Page 46 of 58 FirstFirst ... 36414243444546474849505156 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 920 of 1151
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #901  
    Wow ... if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. I'm getting the WebOS Doctor version error from WebOS Repair Utility, so it won't run.

    I guess I'm out of other options. I'll have to doctor tomorrow. No sense in trying it now, since my Pre only has 46% of battery left.
  2. #902  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Seems this issue will come up again with 1.4.5 seemingly arriving on VZW/ATT.... So for the new 1.4.5 users, you should uninstall the System Menus patches and Advanced Configuration for App Launcher patch before updating to 1.4.5, then reinstall them afterwards.

    If you've already taken the plunge and are having issues updating to the 1.4.5 versions, you can try uninstalling/reinstalling them, but your best bet might be to run EPR.
    i do this every time -- i update with the phone intact and i forgot to remove these patches as well as the sms tone per contact patch -- long story short EPR would not restore --- had to do a complete doctor to get back up and running

    been waiting for the 1.4.5 versions of the top bar patches for a long time and all i can say is WOW
    as good as they were before the big and little changes are awsome Sconix has the best thought out well laid out patches ever..
    Thanks for your hard work
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  3. #903  
    AAARGH!

    Okay ... I doctored this morning, and for a while everything seemed to work. Then, it stopped working again.

    Are there any patches that conflict with the System Menu Framework? That's all I can think of right now, as it worked earlier, but as I'm loading patches and applications, it stopped working. I think it's a conflict with the framework rather than the Mode Switcher Menu because, interestingly, the active mode is showing up in the top bar. I just can't swipe down the menu that goes with it. See attached screenshot. Currently, the mode I made for when I'm connected to home Wi-Fi is active.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  4. #904  
    Addendum to previous post (see above). Here's my list of patches:

    4x4 Icons v.3
    Add Bing and Yahoo (Universal Search)
    Add IMDB
    Add Sync Now (to Calendar)
    Battery Icon and Percent
    Change Number of Bookmarks on Startpage
    Device Menu Ultramix
    Enable Add/Delete Pages
    Hide Amazon MP3 App
    Launch Mode Switcher on Luna Boot
    No Arrows or Fade Bar
    No Auto-Answer Upon Touchstone Removal
    Reduce Drag Radius 15px
    System Menu Initial Framework (of course)
    System Menu Mode Menu (also, of course)
    Unhide Dev Mode Icon
    Virtual Keyboard

    I've looked through this very, very long thread and don't see anything in my list that would cause a problem. However, given that the thread is very, very long, it's possible I missed something.
  5. #905  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    i do this every time -- i update with the phone intact and i forgot to remove these patches as well as the sms tone per contact patch -- long story short EPR would not restore --- had to do a complete doctor to get back up and running

    been waiting for the 1.4.5 versions of the top bar patches for a long time and all i can say is WOW
    as good as they were before the big and little changes are awsome Sconix has the best thought out well laid out patches ever..
    Thanks for your hard work
    Must be in certain cases the patches leave left over files. I, like you, forgot to remove Sconix's patches before updating. Had the same issues, EPR worked for me. Doctoring worked for you. So many ways to heal your own device compared to some of the other phone OS out there.

    Glad you finally got 1.4.5, the updates to the patches are great. I know you've been waiting along with all the others.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  6. allonon's Avatar
    Posts
    372 Posts
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    #906  
    Quote Originally Posted by smmullen View Post
    Addendum to previous post (see above). Here's my list of patches:

    4x4 Icons v.3
    Add Bing and Yahoo (Universal Search)
    Add IMDB
    Add Sync Now (to Calendar)
    Battery Icon and Percent
    Change Number of Bookmarks on Startpage
    Device Menu Ultramix
    Enable Add/Delete Pages
    Hide Amazon MP3 App
    Launch Mode Switcher on Luna Boot
    No Arrows or Fade Bar
    No Auto-Answer Upon Touchstone Removal
    Reduce Drag Radius 15px
    System Menu Initial Framework (of course)
    System Menu Mode Menu (also, of course)
    Unhide Dev Mode Icon
    Virtual Keyboard

    I've looked through this very, very long thread and don't see anything in my list that would cause a problem. However, given that the thread is very, very long, it's possible I missed something.
    Just trying to install the framework or the additional modes?
  7. #907  
    Quote Originally Posted by smmullen View Post
    Wow ... if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. ....
    I guess so!

    Quote Originally Posted by smmullen View Post
    AAARGH!

    Okay ... I doctored this morning, and for a while everything seemed to work. Then, it stopped working again.

    Are there any patches that conflict with the System Menu Framework? That's all I can think of right now, as it worked earlier, but as I'm loading patches and applications, it stopped working. I think it's a conflict with the framework rather than the Mode Switcher Menu because, interestingly, the active mode is showing up in the top bar. I just can't swipe down the menu that goes with it. See attached screenshot. Currently, the mode I made for when I'm connected to home Wi-Fi is active.
    Well I am not sure what is going on. Hate to ask the obvious, but you restarted luna after the patch installs...?

    I do recall one time way back when, my top bar seemed unresponsive. I couldn't get the menus to drop down, etc.... even after a hard restart. I believe I did a battery pull for a few minutes and that cleared it up.

    I am just throwing darts blind now, so maybe something will clear it up for you.

    Anyone else care to help diagnose/fix?

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  8. #908  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Well I am not sure what is going on. Hate to ask the obvious, but you restarted luna after the patch installs...?

    I do recall one time way back when, my top bar seemed unresponsive. I couldn't get the menus to drop down, etc.... even after a hard restart. I believe I did a battery pull for a few minutes and that cleared it up.

    I am just throwing darts blind now, so maybe something will clear it up for you.

    Anyone else care to help diagnose/fix?
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'll do the battery pull. If that doesn't work I'll do the EPR and install ONLY the framework and mode menu, and see if it works then. If it works then, I just need to figure out which patch is causing the trouble.

    PS - Yup ... been doing my Luna Restarts
  9. #909  
    Quote Originally Posted by smmullen View Post
    Addendum to previous post (see above). Here's my list of patches:

    ......
    Battery Icon and Percent
    Device Menu Ultramix
    .....
    These are top menu patches. Try removing them temporarily and see if that helps.

    Side note: You should really check out the System Menu Mods v1 patch by Sconix. IMHO, is much better and offers more control than the Device Menu Ultramix your using now. Just a friendly suggestion.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  10. #910  
    Quote Originally Posted by smmullen View Post
    PS - Yup ... been doing my Luna Restarts


    Sometimes you just have to ask.

    See my other post about the two top bar patches you have installed. The System Menu Mods v1 patch is by Sconix. Since that's the case, the System Menu Initial Framework patch won't conflict with it. Not sure if the other device menu patch your using does, but might be.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  11. #911  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    These are top menu patches. Try removing them temporarily and see if that helps.

    Side note: You should really check out the System Menu Mods v1 patch by Sconix. IMHO, is much better and offers more control than the Device Menu Ultramix your using now. Just a friendly suggestion.
    BINGO! It was the Device Menu Ultramix patch. Thank you SO much ... I really appreciate your help. I'll try Sconix's patch as a replacement.

    EDIT: Stand by ... actually, it was ONE of those patches. Forgot I removed both at the same time. Putting them back on one-by-one now to see which one it actually was.
  12. #912  
    Quote Originally Posted by smmullen View Post
    BINGO! It was the Device Menu Ultramix patch. Thank you SO much ... I really appreciate your help. I'll try Sconix's patch as a replacement.

    EDIT: Stand by ... actually, it was ONE of those patches. Forgot I removed both at the same time. Putting them back on one-by-one now to see which one it actually was.
    Confirmed -- it WAS the Ultramix patch.

    Again, thank you so much for your help!
  13. #913  
    Quote Originally Posted by smmullen View Post
    Confirmed -- it WAS the Ultramix patch.

    Again, thank you so much for your help!
    Thank you for being patient and trying out the suggestions.
    Glad your back in business!

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  14. #914  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Glad your back in business!
    Me too. Now I just have to figure out which app I'm missing. Something didn't reinstall after my doctor, and I can't for the life of me figure out what.
  15. #915  
    lol I've had these patches installed for a couple weeks now. And just today I realized I could gesture tap to configure each menu. Awesome stuff, thanks sconix.
  16. #916  
    After upgrading to WebOS 1.4.5 with my AT&T pre plus, Advanced Configuration for App Launcher will not update or allow me to delete it to try and reinstall. I have deleted every patch and anything having to do with the launcher, so not understanding why the update and removal both fail. I get this on IPKG Log:

    Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.prerm 2>&1
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

    Can anyone point me in the right direction to resolve this? Sorry if I have the wrong thread for a question on this tool.
    Last edited by mplese; 09/15/2010 at 02:51 PM. Reason: added clarity
  17. #917  
    Quote Originally Posted by mplese View Post
    After upgrading to WebOS 1.4.5 with my AT&T pre plus, this application will not update or allow me to delete it to try and reinstall. I have deleted every patch and anything having to do with the launcher, so not understanding why the update and removal both fail. I get this on IPKG Log:

    Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.prerm 2>&1
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

    Can anyone point me in the right direction to resolve this?
    You have a patch installed that the Advanced Configuration for App Launcher patch conflicts with. Remove all Launcher patches, hide/show app patches, and grid patches (4x4, 5x5, etc...)

    If that don't work, you can try to run EPR, then install the patches. If that don't work, you could use the WebOS Repair Utility to restore the bar-assistant file that is having the issue. If that don't work, there is always the Doctor.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  18. #918  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    lol I've had these patches installed for a couple weeks now. And just today I realized I could gesture tap to configure each menu. Awesome stuff, thanks sconix.
    @Nightburn & @everyone else

    Check out the new wiki pages for the System Menu and Advanced Configuration for App Launcher patches.

    They contain a section on usage that should explain I hope all settings/options. If there is something missing, please let me know so that I can correct/edit/add it.
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 09/15/2010 at 03:23 PM.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  19. #919  
    Oakridge- since I am SO SO new to all of this, I looked up what EPR means, found it and installed it. Now going back and reinstalling the Advanced Configuration for App Launcher seemingly perfectly. Thanks for the info on the fix!
  20. #920  
    Quote Originally Posted by mplese View Post
    Oakridge- since I am SO SO new to all of this, I looked up what EPR means, found it and installed it. Now going back and reinstalling the Advanced Configuration for App Launcher seemingly perfectly. Thanks for the info on the fix!
    Your welcome. Welcome to the fold.
    Sorry that I didn't explain/spell EPR out.
    Glad you found it and that it appears to be working.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie

Posting Permissions