Page 8 of 58 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    Hi Sconix,

I am facing install and uninstall issues after trying to apply a series of patches:

1. Removed hide quick launch bar (by Jason Robitaille)
    2. Installed system menu initial framework (by sconix)
    3. Installed system menu today menu (by sconix)
    4. Installed Hide Quick Launch Bar in Launcher Remix (by sconix)
    5. Removed reset scroll position (by IMgrant)
    6. Removed reset to first page (by IMgrant)
    7. Removed show wifi ssid (by Rod Whitby)
    8. Tried to install Add Edit Launcher Pages and Quick Launch Options (by Janne Julkunen) - FAILED TO INSTALL
    9. Tried to remove Wrap Pages (by iclarkjr,dbspooner) - FAILED TO REMOVE

Now the Wrap Pages patch no longer works. I am unable to uninstall it.
    I am unable to install the Add Edit launcher Pages and Quick Launch Options patch.

I am unable to find any of the 3 .rej files mentioned in the above IPKG logs on the device. I browsed for them using internalz as well as the terminal app.

The only file names I find in the mentioned directory (usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/) are:
    • reorder-controller.jsjsjs
    • reorder-controller.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$
    • global-search-assistant.jsjsjs
    • global-search-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$
    • launcher-assistant.jsjsjs
    • launcher-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$

I am stumped as to what to do next. I have already tried full reboots. Your guidance would be greatly appreciated.
    The mine add edit pages and ql options will also include the ql hiding feature so no need to install my hide quick launch patch (I will ask removal of that when this new patch hits the public feed). So most likely that is the reason why my new patch wont install for you. But then the wrap pages patch should get uninstalled also, but maybe the my QL patch changed the file so that it can not remove itself anymore so just try to uninstall the app launcher patches in different order like mine QL patch first then the wrapping pages patch. Maybe it works in that order.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    The mine add edit pages and ql options will also include the ql hiding feature so no need to install my hide quick launch patch (I will ask removal of that when this new patch hits the public feed). So most likely that is the reason why my new patch wont install for you. But then the wrap pages patch should get uninstalled also, but maybe the my QL patch changed the file so that it can not remove itself anymore so just try to uninstall the app launcher patches in different order like mine QL patch first then the wrapping pages patch. Maybe it works in that order.
    Thanks Sconix, your suggestion was spot on. I successfully performed these steps:

1. Remove Hide Quick Launch Bar in Launcher Remix (by sconix)
    2. Remove Wrap Pages (by iclarkjr,dbspooner) - Worked!
    3. Installed Add Edit Launcher Pages and Quick Launch Options (by Janne Julkunen) - Worked!
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    hi sconix, is the today patch coming soon? thanks
  4.    #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    hi sconix, is the today patch coming soon? thanks
    Well I am currently finishing the last TODO item of app launcher patch so it should be out within hour or so. Then I am on to Today patch and maybe get it out tonight.
    Well I am currently finishing the last TODO item of app launcher patch so it should be out within hour or so. Then I am on to Today patch and maybe get it out tonight.

got it, thanks.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    My universal search is no longer working after installing the following patches:
    1. Installed system menu initial framework (by sconix)
    2. Installed system menu today menu (by sconix)
    3. Add Edit Launcher Pages and Quick Launch Options (by Janne Julkunen)

Anyone else experiencing this? (typing anything on home screen just displays the first launcher page; no search bar is displayed)
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    @rlopin

Whoa, nice find. Universal search no longer working here either.
    Actually I have thought that the tabs patch wont work in any way with my patch. I'll see if I can change my patch a bit so that it still works with it.
    just to confirm it wasn't a fluke, had to EPR (for some reason the -6 update erased the patch and corrupted something) but have reinstalled all patches and the tabs patch and -5, installed thru webosqi, do indeed play very well together.
    Ev

My universal search is no longer working after installing the following patches:

Anyone else experiencing this? (typing anything on home screen just displays the first launcher page; no search bar is displayed)

in case it helps, the universal search works for me with the same patches installed except using the -5 version of #3.

I'm using those patches (latest versions) and my uni search is working fine.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    just to confirm it wasn't a fluke, had to EPR (for some reason the -6 update erased the patch and corrupted something) but have reinstalled all patches and the tabs patch and -5, installed thru webosqi, do indeed play very well together.
    Ev

in case it helps, the universal search works for me with the same patches installed except using the -5 version of #3.

Quote Originally Posted by orsapps View Post
    I'm using those patches (latest versions) and my uni search is working fine.
    Here are the versions I am using:

1. Installed system menu initial framework (by sconix) | 1.4.1-9
    2. Installed system menu today menu (by sconix) | 1.4.1-11
    3. Add Edit Launcher Pages and Quick Launch Options (by Janne Julkunen) | 1.4.1-7

There are no package updates listed for the above three in Preware as of today, 26-May-2010 4:50pm eastern, so I assume that means I have the latest patches.

Sounds like for folks who have universal search working are using older patch versions.
    Last edited by rlopin; 05/26/2010 at 03:56 PM. Reason: fixed grammar
  11.    #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordbane View Post
    @rlopin

Whoa, nice find. Universal search no longer working here either.
    Yeah sorry the cleanup that I did I removed one line that enables uni search Fixed in the release that is out very soon now.
    Yeah sorry the cleanup that I did I removed one line that enables uni search Fixed in the release that is out very soon now.
    Really? I have the same version listed as rlopin and my uni search works.
  13.    #153  
    Really? I have the same version listed as rlopin and my uni search works.
    It works mainly, but there is situation where it is left turned off. So most likely you just haven't done that action that leaves it disabled.
    It works mainly, but there is situation where it is left turned off. So most likely you just haven't done that action that leaves it disabled.
    I see. Thanks for the clarification.
  15.    #155  
    New version of app launcher patch available in few minutes.

Changes:

- Allow up to 12 pages (popupmenu wont go under view menu anymore).

- Fixed universal search bugs (was left disabled in some occasion and in turn not disabled in certain situation even should have been).

- Fixed bug concerning page selection when last page was deleted and added right after.

- When wrapping is enabled the page change animation is now removed since the scroller element fights the wrapping by skipping pages once in a while with animation. Will try to enable the animation on later WebOS release since this is most likely a small bug that scroller with snap wont behave well if scroller is positioned manually which it should.

EDIT: And I checked the situation with the tabbed pages patch and there is no sense for me to make this compatible with it since it also needs viewmenu and I use it for the edit mode so it would definitely cause problems and anyway I think that the tabbed page is a bit limited since it only works for small amount of pages hence not for everybody.

EDIT2: Out now...
    Last edited by sconix; 05/26/2010 at 04:53 PM.
    New version of app launcher patch available in few minutes.

Changes:

- Allow up to 12 pages (popupmenu wont go under view menu anymore).

- Fixed universal search bugs (was left disabled in some occasion and in turn not disabled in certain situation even should have been).

- Fixed bug concerning page selection when last page was deleted and added right after.

- When wrapping is enabled the page change animation is now removed since the scroller element fights the wrapping by skipping pages once in a while with animation. Will try to enable the animation on later WebOS release since this is most likely a small bug that scroller with snap wont behave well if scroller is positioned manually which it should.

EDIT: And I checked the situation with the tabbed pages patch and there is no sense for me to make this compatible with it since it also needs viewmenu and I use it for the edit mode so it would definitely cause problems and anyway I think that the tabbed page is a bit limited since it only works for small amount of pages hence not for everybody.

EDIT2: OK few more minutes still found a small bug in last minute testing will fix it too, should take only couple more minutes.
    Are you including the fix for the default page not sticking to the page, rather the marked page location as well? If no or not yet, not a big deal then.

Thanks.
  17.    #157  
    Are you including the fix for the default page not sticking to the page, rather the marked page location as well? If no or not yet, not a big deal then.

Thanks.
    I knew that I forgot something from the changes list so yes it is fixed.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Sconix -- the fix worked. That was really responsive. My 2 iPhone colleagues sitting next to me are very impressed with your responsiveness as well.

I love having something to make them jealous about :-)

Thanks.
    Sconix,

Hard to explain, but the default page is still acting funny.

When I set my main page as the default, I go to other pages and close the launcher. Upon reopening the launcher the last page I was on opens up except the page name is correct to the page that was the defaulted page, but has the app icons for the other page. Make sense? I'll see if I could post a video if that would help show what I mean.

Thanks.
  20.    #160  
    Sconix,

Hard to explain, but the default page is still acting funny.

When I set my main page as the default, I go to other pages and close the launcher. Upon reopening the launcher the last page I was on opens up except the page name is correct to the page that was the defaulted page, but has the app icons for the other page. Make sense? I'll see if I could post a video if that would help show what I mean.

Thanks.
    Hmm I understand what you mean. I set the default page on launcher deactivation maybe it cuts of the changing of page. I change this a bit, I put out a new release out soon so try that.

EDIT: There is a new release can you try that now. There was actually one error in the code that sets the default page so maybe it was that.
    Last edited by sconix; 05/26/2010 at 06:01 PM.
Page 8 of 58 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast