Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2424748495051525354555657 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1151
Like Tree1Likes
    Upcoming Thread Movement Notification:

This thread (and other threads for applications and patches created by sconix) will shortly be moving to the Enlightened Linux Solutions subforum. This subforum will become the centralized location for all discussions related to sconix' work.

This notice is being posted in each thread that will be moved.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamsys View Post
    I was using the great patch of named pages in launcher before this came out, but I cant get that to uninstall. Here is the log.. Any help would be appreciated!

failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-named-pages-in-the-launcher.prerm 2>&1
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/app-info-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/global-search-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    8 out of 8 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/launcher/dialogs/app-info.html.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/launcher/launcher-scene.html.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/sources.json.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css.rej
    If you are attempting to install the Advanced Configuration for App Launcher (ACAL) patch, you should read the wiki for the Advanced Configuration patches.

The wiki has detailed instructions for getting started with the ACAL patch.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Is the Advanced Launcher (and sconix's system & menu) patch compatible with the app TealSpeed? I've got all 3 of these patches installed and am lookin @ TealSpeed but am concerned they might touch some of the same things.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    Is the Advanced Launcher (and sconix's system & menu) patch compatible with the app TealSpeed? I've got all 3 of these patches installed and am lookin @ TealSpeed but am concerned they might touch some of the same things.

Thanks
    Applications don't mess with any system files, so you should be fine.

Thanks
    If it is just an app, I'd think it be ok.
    I don't know for certain, but the app probably runs in it's own space and wouldn't modify core files like patches do. I suspect that Palm wouldn't let an app in the App Cat if it did either.

Not a 100% certain, but probably will play nicely together.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    I'm mostly concerned because of the way it uses the notification area as a launcher. It just seem "patchesque".
    I'm mostly concerned because of the way it uses the notification area as a launcher. It just seem "patchesque".
    Never heard of the app until I searched for it trying to see what you were referring to. Your right, it appears to do patchesque/patchy stuff, but you should be fine since it still an app.

Good luck!

It would be great if a hotspot toggle were available on the device menu
  9.    #1029  
    Quote Originally Posted by freddysmith View Post
    It would be great if a hotspot toggle were available on the device menu
    It would be need to be separate patch that installs top of this patch since not all have that app installed me included so for me its hard to add support for it.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Hey sconix, I just found this patch in Preware and it is mind-blowingly awesome. I've wanted something that does this for ages and somehow never saw it before. You've got a donation coming your way, go have a beer on me!
    As promised, Sconix has released the international (WORLD) version for his ACSP. Of all his extensive works only System Menu Mods v1 (Device Menu) remains out of non en_us webOs devices but I think for a short time. But now it is time to be grateful for this effort towards international users. It is time to donate to reward his labor.
    Thank you from all over the WORLD.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    so when I try to install system menu initial framework I get an ipkg error

Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 14486 100 14486 0 0 11731 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 26434
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework
    Install
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework
    Installing org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework (1.4.5-33) to root...
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework
    Installing org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework (1.4.5-33) to root...
    Configuring org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework.postinst)
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework.postinst 2>&1
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    9 out of 9 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/347/stylesheets/global-menus.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/persistentWindows.conf.rej
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    48 14486 48 6968 0 0 4928 0 0:00:02 0:00:01 0:00:01 18781
    100 14486 100 14486 0 0 8515 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 22015
    Identify
    Install
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework.postinst)
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework.postinst 2>&1
    Apply anyway? [n]
    9 out of 9 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/347/stylesheets/global-menus.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/persistentWindows.conf.rej
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    100 14486 100 14486 0 0 8894 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 27178
    100 14486 100 14486 0 0 8890 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 27127
    Identify
    Install
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Remove
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.

here is ipkg file and error can you help I really love the today system menu but can't get it to instal
    -- Sent from my Palm Pre
    I do not ever made a suggestion about any patch (except for the WORLD version ) but I'll make one now about the modest of your patches: System Menu Transparent Full Width App Menu.
    Would it be possible to remove the small triangle in the far right?
    When application's app menu to be full width across the top bar this little triangle overlaps the battery indicator and top bar appears a little ugly.
    Thank you.
  14.    #1034  
    Quote Originally Posted by CptOx View Post
    I do not ever made a suggestion about any patch (except for the WORLD version ) but I'll make one now about the modest of your patches: System Menu Transparent Full Width App Menu.
    Would it be possible to remove the small triangle in the far right?
    When application's app menu to be full width across the top bar this little triangle overlaps the battery indicator and top bar appears a little ugly.
    Thank you.
    I have planned to remove it for next versions, but as there is so much stuff in my TODO list it might be that all future features in all my patches/app are halted until WebOS 2.0 is out. My main focus is that everything is ready when 2.0 comes out so I can then start once again push lots of new things specially into MS.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I have planned to remove it for next versions, but as there is so much stuff in my TODO list it might be that all future features in all my patches/app are halted until WebOS 2.0 is out. My main focus is that everything is ready when 2.0 comes out so I can then start once again push lots of new things specially into MS.
    Cool, I'm glad you are planning to remove the arrow in for future versions and that you are gearing up for 2.0. Yay!
    Hi Sconix,

New user (of your patch) first time caller. First, let me say, I love what you've done. Second, I'm hoping you can answer this for me.

In the past, I've tried Jason Robitaille's Data, GPS, and Roam Only On/Off Top Bar patches. While I love the simple elegance of what they do, I have found that, for some odd reason, they cut my battery life in half (or less). I don't understand why a simple toggle patch, that replicates and consolidates existing system functions, would affect battery life, but they did (do) and I stopped using them. I am trying your patch(es) upon the recommendation of another forum member and, again , I love the way you have laid things out.

But, I was wondering what I might expect in terms of changes to battery life. Will I run into the same problems I did before, with the separate patches? Can you explain why I ran into battery life issues before with this sort of patch (no battery polling was occurring)?

Right now, I am also jumping through hoops, adjusting my voltage and trying to find the OC session(s) that lets me get through a day of regular use, on one battery. So, knowing whether or not your solution will affect battery life is really important to me.

Thanks for your time.!
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
  17.    #1037  
    Quote Originally Posted by pelikan3 View Post
    Hi Sconix,

New user (of your patch) first time caller. First, let me say, I love what you've done. Second, I'm hoping you can answer this for me.

In the past, I've tried Jason Robitaille's Data, GPS, and Roam Only On/Off Top Bar patches. While I love the simple elegance of what they do, I have found that, for some odd reason, they cut my battery life in half (or less). I don't understand why a simple toggle patch, that replicates and consolidates existing system functions, would affect battery life, but they did (do) and I stopped using them. I am trying your patch(es) upon the recommendation of another forum member and, again , I love the way you have laid things out.

But, I was wondering what I might expect in terms of changes to battery life. Will I run into the same problems I did before, with the separate patches? Can you explain why I ran into battery life issues before with this sort of patch (no battery polling was occurring)?

Right now, I am also jumping through hoops, adjusting my voltage and trying to find the OC session(s) that lets me get through a day of regular use, on one battery. So, knowing whether or not your solution will affect battery life is really important to me.

Thanks for your time.!
    I think none of the patches in Preware should have any effect on battery life. When they do there is most likely some patches installed that does not play nice together. Other than that I really don't know how any of the patches could have effect on battery life. At least I have used plenty of different patches and never had a problems.

And at least I get easily 16h of use from the battery with OC kernel + other stuff on. And easily until 24h when my battery saver mode in MS kicks in (it disables all connections when battery reaches 10%).
  18.    #1038  
    The 2.0 versions of the system menus patches wont have the dependency anymore for the framework patch. This should make the updating the patches etc. much easier. The framework patch is still needed by the menu patches for correct operation, but the forced dependency in the ipkg file is gone (at least until Preware starts support dependencies in patches). This way all patches can be updated separately without the need to uninstall the menu patches first. Hopefully this makes life easier, but just in case I decided to advertise this already now in the hopes of having less confusion.

So in short, the framework patch needs to be installed manually for the 2.0 version of system menus patches, its no more automatically installed. From that version onwards the framework also comes with gps and silent icons + the airplane mode is now available in mode menu even MS is not installed or no separate airplane mode in MS. Also added future features section in to the wiki so you can follow what I have planned for this patch in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I think none of the patches in Preware should have any effect on battery life. When they do there is most likely some patches installed that does not play nice together. Other than that I really don't know how any of the patches could have effect on battery life. At least I have used plenty of different patches and never had a problems.

And at least I get easily 16h of use from the battery with OC kernel + other stuff on. And easily until 24h when my battery saver mode in MS kicks in (it disables all connections when battery reaches 10%).
    Except for the ones that poll the battery, I would be inclined to agree. Yet, somehow, I encountered that very thing.

My only patches are: Add roam control in Prefs, disable charging alert sound, improved photo naming PRE, Named Pages in Launcher, and Video Camera Flashlight. Do you have any awareness of these causing problems with other patches or with yours specifically? Because they are the only ones I use at this point. I even removed my Iron Man theme to see if that would improve battery life.

ALSO... if I may ask... what speed and voltage settings are you using with OC (and WHICH OC Kernel?) to get 16 hours? What's your usage generally like (i.e., calls, texts, email etc.)

Thanks!
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
    First, check baseline - if I left my Pre on the desk and not touch it for an hour, i consistently lose about 3 to 4% (all radios off except phone and data). Second, how is your signal? - low signal areas drain the battery super quick (keep it on roaming if possible). Third, do you have apps that poll the internet? - IM apps are notorious for this (I see a dramatic difference if I am logged in to any IM vs. logged out). Lastly, use Battery Monitor to see your usage trends and jStop to see what processes are running. Oh, have you tried a NEW battery?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!