Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848535455565758
Results 1,141 to 1,151 of 1151
Like Tree1Likes
    Thanks sconix. I looked at it earlier, but it made no sense to me at the time. This patch is so awesome. I appreciate the help.
    Hey there!
    I really like how this Patch should work, because it's annoying not to have a table of the next calendar entries on the home screen etc.
    Unfortunately with my Pre 3 I can't find the Patch at Preware. Can you tell me where I can find it?

Greetings
  3.    #1143  
    Quote Originally Posted by wuffels View Post
    Hey there!
    I really like how this Patch should work, because it's annoying not to have a table of the next calendar entries on the home screen etc.
    Unfortunately with my Pre 3 I can't find the Patch at Preware. Can you tell me where I can find it?

Greetings
    Its the advanced system menus patch set (divided in 5 parts) you want to install all the parts though, its divided just for more convenient updating of the patch.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Holy jumpin, that was an amzingly fast!
    But still I first found it myself by just scanning all Patches a bit more in depth ;-)
    Thanks for this nice patch!
    Does it only work if the phone language is english?
    edit*
    it doesn't work for me there either
    just the normal menu with battery etc. opens
    Hi sconix, I am detecting some minor weird behavior with the Today menu. Some background:

- att pre3
    - vanilla doctored, no meta or OTA to 2.2.4
    - All advanced patches installed, along with BMW theme, HP WebOS as a carrier string, 4G icon instead of 3g and a handful of others
    - no calendar patches installed
    - Corporate MS Exchange synced for mail and calendar, no other accounts
    - I have 3 meetings today - from 10:00 to 12:00, from 12:00 to 14:00 and from 12:30 to 13:00
    - The 12 one is a reoccurring every Wednesday, the other two are one timers

Every time I open the today menu, the entry for the reoccurring one is duplicated both in Today's menu and calendar, so by the time you open it 11 times you have 12 records of 12 o'clock meeting. It does not sync back to the exchange server, so it is a viewing duplication, not effectively duplicating the meeting.

This is my daily driver, so I won't be doctoring any time soon, but I can reproduce this every Wednesday and provide command line outputs or other files from the phone. Luna restart just restarts the duplication counter.

Thanks for you hard work that enables us to nit-pick the littlest things

7.    #1147  
    Quote Originally Posted by MihMih View Post
    Hi sconix, I am detecting some minor weird behavior with the Today menu. Some background:

- att pre3
    - vanilla doctored, no meta or OTA to 2.2.4
    - All advanced patches installed, along with BMW theme, HP WebOS as a carrier string, 4G icon instead of 3g and a handful of others
    - no calendar patches installed
    - Corporate MS Exchange synced for mail and calendar, no other accounts
    - I have 3 meetings today - from 10:00 to 12:00, from 12:00 to 14:00 and from 12:30 to 13:00
    - The 12 one is a reoccurring every Wednesday, the other two are one timers

Every time I open the today menu, the entry for the reoccurring one is duplicated both in Today's menu and calendar, so by the time you open it 11 times you have 12 records of 12 o'clock meeting. It does not sync back to the exchange server, so it is a viewing duplication, not effectively duplicating the meeting.

This is my daily driver, so I won't be doctoring any time soon, but I can reproduce this every Wednesday and provide command line outputs or other files from the phone. Luna restart just restarts the duplication counter.

Thanks for you hard work that enables us to nit-pick the littlest things

Click to view quoted image
    Click to view quoted image
    My guess is that is some weird bug in calendar service / in the event data, you could try re-creating the event.

At least the fault should not be the patch, since all that the patch does is the same as the calendar app, it requests the events from the calendar service and displays them. So for some reason reading the event causes the calendar service to duplicate it. So at least there is nothing that the patch could do differently it only asks to get all the calendar events from the service, it does not modify the calendar data in anyway.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Any plans to add support for Skype status change to the Advanced System Menus - Device Menu? Quick access to connect or change status, at the moment you have to do it by starting the Messaging app.

Also, It would be very useful just to get a green/grey/orange dot on the status bar reporting your status on Skype (GTalk,..).

Apologies if this has been mentioned somewhere else but I could not find it.

Thx a lot for all your patches.
  9.    #1149  
    Quote Originally Posted by precentraluser View Post
    Any plans to add support for Skype status change to the Advanced System Menus - Device Menu? Quick access to connect or change status, at the moment you have to do it by starting the Messaging app.

Also, It would be very useful just to get a green/grey/orange dot on the status bar reporting your status on Skype (GTalk,..).

Apologies if this has been mentioned somewhere else but I could not find it.

Thx a lot for all your patches.
    Not so fond of this idea, well I can see it being useful but with the way how the menu is build I don't see nice way to implement this. So I would do it with the help of Mode Switcher, create a mode and use the mode menu.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Not bad idea at all So thank will see if this is possible on next week when I have time and release a new version if (I think it is,but not sure) this is possible.
    I love your 'today' app but it only worked once for me! After that, it began to merely show the standard date time weeknum info in line 1, and message "Show Tomorrow's Events" in the second line. There are no other lines shown. Tapping on line 2 brings me to exactly the equivalent display, shifted one day in the future.

My apologies if this is the wrong page to post...This is the first time I have ever interacted with the developer community. So, any guidance to me (solution or process) would be golden!
  11.    #1151  
    Quote Originally Posted by clarp View Post
    I love your 'today' app but it only worked once for me! After that, it began to merely show the standard date time weeknum info in line 1, and message "Show Tomorrow's Events" in the second line. There are no other lines shown. Tapping on line 2 brings me to exactly the equivalent display, shifted one day in the future.

My apologies if this is the wrong page to post...This is the first time I have ever interacted with the developer community. So, any guidance to me (solution or process) would be golden!
    The patch uses the same way to get the calendar data as the calendar app itself, so if calendar app is working then should the menu be as well. So if its not getting the data its something with your webOS installation, if the problem is that its not showing it then it might be a installation problem.

Things you could try, if it started after installing other patches then you should try to remove all other patches except the advanced ones. Also you should try to re-install the framework / today menu patches. Also one thing you could test is that if you are using some other language than English then try to change to English if it works then, then it can be a bug in the language file patching. I only use/test English so with other languages bugs can exist.

At least I haven't heard other reports about this, I can not test and see for 2.1.0 anymore since I am running 2.2.4 in my pre2 devices. And this thread is for the 1.4.5 patch that was named like this, the thread for the 2.x versions is at here. So posting there to ask if anybody else with 2.1.0 has the problem might help.
Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848535455565758