Page 56 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6465152535455565758 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1151
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1101  
    Quote Originally Posted by onlinespending View Post
    I've installed the webos 2.x (wr) version of the "Advanced System Menus - Framework" patch and it also installs a GPS icon and Mute icon to the top bar. Sconix, presumably you took the diff of a certain file and forgot that you had already applied the additional icons? Could you release a clean version without the icons? Besides not wanting them, they also cause conflicts with other patches. Thank you!
    No, I included those in purpose. The reason is that GPS status call in WebOS does not support subscribing so to have the icon properly implemented the only way is to include it in the patch. Or otherwise the icon would not always show the status properly with the device menu patch. And since I had to include the gps icon there was no reason to leave out the ringer icon.

I can't think of any patch that would conflict due to those added icons. About not wanting them I have plans to make it configurable what icons are shown or some other way to make the situation better for those that have so many visible that they'll go under the clock. Just haven't had time to do this yet.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    No, I included those in purpose. The reason is that GPS status call in WebOS does not support subscribing so to have the icon properly implemented the only way is to include it in the patch. Or otherwise the icon would not always show the status properly with the device menu patch. And since I had to include the gps icon there was no reason to leave out the ringer icon.

I can't think of any patch that would conflict due to those added icons. About not wanting them I have plans to make it configurable what icons are shown or some other way to make the situation better for those that have so many visible that they'll go under the clock. Just haven't had time to do this yet.
    OK. I like the idea of making it configurable. The patch that seems to conflict with yours is the Circle Battery Icon one that's getting a lot of support in the Patches forum. It's possible it's something that can be avoided on their end, since the vertical battery percentage patch does not conflict with yours. I'll look into it.
  3.    #1103  
    Quote Originally Posted by onlinespending View Post
    OK. I like the idea of making it configurable. The patch that seems to conflict with yours is the Circle Battery Icon one that's getting a lot of support in the Patches forum. It's possible it's something that can be avoided on their end, since the vertical battery percentage patch does not conflict with yours. I'll look into it.
    Yes it would be nice if that patch can be maid compatible. Or if there is some small change that I can do to make my patch compatible let me know. Now I am too busy to look into that myself.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    need support 2.1
  5.    #1105  
    Quote Originally Posted by coolabc View Post
    need support 2.1
    I will release patches for 2.1 the very day when its available for my device (pre2). I need to test them properly before releasing.
    All these patches for webOS 2.0.1 have several bugs. Gesture + swipe is supposed to bring up the option menu, but instead it works the other way around. Also, the 'Today menu' patch does not work properly. Instead of displaying only today's events, it strangely displays the entire list of events from my calendar in alphabetical order. Go figure. I am surprised that no one has mentioned these problems yet.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  7.    #1107  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    All these patches for webOS 2.0.1 have several bugs. Gesture + swipe is supposed to bring up the option menu, but instead it works the other way around. Also, the 'Today menu' patch does not work properly. Instead of displaying only today's events, it strangely displays the entire list of events from my calendar in alphabetical order. Go figure. I am surprised that no one has mentioned these problems yet.
    Gesture + tap is not working in webOS 2.0 its bug in webos not in the patches. For now you can use orange+tap. For me today menu works as it should. What calendar source you have? I guess its not google calendar which is the only one I have tested. And I can only trust that WebOS stores the events in same format, but its possible that its not the case.

So tell me what calendar source you have and I see if I can test that and find the reason.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    today menu works fine for me (Palm, facebook). Glad to know Gesture problem is not just my device.
    I also am using opt+tap for that (& it's not just the patches it just that there they are more pronounced)
    gesture+tap doesn't work for me but square+tap does (I try to avoid calling it orange+tap because that button hasn't been orange since the original pre, now three versions and two years old and I think it would confuse new users). My today menu also seems to show everything for all year in alphabetical order. I have google calendars and facebook (also yahoo but no events) the events that are showing up that shouldn't be are from google calendar. They are events that were created by the add contact birthdays parch on my old pre plus. If I scroll to the bottom of the list there's the last person's birthday then three lines. They are blank where the event title should be, but where the time goes it says "NAN:NAN AM". Then it says "Show Tomorrow's Events" as it should (btw, pressing that does not change anything in the menu.)
  10.    #1110  
    Quote Originally Posted by JamMasterClay View Post
    gesture+tap doesn't work for me but square+tap does (I try to avoid calling it orange+tap because that button hasn't been orange since the original pre, now three versions and two years old and I think it would confuse new users). My today menu also seems to show everything for all year in alphabetical order. I have google calendars and facebook (also yahoo but no events) the events that are showing up that shouldn't be are from google calendar. They are events that were created by the add contact birthdays parch on my old pre plus. If I scroll to the bottom of the list there's the last person's birthday then three lines. They are blank where the event title should be, but where the time goes it says "NAN:NAN AM". Then it says "Show Tomorrow's Events" as it should (btw, pressing that does not change anything in the menu.)
    Ok so there has to be some problem then. Maybe it has something to do with events added by Pre and not google calendar. Anyway I haven't been able to reproduce this in my pre2 so I would need someone with the problem to help me out. So if someone with this problem is willing to work with me to fix this then please contact me vie email (scorpio.iix at gmail.com).
    For me today menu works as it should. What calendar source you have? I guess its not google calendar which is the only one I have tested. And I can only trust that WebOS stores the events in same format, but its possible that its not the case.

So tell me what calendar source you have and I see if I can test that and find the reason.
    I am syncing the calendar with only 'Hotmail' for now. But previously I was using both 'Gmail' and 'Hotmail' to sync calendars and if I remember correctly, the problem was the same as now.

12.    #1112  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I am syncing the calendar with only 'Hotmail' for now. But previously I was using both 'Gmail' and 'Hotmail' to sync calendars and if I remember correctly, the problem was the same as now.
    I am just now pushing an update to the today menu patch. Hopefully it fixes your problem as well. At least it fixed similar problems for another user.
    I am just now pushing an update to the today menu patch. Hopefully it fixes your problem as well. At least it fixed similar problems for another user.
    It seems to be working fine now.

i was trying to delete the framework patch (vzw) patch today. it gets stuck and requires a doctor to remove it -- at least in my experience. are the alpha's that you have up for test for 2.1 only or are they also to be tested on a pre2 running 2.0.1?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  15.    #1115  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    i was trying to delete the framework patch (vzw) patch today. it gets stuck and requires a doctor to remove it -- at least in my experience. are the alpha's that you have up for test for 2.1 only or are they also to be tested on a pre2 running 2.0.1?
    Well patches never require a doctor, only EPR if something goes wrong. But its not the patch it something else that has messed up the system.

And the alpha versions are only for 2.1 and only the final versions will be 2.1 only.
    Well patches never require a doctor, only EPR if something goes wrong. But its not the patch it something else that has messed up the system.

And the alpha versions are only for 2.1 and only the final versions will be 2.1 only.
    i EPR twice --could not get it to go away -- now phone is clean -- hope the pre 2 does get 2.1 ( why is a new phone released with less then top OS?)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  17.    #1117  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    i EPR twice --could not get it to go away -- now phone is clean -- hope the pre 2 does get 2.1 ( why is a new phone released with less then top OS?)
    If EPR fails then something bad has happened Well 2.1 is out for pre 2 as of today, at least the unlocked ones, yey =)
    For the Top Bar Patches for webOS 2.x (now called Advanced System Menus), please post questions, problems, etc... in the corresponding thread.

http://forums.precentral.net/enlight...menus-2-x.html

As usual, the OP contains links to the matching wiki page and donation link!

Thanks!

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    The Today-Menu does not show my appointments. Is there a known conflict between the menu and German localization and/or Uberkalendar?
  20.    #1120  
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    The Today-Menu does not show my appointments. Is there a known conflict between the menu and German localization and/or Uberkalendar?
    I guess you are talking about 1.4.5 version since you are posting in this thread. If I remember correctly the 1.x version did not for example show repeating events etc. So anything is possible with the 1.x version. Otherwise uber and localization should not cause any problems.