Page 44 of 58 FirstFirst ... 34394041424344454647484954 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    sconix, the customizable grid spacing for the final launcher patch was a masterstroke! Not only did it automagically come up just the way I wanted it after the update, it lets me play around with alternate configurations to my heart's content. This rounds off this most capable patch nicely, and heads off a lot of possible patch-on-a-patch solutions with a neat slider right there in preferences. Nicely done!
  2.    #862  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    There are recent previous versions of the patches for 1.4.1. The alternative is to use all the individual patches that one or more of these patches supersede until ATT gets 1.4.5 out to it's customers. Hopefully future updates will not be delayed by the carriers as long as they did this time around. You can if you so choose to attempt to install one or more by manually downloading them from the feed URL and applying. No guarantee it will work. Depends on if the code is the same or similar enough between versions. In the event it will apply, keep in mind patches that are superseded need to be removed prior to applying, then it would be confirmation of backwards compatible and it can be flagged as compatible.

I know what you mean. When I was tweaking 5x4 to get the 5x5(5x6) patch I change things one pixel at a time for at least a day and still wasn't quite happy with the icon name formatting. I think if 2 to 4 px are removed from the top side of the icons perhaps in combination with the top page margin it will get that 6th row's icon's names in view. I can look into doing this tomorrow. I am going to our summer home for the holiday weekend I'll be taking my netbook and my flash drive with me to work on coding stuff. A few of us noticed that the center for the drag radius was near the bottom I never could figure out why it was like that.
    Yeah the 5x6 could be made to fit a bit better, but the current code is so clean that I would not like to add separate code for this special situation and since now the 5x6 fits at least when not using page markers I am happy. For next iteration I of this patch I might to small changes to this, but thats for next WebOS then.

The drag center is where it should, but since the droppable css rules were not resized as well to fit new icon size they went over the next line too hence preventing dragging by grabbing the top part of the icon (so it did work just fine for first row, but not others).
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Oh my I just realized you put in the spacing slider. It matches the vertical spacing perfectly. I slid it down to zero and I now have 5x6 with quick launch hidden. I'm adding you to my donate list more that once.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    sconix I have a question. I placed my phone in airplane mode. I then tried to turn on wifi by pressing on the wifi in the advance device menu but it wouldn't show any action (I tried all options, phone, data,). I had to turn off airplane mode and then go back to the device menu and turn on wifi. Is there a way that the selections in the advanced menu patch can be selected regardless at all times? I know without the patch you can go into airplane mode and then open the device menu and select wifi so I just assumed the same function would be available with this patch. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I noticed this a couple of days ago but hadn't taken time to test it more thoroughly and post a similar request. I'd also find it useful to be able to turn specfic radios on via the device menu.

Thanks,
    dj
  6.    #866  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    sconix I have a question. I placed my phone in airplane mode. I then tried to turn on wifi by pressing on the wifi in the advance device menu but it wouldn't show any action (I tried all options, phone, data,). I had to turn off airplane mode and then go back to the device menu and turn on wifi. Is there a way that the selections in the advanced menu patch can be selected regardless at all times? I know without the patch you can go into airplane mode and then open the device menu and select wifi so I just assumed the same function would be available with this patch. Thanks!
    Well the airplane mode blocking radio control is "leftover" from palm code. I am thinking of removing it for next version of patch if it wont cause any trouble. The airplane / wifi / bt control is anyway the only buggy part in WebOS that I have bumped into. And I hope the next WebOS release would make it better. So I have been bit hecident to remove the block for now, but most likely will at some point.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Help!!
    can't install the advanced app launcher patch. It worked pretty good before the recent update. I reinstall v1.4.5 rom and problem's still there.
    Here is the IPKG log:
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 29192 100 29192 0 0 29818 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 38922
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":3, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.postinst 2>&1
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/appinfo.json.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
  8.    #868  
    Quote Originally Posted by gabrielknight View Post
    Help!!
    can't install the advanced app launcher patch. It worked pretty good before the recent update. I reinstall v1.4.5 rom and problem's still there.
    Here is the IPKG log:
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 29192 100 29192 0 0 29818 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 38922
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":3, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.postinst 2>&1
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/appinfo.json.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Just uninstall the unhide firstuse app patch. Its included...
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Just uninstall the unhide firstuse app patch. Its included...
    sorry I just reinstalled my rom. so I don't have such patch installed. should I install it in the firstplc and then uninstall it?
  10.    #870  
    Quote Originally Posted by gabrielknight View Post
    sorry I just reinstalled my rom. so I don't have such patch installed. should I install it in the firstplc and then uninstall it?
    Ah.. then you have used meta-doctor for the WebOS Doctor I guess and enabled first use app there. And thats why the file is already modified. Well in any case you can just restore that file (/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/appinfo.json) with webos recovery utility for example. And then the patch will install just fine.
    Thnx a lot to Sconix. I really love this patch. with all ur detailed instruction I should make it work again.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    You need to use notepad or editpadlite to modify the patch. I believe Word puts extra characters into the file and probably why you didn't notice a change. You could open the patch in Internalz and modify the text.

Hello mamouton. I attempted to edit this version of the patch, as well as the original blue-violet version, to change the color to orange, in Internalz. The Blue-Violet one will install just fine from there, but when I edit the color to "orange" in either iteration it will not install. All I am changing is "blue-violet" to "orange" or "yellow" to "orange". Any suggestions? TIA.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Hello mamouton. I attempted to edit this version of the patch, as well as the original blue-violet version, to change the color to orange, in Internalz. The Blue-Violet one will install just fine from there, but when I edit the color to "orange" in either iteration it will not install. All I am changing is "blue-violet" to "orange" or "yellow" to "orange". Any suggestions? TIA.
    Try using the hexcode as opposed to the actual color.

ie. color: #ffa500;

Web colors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Try using the hexcode as opposed to the actual color.

ie. color: #ffa500;

Web colors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    That worked!!!! Thank you very, very much! Would you be willing to pm me to tell me where to find the coding to change the color of the icon titles? Now that I know what to do, I need to know where to do it.

On a separate note: Apologies for derailing the thread. Sconix: MS and the App Launcher patch have hugely enhanced my enjoyment of my Pre. Not that I didn't already enjoy it, just this makes it so much more fun and cooler!!! Thank you. Donation coming Tues.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Basil View Post
    Lmao! Sorry. I wasn't even thinking about that app. It wasn't in the launcher section of the apps so I didn't even think. Thanks. I guess running the EPR wasn't necessary.. Oh well... I'm glad we have Saved Package Lists. haha. Thanks again.

Pls advise how to remove this unhide usb passthrough app patch? Nowhere to find in preware. Sorry I don't do putty stuff, just WQI. Many thanks.
  16.    #876  
    Quote Originally Posted by elizaland View Post
    Pls advise how to remove this unhide usb passthrough app patch? Nowhere to find in preware. Sorry I don't do putty stuff, just WQI. Many thanks.
    If you mean that you have the patch installed but it is not showing in Preware installed list then your best bet is to run EPR to undo all patches and then use the saved package list to install everything back.
    That worked!!!! Thank you very, very much! Would you be willing to pm me to tell me where to find the coding to change the color of the icon titles? Now that I know what to do, I need to know where to do it.

On a separate note: Apologies for derailing the thread. Sconix: MS and the App Launcher patch have hugely enhanced my enjoyment of my Pre. Not that I didn't already enjoy it, just this makes it so much more fun and cooler!!! Thank you. Donation coming Tues.
    Thy this
    Attached Files Attached Files

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Thy this
    Thank you, yet again 2sslow. Now I have orange-red labels for all my apps in my launcher. Looks great (to me). Also, thank you again, sconix for being such an amazing and responsive dev.

Donations coming.

Thank you, yet again 2sslow. Now I have orange-red labels for all my apps in my launcher. Looks great (to me). Also, thank you again, sconix for being such an amazing and responsive dev.

Donations coming.
    Glad I could help.

Follow the link below.

Hello all! So I just started using this patch today and I do have to say SCONIX you have once again out done yourself great work!

I do have one thing that I am not sure about. When I drop the menu down WiFi seems to be always working, the little circle is spinning everytime I drop the menu down weather the WiFi is on or off and I do not want it to be a drain on the battery. Is this normal?
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!