Page 6 of 58 FirstFirst 12345678910111656 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 1151
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    hi sconix. today patch still planned for today?
    Yes, but not 100% sure that I will release it today since I have problems with the app launcher patch. I haven't been able to find the reason why the page reordering does not get saved. But there is still many hours left in today here so I am still positive that I'll get both released today.

    EDIT: both patches now have the features ready, but both have one bug. Just too tired to find the cause now so will find them tomorrow and publish the new versions.
    Last edited by sconix; 05/23/2010 at 05:57 PM.
  2. #102  
    sconix the wrapping component of the launcher page patch is not wrapping the pages any suggestions?
  3.    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    sconix the wrapping component of the launcher page patch is not wrapping the pages any suggestions?
    If you have enabled the wrapping it should work. And only thing I can think of is that maybe some other patch does something that prevents it working, but at least try todays version when it comes out before since I changed things a bit.
  4. #104  
    hi sconix. is the updated today patch coming today? thanks for your hard work
  5. #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    EDIT: both patches now have the features ready, but both have one bug. Just too tired to find the cause now so will find them tomorrow and publish the new versions.
    What exactly is the bug? I tried app launcher patch v1.4.1-5 but found the app launcher up/down animation not occuring smoothly all the time with the quick launch bar set to Hide in Launcher (it would hesitate as the quick launch bar was hiding or reappearing). So I went back to v1.4.1-4 and it's working smoothly again.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  6.    #106  
    Finally managed to crack the saving of page reordering so new release out now. Now I am positive that I will get the Today menu patch out tomorrow since this is out of the way.

    Changes:

    - Page order is now saved.

    - Page position is set to top when changing page.

    - Remove add/delete/rename pages menu entries and substituted them with 'Enter edit mode' which shows the page list and view menu with those actions in addition of page moving controls. This way it is faster to rename every page etc. The edit mode can also been activated with gesture + tap to page name if they are set to be visible.

    - Added confirmation dialog for delete page operation.

    - Fixed couple smaller bugs and removed unnecessary action for making the experience more smoother.

    - I also had to set limit for amount of pages to 6 since the popupsubmenu does not work well with viewmenu. I will raise the amount when I get the menu working in a way that I want it to work. For now this is the only TODO item left for this patch to make it work better with more pages.

    EDIT: if someone can take updated screenshots and post them here I will add them to the first post. I can do it myself, but would rather use all my time for coding...
    Last edited by sconix; 05/24/2010 at 07:11 PM.
  7. #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Finally managed to crack the saving of page reordering so new release out now..
    ...
    Changes:
    ...
    - I also had to set limit for amount of pages to 6 since the popupsubmenu does not work well with viewmenu. I will raise the amount when I get the menu working in a way that I want it to work. For now this is the only TODO item left for this patch to make it work better with more pages.
    What happens if I have 7 pages?
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
  8. #108  
    I downloaded it and I like the features but this version is a little laggy. The other was not.
  9. #109  
    I wonder if that is what is causing my wrapping to not work I have 10 pages for my launcher.
  10. #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I wonder if that is what is causing my wrapping to not work I have 10 pages for my launcher.
    I had 7 and it worked then I went to 5. And still the same lag. Wrap pages worked for me but I did not like the transition from first to last page and it would skip a page some times
  11.    #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by buddytammy View Post
    I had 7 and it worked then I went to 5. And still the same lag. Wrap pages worked for me but I did not like the transition from first to last page and it would skip a page some times
    Can you tell me what kind of lag (i.e. at what point it happens)? And is it just with the wrapping enabled? The first to last transition has to be different since the scroller element wont support wrapping so the wrapping is a bit hack. Thats why also the other wrap pages patch will remove the animation from page transitions. I have to check why the skipping happens.

    And if you have more than 6 pages it only effects in a way that you wont be able to add more and the list will go below the view menu so its a bit hard to select the last page from the list.
  12. #112  
    Here's the edit screen:

    List slightly covers the action buttons. Maybe because I have seven pages...?
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
  13. #113  
    the lag is when I swipe up for the luncher or hit the luncher button. Also when I swipe pages in the luncher. It happeneds with and with out the names on it. The luncher transition is not smooth
  14. #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Finally managed to crack the saving of page reordering so new release out now. Now I am positive that I will get the Today menu patch out tomorrow since this is out of the way.

    Changes:

    - Page order is now saved.

    - Page position is set to top when changing page.

    - Remove add/delete/rename pages menu entries and substituted them with 'Enter edit mode' which shows the page list and view menu with those actions in addition of page moving controls. This way it is faster to rename every page etc. The edit mode can also been activated with gesture + tap to page name if they are set to be visible.

    - Added confirmation dialog for delete page operation.

    - Fixed couple smaller bugs and removed unnecessary action for making the experience more smoother.

    - I also had to set limit for amount of pages to 6 since the popupsubmenu does not work well with viewmenu. I will raise the amount when I get the menu working in a way that I want it to work. For now this is the only TODO item left for this patch to make it work better with more pages.

    EDIT: if someone can take updated screenshots and post them here I will add them to the first post. I can do it myself, but would rather use all my time for coding...
    Nice update to the patch. I like really like the way you setup the "Edit Enter Mode". Much better/more intuitive than before.

    Couple of observations...

    - As noted already, the popupsubmenu is covered by the view menu (with 6 pages I have here).

    - The page position is set to the top when changing the page as you mention, but is not set to the top when the launcher is reopened on a page that was flicked/scrolled down to open an app.

    ie. Open launcher, it opens, say the page named "Home". You flick down the page to open an app. The app launches and launcher closes. Later on you open the launcher again (which opens the last page that was viewed**; in this case "Home"). The position of the page is still at the last flicked/scrolled position from when it was last accessed. (I hope that makes sense).

    ** Were you still going to implement a default page that the launcher opens every time?

    EDIT: With further testing, I noticed that the page reset to the top happens very sporadically when flipping between pages, sometimes not at all. It will however, reset every time when you are flipping between the first and last pages where the wrapping occurs.

    Thanks.
    Regards!
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 05/25/2010 at 09:48 AM. Reason: changed info regarding resetting to the top.
  15.    #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by buddytammy View Post
    the lag is when I swipe up for the luncher or hit the luncher button. Also when I swipe pages in the luncher. It happeneds with and with out the names on it. The luncher transition is not smooth
    Hmm that is wierd the patch does not touch the transition part if wrapping is not enabled. Anyway I will look at the code to see if I can find a reason for this.

    EDIT: I guess you have tried restarting phone? Since there was a time for me that after patching the launcher was laggy, but after reboot it has been running smooth. Anyway will still go through the patch that if it does something extra that it should not so that it could cause the lag.
    Last edited by sconix; 05/25/2010 at 10:59 AM.
  16.    #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by orsapps View Post
    Nice update to the patch. I like really like the way you setup the "Edit Enter Mode". Much better/more intuitive than before.

    Couple of observations...

    - As noted already, the popupsubmenu is covered by the view menu (with 6 pages I have here).

    - The page position is set to the top when changing the page as you mention, but is not set to the top when the launcher is reopened on a page that was flicked/scrolled down to open an app.

    ie. Open launcher, it opens, say the page named "Home". You flick down the page to open an app. The app launches and launcher closes. Later on you open the launcher again (which opens the last page that was viewed**; in this case "Home"). The position of the page is still at the last flicked/scrolled position from when it was last accessed. (I hope that makes sense).

    ** Were you still going to implement a default page that the launcher opens every time?

    EDIT: With further testing, I noticed that the page reset to the top happens very sporadically when flipping between pages, sometimes not at all. It will however, reset every time when you are flipping between the first and last pages where the wrapping occurs.

    Thanks.
    Regards!
    Thanks for the info will test the resetting of page, was too lazy to test it last night since my pages are not that long so the testing will take a bit longer...

    And not sure about the setting default page that will I implement it since currently I have not figured a nice way to do it.
  17.    #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    Here's the edit screen:

    List slightly covers the action buttons. Maybe because I have seven pages...?
    The menu should be different looking... I wonder if your theme will somehow conflict although it should not. Will have to check am I doing something wrong since I am using a custom style for the menu so that it should look much nicer.

    EDIT: Sorry my bad there was some left overs in the patch that made the menu not to work with more that 6 items. Will fix this for todays release, the menu should look like in this screenshot:

    Last edited by sconix; 05/25/2010 at 10:55 AM.
  18. #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Thanks for the info will test the resetting of page, was too lazy to test it last night since my pages are not that long so the testing will take a bit longer...

    And not sure about the setting default page that will I implement it since currently I have not figured a nice way to do it.
    No problem. Just trying to help. I didn't/don't want to come off as complaining. I appreciate all of your and the webOS community's time and hard work that get put into patches and apps that make the Pre a much better device.

    For now I put back into use the "Reset to First Page and Reset Scroll Position" patches by IMGrant to supplement your patch.

    If/Once you have that stuff working/implemented, I'll be back to using just your patch. Much cleaner and simpler.

    Best Regards!
  19. #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    What exactly is the bug? I tried app launcher patch v1.4.1-5 but found the app launcher up/down animation not occuring smoothly all the time with the quick launch bar set to Hide in Launcher (it would hesitate as the quick launch bar was hiding or reappearing). So I went back to v1.4.1-4 and it's working smoothly again.
    Quote Originally Posted by buddytammy View Post
    the lag is when I swipe up for the luncher or hit the luncher button. Also when I swipe pages in the luncher. It happeneds with and with out the names on it. The luncher transition is not smooth
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Hmm that is wierd the patch does not touch the transition part if wrapping is not enabled. Anyway I will look at the code to see if I can find a reason for this.
    Not sure if you missed my post but I see the lag when bringing up the App Launcher and Quick Launch bar set to Hide in Launcher. As the Quick Launch bar is hiding or reappearing the App Launcher will pause for a split second. Started with 1.4.1-5. 1.4.1-4 transitions smoothly.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  20. #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Not sure if you missed my post but I see the lag when bringing up the App Launcher and Quick Launch bar set to Hide in Launcher. As the Quick Launch bar is hiding or reappearing the App Launcher will pause for a split second. Started with 1.4.1-5. 1.4.1-4 transitions smoothly.
    The only lag I noticed (as Sconix mentioned) is when moving between the first and last pages where the effect/animation is not present.

    Otherwise moving about the launcher is smooth and fast for me. Just my observation.

Posting Permissions