Page 55 of 58 FirstFirst ... 545505152535455565758 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1151
Like Tree1Likes
    Okay - I should find it in the editing mode. I didnt realize this.

However, obviously I still dont understand or dont manage to do so.

"Editing the menu is as simple as a Gesture + Tap/Swipe to open the menu for editing."

Tapping any entry will open its submenu/subentries but not offer any editing mode. Swiping blanks the menu

Please excuse my silliness. But what exactely do I have to do to get the editing mode of the menu?
  2.    #1082  
    Quote Originally Posted by totto214 View Post
    Okay - I should find it in the editing mode. I didnt realize this.

However, obviously I still dont understand or dont manage to do so.

"Editing the menu is as simple as a Gesture + Tap/Swipe to open the menu for editing."

Tapping any entry will open its submenu/subentries but not offer any editing mode. Swiping blanks the menu

Please excuse my silliness. But what exactely do I have to do to get the editing mode of the menu?
    Ok so it seems like there is still something to do for the wiki team (oakridge_outdoors) So what it means is that gesture+tap to the menu area on the top bar. So normal tap opens the menu normally and gesture + tap opens the menu in editing mode. And gesture + tap means that you hold one of your finger in the gesture area while tapping the menu area on top bar. Hopefully this helps.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.

Ahh ! Thats it ! I guess I would have never managed this without this more detailed explanation.

And you were right indeed. Both entries were set to be hidden.
    I do not know why, but however, now it works.

Thanks !!!

Just one comment: The BT bug you mentioned, in my case it only occured in combination with MS. Is it so?
  4.    #1084  

Ahh ! Thats it ! I guess I would have never managed this without this more detailed explanation.

Thanks !!!

Just one comment: The BT bug you mentioned, in my case it only occured in combination with MS. Is it so?
    I don't know neither how they got disabled in your setup, but glad that you got it sorted out. It might be something to do with how I save those settings which I changed in 2.x versions of the patches so most likely this was 1.4.x specific problem with the patch.

Yes the BT/Wifi bug only is brought up by MS. It is something to do with MS doing other request at the same time when requesting BT/Wifi state. I tried many different things to go over this bug but was not able to so I gave up and will test it again with MS 2.0 + WebOS 2.x to see that has it gone away. If no (which I doubt) then I start hunting workaround once again.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    I've ran into trouble... After installing "System Menu Mod v1" (and restarting phone, as requested), menus don't show up at all.

Menus of individual applications do work, of course. And Mode Switcher does work too. Right before this, I had some System Menu modules successfully working, like the "Today" one.

I also have "Quick System Tasks", that I seldom use (just to check radio status, for example). Could it be conflicting with System Menus? I'd bet that there's some underlying service that is not working.

According to Preware, this is every patch I have, with "System Menu" in its name: Initial Framework, Mode Menu, Mods v1 and Today Menu. Also, I have SysToolMgr and Upstart Manager services.

About applications... aside from Mode Switcher, I don't think any of them might conflict with System Menus.

Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Ok so it seems like there is still something to do for the wiki team (oakridge_outdoors) .....
    I've added an explanation of the gesture+tap (meta-tap) to the beginning of the Usage section on the wiki.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    After installing "System Menu Mod v1" menus don't show up at all. Menus of individual applications do work, and Mode Switcher does work too. Right before this, I had some System Menu modules successfully working, like the "Today" one.
    Pity I didn't have an answer from the programmers, so I had to half-fix this issue... And have another!

Yesterday, I uninstalled "Quick System Tasks", which as supposed, meant no change at all and System Menus still didn't appear. Then, I uninstalled "System Menu Mod v1" and voila, menus appeared again.

Wanna know my new issue? My Pre is muted now! I hear nothing when I call, nor people can hear me. Fortunately, if I switch on the hands free (speaker on the back), I can talk, and people hear me, so the microphone is not broken.

Also, system sounds are muted, even when I play ringtones or music through "Music Player Remix". Of course, the mute switch is off, and I have the mute icon patch to confirm.

Isn't this really, really strange? A couple of restarts did nothing. I'm perplex! I have to blame System Menus, because it's the only thing I've been fiddling with.

Oh my, just discovered that sometimes a Pre believes a headset is still plugged in...

Now, my standing question... Should I try "System Menu Mod v1" again?
    Last edited by jcmarcos; 02/01/2011 at 02:38 AM.
  8.    #1088  
    Pity I didn't have an answer from the programmers, so I had to half-fix this issue... And have another!

Yesterday, I uninstalled "Quick System Tasks", which as supposed, meant no change at all and System Menus still didn't appear. Then, I uninstalled "System Menu Mod v1" and voila, menus appeared again.

Wanna know my new issue? My Pre is muted now! I hear nothing when I call, nor people can hear me. Fortunately, if I switch on the hands free (speaker on the back), I can talk, and people hear me, so the microphone is not broken.

Also, system sounds are muted, even when I play ringtones or music through "Music Player Remix". Of course, the mute switch is off, and I have the mute icon patch to confirm.

Isn't this really, really strange? A couple of restarts did nothing. I'm perplex! I have to blame System Menus, because it's the only thing I've been fiddling with.

Oh my, just discovered that sometimes a Pre believes a headset is still plugged in...

Now, my standing question... Should I try "System Menu Mod v1" again?
    The patch cannot leave any permanent miss behavior behind when removed so its not the patches fault. Have you used your headset plug lately? Maybe its stuck on headset mode (its a known fault of Pre's). If your connector is not completely broken then just connect headsets few times and it should get back to the normal speaker mode and you can hear your sounds again.

About the menu patch it needs English locale to work and the framework patch. If those criterias are filled then some other patch is conflicting or you have some modified files left behind by previously installed patched or themes etc.
    The patch cannot leave any permanent miss behavior behind when removed so its not the patches fault.
    That's what I suspected, thankyou for the information. As I don't know what are patches exactly in WebOS. Is it replacing system files, while keeping the originals safe apart?

Have you used your headset plug lately?
    Yesterday, precisely. Indeed, it's the "headset mode" to blame. As I didn't have the slightest idea about this problem, I mistakently blamed your System Menu patches. Sorry.

If your connector is not completely broken then just connect headsets few times and it should get back to the normal speaker mode and you can hear your sounds again.
    Sounds went back with a plug, and also with the "Ghasty Headset" app. I've succesfully made a test call. Guess what? Phone reverted back to headset mode after ending the call. What can I do (aside from asking in the proper thread, of course).

About the menu patch it needs English locale to work and the framework patch.
    According to Preware, this is what I have, with "System Menu" in its name: Initial Framework, Mode Menu and Today Menu (removed Mods v1). Also, I can't find that "english locale" anywhere...

If those criterias are filled
    I had hoped so...

then some other patch is conflicting
    I'm quite confident that I have no other patches to menu functionality. Could you name a few, for me to check? I don't want to flood this with a list of everything I have.

or you have some modified files left behind by previously installed patched or themes etc.
    No themes ever, and the only menu related patches were yours. So I guess it's all due to the lack of "english locale". But where can I find it? I thought I had followed correctly the explanations in the wiki.
  10.    #1090  
    About the plug issue I don't know how to fix it, in my original Pre I connected / disconnected the plug many times for the system to get stay in the proper audio state and just stopped using the headset since in my Pre it just was not working. Anyway did not had any real use for it and did not have change to replace it with warranty etc. since I ordered it from overseas. With my Pre2 its working as it should.

Sorry my technical terms, with english locale I mean that you have to have your language in the phone set to English US, the 2.x versions will support all languages, but the 1.4.5 patch wont.

So if you have english US as language then I am out of ideas why its not working for you. You could always try running EPR (emergency patch recover) app which removes all patches and then just try to install the system menu patches and see if they work before installing any other. If still no go you could always run the EPR + WebOS repair tool to make sure that all your files are in original state and then try again.

That's what I suspected, thankyou for the information. As I don't know what are patches exactly in WebOS. Is it replacing system files, while keeping the originals safe apart?

Yesterday, precisely. Indeed, it's the "headset mode" to blame. As I didn't have the slightest idea about this problem, I mistakently blamed your System Menu patches. Sorry.

Sounds went back with a plug, and also with the "Ghasty Headset" app. I've succesfully made a test call. Guess what? Phone reverted back to headset mode after ending the call. What can I do (aside from asking in the proper thread, of course).

According to Preware, this is what I have, with "System Menu" in its name: Initial Framework, Mode Menu and Today Menu (removed Mods v1). Also, I can't find that "english locale" anywhere...

I had hoped so...

I'm quite confident that I have no other patches to menu functionality. Could you name a few, for me to check? I don't want to flood this with a list of everything I have.

No themes ever, and the only menu related patches were yours. So I guess it's all due to the lack of "english locale". But where can I find it? I thought I had followed correctly the explanations in the wiki.
    About the plug issue I don't know how to fix it, in my original Pre I connected / disconnected the plug many times for the system to get stay in the proper audio state and just stopped using the headset since in my Pre it just was not working.
    Thankyou for the information. It's a pity the headset connector is so dumb - I'm was one of the 0.00000001% of the population that never had enjoyed an MP3 player, and when I start doing so with my Pre, things fail... :-(

with english locale I mean that you have to have your language in the phone set to English US
    Oh, I understand. I live in Spain, so my Movistar GSM Pre won't fulfill this requirement. So no "Mod v1" menus for me. Was this requirement documented in the wiki? And why exactly this dependance on a system language?

the 2.x versions will support all languages
    The availability of WebOS 2.x for the original Pre is far from guaranteed, isn't it. Anyway, right now I don't know how 2.x would be any better than 1.4.5 with all these lovely patches and apps you bring us!

EPR (emergency patch recover) app removes all patches
    I think I saw something about it recently. But as of now, patches and apps setups are so well done I've never had the need for such a cleanup.
  12.    #1092  
    English US should be as available language in all WebOS versions as far as I know, but of course if you want to keep the device language in your native language then you are out of luck. And yes I was bit disappointment about the headset plug in the original Pre, but luckily I had bluetooth headset as well.

The reason why the patch is tied to language is that for every language there is different set of html files which all need to be patched. Which of course means more work which itself would not be bad, but then there is different WebOS versions with different set of languages so you can not make a patch that install in all WebOS versions so then I would end up making multiple versions of the patch which I don't like to do. The 2.x versions support all languages since for now there is only one WebOS 2.x version the World ready version so all installations have same set of supported languages. Not sure what I am going to do when webOS 2.x is released with different language sets. Either I move to only support English once again or I do separate patches for wanted languages. Which is not perfect solution since patches won't support dependencies so its up to users to install all the correct patches etc. Currently I don't even know whether for example Spanish files are the same on all setups where that language is available so not sure if its possible to make per language patches.

I agree that WebOS 2.0 brings very little new for normal users than 1.4.5 + patches, but at least from development point of view it has lots of stuff that make things much better as for my patches than for my app Mode Switcher.

Thankyou for the information. It's a pity the headset connector is so dumb - I'm was one of the 0.00000001% of the population that never had enjoyed an MP3 player, and when I start doing so with my Pre, things fail... :-(

Oh, I understand. I live in Spain, so my Movistar GSM Pre won't fulfill this requirement. So no "Mod v1" menus for me. Was this requirement documented in the wiki? And why exactly this dependance on a system language?

The availability of WebOS 2.x for the original Pre is far from guaranteed, isn't it. Anyway, right now I don't know how 2.x would be any better than 1.4.5 with all these lovely patches and apps you bring us!

I think I saw something about it recently. But as of now, patches and apps setups are so well done I've never had the need for such a cleanup.
    if you want to keep the device language in your native language then you are out of luck.
    The rest of the functionality of your system menus is very good anyway. Is there any alternative to "Mod v1" system menu? I'd love to check and control each radio, and not only Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.

I was bit disappointment about the headset plug in the original Pre, but luckily I had bluetooth headset as well.
    Oh, you've just gave me an idea. A $60+ idea, though. Indeed, the problem is physycal in my Pre, and I've found a way to fix it.

The reason why the patch is tied to language is that for every language there is different set of html files which all need to be patched.
    Oh. Too cumbersome, of course. Thanks for the information. Perhaps you could add a message in your "Mod v1" patch, that warns when the language is not supported, and then refuses to start. Remember, if started in those conditions, then no system menu shows up at all.

I agree that WebOS 2.0 brings very little new for normal users than 1.4.5 + patches, but at least from development point of view it has lots of stuff that make things much better.
    Indeed. One of these days, I should check how WebOS works, as seen from a programmer point of view. Any reads you could recommend? By the way, today I've just tried the Ares web development environment (with Chrome, as it requires HTML5): I don't understand it yet, but looks awesome!
  14.    #1094  
    Well the other device menu patches should work just fine with rest of my system menu patches so maybe they could offer you what you need and they might work with other languages as well.

The wiki should mention about the language limitation if I remember correctly. If not then anybody is welcomed to add that info there. The patching "platform" does not support easily setting checks or telling info for users so hence that does not exist. Patch are anyway bit "advanced" in nature since there can be conflicts etc. which cannot be easily checked automatically so lot of the understanding why something does not work is left for the user.

Sorry nothing to recommend for reading I am learn as you type of a person so don't read any books just learn by doing and when I cannot get something done as I want I ask from google Anyway I can recommend looking into development for WebOS, when you get the hang of the basics its quite easy to code with JSJSJS $and$ $produce$ $working$ $applications$.

The rest of the functionality of your system menus is very good anyway. Is there any alternative to "Mod v1" system menu? I'd love to check and control each radio, and not only Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.

Oh, you've just gave me an idea. A $60+ idea, though. Indeed, the problem is physycal in my Pre, and I've found a way to fix it.

Oh. Too cumbersome, of course. Thanks for the information. Perhaps you could add a message in your "Mod v1" patch, that warns when the language is not supported, and then refuses to start. Remember, if started in those conditions, then no system menu shows up at all.

Indeed. One of these days, I should check how WebOS works, as seen from a programmer point of view. Any reads you could recommend? By the way, today I've just tried the Ares web development environment (with Chrome, as it requires HTML5): I don't understand it yet, but looks awesome!
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Sconix, Menuframework not installing of VZW 2.01 I think it is due to the lang thing above.

Obviously you may need a few days to look at the doctor so, not trying to push you, just making note as no one has yet.
  16.    #1096  
    Quote Originally Posted by MiDoJo View Post
    Sconix, Menuframework not installing of VZW 2.01 I think it is due to the lang thing above.

Obviously you may need a few days to look at the doctor so, not trying to push you, just making note as no one has yet.
    Yes the current patches are for WR version only. I will have to make separate version for VZW. I'll try to do that today.
  17.    #1097  
    Quote Originally Posted by MiDoJo View Post

Yes the current patches are for WR version only. I will have to make separate version for VZW. I'll try to do that today.

The VZW versions of the patches should hit the feed soon. The app menu patch is the only one that will install cleanly for both WR and VZW so did not release separate version of that.
    Last edited by sconix; 02/19/2011 at 05:09 AM.
    Thanks Sconix, I have a unlocked palm pre 2. When I install your patches I dont know how to change the settings. Are there directions on how to change the settings. I looked all over on how to set the power Menu but cant locate the menu.
    Thanks
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
  19.    #1099  
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    Thanks Sconix, I have a unlocked palm pre 2. When I install your patches I dont know how to change the settings. Are there directions on how to change the settings. I looked all over on how to set the power Menu but cant locate the menu.
    Thanks
    Just see the wiki (link in the first post of this thread). It explains every single feature that the patches offer.
    I've installed the webos 2.x (wr) version of the "Advanced System Menus - Framework" patch and it also installs a GPS icon and Mute icon to the top bar. Sconix, presumably you took the diff of a certain file and forgot that you had already applied the additional icons? Could you release a clean version without the icons? Besides not wanting them, they also cause conflicts with other patches. Thank you!