Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst 123456789101555 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 1151
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by Danload View Post
    i don't understand mode switcher, well i really don't have much use for it.
    I don't mean to be picky, but there is separate thread for MS and this should only be about the patches But yes MS wont make sense for people that use phone only as a phone, but for example I use it as alarm clock and don't want to open the clock app and set silent mode etc. every night by hand so MS fully automates that hence I only need to set the phone down on touchstone and I know that nothing can disturb me during the night and the alarm will wake me up. I also use my phone as music player in car and don't want to connect bluetooth and start music app manually everytime and hence MS automates this too. So at least you should see the use of it even not for yourself
  2. #82  
    Never mind. After a closer reading of this thread I found "gesture" means hold the gesture area.

    Could someone please clue me in to what the "gesture + tap" really is. I think I understand the "tap" on the page name. what is the "gesture". There are many gestures so which is needed here?

    Thanks
    Last edited by Knucklehead; 05/19/2010 at 10:17 PM.
  3. #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by Danload View Post
    i don't understand mode switcher, well i really don't have much use for it.
    thanks for the most helpful post -
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  4. #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I agree that this would be a nice touch, but as I am a bit overwhelmed at the moment with the amount of coding I leave this for my todo later when time list
    I know. Keep up the great work.
  5. #85  
    Can you post some screen shots of what this patch is doing? It sounds very interesting.

    EDIT: Found the screen posts in the middle of this thread. Would be great if you could edit the 1st post and put the pics there.
    Last edited by swieder; 05/20/2010 at 10:31 AM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  6. #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    1) Today Menu 2)Gomez Castle Mode active 3)Named Page Visible /Launch Bar Hidden

    4) App Menu 5)Edit Pages Menu 6)Quick Launch Bar Menu

    7) Jump to Page 8) Edit Name Directly 9) Animated Scrolling in Action (Hard to capture)

    10) Move via Orange -tap-App


    Hope this Helps...
    how do u get the weather in the today menu?
  7. #87  
    i have installed the today menu and in the pics you show the weather in it. How do we get the weather in the today menu. very nice job on the luncher patch. MS rocks
  8. #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by buddytammy View Post
    i have installed the today menu and in the pics you show the weather in it. How do we get the weather in the today menu. very nice job on the luncher patch. MS rocks
    The weather is from Google.
    To get the weather forecast calendar for your city, sign in to Google Calendar on your computer and click Settings to update your weather preferences.
  9. #89  
    I had system menu mode menu installed before webOS 1.4.1. After 1.4.1 I could never reinstall it and Top-Bar-System-Mode-menu also doesnt install.
    Today Menu Patch works in both variations...

    it is always a postinst error:

    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-system-mode-menu.postinst 2>&1

    i removed all other patches affecting top bar before. What does the postinst?
  10. #90  
    Sconix,

    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    ...This version will allow moving (reordering) of pages. Gesture + tap the page header will initiate the moving. Then just use the arrows to move the page around and use the list to select which page to move.
    Just a suggestion for a different way to do this that I think would clear up leaving the gesture+tap for something else... do you think you could make the moving of the pages work like reordering of rows in the ListWidget?

    Another possibility, maybe move the arrows to the header bar that holds the page name.

    I had a problem where after I first moved a page by clicking one of the arrows, the launcher bar was displayed and was in focus above the arrows. I couldn't further move the page at that point. I had to cycle the launcher bar, then get back to the page and gesture+tap again to move, then move the page.

    In your MS thread...
    Originally Posted by buddytammy
    one problem. when you move your pages around in a different order and if you luna boot or the phone restarts the page are in the orginal order. once you change the order are they suppose to stick?
    I came across this too, as well as, the moving of pages mixed up the names of the pages. Just a report of what I came across. I know you will be working on this
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    TODO for this patch: ....- fix the bug that moving of pages might mix up the names of the pages.
    , maybe the sticking of the pages after luna/phone reboot would be similar in nature to the fixes your working on.

    I know your busy and working hard to implement fixes, etc...
    Once payday rolls around, another donation coming your way.
    Keep up the great work on your awesome patches and app!

    Regards!
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by SK64 View Post
    I had system menu mode menu installed before webOS 1.4.1. After 1.4.1 I could never reinstall it and Top-Bar-System-Mode-menu also doesnt install.
    Today Menu Patch works in both variations...

    it is always a postinst error:

    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-system-mode-menu.postinst 2>&1

    i removed all other patches affecting top bar before. What does the postinst?
    The postinst is the actual installation part of the patch, so for some reason the patch is most likely still installed, but the information about the package is not. The EPR tools are made to fix situations like this.
  12.    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by orsapps View Post
    Sconix,



    Just a suggestion for a different way to do this that I think would clear up leaving the gesture+tap for something else... do you think you could make the moving of the pages work like reordering of rows in the ListWidget?

    Another possibility, maybe move the arrows to the header bar that holds the page name.

    I had a problem where after I first moved a page by clicking one of the arrows, the launcher bar was displayed and was in focus above the arrows. I couldn't further move the page at that point. I had to cycle the launcher bar, then get back to the page and gesture+tap again to move, then move the page.

    In your MS thread...

    I came across this too, as well as, the moving of pages mixed up the names of the pages. Just a report of what I came across. I know you will be working on this , maybe the sticking of the pages after luna/phone reboot would be similar in nature to the fixes your working on.

    I know your busy and working hard to implement fixes, etc...
    Once payday rolls around, another donation coming your way.
    Keep up the great work on your awesome patches and app!

    Regards!
    Yes my mini holiday pushed on so I did not have time to finish the moving of pages, but since I tested it and it did not do any damage I decided already to publish it so you can test it and maybe find other problems so when I get back on Sunday I can release a fix release. And also if someone has a better idea how to implement the moving then share it. At least I am pretty ok with the way I did it.

    I also would have liked to have the list ordering style but the Palm submenu widget does not support it so this way it was easier. The moving of arrows on top might be a good idea if its possible (easy). I still need to do bit research, but currently I don't know easier/better way but will test couple things still. If I leave it like this then I would like to have opinion that should the gestrue+tap be for moving or renaming. So which should be initiated from menu. Maybe there is a gesture + hold event etc. that I could use for the other.
  13.    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Can you post some screen shots of what this patch is doing? It sounds very interesting.

    EDIT: Found the screen posts in the middle of this thread. Would be great if you could edit the 1st post and put the pics there.
    As soon as the new releases are ready for prime time I will put new screenshots on the first post. The outlook of the patch is changing a bit due to special handling of weather events etc. so I did not want to put the old screenshots now.
  14. #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    ...And also if someone has a better idea how to implement the moving then share it. At least I am pretty ok with the way I did it.
    Yeah your way is fine too, it was just a thought. Maybe just moving the buttons to the top as part of the header would work too. It seems to interfere with the launcher bar (at least for me anyway.)

    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I also would have liked to have the list ordering style but the Palm submenu widget does not support it so this way it was easier. The moving of arrows on top might be a good idea if its possible (easy). I still need to do bit research, but currently I don't know easier/better way but will test couple things still. If I leave it like this then I would like to have opinion that should the gestrue+tap be for moving or renaming. So which should be initiated from menu. Maybe there is a gesture + hold event etc. that I could use for the other.
    I wasn't aware that the palm submenu widget didn't work that way. That is too bad. More room for webos improvements I guess. I think there is a tap+hold event, not sure on the gesture+hold though. So maybe there could be a gesture + (tap + hold)?

    There are a few apps out there that have buttons/arrows on each side of within the header bar. Can't think of which right now. The mojomatters sample app might have some views of that too...?

    This is not a killer road block or anything for me, just an observation.

    As aways, keep up the great work!
  15.    #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by orsapps View Post
    Yeah your way is fine too, it was just a thought. Maybe just moving the buttons to the top as part of the header would work too. It seems to interfere with the launcher bar (at least for me anyway.)



    I wasn't aware that the palm submenu widget didn't work that way. That is too bad. More room for webos improvements I guess. I think there is a tap+hold event, not sure on the gesture+hold though. So maybe there could be a gesture + (tap + hold)?

    There are a few apps out there that have buttons/arrows on each side of within the header bar. Can't think of which right now. The mojomatters sample app might have some views of that too...?

    This is not a killer road block or anything for me, just an observation.

    As aways, keep up the great work!
    Ah yes I tested with QL enabled and the moving does bring up the QL, but thats just a bug since it seems that I forgot to test with visible QL after I added the page moving animation. So will fix it for next release so I think I keep the arrows down since then the header allows longer text etc.

    And I think so also that there should be the hold event so then I could get all the feature behind gesture / tap / tap and hold. Will have to check when I get back home on Sunday. Will fix the QL / moving bug also on that day.
  16. #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Ah yes I tested with QL enabled and the moving does bring up the QL, but thats just a bug since it seems that I forgot to test with visible QL after I added the page moving animation. So will fix it for next release so I think I keep the arrows down since then the header allows longer text etc.

    And I think so also that there should be the hold event so then I could get all the feature behind gesture / tap / tap and hold. Will have to check when I get back home on Sunday. Will fix the QL / moving bug also on that day.
    If that is the case, then yes, the buttons at the bottom would be just fine.

    If you have not gotten to the cause of the problem where the names of the pages get messed around, I was able to produce the problem readily by
    gesture + tap a page header, move it to another spot. While the list of pages were still displayed, I tapped another page (check mark moved to the one I tapped), I then proceeded to tap the arrow to move that page, resulting in the page name being swapped with the page I attempted to move in it's place.

    Regards!
  17. #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    The postinst is the actual installation part of the patch, so for some reason the patch is most likely still installed, but the information about the package is not. The EPR tools are made to fix situations like this.
    I tried to remove all patches via WebOS Quick Repair Utility. It worked and I could reinstall every patch after that, except Mode Menu...
  18.    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by SK64 View Post
    I tried to remove all patches via WebOS Quick Repair Utility. It worked and I could reinstall every patch after that, except Mode Menu...
    The problem is that mode menu has additional files in addition to patching files and at least not all recovery tools remove these, but you can do it manually. The new AUPT-4 scripts should handle this situation but the current AUPT-3 does not. You can remove the files manually and then the patch should install. Just look instructions from this thread for removing statusmenu-assistant.jsjsjs $file$ $and$ $statusmenu$ $directory$.
  19.    #99  
    New release of app launcher patch. I fixed the moving of pages bugs.

    Will try to release new version of this and today menu patch tomorrow with rest of the features / todo items done.
  20. #100  
    hi sconix. today patch still planned for today?

Posting Permissions