Page 43 of 58 FirstFirst ... 33383940414243444546474853 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 860 of 1151
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #841  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    For the device menu.

    would be good if there is option to remove the battery row,
    add in a brightness row.
    restore airplane mode.
    The removing of the info row is most likely coming on some version. The brightness can be already accessed and don't see a need to have it out of the drawer. Neither is the airplane coming since I think it is used that rarely and most of the usage times can be replaced with Mode Switcher/Mode menu. And if those are not wanted then there still is the power off menu for airplane mode.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  2. #842  
    how about to make brightness available with standalone? without the other device options?
    most of jason's patches uses brightness like that and works very well and simple.
  3. #843  
    mode switcher menu used to have airplane mode. now it's no longer there? i thought it was great.

    (i am with pixi so not using modeswitcher so can't addd in airplane mode manuelly)
  4.    #844  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    mode switcher menu used to have airplane mode. now it's no longer there? i thought it was great.

    (i am with pixi so not using modeswitcher so can't addd in airplane mode manuelly)
    Isn't MS working for you on Pixi? The only downside is the dashboard. I am trying to change the code so that manual mode usage on Pixi would be possible without the dashboard. Since it is only needed for triggers. The 1.0.8 release should allow the manual usage without dashboard.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  5. #845  
    these patches that sconix has done are excellent as is
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  6.    #846  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    how about to make brightness available with standalone? without the other device options?
    most of jason's patches uses brightness like that and works very well and simple.
    I haven't yet decided what next iteration of these patches will bring. But I don't see so much usage for brightness slider since I use modes for setting temporary brightness (i.e. outside mode). Will have to see if I could allow more precise control how the device menu is shown in the next version.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  7. #847  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Isn't MS working for you on Pixi? The only downside is the dashboard. I am trying to change the code so that manual mode usage on Pixi would be possible without the dashboard. Since it is only needed for triggers. The 1.0.8 release should allow the manual usage without dashboard.
    Yeah dashboard makes MS on pixi unusable.
  8. ospreyguy's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    #848  
    Every time I reboot (Luna or full) I get this stuck menu drop down. It will sit there until I swipe down and get the brightness line to appear then I have to open the launcher to make it close.

    In addition I have the Launch Mode Switcher After LUNA Reboot patch which doesn't launch MS... but I think this error that keeps happening is what's stopping it from launching.

    I just did an EPR (again) and had no effect.

    What's going on here? How can I fix this because I LOVE the patch and what it does...

  9. #849  
    sconix, I love the launcher app very much, still wading into the mode switcher app - a little intimidating, but I keep having ideas of what I want to do with it, so I think its just a matter of time...!

    A feature suggestion for the launcher app, if you are interested...

    Now that we have compcach I keep lots of apps open, and I'd like it to be quicker to switch between them, and I thought of two launcher approaches to do that...

    Idea 1) Not entirely sure this is launcher, but I would be nice if the default 'background' condition could be the 'super minimized' state, so that if I swipe up on an active card or if I press the button on the gesture area, the app goes all the way to super-minimized by default for easier/quicker browsing of open apps.

    Idea 2) Definitely a launcher modification - what if the default launcher page was icons of all the open apps? Two ways to implement this, one would be an actual launcher page that gets dynamically configured and exists right next to all other launcher pages. The other way that I thought to configure this would be to have the first swipe up display the icons of the open apps, and the second swipe up display the standard launcher pages, and then the third swipe up close the standard launcher pages.

    Anyway, once there was that launcher page of open apps, you could just touch the icon of choice without all the side swiping...

    Thanks again for a great, consolidated patch. The dependencies in patches is getting kind of hairy...
  10.    #850  
    Quote Originally Posted by ospreyguy View Post
    Every time I reboot (Luna or full) I get this stuck menu drop down. It will sit there until I swipe down and get the brightness line to appear then I have to open the launcher to make it close.

    In addition I have the Launch Mode Switcher After LUNA Reboot patch which doesn't launch MS... but I think this error that keeps happening is what's stopping it from launching.

    I just did an EPR (again) and had no effect.

    What's going on here? How can I fix this because I LOVE the patch and what it does...

    Are you using some localization? The patches only work on english (us) locale. Localized versions are on the works though.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  11.    #851  
    Quote Originally Posted by notcalvin View Post
    sconix, I love the launcher app very much, still wading into the mode switcher app - a little intimidating, but I keep having ideas of what I want to do with it, so I think its just a matter of time...!

    A feature suggestion for the launcher app, if you are interested...

    Now that we have compcach I keep lots of apps open, and I'd like it to be quicker to switch between them, and I thought of two launcher approaches to do that...

    Idea 1) Not entirely sure this is launcher, but I would be nice if the default 'background' condition could be the 'super minimized' state, so that if I swipe up on an active card or if I press the button on the gesture area, the app goes all the way to super-minimized by default for easier/quicker browsing of open apps.

    Idea 2) Definitely a launcher modification - what if the default launcher page was icons of all the open apps? Two ways to implement this, one would be an actual launcher page that gets dynamically configured and exists right next to all other launcher pages. The other way that I thought to configure this would be to have the first swipe up display the icons of the open apps, and the second swipe up display the standard launcher pages, and then the third swipe up close the standard launcher pages.

    Anyway, once there was that launcher page of open apps, you could just touch the icon of choice without all the side swiping...

    Thanks again for a great, consolidated patch. The dependencies in patches is getting kind of hairy...
    1) Not sure if possible, but at least not job for this patch.

    2) Nice idea, unfortunately to implement this in a reasonable manner WebOS does not offer tools for this. I am hoping that 2.0 would allow since I need the same missing support for MS app trigger. I'll definitely keep this behind my ear if it comes a possibility.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  12. ospreyguy's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    #852  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Are you using some localization? The patches only work on english (us) locale. Localized versions are on the works though.
    Nope, standard Sprint Pre in the US...
  13.    #853  
    Quote Originally Posted by ospreyguy View Post
    Nope, standard Sprint Pre in the US...
    Then some other patch etc. has to have changed the menu html file somehow.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  14. djbolden's Avatar
    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    #854  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbolden View Post
    OK - this is probably a dumb question...

    I've spent the last hour trying to figure out why I can't see the latest version of Advanced Configuration for App Launcher patch in Preware. I can only see 1.4.1-31. Are the later versions for WebOS 1.4.5 only?

    Thanks,
    dj
    Finally found my own answer - YES, the latest version requires 1.4.5. Come on Verizon!
  15. ospreyguy's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    #855  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Then some other patch etc. has to have changed the menu html file somehow.
    Finally figured it out... I still had the device menu mega mix installed. Funny I would have thought that would create an IPK error... Anyway, all set.
  16. #856  
    I just updated to 1.4.5-59 version of advanced configuration for app launcher patch. And it is looking much closer to 5x6 when quick launch is hidden. In fact the title positioning looks better than what I had in the 5x5 patch.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  17.    #857  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I just updated to 1.4.5-59 version of advanced configuration for app launcher patch. And it is looking much closer to 5x6 when quick launch is hidden. In fact the title positioning looks better than what I had in the 5x5 patch.
    It better be I spend whole day tweaking those The patch also fixes couple short comings that those other 4x4 / 5x5 etc. patches had, like the dragging problem. Which I happened to notice by accident. Previously I blamed luna etc. since did not notice that it was caused by the 4x4 patch that I was using.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  18. #858  
    Having a ATT Pre w/ 1.42, I'm understanding the 1.45 version will not work on my Pre. Am I completely out of luck using this Mode/Device Menu patch with the MS app? Any time frame to useability?

    Thanks.
  19. #859  
    Quote Originally Posted by jim_buchanan View Post
    Having a ATT Pre w/ 1.42, I'm understanding the 1.45 version will not work on my Pre. Am I completely out of luck using this Mode/Device Menu patch with the MS app? Any time frame to useability?
    I'd say that's a question for AT&T ...

    Backporting significant patches like these is not something that can just be done quickly - it would take significant time to do (which would be time not spent on new features or fixing bugs).

    Of course, if someone was to send Sconix $1K I suspect he'd consider it

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  20. #860  
    There are recent previous versions of the patches for 1.4.1. The alternative is to use all the individual patches that one or more of these patches supersede until ATT gets 1.4.5 out to it's customers. Hopefully future updates will not be delayed by the carriers as long as they did this time around. You can if you so choose to attempt to install one or more by manually downloading them from the feed URL and applying. No guarantee it will work. Depends on if the code is the same or similar enough between versions. In the event it will apply, keep in mind patches that are superseded need to be removed prior to applying, then it would be confirmation of backwards compatible and it can be flagged as compatible.

    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    It better be I spend whole day tweaking those The patch also fixes couple short comings that those other 4x4 / 5x5 etc. patches had, like the dragging problem. Which I happened to notice by accident. Previously I blamed luna etc. since did not notice that it was caused by the 4x4 patch that I was using.
    I know what you mean. When I was tweaking 5x4 to get the 5x5(5x6) patch I change things one pixel at a time for at least a day and still wasn't quite happy with the icon name formatting. I think if 2 to 4 px are removed from the top side of the icons perhaps in combination with the top page margin it will get that 6th row's icon's names in view. I can look into doing this tomorrow. I am going to our summer home for the holiday weekend I'll be taking my netbook and my flash drive with me to work on coding stuff. A few of us noticed that the center for the drag radius was near the bottom I never could figure out why it was like that.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.

Posting Permissions