got the .9 update. Seems there maybe just a few more critters in the code.
    I will email you a video clip I took of my phone using my Wife's Pixi.

That should help show what I am seeing.

Thanks.
  3.    #163  
    Quote Originally Posted by orsapps View Post
    Got the .9 update. Seems there maybe just a few more critters in the code.
    I will email you a video clip I took of my phone using my Wife's Pixi.

That should help show what I am seeing.

Thanks.
    OK, since for me the default page thing works like a charm and not sure why it could fail now. You have toggled the default page setting couple times I guess? Just to be sure that the configuration actually is correct.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Sconix,

Hard to explain, but the default page is still acting funny.

When I set my main page as the default, I go to other pages and close the launcher. Upon reopening the launcher the last page I was on opens up except the page name is correct to the page that was the defaulted page, but has the app icons for the other page. Make sense? I'll see if I could post a video if that would help show what I mean.

Thanks.
    Hmm I understand what you mean. I set the default page on launcher deactivation maybe it cuts of the changing of page. I change this a bit, I put out a new release out soon so try that.

EDIT: There is a new release can you try that now. There was actually one error in the code that sets the default page so maybe it was that.

I am observing the same behavior after just updating to 'Add Edit Launcher Pages and Quick Launch Options' to version 1.4.1-9 by Janne Julkunen.

Occasionally the name of the page displayed is incorrect. It'll have the default page name but show the wrong set of icons. I am trying to find the pattern that triggers this behavior.

Other patch versions I have installed:
    • system menu initial framework - v1.4.1-9
    • system menu today menu - v1.4.1-11
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    I liked the old Jump to Page as it fit all my pages perfectly.
    ***OLD*** vs NEW

As you know, I have no problem bribing you if it's a possibility to change it to show 7

I can live with it the new way, but will donate a 3rd time for the old way.
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    I am observing the same behavior after just updating to 'Add Edit Launcher Pages and Quick Launch Options' to version 1.4.1-9 by Janne Julkunen.

Occasionally the name of the page displayed is incorrect. It'll have the default page name but show the wrong set of icons. I am trying to find the pattern that triggers this behavior.

Other patch versions I have installed:
    • system menu initial framework - v1.4.1-9
    • system menu today menu - v1.4.1-11
    Sconix,

The email with the video is on its way. I think this shows what I am talking about and what rlopin is discussing here too.

Hope that helps. Thanks!

EDIT: Yes, I toggled the options and even removed and reinstalled the patch.
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 05/26/2010 at 06:50 PM. Reason: added info.

No More animations....

or was that always only when using Jump To Page functionality?
  8.    #168  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post

No More animations....

or was that always only when using Jump To Page functionality?
    Animations are away only when wrapping is enabled just like in the other wrap pages patch. The scroller will fight against the wrapping and skip pages if the animation is enabled. I will try to enable it in later WebOS releases to see if the bug has gone and enable the animation when it has been fixed. I could put the animation back now but then you would experience skipping of pages some times. And at least I though that unexpected behavior is more bad than losing animation.

About the jump to page list size that I can change back I just did not thought about that so expect new release very soon with larger jump to list
  9.    #169  
    Sconix,

The email with the video is on its way. I think this shows what I am talking about and what rlopin is discussing here too.

Hope that helps. Thanks!

EDIT: Yes, I toggled the options and even removed and reinstalled the patch.
    I even set the exact same settings that you have in your video and still cannot reproduce this. Anyway I will still think for a moment that what could cause this and will add some new testing stuff for new release which I do very soon so please try that once again and report back.

EDIT: At least now I managed to get misbehave with default page so that wrong page was displayed (correct icons + correct name though). So there definitely is something wrong somewhere.
    Last edited by sconix; 05/26/2010 at 07:16 PM.
    Animations are disabled only when wrapping is enabled just like in the other wrap pages patch. The scroller will fight against the wrapping and skip pages if the animation is enabled. I will try to enable it in later WebOS releases to see if the bug has gone and enable the animation when it has been fixed. I could put the animation back now but then you would experience skipping of pages some times. And at least I thought that unexpected behavior is worse than losing the animation.
    I'd rather have the occasional skip, the animation is so nice, but I guess you are right, most would probably prefer the non-skipping of pages.

Leave it As-IS for the rest of your users, and hopefully Palm/HP fixes the bug.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    I even set the exact same settings that you have in your video and still cannot reproduce this. Anyway I will still think for a moment that what could cause this and will add some new testing stuff for new release which I do very soon so please try that once again and report back.
    Sconix,

I found a pattern that consistently lets me reproduce the behavior...

My Config:
    • I have 4 pages
    • Show page names enabled
    • Wrap pages enabled
    • Position reset enabled
    • Default page is set to page 1
    • Quick Launch bar = hide in launcher

To see the behavior:
    1. Swipe up from gesture area to see default page 1
    2. Swipe your finger from the left side of the screen to the right
    3. This displays page 4
    4. Swipe up from gesture area to cause page 4 to go away
    5. Swipe up from gesture area again
    6. You should now see page 4 icons with page 1's name displayed. Swiping a few times to get back to page 1 icons resets the page names back to their correct names.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
  12.    #172  
    I'd rather have the occasional skip, the animation is so nice, but I guess you are right, most would probably prefer the non-skipping of pages.

Leave it As-IS for the rest of your users, and hopefully Palm/HP fixes the bug.
    I really tried every hack that I could think of to get rid of the skipping, but could not.
  13.    #173  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    Sconix,

I found a pattern that consistently lets me reproduce the behavior...

My Config:
    • I have 4 pages
    • Show page names enabled
    • Wrap pages enabled
    • Position reset enabled
    • Default page is set to page 1
    • Quick Launch bar = hide in launcher

To see the behavior:
    1. Swipe up from gesture area to see default page 1
    2. Swipe your finger from the left side of the screen to the right
    3. This displays page 4
    4. Swipe up from gesture area to cause page 4 to go away
    5. Swipe up from gesture area again
    6. You should now see page 4 icons with page 1's name displayed. Swiping a few times to get back to page 1 icons resets the page names back to their correct names.
    Thanks this I managed to reproduce so it still is the damn wrapping page hack that does this. Will try if it works with the animation setup that I used in earlier version then I revert to that since the occasional skipping is less worse than this.

EDIT: at least for me the old way seems to work with wrapping enabled. So there is soon new version test if it works then I think I will leave it like this for now. Maybe I experiment with the wrapping stuff a bit more later on.
    Last edited by sconix; 05/26/2010 at 07:36 PM.
  14.    #174  
    The 1.4.1-10 version available now for which I reverted the wrapping behavior to the old one and added longer jump page list. Let me know whether the default page works now with wrapping enabled or no.

EDIT: the wrapping of pages still causes some problems with other features of the patch. If you are using wrapping of pages then it might be a good idea to stay away from adding/removing pages. Back to the drawing board, but first some sleep...

EDIT2: next release also will have a bit tighter spacing in the page menu so the jump to list will show 8 pages. Hope this suites you Mannyman
    Last edited by sconix; 05/26/2010 at 09:00 PM.
    The latest update works flawlessly (for me anyway). I tried all the possible variations of options that I could think of. I was unable to produce any gliches that I could see anyway.

Great and speedy work. Enjoy your sleep.

Regards.

EDIT: yeah can't rename new pages that are created as you mentioned.
    Help!!!

I installed the "Today" patch and the supporting service package it requested and then I lost my bluetooth and EV icons. I need those more than I need the Today menu though I love it.

I uninstalled the "Today" menu and rebooted several times but I can't get my bluetooth icon back. I have turned off/on bluetooth and even airplane mode but the icons are gone.

How can I get them back? Doctor the phone???
    Palms and more Palms till the 700p ruined it for me. Blackberry and now the Pre. Sprint customer since 1994! They had 1 tower in town.
    Quote Originally Posted by Homie View Post
    Help!!!

I installed the "Today" patch and the supporting service package it requested and then I lost my bluetooth and EV icons. I need those more than I need the Today menu though I love it.

I uninstalled the "Today" menu and rebooted several times but I can't get my bluetooth icon back. I have turned off/on bluetooth and even airplane mode but the icons are gone.

How can I get them back? Doctor the phone???
    Do you have Wifi turned on &/or other top bar patches installed (specifically the ringer switch icon or GPS on top bar)? The reason I ask is because the "today" menu patch creates a tap-able area on the top bar where the clock is. This new tab-able area causes icons to be hidden behind the clock if you have alot of icons on your top bar (I have wifi on and the ringer switch icon and when I leave an area where there is no wifi my bluetooth icon is hidden and if I also have the ringer switch to vibrate by Ev icon is also hidden).

As far as how to get the icons back, you said that you have uninstalled the "Today" menu patch, have you also uninstalled the "initial framework" patch? I would bet that with both of these patches uninstalled your icons will reappear. However, I am not a programmer so I could be completely wrong.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Anyone seen "Launcher Page NaN"? I started getting that today after upgrading. I removed and reinstalled and it still exists. Page names show up correctly when tapping the Name header to switch.

Sometimes, as I flip through pages it will finally update to show the names but reverts. when I close and reopen launcher. I do not have "enable Page wrapping" on.

Actually. If I turn on Page wrapping, it seems to work correctly.
    As you know, I have no problem bribing you if it's a possibility to change it to show 7
    I can live with it the new way, but will donate a 3rd time for the old way.
    EDIT2: next release also will have a bit tighter spacing in the page menu so the jump to list will show 8 pages. Hope this suites you Mannyman
    Holy Crap!
    I've been paying you in Euros this whole time?

Payment by PayPal
    Confirmation number: 6N8838731X380530M.
  20.    #180  
    Quote Originally Posted by allonon View Post
    Anyone seen "Launcher Page NaN"? I started getting that today after upgrading. I removed and reinstalled and it still exists. Page names show up correctly when tapping the Name header to switch.

Sometimes, as I flip through pages it will finally update to show the names but reverts. when I close and reopen launcher. I do not have "enable Page wrapping" on.

Actually. If I turn on Page wrapping, it seems to work correctly.
    Can you toggle the page wrapping couple times and then leave it disabled and see if it still does that? Since the page changing routing is not touched when wrapping is off and therefore it should work always when wrapping off.
Page 9 of 58 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast