Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 404546474849505152535455 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1151
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I think all of them are more like set once and forget type of setting so yes. If somebody thinks that for some of the preferences its useful to have quick access then I will of course thought about it.
    I think that it would be awesome to have a quick link to a master preference settings page/app. This way one does not need to think about and figure out where and how to access a paricular set of preference settings. Actually, I was under the impression, obviously incorrectly, that your new 'preferences' app/patch was going to be like a one stop shop for all preference settings.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 09/22/2010 at 12:51 PM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  2.    #982  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I think that it would be awesome to have a quick link to a master preference settings page/app. This way one does not need to think about and figure out where and how to access a paricular set of preference settings. Actually, I was under the impression. obviously incorrectly, that your new 'preferences' app/patch was going to be like a one stop shop for all preference settings.
    This kind of general preferences app should be a separate app not patch anymore. The main idea for this patch is to add few more settings that I think should have been there in the first place. Anyway I am pretty ok with the current "distributed" preferences thing since anyway the setting are only set once. The only thing I might want is a preference app "link" for message/phone/email apps so then the preferences launcher page would give a quick access to all important settings.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    The only thing I might want is a preference app "link" for message/phone/email apps so then the preferences launcher page would give a quick access to all important settings.
    Such a link from one of the Top Bar System Menus would be great too, at the least it would still make it easier and quicker for one to access to a lot of the settings.

See wiki for the changelog.
    Hm. I must have been using a cached copy as well. I see it's there today. Thanks!

Sneak peak to what my next patch holds can be seen here.
    Holy crap! After that all you need to do is invent a time machine, travel back, and convince Palm to ship the phones with all your patches!
    'freddysmith' has made a great suggestion for another addition to 'device menu' in another thread. http://forums.precentral.net/2674042-post77.html
    It would be great if a hotspot toggle were available on the device menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    'freddysmith' has made a great suggestion for another addition to 'device menu' in another thread. http://forums.precentral.net/2674042-post77.html
    The hotspot app most likely (if it doesn't already) would need to support launch parameters so that it could be toggled on or off I suppose. I could be wrong.

Either way, I use a modifier mode in Mode Switcher to control the Mobile Hotspot which I find myself using more and more here at work for testing.

Back to the launch parameters for MHS, it would be cool from the menu or even from within MS (pending MHS had launch parameters) to control the wifi name/security, on/off, etc... for a more automated approach.

I realize this is a non standard thing, but would be cool to have. I am still waiting for launch params for Timepiece so that I can set alarms based on a certain triggers in MS. (One can hope!)

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    What to you mean by where all that is going to be put? Maybe you have cached copy, I just checked and the wiki does have changelog for -69.

EDIT: couple screenshots for upcoming patch, maybe they answer to your question.
    Dang, yudaman!!!

So now another patch that will obsolete several patches. Excellent work sconix!

One question about the contacts preferences: from the screenshot, it looks like you can set ringer and sms alert PER contact, correct?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  8.    #988  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    Dang, yudaman!!!

So now another patch that will obsolete several patches. Excellent work sconix!

One question about the contacts preferences: from the screenshot, it looks like you can set ringer and sms alert PER contact, correct?
    Yes, and I made the per contact configuration to its own scene since I have a feeling that I or the users might come with ideas for other per contact configuration. You can also set the action for phone call to do nothing/auto hangup/direct to voicemail. The current ideas are mainly got from already existing patches, but when I get the first version out then when I get back to this patch I can maybe add some of my own and some of what users suggests. I am still finishing the per IM account notification configuration, once it is ready I will get this patch under testing and then release. So its most likely still week away for public release, but it is getting there.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Anyway to possibly incorporate rss feeds into the today menu?
  10.    #990  
    Quote Originally Posted by alhii303 View Post
    Anyway to possibly incorporate rss feeds into the today menu?
    At least not by me, sorry.
    They are not very different. The 1.4.5 version currently includes couple minor bug fixes that others don't. This is due to my limited time and knowhow how to utilize the WebOS Internals patch system to automatically generate patches for compatible WebOS versions. So I currently only updated 1.4.5 version which I hope soon is available to everyone.
    I finally updated my Pre+ to 1.4.5. I was able to install all the patches for system menus. Everything looks and works great. My only gripe is that I dont see Volume as a menu (shown or hidden).

Is there anyway to get airplane mode as a menu option?

One small nit, next to phone the description is 'AT&T' instead of 'AT&T'
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  12.    #992  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I finally updated my Pre+ to 1.4.5. I was able to install all the patches for system menus. Everything looks and works great. My only gripe is that I dont see Volume as a menu (shown or hidden).

Is there anyway to get airplane mode as a menu option?
    You can control all volumes from the device submenu (see first post for instructions to switch volume control).

Airplane mode control is coming into mode menu patch in next release when I get back to making next versions of these patches.
    You can control all volumes from the device submenu (see first post for instructions to switch volume control).

Airplane mode control is coming into mode menu patch in next release when I get back to making next versions of these patches.
    I see Tapping on the Volume in the device Device submenu toggle between System, Media and Ringtone. I was looking for 3 separate lines.

PS: Love what you did the Launcher app. Being able to shorten the App name is awesome. 2nd donation on its way now.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Sconix,

Can you do a dummy patch for the new preferences patch, so that we will be alerted when it is available? Are you using your testing feed for beta testing as before?

Thanks,

BLiip
  15.    #995  
    Quote Originally Posted by bliip1234 View Post
    Sconix,

Can you do a dummy patch for the new preferences patch, so that we will be alerted when it is available? Are you using your testing feed for beta testing as before?

Thanks,

BLiip
    It should be available within week in Preware. It is already ready and in testing by me and couple other people. If you want to already test it I can five a link to a ipkg, just send me a private message. I have tested that every option works, but it can cause weird behavior so be warned.
    I have the advanced configuration app launcher patch, and it won't let me update it or remove it. I have no other launder patches or dev mode patch. I have tried restarting luna and a full reset, nothing!! I don't know what else to do.
    i think if you installed a theme after you installed the patch , that may be your issue.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I don't have a theme installed. I can't find one that I like. But I DID have a theme, a couple since I first got this patch.
  19.    #999  
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinejr8 View Post
    I don't have a theme installed. I can't find one that I like. But I DID have a theme, a couple since I first got this patch.
    Depending of what is the problem when you are trying to uninstall you either have a patch that is preventing the uninstallation or your themes has touched the same files and left something behind when they were uninstalled. If the error on uninstall tells hunks failed for bar-assistant then it can be some other patch too than app launcher related that is preventing the uninstall since that file is modified by many patches. Anyway look for the wiki (see first post for url) for troubleshooting instructions you may have to use EPR to get everything running smoothly or even EFV utility if the fault has been your themes.
    ok, I will try those. If it desnt work, I'll be back