Page 47 of 58 FirstFirst ... 37424344454647484950515257 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    I am having a problem with Advanced Configuration for App Launcher using 1.4.5.
    First, I was getting the Chunk error and it mentined the USB Passthrough patch, so I uninstalled that. It then installed without error, but the menu that is suppose to show up on the upper left corner did not work at all. Then I uninstalled it and removed the Device Menu Ultramix since some said that was the culpret. Then I installed the System Menus and the Advanced Configuration for App Launcher AGAIN. Still, no menu.
    Please help.
    What else do I have to remove and, if I find out what I have to remove, do I need to uninstall the Advanced Configuration for App Launcher and System Menus first, then re-install them?
    I'm getting a little frustrated. The ONLY App Launcher I have installed is Advanced Configuration for App Launcher.

Please help.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Loving the Advanced Launcher Config patch! One small suggestion: the only thing missing is the option to reset to x page (first, last, etc.). Was still able to install that patch alongside yours, so all is well.

Thanks!
    that option is already available in this patch
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    ok just wondering what's in the newest update if anyone knows , please.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    Loving the Advanced Launcher Config patch! One small suggestion: the only thing missing is the option to reset to x page (first, last, etc.). Was still able to install that patch alongside yours, so all is well.

Thanks!
    That option is there (as Shadavis08 pointed out).
    See the section on the wiki for setting/Un-setting default page.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by rlt7500 View Post
    I am having a problem with Advanced Configuration for App Launcher using 1.4.5.
    First, I was getting the Chunk error and it mentined the USB Passthrough patch, so I uninstalled that. It then installed without error, but the menu that is suppose to show up on the upper left corner did not work at all. Then I uninstalled it and removed the Device Menu Ultramix since some said that was the culpret. Then I installed the System Menus and the Advanced Configuration for App Launcher AGAIN. Still, no menu.
    Please help.
    What else do I have to remove and, if I find out what I have to remove, do I need to uninstall the Advanced Configuration for App Launcher and System Menus first, then re-install them?
    I'm getting a little frustrated. The ONLY App Launcher I have installed is Advanced Configuration for App Launcher.

Please help.
    Well, I'd say do an EPR and then start by installing the framework patch, then the other top bar patches (system menus, etc...), then the adv. conf. for app launcher patch, then any others.

I'd try that first, then if that doesn't work, you can try more forceful things like a good trip to the Doctor.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Must be in certain cases the patches leave left over files. I, like you, forgot to remove Sconix's patches before updating. Had the same issues, EPR worked for me. Doctoring worked for you. So many ways to heal your own device compared to some of the other phone OS out there.

Glad you finally got 1.4.5, the updates to the patches are great. I know you've been waiting along with all the others.
    ya -- the message tone per contact actually stuck and i could not get it off no matter what i tried -- none of the linex utilities worked -- only the doc.. --- no i am up and running and i bought the stupid angry birds thing everyone had to have and i am less then impressed

now these top bar patches -- WOW -- more great work from the guy that i consider --if not the formost webos guy then right up there next to the foremost guy
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    So the quick launch bar comes back even when hidden in app launcher is selected. But it comes back only when you press, hold and select an app. As soon as they app is deselected the quick launch bar goes away.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    i have a att pixi plus 1.4.3 and i cant seem to find the preferences tab.i just watch a youtube vid about this app and in the vid it was above enter edit mode.but for me its not there.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    So the quick launch bar comes back even when hidden in app launcher is selected. But it comes back only when you press, hold and select an app. As soon as they app is deselected the quick launch bar goes away.
    Just tried it and it sure does come back. Now is this a bug or is it by design? Can't think of any benefit from this.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Maybe....... the ability to rearange quicklaunch icons w/o having to unhide then hide again.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    The flash light and data roaming toggle are fixed in next release which I put out soon.

The closing happens due to the fact that device menu was originally done that way that it expects only one action at a time so it closes the menu. It would require a bit more code to enable all actions to leave the menu open so I am a bit reluctant to do that for two reasons. 1) More code for small and rarely (?) needed thing. 2) I use mode switcher to toggle several settings at once and device menu only to toggle one setting at a time so the closing saves a click at least for me. So in short I think device menu is good to keep for quickly toggling one setting.
    Hi Sconix. Amazing patch. As is Advanced config for launcher (love that Glass Effect is compatible!). In fact, I'm gonna donate as soon as post this*.

I'm sorry to bring up something you already kind of addressed, but I really like that LED Flashlight can be accessed without going into the Device sub-menu, but 100% of the time that I use it I wish the menu stayed open so I could turn it off with one tap! I think the menu should close when you turn it off. This doesn't conflict with the second reason you gave in the quote because the LED is kind of different than toggling the radios, but it does still conflict with reason 1. Would it be less code to change just the LED as opposed to changing everything? Again, sorry to revisit this if you consider the matter closed.

Thanks for all your hard work and the support you give!

EDIT: *Apparently you'll receive it in 3-5 business days. Heh.
    Last edited by Psychonaut; 09/16/2010 at 04:29 AM. Reason: add'l info
    Quote Originally Posted by fullmoon280 View Post
    i have a att pixi plus 1.4.3 and i cant seem to find the preferences tab.i just watch a youtube vid about this app and in the vid it was above enter edit mode.but for me its not there.
    don't know much about the pixi -- 1st you should upgrade to 1.4.5
    this will allow you to get the newest version of the patches -- i assume that you are talking about the advanced launcher config patch? if that is the case then the preferences are right in the drop down menu of the 1.4.5 -- all of the other drop downs -- today, mode , you can configure by holding the gesture area and then dropping the menu down
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by fullmoon280 View Post
    You need to be running webOS 1.4.5 to get the latest version of the patch that contains what your looking for.

Since your not on 1.4.5 yet, your best bet before upgrading is to remove this patch and all of the patches from this thread if you're using them. Then do your upgrade, then reinstall these patches.

Check out the wiki pages for other info.

Patch:SystemMenus - WebOS Internals
    Patch:AdvancedConfigurations - WebOS Internals

15.    #935  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Just tried it and it sure does come back. Now is this a bug or is it by design? Can't think of any benefit from this.
    Its there to allow more easy way to re-arrange your quick launch bar even when it set to hidden in app launcher. I could do it configurable if it bothers you, but I know some rearrange QL more often than others.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    ah ok thanks.to bad i cant download 1.4.5 booo
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Its there to allow more easy way to re-arrange your quick launch bar even when it set to hidden in app launcher. I could do it configurable if it bothers you, but I know some rearrange QL more often than others.
    Configurable would be amazing!!! Thats what webOS is about, what users want, I think
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Sorry if this is answer somewhere the 47 pages.
    It will not install for me with the Error Log below.
    I have uninstalled 70+ patches in order to get this to install (one by one by one arrggg) withthe only patch left being the "Enable Verizon aGPS Server for Improved GPS" because that one will neither uninstall not update.
    I have a a VZ Palm Pre Plus running 1.4.5
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    17 32014 17 5520 0 0 9101 0 0:00:03 --:--:-- 0:00:03 13800
    100 32014 100 32014 0 0 23880 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 28255
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/appinfo.json.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chull View Post
    Sorry if this is answer somewhere the 47 pages.
    It will not install for me with the Error Log below.
    I have uninstalled 70+ patches in order to get this to install (one by one by one arrggg) withthe only patch left being the "Enable Verizon aGPS Server for Improved GPS" because that one will neither uninstall not update.
    I have a a VZ Palm Pre Plus running 1.4.5
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    17 32014 17 5520 0 0 9101 0 0:00:03 --:--:-- 0:00:03 13800
    100 32014 100 32014 0 0 23880 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 28255
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/appinfo.json.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Please see the troubleshooting section on the Advanced Configuration for App Launcher wiki page.

Chull, uninstall the "unhide devmode icon" patch.