Page 54 of 58 FirstFirst ... 44449505152535455565758 LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1151
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1061  
    Quote Originally Posted by totto214 View Post
    I thought it is best to go back to zero.
    So I ran the webosrepair utility.
    But it completed without having found nothing to repair. At least it did not ask for any confirmation until it finished succesfully. However, it still does not react if I klick on the upper right corner to get the menu.

And of course, still only the standard apps can be seen in the launcher. Apart from this only the symbol of the developer mode is there.

My doctor is the version which was automatically updated by the repair utility (Build 236.222 06/14/10). And this combination worked on 31.12.2010.

What exately is "forced shutdown" ? After installing the patch, the menu did not work. So I restarted my phone via system information. But that did not change anything.

So what to do now ?
    I don't know about the repair utility I never have used it myself. Many have said that restarting windows has helped to the problem it not recognizing any modified files.

If you wanted to start from zero with the patches then the best way is to always run the EPR (emergency patch recovery) utility that can be found/installed from preware. It removes all patches and you only need to run the repair utility after that if you still have some left overs from some themes or other unsupported patch installation methods. The menu should start working when you have removed the patches that modify that menu or definitely after running EPR since all patches are therefore removed.

About the not all apps showing in the launcher I am not sure what you have done to cause that. If the apps still show as installed in preware/app catalog then the app launcher database is most likely got damaged or you have currently half installed ACAL patch. So most likely removing all patches with EPR should fix your problem and then you can install everything back.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    First, thanks for the tips.

Shall I try to reinstall Preware via QI, even though it still may be existent somewhere on the Pre ?
  3.    #1063  
    First, thanks for the tips.

Shall I try to reinstall Preware via QI, even though it still may be existent somewhere on the Pre ?
    At least it should not hurt to try re-installing it. If you have some kind of terminal access to your Pre (ssh or novacom for example) then you could start Preware from the console. Or if you had MS installed then start it from the menu if you still have the mode menu patch installed and create a mode for starting the Preware.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    You were right. I cleared everything with EPR, changed the language to English and now everything works.

What has to be done to extend the patch to German language. At least to make it compatible? (I may ask in the German forums for support concerning this development)

One more question: Are the menu patches compatible with Dr. Battery? I wonder about the menu entries ...
    Last edited by totto214; 01/03/2011 at 03:17 PM.
  5.    #1065  
    You were right. I cleared everything with EPR, changed the language to English and now everything works.

What has to be done to extend the patch to German language. At least to make it compatible? (I may ask in the German forums for support concerning this development)

One more question: Are the menu patches compatible with Dr. Battery? I wonder about the menu entries ...
    The corresponding resource html file would need to be patched to have the same changes that are in the english version of those files. The 2.x versions of these patches will work with all languages (at least at the moment). Unfortunately I just don't have time or will to update the patches for 1.4.5 since I have pre2.

All apps will work with these patches (including dr. battery), since no apps modify the menus.
    Hi again !

I understand that you will not invest time in the running out 1.4.5. Many thanks to your efforts for the existing patches !!!

I guess, those issues will be solved in the next versions for webos 2.0 ? How long will this take according to your current thoughts?

Best regards
    totto
  7.    #1067  
    Hi again !

I understand that you will not invest time in the running out 1.4.5. Many thanks to your efforts for the existing patches !!!

I guess, those issues will be solved in the next versions for webos 2.0 ? How long will this take according to your current thoughts?

Best regards
    totto
    What issues you mean? If you mean the language thing then as I tried to say, there is no issues with the 2.x versions of these patches and they work with all languages already right now.
    Ah - that means its just up to Palm ? Okay - then, thanks to you again!

So all I have to do is to keep patient a couple of years until 2.0 is available ...
    Two days ago, I noticed that my device menu is no longer functioning properly. I can pull down the menu but when I tap gps, phone, data,wifi, or bluetooth, nothing happens. I am no longer presented with the expected toggles/options. Only the device and flashlight options are functional.

The only changes I made recently was I installed the UberCalendar and Email MegaMix patches (plus I uninstalled all conflicting patches). None of this modify the Device Menu so these shouldn't be the cause of the problem. Nevertheless, I ran EPR and reinstalled just the patches that I've been using for the last 6 months without issue.

Guess what? My device menu still has the same problem. Then I uninstalled/reinstalled sconix's device menu patch (system menu mod v1) but that did not fix the problem.

Any other ideas before I take my phone to the Doctor? I'm thinking that might be overkill but I'm running out of ideas.
  10.    #1070  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Two days ago, I noticed that my device menu is no longer functioning properly. I can pull down the menu but when I tap gps, phone, data,wifi, or bluetooth, nothing happens. I am no longer presented with the expected toggles/options. Only the device and flashlight options are functional.

The only changes I made recently was I installed the UberCalendar and Email MegaMix patches (plus I uninstalled all conflicting patches). None of this modify the Device Menu so these shouldn't be the cause of the problem. Nevertheless, I ran EPR and reinstalled just the patches that I've been using for the last 6 months without issue.

Guess what? My device menu still has the same problem. Then I uninstalled/reinstalled sconix's device menu patch (system menu mod v1) but that did not fix the problem.

Any other ideas before I take my phone to the Doctor? I'm thinking that might be overkill but I'm running out of ideas.
    This is due to top bar thinking that the phone is in airplane mode even if its not. So toggling airplane mode should fix the problem.
    OMG! sconix, you are a GENIUS because... IT WORKED!

Do you have any idea of how much time you just saved me? Well, since you are the super dope developer that you are, you probably do.

THANK YOU!!!
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    What issues you mean? If you mean the language thing then as I tried to say, there is no issues with the 2.x versions of these patches and they work with all languages already right now.
    Sorry to say that, but I had similar issues (Device menu was not opening at all) on my Pre2 running on German language. I tried to re-install but was not successful. Then I switched to English, re-installed the patch again and voilą it works as expected.

So not a big deal for me but maybe worth for you to know.

Anyway many many thanks for your patches and the ModeSwitcher!!!
  13.    #1073  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre-Rudi View Post
    Sorry to say that, but I had similar issues (Device menu was not opening at all) on my Pre2 running on German language. I tried to re-install but was not successful. Then I switched to English, re-installed the patch again and voilą it works as expected.

So not a big deal for me but maybe worth for you to know.

Anyway many many thanks for your patches and the ModeSwitcher!!!
    If you are running 2.0.1 and my patches then if you could change the language back to german and try to open the device menu and then send me /var/log/messages file I could fix the problem. Anyway the 2.x versions should work with all languages, but if they don't I need to get the messages log to know the reason so that I can fix it. When the 2.x is released for all devices then I get my dev phone back in the game and could try this myself, but until that I relay on people sending me the messages log. So if you don't know how to retrieve the log then please let me know if the problem persist at the time when webos 2.x + my patches are available for all devices.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    If you are running 2.0.1 and my patches then if you could change the language back to german and try to open the device menu and then send me /var/log/messages file I could fix the problem.
    (...)
    My Pre is running on 2.0.0 so I'm not sure if it makes a lot of sense to get the message log from this. However, I will try to get the log may it be just form my experience... I'll let you know as soon I have them.
    For so long, a many thanks for your quick response and looking into this!!!
  15.    #1075  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre-Rudi View Post
    My Pre is running on 2.0.0 so I'm not sure if it makes a lot of sense to get the message log from this. However, I will try to get the log may it be just form my experience... I'll let you know as soon I have them.
    For so long, a many thanks for your quick response and looking into this!!!
    Ah I see then its not so useful since it might be fixed in 2.0.1 versions. Due to my recent hardware failure I just haven't had time to update the 2.0.0 versions. Hopefully this madness of having so many different versions will end soon.
    Sorry, me again.

I got a problem with Bluetooth and the Mod v1-Menu patch.
    I installed Mode switcher and Mode menu, mod v1 and today menu.

Some days ago I realized that Mode switcher most times did not work with Bluetooth. When activating the "Drive" mode, the start of the Bluetooth took indefinitely long and no connection was possible. Manually switching BT on/off then was not possible anymore. Just, when I restartet the Pre, I could switch on BT and it worked.
    First, I thought I chose some wrong parameter in the MS, but it did not work with any parameters I tried (all other modes work).

Yesterday, the right menu did not react anymore. After I restarted the Pre just Phone Data, GPS and Flashlight were shown. BT can be started manually via the Pre BT-symbol. All other menus are okay.

Have you ever notized any problems with the BT ?
    I thought about re-installation of the mod v1-patch. What do you think ?

BTW: Do I need a special version for the European GSM ?

PS
    I really like those patches. Especially MS is great !!!
    I will surely spent some donation when my issues are solved so that I can use the patches on longterm.
    Last edited by totto214; 01/14/2011 at 01:09 PM.
    Sorry, me again.

Some days ago I realized that Mode switcher most times did not work with Bluetooth. When activating the "Drive" mode, the start of the Bluetooth took indefinitely long and no connection was possible. Manually switching BT on/off then was not possible anymore. Just, when I restartet the Pre, I could switch on BT and it worked.
    First, I thought I chose some wrong parameter in the MS, but it did not work with any parameters I tried (all other modes work).

Yesterday, the right menu did not react anymore. After I restarted the Pre just Phone Data, GPS and Flashlight were shown. BT can be started manually via the Pre BT-symbol. All other menus are okay.

PS
    I will surely spent some donation when my issues are solved so that I can use the patches on longterm.
    The bluetooth issue you are seeing is a known issue and can happen even with no patches installed. I don't remember the exact details off the top of my head, but search through the thread and it is covered many times. Restarting your phone is the only fix to get the bluetooth to clear up so that it works again until it seemingly hangs up down the road.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  18.    #1078  
    Yes the bluetooth or wifi getting stuck happens more often on some devices and very rarely with some and its an WebOS bug that MS brings up. So if it happens often you might want to remove setting bluetooth in your modes for now (I am hopeful that MS 2.x + WebOS 2.x wont have this problem anymore).

About the menu problem, if you mean that the bluetooth item is not shown in the menu anymore then the only way it to happen would be that it has got hidden so toggling its hidden state should fix it (if you were not aware that the items can be hidden / shown then refer for the wiki to see how). If that wont fix it then I am out of ideas that what have caused it.

Sorry, me again.

PS
    Wifi and Bluetooth both are not shown in the menu.

But I have never seen any option for a hidden state of them.
    I havent found it in the manual as well.

Where can I check this ?

Best regards
    totto
  20.    #1080  
    Wifi and Bluetooth both are not shown in the menu.

But I have never seen any option for a hidden state of them.
    I havent found it in the manual as well.

Where can I check this ?

Best regards
    totto
    As I said the wiki (link in the first post) is your friend. It tells all the features of these patches including the editing of the menus (hiding / showing of items).