Page 42 of 58 FirstFirst ... 32373839404142434445464752 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Didn't realize sconix had this patch to make the others obsolete; just uninstalled a less comprehensive one and installed this--cool!

Much thanks to y'all for cluing me in on it and, of course, to sconix!
    Quote Originally Posted by sfriedlake View Post
    Thanks for these great patches! I can't find a "roam only" option in the menu. If its not there could you add that? Its very helpful for when I'm on vacation and am not getting a solid Sprint signal.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    That doesnt give you the option to ROAM "ONLY"It only lets you enable roaming not force it.
    you gesture+tap to get 'forced roaming'... It is there
  3.    #823  
    Quote Originally Posted by swingracex View Post
    any plans to add brightness control in the device menu?
    Its already there.

EDIT: as it was actually already said..
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    I love all the new changes in the update for Advanced Configuration for App Launcher patch but I have one suggestion for change.

The gesture tap screen that comes up: I don't like the arrangement of the buttons.

Right now it's listed as:

1) Delete
    2) Rename
    3) Hide
    4) Move

And the default is 1) Delete

I would prefer it to be:

1) Move (default)
    2) Rename
    3) Hide
    4) Delete

I'm asking for this because 99% of the time, I am moving an app. I usually don't delete, and since rename is very new I'm not sure at this point how often I would use this.

And because if the notification bar pops up, sometimes the 'move' button gets blocked from view.

Does anyone else agree with making this small adjustment?

Is it possible to make the change on my own if its not accepted as a change?

Also, is it time again for me to request adding option in the edit mode to change the color / style of the text for the app icon names, and the text title for the pages.

I would like to colorize the title page text and also the app name icon text.

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    this app is a good one and eliminates several others! I like it!
    one problem,when I put apps on assigned pages then restart my pre all the apps go back to where they were before I restarted it? Ne ideas?
  6.    #826  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pup16001 View Post
    this app is a good one and eliminates several others! I like it!
    one problem,when I put apps on assigned pages then restart my pre all the apps go back to where they were before I restarted it? Ne ideas?
    Usually this is a sign of damaged database file. At least some have experienced this when shutting down pre forcefully. Don't know if there is any easy fix for the damaged database. I have experienced it once myself and ended up to do full doctor session. First you may want to try reset configuration etc.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Hello, sconix I am wondering if it is possible for you to make it an option to make the apps font smaller and keep the larger app icon? All the work you do is awesome and thanks for all the cool stuff you have done to make my phone way better. If this has already been talked about sorry for the wasted space :0)
  8.    #828  
    Quote Originally Posted by balkeee View Post
    Hello, sconix I am wondering if it is possible for you to make it an option to make the apps font smaller and keep the larger app icon? All the work you do is awesome and thanks for all the cool stuff you have done to make my phone way better. If this has already been talked about sorry for the wasted space :0)
    Of course anything would be possible, but I don't want to over complicate things in the patch. And this is one thing that would do that. The current system is still rather simple and I like simple since they usually work. And now when the icon/grid sizing is rather simple and in one place it is easily altered by other patches if somebody wants to do so. But adding special handling of separate text sizes etc. would spread the layout code too much to my liking.
    I understand. Thanks for the reply.
    Does this patch now work with 1.4.2 on a Pre+?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  11.    #831  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Does this patch now work with 1.4.2 on a Pre+?
    Nope only 1.4.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    If you open the patch you will see where you need to change the text to the color you want.

So I installed the system mode menu patch via preware and then applied the patch I posted below. Got rid of lagginess with trying to launch.
    How would I go about changing the color? I originally opened the patch after downloading it, (it opened with MS Word) found where it said blue violet and changed it to yellow, saved it and sent it to my phone, however once installed it still opened up as blue violet.

Did I do something wrong here?
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

did you save the changes? did you luna restart? patches need to be edited w/ notepad ( right click/open with/ notepad)
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Cool beans. I made the list before I reboot after removing all of the patches that I had that were no longer needed. Only one thing though. With my 5x5 patch I reduced the padding between rows of icons and widened the space for the names so that with the quick launch hidden you get 5x6 icons on the screen. And the widened name space nearly eliminated long app names going to three lines. There was 1px space between the icons name space. If I recall correctly the padding between rows wasted a total of 25 or 30px vertical screen real estate.
    Not sure if my post got overlooked or not since there was no reply to it unless I missed it reading the post since then. But since this patch is replacing all the launcher patches into a nicely designed UI menu and prefs system I'd like it to reflect the design of the 5x5 patch. I just need to know if I need to help in making the modification to the patch to adjust the elements I described. This could be handled either by another setting option or through the large grid small icon choices I'm guessing. Without looking at the patch code changes that is. Let me know if you want me to investigate making those changes or if you are working on the change.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    How would I go about changing the color? I originally opened the patch after downloading it, (it opened with MS Word) found where it said blue violet and changed it to yellow, saved it and sent it to my phone, however once installed it still opened up as blue violet.

Did I do something wrong here?
    You need to use notepad or editpadlite to modify the patch. I believe Word puts extra characters into the file and probably why you didn't notice a change. You could open the patch in Internalz and modify the text.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mamouton; 08/30/2010 at 09:44 PM.
  16.    #836  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Not sure if my post got overlooked or not since there was no reply to it unless I missed it reading the post since then. But since this patch is replacing all the launcher patches into a nicely designed UI menu and prefs system I'd like it to reflect the design of the 5x5 patch. I just need to know if I need to help in making the modification to the patch to adjust the elements I described. This could be handled either by another setting option or through the large grid small icon choices I'm guessing. Without looking at the patch code changes that is. Let me know if you want me to investigate making those changes or if you are working on the change.
    There will be one more update from me during this week that fixes the title widths a bit, but not much and also have different grid spacing when QL is shown. After that I don't plan on changing the spacing. It wont be as tight as with your patch I guess since I want mine patch to work in every situation. For example even when the closest icons happen to have the maximum width title I want there to be a bit larger spacing than just one pixel so that the titles can be separated. I know that for most of the cases the spacing could be even 0 since its rare that long names are next to each other etc. But I really want "general" spacing so it looks fine in every situation.

So I guess there still will be patches that modify the spacing to be just optimal, but its always possible to make the patch dependent on my patch and to modify the values of my patch or what I hope more is that the patch would just add option to the configuration and provide values for that (i.e. 'tight large' setting). So I try to get the last version of this patch out soon so those who like to patch it for their own spacing can do so and those patches should not brake with later releases since I plan to stick to the spacing I end up with the next release.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    ...and also have different grid spacing when QL is shown. After that I don't plan on changing the spacing.
    Thank you for doing this. This amalgamated patch is a thing of beauty, but the one thing I missed was the icon spacing from 4x4 v5, which lined up nicely above the QuickLaunch bar.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    OK - this is probably a dumb question...

I've spent the last hour trying to figure out why I can't see the latest version of Advanced Configuration for App Launcher patch in Preware. I can only see 1.4.1-31. Are the later versions for WebOS 1.4.5 only?

Thanks,
    dj
    Last edited by dbolden; 08/31/2010 at 10:00 PM.
    For example even when the closest icons happen to have the maximum width title I want there to be a bit larger spacing than just one pixel so that the titles can be separated. I know that for most of the cases the spacing could be even 0 since its rare that long names are next to each other etc. But I really want "general" spacing so it looks fine in every situation.
    This was more or less something I was going to work on with the 5x5 patch. The last version I did was not 100% to my liking but I hadn't had any time to do more experimenting.

So I guess there still will be patches that modify the spacing to be just optimal, but its always possible to make the patch dependent on my patch and to modify the values of my patch or what I hope more is that the patch would just add option to the configuration and provide values for that (i.e. 'tight large' setting).
    I was thinking I'd code in some sort of tight such and such settings thing so that it could be integrated into the the single patch rather than a patch dependent on a patch. Now that we know it is possible to do what we are doing with the launcher we can make just about anything a setting now instead of having dozens or little patches. Heck we could probably do this sort of merging thing with a lot of other things too. But I'm getting ahead of myself on that point.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    For the device menu.

would be good if there is option to remove the battery row,
    add in a brightness row.
    restore airplane mode.