Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh20 View Post
    still getting an ipkg error for all patches released today. Does it still conflict with an of the following... Ringer switch icon, am/pm in top bar, palm carrier string, battery %??? I canpost ipkg screenshots later on
    They should not conflict with any of those. Only the mode menu patch will conflict with palm carrier string. Please let me know what the ipkg logs say mainly the what files it fails to patch and how many chunks failed per file.
    Here are some screenshots, let me know if you need more info.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png 2.png (45.2 KB, 49 views)
    • File Type: png 1.png (27.6 KB, 21 views)
    This is how you resolve it: YOU MUST UNINSTALL the follow patches:

1. Any of Jason Robitaille's Hide Quick App Launcher Bar patches
    2. lmorchard's Named Pages in the Launcher patch
    3. Jason Robitaille's Advanced Options in Launcher patch

Restart Luna.

Items #1 and #2 above will be replaced by, and available again, in the "Add Edit Launcher Pages and Quick Launcher Options" patch. Item #3 won't reinstall because sconix's patch and Jason's patch seem to be conflicting with each other.

sconix, i'm sending you the ipkg log right now for #3... check your email.

IF, after uninstalling the above three patches, you are still getting the ipkg error, then:

1. Go into the list of App Launcher patches, and see if you have any additional patches that affect the menu in the top-left.
    2. Remove those one-by-one
    3. Restart luna
    4. Try to reinstall a Top Bar System Menus patch.
    5. If you can identify another patch that's conflicting with this one, pm me and i'll edit/add it to this post.
    bump
    i tried putting the ignore me in the notes section but it still shows on the today patch. anyone can help?
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    bump
    i tried putting the ignore me in the notes section but it still shows on the today patch. anyone can help?
    This patch seems to be working for me. I am using these hidden events in my Google calendar at 12:05 am and 11:30 pm to squish all the free time in my calendar.

Are you sure you are putting "iGnore-ME" (without the quotes) as the first and only item in the notes?

Can you try the Agenda app to see if it displays or hides your hidden events? It uses the same method to hides events with this "iGnore-ME" tag.

Also, which calendar are you using for your hidden events?

Hope this helps... plee3
    Quote Originally Posted by plee3 View Post
    This patch seems to be working for me. I am using these hidden events in my Google calendar at 12:05 am and 11:30 pm to squish all the free time in my calendar.

Are you sure you are putting "iGnore-ME" (without the quotes) as the first and only item in the notes?

Can you try the Agenda app to see if it displays or hides your hidden events? It uses the same method to hides events with this "iGnore-ME" tag.

Hope this helps... plee3
    That's where I had goofed.
    I had additional notes that I wanted to keep for a hidden event. As soon as I deleted them, The event no longer appears on the Today Menu.

Would it be possible to add additional notes after iGnore-ME and still have it ignored?

Agenda App states that it works like this:
    To hide Calendar events in Agenda, add the phrase iGnore-ME to the subject of the event - it will not show up in Agenda.
    Agenda App seems to work if you put it ( iGnore-ME ) anywhere in either the Title or the Notes section...
    Last edited by Mannyman; 05/19/2010 at 03:21 PM. Reason: added request
    Sconix,

Since I have been using your other patches and Mode Switcher, I figured I would go ahead and try out your patch, Add Edit Launcher Pages and Quick Launch Options.

I removed all the other patches that provided the same functionality. Mostly everything is as I had before with the other patches, however, there are a couple of small things that I am sure you could easily add to this patch to make it even better.

- Start the launcher page at the top of the page instead of where it was last left off.
    - Revert to a specific launcher page when the launcher is....launched. Since you have the page wrapping option (which can be enabled, I do), I am not sure how you would do this. Maybe in the options you can select a page to be the "default".
    - Gesture + tap the page header to rename the page from there in addition to or instead of going through the menu.

Those things I had in other patches, I removed them in lew of your patch in case if conflicted with them. I might try adding them back to see if they will work with your patch, but it would be nice to keep them off and just have the functionality in your patch instead.

Thanks & keep up the great work.

For those of you not using MS (Mode Switcher) yet...what are you waiting for?
  8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    I had additional notes that I wanted to keep for a hidden event. As soon as I deleted them, The event no longer appears on the Today Menu.

Would it be possible to add additional notes after iGnore-ME and still have it ignored?

Agenda App seems to work if you put it ( iGnore-ME ) anywhere in either the Title or the Notes section...
    I will change this so that it works if theres something else in the notes also.
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by orsapps View Post
    Sconix,

Since I have been using your other patches and Mode Switcher, I figured I would go ahead and try out your patch, Add Edit Launcher Pages and Quick Launch Options.

I removed all the other patches that provided the same functionality. Mostly everything is as I had before with the other patches, however, there are a couple of small things that I am sure you could easily add to this patch to make it even better.

- Start the launcher page at the top of the page instead of where it was last left off.
    - Revert to a specific launcher page when the launcher is....launched. Since you have the page wrapping option (which can be enabled, I do), I am not sure how you would do this. Maybe in the options you can select a page to be the "default".
    - Gesture + tap the page header to rename the page from there in addition to or instead of going through the menu.

Those things I had in other patches, I removed them in lew of your patch in case if conflicted with them. I might try adding them back to see if they will work with your patch, but it would be nice to keep them off and just have the functionality in your patch instead.

Thanks & keep up the great work.

For those of you not using MS (Mode Switcher) yet...what are you waiting for?
    I don't have so many icons per page that I would have noticed the page staying on its place, but I will add the resetting to top position. Not sure what you mean by reverting the page. And the gesture+tap for renaming works, I don't know why you have to double tap though but at least for now you have to I don't know why the text widget wont get focus on single tap.

I am also adding a possibility to move the pages around (reorder) and after that the app launcher patch will be ready and wont touch it for a while
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I don't have so many icons per page that I would have noticed the page staying on its place, but I will add the resetting to top position.
    Seems I do.
    Thanks for adding it.

And the gesture+tap for renaming works, I don't know why you have to double tap though but at least for now you have to I don't know why the text widget wont get focus on single tap.
    I was trying to gesture+tap the whole bar instead of just the current page name. That does work. My bad....

Not sure what you mean by reverting the page.
    I mean similar functionality like the patch "Reset to First Page" from IMGrant.

Say you have 5 pages in the launcher. Make a way from the launcher menu to pick page 2 as the default so that when you launch the launcher the next time it opens page 2 instead of the last one opened.

I am also adding a possibility to move the pages around (reorder) and after that the app launcher patch will be ready and wont touch it for a while
    That would be neat too. As mentioned in another post in this thread, it is cumbersome to move the apps (icons) one at a time. This would work around that.

Great to hear. Thanks for your patches and app(s).

Regards!
  11.    #71  
    Seems I do.
    Thanks for adding it.
    I mean similar functionality like the patch "Reset to First Page" from IMGrant.

Say you have 5 pages in the launcher. Make a way from the launcher menu to pick page 2 as the default so that when you launch the launcher the next time it opens page 2 instead of the last one opened.
    Thanks, and now I see. Maybe I could add a set as default page option for example or something like that lets see.
    Possible addition to the Today patch...

Would it be possible to style/color the text of the calendar events based on the colors specified/used in the calendar app? Or something to achieve a similar effect.

Not a big thing, but would help a little in differentiating between events with similar names in different calendars.

For example, say I have a doc appointment and my wife has a doc appointment. I see two doc appointments in my today list, I know what my colors are for my calendars, would be nice to see that extended to the patch?

Just a thought. Not sure if others would find it useful. I would.

Thanks again.

Hope this helps... plee3
    i tried the ignore me in all calendars, didnt work

BTW, it works in agenda...
    Last edited by ericizzy1; 05/19/2010 at 05:45 PM.
  14.    #74  
    Possible addition to the Today patch...

Would it be possible to style/color the text of the calendar events based on the colors specified/used in the calendar app?

Not a big thing, but would help a little in differentiating between events with similar names in different calendars.

For example, say I have a doc appointment and my wife has a doc appointment. I see two doc appointments in my today list, I know what my colors are for my calendars, would be nice to see that extended to the patch?

Just a thought. Not sure if others would find it useful. I would.

Thanks again.
    I agree that this would be a nice touch, but as I am a bit overwhelmed at the moment with the amount of coding I leave this for my todo later when time list
    Don't know if this is already planned or implemented, and there is certainly no rush, but perhaps in some future version of the Today Menu patch Tasks with a set due date could be included in the list on the day they are due?
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    i tried the ignore me in all calendars, didnt work

BTW, it works in agenda...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post

Did you put the phrase into the Title or Note section of the event? It seems that this patch currently only recognizes the phrase in the Notes section and not in the Title.

Hope this helps... plee3
  17.    #77  
    Did you put the phrase into the Title or Note section of the event? It seems that this patch currently only recognizes the phrase in the Notes section and not in the Title.

Hope this helps... plee3
    Yes currently only the iGnore-ME tag is read from the notes section and there can not be anything else. But I will change this for next release that both title and notes fields are checked and that other text is also allowed to be in addition to the ignore tag.
  18.    #78  
    There is soon new version of my app launcher patch available. This version will allow moving (reordering) of pages. Gesture + tap the page header will initiate the moving. Then just use the arrows to move the page around and use the list to select which page to move.

TODO for this patch:

- add resetting of page to top.

- add new shortcut for renaming the page (the old one is now used for moving the pages).

- add menu entry for initiating the page move (easily accessible when names are hidden).

- add way to set default page thats showed when launcher is started.

- fix the bug that moving of pages might mix up the names of the pages.

I take couple days off from development, but expect new version of this and today menu patches on Sunday or Monday.
    Last edited by sconix; 05/19/2010 at 07:30 PM.
  19.    #79  
    Current TODO for the today menu patch:

- hiding of past events.

- tighter spacing of events.

- better ignore-me support.

- enable toggling for end/start time.

- fix opening of the calendar from the date.
    i don't understand mode switcher, well i really don't have much use for it.
Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast