Page 39 of 58 FirstFirst ... 29343536373839404142434449 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    No I haven't, I think the lite list launcher is so much different by concept. But maybe the patch author updates it to be compatible or make a different version which play nice with my patch.
    Oh... Okay. Thanks though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Basil View Post
    It's errade. Haha. And yeah he has two different usernames.
    lol I was close. Always been bad with names.
    Hello all! So here is the situation, I removed app Launcher patches, completed a Luna Restart atempted to instal Sconix's new Advanced configuration app launcer and got the following error. Anyone one have and idea's on a fix?

Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    94 28464 94 26860 0 0 1637 0 0:00:17 0:00:16 0:00:01 9208
    100 28464 100 28464 0 0 1725 0 0:00:16 0:00:16 --:--:-- 9440
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher
    Install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/appinfo.json.rej
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.pdfviewer/appinfo.json.rej
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    Hello all! So here is the situation, I removed app Launcher patches, completed a Luna Restart atempted to instal Sconix's new Advanced configuration app launcer and got the following error. Anyone one have and idea's on a fix?
    Do you have the prevent pdf app removal patch?
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.pdfviewer/appinfo.json.rej

Plus the dev mode unhide patch;
    com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/appinfo.json.rej
    Last edited by Mannyman; 08/28/2010 at 07:28 PM. Reason: added quote
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя

Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    94 28464 94 26860 0 0 1637 0 0:00:17 0:00:16 0:00:01 9208
    100 28464 100 28464 0 0 1725 0 0:00:16 0:00:16 --:--:-- 9440
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher
    Install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/appinfo.json.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.pdfviewer/appinfo.json.rej
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    remove your unhide developer mode patch and prevent pdfviewer removal patch and it will install
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    remove your unhide developer mode patch and prevent pdfviewer removal patch and it will install
    Awesone, I will give it a shot.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    Do you have the prevent pdf app removal patch?
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.pdfviewer/appinfo.json.rej

Plus the dev mode unhide patch;
    com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/appinfo.json.rej
    Yes i do I will remove it and try again, Thanks

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts

Download...

Postinst
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Remove...
    A quick tutorial on failed patch installs... You can tell which patch or other configuration item is conflicting with the patch you're trying to install by examining the Postinst section of the log. Whenever a hunk fails or is ignored, you'll see that it says "saving rejects to file...". Look at the end of this sentence and you'll see the name of the patch or configuration file that is causing the problem. The name is found after com.palm.app and before /appinfo.json.rej

In the case above, there are 2 conflicts (shown in bold red text above):
    devmodeswitcher
    pdfviewer

Once you know this, you can go back to your list of installed patches and remove the offending ones. Usually the patch names are very close to the filenames of the reject (.rej) files.
    Last edited by garavin; 08/28/2010 at 09:11 PM. Reason: removed title
    Proud Pre Early Adopter
    My wallpapers
    Try my SteamPunk'd Theme!
    I'm not usually clueless, but I read on WebOSInternals twitter that Sconix's new configurable app launcher patch has been released. But the only "Advanced Configuration for App Launcher" I see in Preware is version 1.4.1-31 from 7/26/2010. Is that because VZ hasn't provided me the 1.4.5 update yet? If so, does the new version work with 1.4.1?

By the way, finding info about this patch is pretty confusing. I found the Advanced Configuration for App Launcher thread which directed me to this thread which appears to discuss a patch called "Top Bar System Menus" that doesn't exist.
    Pet Peave: When people use photographs of themselves as Avatars. There's something unsettling about their big faces staring back at me in the forums. . . . Maybe I'm just paranoid.
    yes his latest patch is for 1.4.5
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    The latest version of Sconix's Advanced Configuration for App Launcher patch is only available for WebOS 1.4.5. Verizon (and AT&T?) users won't see it in the Preware feed until you get the latest OS updates.
    Proud Pre Early Adopter
    My wallpapers
    Try my SteamPunk'd Theme!
    Quote Originally Posted by garavin View Post
    A quick tutorial on failed patch installs... You can tell which patch or other configuration item is conflicting with the patch you're trying to install by examining the Postinst section of the log. Whenever a hunk fails or is ignored, you'll see that it says "saving rejects to file...". Look at the end of this sentence and you'll see the name of the patch or configuration file that is causing the problem. The name is found after com.palm.app and before /appinfo.json.rej

devmodeswitcher
    pdfviewer

Once you know this, you can go back to your list of installed patches and remove the offending ones. Usually the patch names are very close to the filenames of the reject (.rej) files.
    Thank you this is very helpful for future references.

Thank you all for the help. I have now got it installed and running.

Sconix- Can I make a few suggestions / requests. How about the option for a fully transparent launcher, and also the ability to go from 3 icons across into 4 x 4 or 5x5 icons. In my mind if these options were available all the other launcher patches that available would no longer be needed.

Once again, GREAT work!!!

Sconix- Can I make a few suggestions / requests. How about the option for a fully transparent launcher, and also the ability to go from 3 icons across into 4 x 4 or 5x5 icons. In my mind if these options were available all the other launcher patches that available would no longer be needed.

Am I missing something here?

You go to preferences in the dropdown menu and set your icon config there, as for the transparent launcher, thats a bug that sconix is working on.

Might I suggest you read the entire thread or at least the last few pages before you post and look like a noob, lol
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by garavin View Post

devmodeswitcher
    pdfviewer

O.K., I just tried to update Advanced Configuration for App Launcher and got the following "Postinst" fail/error messages:

*2 out of 21 hunks FAILED--saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    *1 out of 8 hunks FAILED--saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css.rej

So, I don't see the "com.palm.app" section to indicate that what comes next is the problem etc.

Does that make sense? Any suggestions?

Or let me ask this: do I need to uninstall "Fully Transparent Launcher" to install the update of Advanced Configuration for App Launcher? As far as I can tell, that's the only other Launcher patch I have installed.

Thanks!

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Am I missing something here?

You go to preferences in the dropdown menu and set your icon config there, as for the transparent launcher, thats a bug that sconix is working on.

Might I suggest you read the entire thread or at least the last few pages before you post and look like a noob, lol
    As 2slow says I am a noob, I absolutely missed the config option, that works great. Soory all I should have read through the posting better.

2slow thank you for pointing that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    O.K., I just tried to update Advanced Configuration for App Launcher and got the following "Postinst" fail/error messages:

*2 out of 21 hunks FAILED--saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    *1 out of 8 hunks FAILED--saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css.rej

So, I don't see the "com.palm.app" section to indicate that what comes next is the problem etc.

Does that make sense? Any suggestions?

Or let me ask this: do I need to uninstall "Fully Transparent Launcher" to install the update of Advanced Configuration for App Launcher? As far as I can tell, that's the only other Launcher patch I have installed.

Thanks!

Thanks!
    You either have one of the 4x4 , 5x5 etc related patches or some other launcher patch all app launcher patches need to be uninstalled they don't play well at all. This patch is the big dog on the block and he doesn't take names. LOL
  18.    #778  

The current release already works with glass effect patch and the upcoming version will also install with fully transparent patch.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    One more reminder / warning before tonight release. Next version of app launcher advanced configuration patch will conflict with almost all of the app launcher patches or at least make them obsolete. The new version includes hiding of all page indicator / changing icon grid size / changing icons size / hiding icon titles / selecting page for new apps. Also shows up dev mode icon and first use app since they can be now be hidden dynamically.
    In other words this will supersede (is that the right word?) the following patches:

4x4 launcher all
    5x4 launcher all
    5x5 launcher all
    ?? advanced options in launcher ??
    enable add delete pages
    gesture tap for info and delete
    hide amazon mp3 app
    hide ATT navigator
    hide mobile hotspot
    hide musicplayer app
    hide nascar app
    hide nfl app
    hide quick launch bar
    hide quick launch bar in launcher only
    hide quick launch bar in launcher remix
    hide sprint navigation app
    hide sprint tv app
    hide vznav
    hide youtube app
    ?? launcher auto popup ??
    ?? launcher page selection tabs ??
    ?? lite list launcher??
    named pages in launcher
    no arrows or fade bar
    ?? remove icon titles ??
    ?? reset scroll position ??
    reset to first page
    ?? reset to middle page ??
    show first use app
    unhide dev mode icon
    wrap pages

I notes some with ?? on both sides of the name because I was uncertain with those. Did I miss any?
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  20.    #780  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    In other words this will supersede (is that the right word?) the following patches:

4x4 launcher all
    5x4 launcher all
    5x5 launcher all
    ?? advanced options in launcher ??
    enable add delete pages
    gesture tap for info and delete
    hide amazon mp3 app
    hide ATT navigator
    hide mobile hotspot
    hide musicplayer app
    hide nascar app
    hide nfl app
    hide quick launch bar
    hide quick launch bar in launcher only
    hide quick launch bar in launcher remix
    hide sprint navigation app
    hide sprint tv app
    hide vznav
    hide youtube app
    ?? launcher auto popup ??
    ?? launcher page selection tabs ??
    ?? lite list launcher??
    named pages in launcher
    no arrows or fade bar
    ?? remove icon titles ??
    ?? reset scroll position ??
    reset to first page
    ?? reset to middle page ??
    show first use app
    unhide dev mode icon
    wrap pages

I notes some with ?? on both sides of the name because I was uncertain with those. Did I miss any?
    It seems a good list, but the launcher auto popup will work with this patch. And the launcher page selection tabs, remove icon titles, reset to middle page wont since those functionality is in the patch.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.