Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 74752535455565758 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1151
Like Tree1Likes
    Ouch, my bad. I didn't look at the version in the first post... I'm running 2.1

Does the new version show recurring events as well? Because that would make sense. All I currently have in my calendar are recurring events.
  2.    #1122  
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    Ouch, my bad. I didn't look at the version in the first post... I'm running 2.1

Does the new version show recurring events as well? Because that would make sense. All I currently have in my calendar are recurring events.
    Yes the 2.x version handles recurring events, but I have only been able to verify it working with google calendar events since thats the only account I have. And of course with events created in the calendar app. There still might be some other forms of storing the data which the patch does not handle. If you want to help me figuring out why your events are not showing then send me an email to: scorpio.iix at gmail.com

And I will send you instructions how you can give me info about the events so that I can see why they are not showing.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Please help me. I've tried installing the device menu patch three different times, but it still doesn't seem to work correctly. I'm running webOS 2.1 on a Sprint Pre. I first ran EPR, then did a luna restart, then a full restart. Then I installed "Advanced System Menus- Framework" and did a luna restart, then a full restart. Then I installed "Advanced System Menus- Device Menu" and did a luna restart, then a full restart. When I tap on the upper right, the device menu drops down just as it shows in the first screenshot of the patch. The problem is trying to get to the screen that the second screen shot is showing. Gesture+tap doesn't seem to be working to pull up the prefferences. Could you please explain to me if I've done something wrong?

P.S. I've looked for another post regarding this in the forum but couldn't find one, I'm sorry if this has already been discussed.
  4.    #1124  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ki11er View Post
    Please help me. I've tried installing the device menu patch three different times, but it still doesn't seem to work correctly. I'm running webOS 2.1 on a Sprint Pre. I first ran EPR, then did a luna restart, then a full restart. Then I installed "Advanced System Menus- Framework" and did a luna restart, then a full restart. Then I installed "Advanced System Menus- Device Menu" and did a luna restart, then a full restart. When I tap on the upper right, the device menu drops down just as it shows in the first screenshot of the patch. The problem is trying to get to the screen that the second screen shot is showing. Gesture+tap doesn't seem to be working to pull up the prefferences. Could you please explain to me if I've done something wrong?

P.S. I've looked for another post regarding this in the forum but couldn't find one, I'm sorry if this has already been discussed.
    There is a own thread for the 2.x version and also own wiki. So please see the wiki link from here. The gesture+tap was dropped since it does not work in WebOS 2.x currently. Tap-n-hold is the new way to do the secondary action in my patches (in most cases).
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    your posting in the wrong thread. This thread is for the top bar menus on 1.4.5 not 2.1

secondly.. Sounds like your getting it installed, but your using the wrong commands to use it. The gesture + tap don't work in the 2.1 version of patch.

search for the right thread (advanced system menus 2.x) there will be a link to the wiki there that will help on how to use it.
    Thank you so much! Tap and hold worked. And sorry for posting in the wrong thread. I promise to send a donation to you soon, sconix. I love your work. And wow thatwas a quick response !
    Installed all the new updated 'Advanced' patches and now I notice that the Battery & percent Icon no longer change colors depending on the state fo charging etc.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Installed all the new updated 'Advanced' patches and now I notice that the Battery & percent Icon no longer change colors depending on the state fo charging etc.
    Yes. That was removed. See the Wiki for the changelog.
  9.    #1129  
    So many requested that since the icon already has color there is no real reason for the text to have. I could make it configurable in the future if needed, but hopefully people at least would try and see if they can live without the colors with the icon.
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Yes. That was removed. See the Wiki for the changelog.
    Sorry, it seems that I posted in the wrong thread and which is why when I checked out the wiki linked in the OP of this thread, I could not find the relevant changelog. It might help to rename this thread to indicate that it is for the 1.4.5 versions.

Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    So many requested that since the icon already has color there is no real reason for the text to have. I could make it configurable in the future if needed, but hopefully people at least would try and see if they can live without the colors with the icon.
    I could live with only the icon having colors, but the problem is, that now even the icon does not change colors to indicate when the phone is charging. The only time it has a color it seems, is when the battery is fully charged.

It would be nice to have different colors for different states and different stages of charge. The following is what I think a webOS 1.4.5 patch used to have and which worked quite nicely.

Teal = charging
    Green = >79%
    Yellow = 40% - 79%
    Orange = 20% - 39%
    Red = <20%

12.    #1132  
    I could live with only the icon having colors, but the problem is, that now even the icon does not change colors to indicate when the phone is charging. The only time it has a color it seems, is when the battery is fully charged.

It would be nice to have different colors for different states and different stages of charge. The following is what I think a webOS 1.4.5 patch used to have and which worked quite nicely.

Teal = charging
    Green = >79%
    Yellow = 40% - 79%
    Orange = 20% - 39%
    Red = <20%
    When using the percentage only the colors of course are there since no other way to see when its charging etc. But with icon the icon still works as it would work without the percentage since the icon is only rotated the code that handles the icon state is not touched. The icon has colors for being full, 20% and 10% and extra icon for charging. If many people want to have the colors for icon+percentage as well I can add a tweaks for that. The reason why I removed the color from icon+percentage was that many had requested that and for me it made sense not to have colors as well since the colors of percentage are different than colors for the icon, hence I did not add tweaks for this choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    When using the percentage only the colors of course are there since no other way to see when its charging etc. But with icon the icon still works as it would work without the percentage since the icon is only rotated the code that handles the icon state is not touched. The icon has colors for being full, 20% and 10% and extra icon for charging. If many people want to have the colors for icon+percentage as well I can add a tweaks for that. The reason why I removed the color from icon+percentage was that many had requested that and for me it made sense not to have colors as well since the colors of percentage are different than colors for the icon, hence I did not add tweaks for this choice.
    I am fine with only the icon having colors and I agree with the logic that the 'percentage' does not need to have colors if the icon does. What I am asking for though, is to have different colors for the icon for different charge states as mentioned in my previous post. For people such as myself who are getting on up there in age, the very small "extra icon for charging" and the 'percentage' are very difficult to see and thus the color of the icon makes it quite convenient to see the current state of the battery with a simple glance and without having to use reading glasses to do so. I hope you understand what I am referring to.

14.    #1134  
    I am fine with only the icon having colors and I agree with the logic that the 'percentage' does not need to have colors if the icon does. What I am asking for though, is to have different colors for the icon for different charge states as mentioned in my previous post. For people such as myself who are getting on up there in age, the very small "extra icon for charging" and the 'percentage' are very difficult to see and thus the color of the icon makes it quite convenient to see the current state of the battery with a simple glance and without having to use reading glasses to do so. I hope you understand what I am referring to.
    At least now I get what you mean, well changing the icon is lot more work and I am not even sure that what is the license of those palm images that can they legally be modified/copied to have more colors for example. So what you are asking would be lot more work and sadly my artist skills are also next to none so can't make new icons myself. So for now the only option is to use the percentage only, which is more visible and has the color coding.
    I found the patch that I was referring to, it is the 'Battery Percent and Icon' patch from Jason Robitaille. Turns out I was wrong about the Icon changing colors, rather it is the 'percentage' that changes colors.

Code:
    Patch: 'Battery Percent and Icon'

Description:
    This will add a color-coded percent number with the battery icon in the top bar.

Charging = Teal
    100-70% = Green
    69-45% = Yellow
    44-20% = Orange
    19-0% = Red

Maintainers: nesl247, Jason Robitaille, pcworld
    If possible could you add this as an option via Tweaks. The Icon colors could be left to the OS default and the 'percentage' could change colors to reflect the battery state. This would be immensely helpful for those with eyesight issues and also not require any "artist skills".

As an alternate, the Icon with the vertical 'percentage' would also work, since the font size of the 'percentage' would be a little larger and thus easier to read.

Thanks.

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I use the "Battery Percent and icon White Red Teal" patch (only available for 1.4.5 AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK) $from$ $cwgtex$. $It$ $combines$ $the$ $vertical$ $icon$ $and$ $an$ $horizontal$ $percentage$ $that$ $is$ $just$ $a$ $little$ $smaller$ $than$ $the$ $font$ $size$ $of$ $the$ $current$ $time$ $displaying$ $in$ $the$ $cente$ $of$ $the$ $top$ $bar$.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  17.    #1137  
    I found the patch that I was referring to, it is the 'Battery Percent and Icon' patch from Jason Robitaille. Turns out I was wrong about the Icon changing colors, rather it is the 'percentage' that changes colors.

Code:
    Patch: 'Battery Percent and Icon'

Description:
    This will add a color-coded percent number with the battery icon in the top bar.

Charging = Teal
    100-70% = Green
    69-45% = Yellow
    44-20% = Orange
    19-0% = Red

Maintainers: nesl247, Jason Robitaille, pcworld
    If possible could you add this as an option via Tweaks. The Icon colors could be left to the OS default and the 'percentage' could change colors to reflect the battery state. This would be immensely helpful for those with eyesight issues and also not require any "artist skills".

As an alternate, the Icon with the vertical 'percentage' would also work, since the font size of the 'percentage' would be a little larger and thus easier to read.

Thanks.
    I still wont quite get it why person with eyesight problem would choose icon+percentage in the first place the hardest one of the options to see But if more requests comes for adding the color back into the icon/percentage option I will add and option for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    I use the "Battery Percent and icon White Red Teal" patch (only available for 1.4.5 AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK) $from$ $cwgtex$. $It$ $combines$ $the$ $vertical$ $icon$ $and$ $an$ $horizontal$ $percentage$ $that$ $is$ $just$ $a$ $little$ $smaller$ $than$ $the$ $font$ $size$ $of$ $the$ $current$ $time$ $displaying$ $in$ $the$ $cente$ $of$ $the$ $top$ $bar$.
    I think I used ot use that too, but unfoirtunately it is not only not available for webOS 2.1.0, but it would not be compatible with the Advanced menu patches anyhow.

Any idea why the wifi radio disappeared from my top bar? I've been using this patch for a year, but last night it just went away and was replaced by a device and network drawer.
  20.    #1140  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcumings View Post
    Any idea why the wifi radio disappeared from my top bar? I've been using this patch for a year, but last night it just went away and was replaced by a device and network drawer.
    The configuration cookie has "damaged" somehow just reconfigure the contents of the menu. See the wiki how to configure the menus.