Page 49 of 58 FirstFirst ... 394445464748495051525354 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Don't be so sure I have lots of ideas left for system menus patches. I am just currently busy with getting my new Advanced System Preferences patch out and then I need to give some time to MS and then I am most likely get back to system menus patches.
    I like it when a dev of your calibre says he has lots of ideas!

What's new in 1.45-69 BTW?
  2.    #962  
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    I like it when a dev of your calibre says he has lots of ideas!

What's new in 1.45-69 BTW?
    See wiki for the changelog.

Sneak peak to what my next patch holds can be seen here.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    See wiki for the changelog.

Sneak peak to what my next patch holds can be seen here.
    first off i just read that list and that pretty sweet . but where is all that going to be put ?? also just checked the change log and 1.45-69 does not show only 1.45-67 shows up
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  4.    #964  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    first off i just read that list and that pretty sweet . but where is all that going to be put ?? also just checked the change log and 1.45-69 does not show only 1.45-67 shows up
    What to you mean by where all that is going to be put? Maybe you have cached copy, I just checked and the wiki does have changelog for -69.

EDIT: couple screenshots for upcoming patch, maybe they answer to your question.
    Last edited by sconix; 09/21/2010 at 06:02 PM.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    kool just refreshed and it poped up lol thanks . nothing new i will use . man your going to out do yourself at this pace sconix , and make me donate so more lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  6.    #966  
    kool just refreshed and it poped up lol thanks . nothing new i will use . man your going to out do yourself at this pace sconix , and make me donate so more lol
    Donations are always welcomed its not like too many people donate for the patches even they have taken almost the same time than putting MS together Just updated my previous post with link to screenshots for new patch so maybe it answers your question about it.
    where will those be located ? in the top bar menu on the left or middle or right ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Is there any chance for the promised international version of the system menu patch? Thaaaanks!

wolfi
  9.    #969  
    where will those be located ? in the top bar menu on the left or middle or right ?
    Its separate patch so not connected to top bar menus. The configuration is located in system/phone/msg/email preferences apps.
  10.    #970  
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi View Post
    Is there any chance for the promised international version of the system menu patch? Thaaaanks!

wolfi
    Yes when I get back to system menu patches the international version will come.
    In reference to the 'Device Menus', why is it that there is no option to select Hide/Show
    for the Battery Display Line in the 'Menu Content Settings'? Considering that most of us have the 'Battery' level already displayed in the 'Top Menu', having it in the 'Device Menu' is simply redundant and also adds an extra line thus pushing the 'Flashlight' toggle further down. Would it not make a lot more sense to provide an option to select to Hide/Display the Battery line as per personal preference, just like the other items in the 'Device Menu'.

I also dearly miss the 'Airplane mode' in Device menu. Why couldn't that too have been selectable in the 'Menu Content Settings'?

PS: I don't mean to sound critical, infact I really appreciate this and your other patches.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  12.    #972  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    In reference to the 'Device Menus', why is it that there is no option to select Hide/Show
    for the Battery Display Line in the 'Menu Content Settings'? Considering that most of us have the 'Battery' level already displayed in the 'Top Menu', having it in the 'Device Menu' is simply redundant and also adds an extra line thus pushing the 'Flashlight' toggle further down. Would it not make a lot more sense to provide an option to select to Hide/Display the Battery line as per personal preference, just like the other items in the 'Device Menu'.

I also dearly miss the 'Airplane mode' in Device menu. Why couldn't that too have been selectable in the 'Menu Content Settings'?

PS: I don't mean to sound critical, infact I really appreciate this and your other patches.
    First of all I don't use battery percent patch since it takes too much space and I don't care what my battery level is (and I think nobody should, devices are meant for using not for monitoring how is it doing ) since it always will carry me through the day, MS keeps care of that automatically so I don't need to worry about it. Then second the hiding of the first element is a bit more code than the all the rest of the elements. I am planning to add configurable first row at some point for people that really want to have the battery info in their top bar etc. so don't worry Its just that it needs bit more time to do it so its not the first thing in my TODO list.

Then about the airplane mode, I really don't think it should be in device menu. I plan to add a one second delay mechanism to device menu closing so its possible to disconnect all radios at one menu opening to be able to get the same result than with airplane mode. Of course not the same as airplane mode, and for that reason I plan to add airplane mode to the quick actions of mode menu. So even those that don't use MS could install mode menu and have the airplane menu toggle there.

At least this is my current plan which may of course change if good suggestions are made.
    I really quite love your system of system mode menus: mode switch/today/adv config for app, and device menu.

Any chance you would considering adding a screen brightness slider to the top right dropdown menu? I really miss not having a manual brightness control that is easily accessible.
  14.    #974  
    Quote Originally Posted by luau joe View Post
    I really quite love your system of system mode menus: mode switch/today/adv config for app, and device menu.

Any chance you would considering adding a screen brightness slider to the top right dropdown menu? I really miss not having a manual brightness control that is easily accessible.
    Its already there under device submenu.
    so the new preferences stuff will actually be an app then ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  16.    #976  
    so the new stuff will actually be an app then an
    Well not really it adds the stuff into existing apps, although it adds couple new preferences scenes for the phone app and for contacts. So as with my app launcher patch its almost like an app, but mostly patch.
    so we will have to go to the respective screens within the phone. And there won't be any quick shortcuts to them ? Like maybe in the top bar left menu or something like that ? Maybe ? Lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  18.    #978  
    so we will have to go to the respective screens within the phone. And there won't be any quick shortcuts to them ? Like maybe in the top bar left menu or something like that ? Maybe ? Lol
    I think all of them are more like set once and forget type of setting so yes. If somebody thinks that for some of the preferences its useful to have quick access then I will of course thought about it.
    First of all I don't use battery percent patch since it takes too much space and I don't care what my battery level is (and I think nobody should, devices are meant for using not for monitoring how is it doing ) since it always will carry me through the day, MS keeps care of that automatically so I don't need to worry about it. Then second the hiding of the first element is a bit more code than the all the rest of the elements. I am planning to add configurable first row at some point for people that really want to have the battery info in their top bar etc. so don't worry Its just that it needs bit more time to do it so its not the first thing in my TODO list.
    Obviously this is a totally personal preference thing, which is why I think that the option to hide/show the battery line should be there. I totally agree with you that "devices are there to be used and not for monitoring", but unfortunately I have yet to be able to get 'Mode Switcher' to work for me. I am finding it a little to difficult to understand how to get it working for even a simple thing such as switching of WiFi and GPRS radios when the battery goes down to a certain level. I am sure I will figure it out once I get the time to read up on the wiki help. In any case, I am glad that you do have this on your 'TO DO' list and I shall patiently wait for you to get around to it.

Then about the airplane mode, I really don't think it should be in device menu....
    .... Of course not the same as airplane mode, and for that reason I plan to add airplane mode to the quick actions of mode menu. So even those that don't use MS could install mode menu and have the airplane menu toggle there.
    You are absolutely right that the 'airplane mode' makes far more sense in the 'mode menu' and it should definately have been a "quick action" in the 'mode menu'. This one I will definately be waiting for with much eagerness.

I plan to add a one second delay mechanism to device menu closing so its possible to disconnect all radios at one menu opening to be able to get the same result than with airplane mode.
    Personally I don't like the idea of the delay. Adding a delay would be a huge irritant to the vast majority of user, every time they use the 'device menu'. In any case, I think your plan to add a "quick action" airplane mode in the 'mode menu' is a far better option and once that is added, the delay mechanism in closing the 'device menu' would be totally redundant.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  20.    #980  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Obviously this is a totally personal preference thing, which is why I think that the option to hide/show the battery line should be there. I totally agree with you that "devices are there to be used and not for monitoring", but unfortunately I have yet to be able to get 'Mode Switcher' to work for me. I am finding it a little to difficult to understand how to get it working for even a simple thing such as switching of WiFi and GPRS radios when the battery goes down to a certain level. I am sure I will figure it out once I get the time to read up on the wiki help. In any case, I am glad that you do have this on your 'TO DO' list and I shall patiently wait for you to get around to it.

You are absolutely right that the 'airplane mode' makes far more sense in the 'mode menu' and it should definately have been a "quick action" in the 'mode menu'. This one I will definately be waiting for with much eagerness.

Personally I don't like the idea of the delay. Adding a delay would be a huge irritant to the vast majority of user, every time they use the 'device menu'. In any case, I think your plan to add a "quick action" airplane mode in the 'mode menu' is a far better option and once that is added, the delay mechanism in closing the 'device menu' would be totally redundant.
    I know that MS takes a while to get the idea, but I hope its worth it. The more user friendly UI will come at some point.

And yes the delay thing might not make it and in any case it would not be in every action. Only like in wifi/bt/gps which I am always double checking the menu that did it really change the state since sometimes it take some time for the top var icon to update. So the small delay would let me see the state change in the menu before closing. But still I am not sure if its a good idea just something that I will try.