Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 414647484950515253545556 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1151
Like Tree1Likes
    Would really like it if you could add to do's from the tasks app, I personally use that, and do not use the calendar app.
  2.    #1002  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    Would really like it if you could add to do's from the tasks app, I personally use that, and do not use the calendar app.
    Good idea, I will look into this.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    my menu font is white, but my phone theme is blue.
    Does anyone know what file I need to look at to change the color of the mode menu to blue?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    my menu font is white, but my phone theme is blue.
    Does anyone know what file I need to look at to change the color of the mode menu to blue?
    Nabril15 I had the same thing happen to me. I can't remember what patch changed but I just created a patch to change it back. When I get back to my computer i can send you the patch. Pm me your email.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I just attempted to install the latest version today & received an error. Any assistance is appreciated. Thank you.

IPKG log:

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences.postinst 2>&1
    2 out of 9 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    go into preware... Go into preferences and turn on "installed is available"

then to available patches...then select screen lock....

check to see if you have any installed..

if so...remove and reinstall "advanced pref" patch
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    ahhhh...i replied to the wrong thread...

sorry...i am doing most of this on the phone and accidentally clicked the wrong thread
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    go into preware... Go into preferences and turn on "installed is available"

then to available patches...then select screen lock....

check to see if you have any installed..

if so...remove and reinstall "advanced pref" patch
    what r u talking abut ???
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Sadly the advanced system patch does not seem GSM compatible... at least it show's the same problems some of the other patches had when i applied it to my gsm pre:

I should add that most or all of those entries are not even clickable... *uninstall*
  10.    #1010  
    Quote Originally Posted by silentguy View Post
    Sadly the advanced system patch does not seem GSM compatible... at least it show's the same problems some of the other patches had when i applied it to my gsm pre:

I should add that most or all of those entries are not even clickable... *uninstall*
    Well I am running GSM Pre so its not the GSM model that makes it uncompatible. Maybe you have some other locale than the default en_us which could cause the problems. The international (WORLD) version of the patch will come when the patch has a "stabilized" a bit which works with other locales as well.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Well I am running GSM Pre so its not the GSM model that makes it uncompatible. Maybe you have some other locale than the default en_us which could cause the problems. The international (WORLD) version of the patch will come when the patch has a "stabilized" a bit which works with other locales as well.
    Thanks for the fast reply... Tried it again, it seems to be a problem with using the "wrong" english... mine was set to en_uk... Kinda weird that THAT would make such a difference, but seeing how I chose the UK by random anyway (I'm in german but prefer english) everything is great now! thanks a lot!
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I'm using spanish language as well, so I don't have any other option but to uninstall this patch

Hope the international version comes soon
    Show must go on...
    I didn't see this in the WIKI, will Advanced Configuration for System Preferences eventually include Show_Call_Duration_in_Call_Log. It seems these 2 patches are not compatible but it would be great if they were. Thank you.
  14.    #1014  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    I didn't see this in the WIKI, will Advanced Configuration for System Preferences eventually include Show_Call_Duration_in_Call_Log. It seems these 2 patches are not compatible but it would be great if they were. Thank you.
    Yes it will be included, I try to add an future features part into the wiki that tells what I am still planning to add. There is couple features in addition to this that I plan to add in addition to adding couple more options to existing settings.

But could someone tell me that what the Call Duration in Call log actually provides? Since I don't have that patch installed and I can see the call duration in call log. Or is it just about being able to disable this behavior, but why? Or have I misunderstood something...
    Well I believe Sprint and some carrier's 'Hide' the Call Duration in Call Log. So 'stock' I can see a call and the time the call was placed, but not the length. With the Call Duration in Call Log patch it gives the option to see the actual length of the calls. So I guess it pretty much unhides the option to view Call Duration or not.
    any update on the Tasks app integration?
  17.    #1017  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    any update on the Tasks app integration?
    Don't expect this to happen very soon. I am currently busy with my latest patch and MS. After those I will get to this patch and see if its possible to integrate the tasks app (I think it is). So maybe after two weeks I might have a new release of this patch.
    The advanced system configuration for system preferences patch, how exactly does it effect the features and options that are already part of webOS that are indicated as part of the patch on the wiki? For example one of my concerns is with wifi networks. I have tons of them that would require visiting each location again to relearn them. Which is not an option. It is far to much work to be expected to do. Can this process be automated for transitioning to the patch? Also save/restore backs up and restores the wifi networks. Does this patch effect this? I'd go into much more detail with this post but then nobody would read it because it would be too long. Basically I'm looking for much more detail than what the wiki page supplies. If you would like I can update the part for the turn screen off after durations to include all of the ones others have requested for those stand alone patches that have been left out of this patch. Also it should have an option for auto speaker phone instant or delayed. I use the instant version because I frequently take the phone away from my ear in a conversation to pull up info on my device and the delay means having to say hold on a sec to the person on the other end defeating the purpose of the auto speaker phone for those like me who do that.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  19.    #1019  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    The advanced system configuration for system preferences patch, how exactly does it effect the features and options that are already part of webOS that are indicated as part of the patch on the wiki? For example one of my concerns is with wifi networks. I have tons of them that would require visiting each location again to relearn them. Which is not an option. It is far to much work to be expected to do. Can this process be automated for transitioning to the patch? Also save/restore backs up and restores the wifi networks. Does this patch effect this? I'd go into much more detail with this post but then nobody would read it because it would be too long. Basically I'm looking for much more detail than what the wiki page supplies. If you would like I can update the part for the turn screen off after durations to include all of the ones others have requested for those stand alone patches that have been left out of this patch. Also it should have an option for auto speaker phone instant or delayed. I use the instant version because I frequently take the phone away from my ear in a conversation to pull up info on my device and the delay means having to say hold on a sec to the person on the other end defeating the purpose of the auto speaker phone for those like me who do that.
    The re-configuring of wifi networks is not necessary its just if you want them to show up on the list even when out of reach when you need to do that. And there is no way around this since in the previously stored networks the required data to show them in the list just isn't stored anywhere. But not re-adding the networks does not cause any problems.

And no this patch does not effect the save/restore of wifi networks, but since currently there is now support for this patch in save/restore you would loose the configuration on doctoring etc. so you at least want to wait re-configuring your networks until there is support for saving the extra config this patch creates.

And it would be nice if there is a compatible patch that adds the huge list for the turn off times. I am not so keen on adding all of the times into this patch since I just think that the need for that exact options comes from peoples head and not from real need, but this is just my opinion. Anyway the nicest thing would be if that widget could support automatically 'custom' option that would then let user set completely custom time. This would avoid having a very long list of option that hinders the usability. Anyway with separate patch adding the times its fine as well.

The proxomity speakerphone thing I will change. There most likely won't be an option for delayed/instant since the way I really think it would be useful and how I want it is like this:

- Instant if the phone is on table (facing up) when the answer is done.
    - Delayed when answered on hand (i.e. not facing up).
    - Instant when its already have been next to your ear once.

So I basically want the delay be there on answer since thats when you usually only need it I guess. At least it annoys me if it goes to speaker even when I am about just to get it to my ear and meant to answer normally.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I was using the great patch of named pages in launcher before this came out, but I cant get that to uninstall. Here is the log.. Any help would be appreciated!

failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-named-pages-in-the-launcher.prerm 2>&1
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/app-info-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/global-search-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    8 out of 8 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/launcher/dialogs/app-info.html.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/launcher/launcher-scene.html.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/sources.json.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css.rej