Page 37 of 58 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637383940414247 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    there was an update this morning and I installed and then ran epr after trying to fix the problem and still no go
    Yeah the 1.4.5.44 version had a bug or something.
    The update Sconix is talking about is supposed to fix it.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    I wish I would of known before I ran epr geez
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Remove
    No packages removed.
    Nothing to be done
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Removed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 24822 100 24822 0 0 24518 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 35409
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher
    Install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":4, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":4 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":4 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":4 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":4 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":4 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.postinst 2>&1
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/resources/de_de/strings.json
    |+++ /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/resources/de_de/strings.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/resources/es_es/strings.json
    |+++ /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/resources/es_es/strings.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/resources/fr_ca/strings.json
    |+++ /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/resources/fr_ca/strings.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/resources/fr_fr/strings.json
    |+++ /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/resources/fr_fr/strings.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/resources/it_it/strings.json
    |+++ /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/resources/it_it/strings.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/resources/de_de/strings.json
    |+++ /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/resources/de_de/strings.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/resources/es_es/strings.json
    |+++ /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/resources/es_es/strings.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/resources/fr_ca/strings.json
    |+++ /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/resources/fr_ca/strings.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/resources/fr_fr/strings.json
    |+++ /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/resources/fr_fr/strings.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/resources/it_it/strings.json
    |+++ /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/resources/it_it/strings.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.

I only have 5x4 launcher icons instlled for launcher patches.

any thougts on why this updatr is failing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I wish I would of known before I ran epr geez

Follow @modeswitcher
    I heard about the issue from there. I was just about to update all in Preware and I saw Tweed telling me I've got some new stuff to read. Good thing.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.

I only have 5x4 launcher icons instlled for launcher patches.
    any thougts on why this updatr is failing?
    Are you sure you have no other launcher patches installed?
    The Gesture+Tap for Info & Delete conflicts with this patch.

The #X# launcher icons patches do not conflict. I've tried a few of them without any problems.

Anyone else with this patch please let me know if you tried to update today, and if you got problems. When I went to update, I got the IPKG error and then noticed that the patch uninstalled itself. I had 4 launcher pages and they were all named to specify what apps were in their respected page. Now, I can't install the 'advanced configuration for app launcher' patch without getting errors.

What in the creation of all that is sane and holy am I supposed to do now?
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    sconix (modeswitcher) on Twitter
    Please do not install Adv. Laucher v44, it will give errors. v45 will be available in Preware shortly and installs correctly.
    Tried all day to get this to work even tried older version after EPR and still no go, untill about 4:00 est and alls well again! woo hoo!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Tried all day to get this to work even tried older version after EPR and still no go, untill about 4:00 est and alls well again! woo hoo!
    Awesome! Glad to hear you got it working!

just to reiterate what rwhitby said a while ago... this is how all patches should be done!

edit: realized this is in wrong thread for the ACAL patch
    noticed one small thing w the app launcher patch, doesn't really affect its awesomeness at all (to me), but just FYI.
    -when using tabs and jump between pages, the little 'page bars' at the bottom don't register the change.

if we're back to patch time, wanted to put in my 2cents worth for having the ability to pick whether, in the system menu patch, tap vs. gesture+tap opens drawers or turns the item off/on.

when driving, it's much quicker/easier/safer to have the item activate/deactivate (e.g. turing a radio on/off) with the tap- rather than having to go thru the drawer, and gesture+tap is difficult with one hand in a moving car. actually, it's difficult any time using only one hand.

i would actually vote for having the tap always do the on/off, and gesture+tap do the drawer opening- how often do we really need to get to the preference screen?
    Last edited by everette13; 08/27/2010 at 05:47 PM.
    I can verify too that the little hash marks do not change. Not a huge deal for me, just confirming.

Side note: I wouldn't mind seeing the tabs be able to be toggled instead of using gesture+tap. Would be easier one handed. Either way, it's an awesome patch.
  12.    #732  
    Next version of app launcher patch will fix couple small bugs with tabs and adds configurable icon grid size with configurable icon size (independetly configurable of course). And also the ability to show/hide icon titles. So the configuration support 3/4/5 icons in a row with configurable icon size. So hopefully everyone are happy. And since the preferences starts to be unmanageable through the menu I added a preferences scene to the app launcher.

So just to warn ahead that next version will conflict with all patches that change the icon grid size and hide the titles.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    got a small bug here. when you add an app it normally adds the appto the bottom of the first page, well now its adding itto the top of the first page and overlapping previous apps until you move any app to uncover it.

Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    got a small bug here. when you add an app it normally adds the appto the bottom of the first page, well now its adding itto the top of the first page and overlapping previous apps until you move any app to uncover it.
    Confirmed. I saw this too.

15.    #735  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Confirmed. I saw this too.
    Fixed in next release.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  16.    #736  
    One more reminder / warning before tonight release. Next version of app launcher advanced configuration patch will conflict with almost all of the app launcher patches or at least make them obsolete. The new version includes hiding of all page indicator / changing icon grid size / changing icons size / hiding icon titles / selecting page for new apps. Also shows up dev mode icon and first use app since they can be now be hidden dynamically.
    So I keep getting this error when I try to install the patch. I already had it on but it said it had an update. I have no launcher patches what so ever. And it doesn't let me install... Help?

Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    4 28384 4 1156 0 0 2060 0 0:00:13 --:--:-- 0:00:13 6316
    100 28384 100 28384 0 0 28211 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 45197
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher
    Install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.postinst 2>&1
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.usbpassthrough/appinfo.json.rej
    Remove
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.
  18.    #738  
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Basil View Post
    So I keep getting this error when I try to install the patch. I already had it on but it said it had an update. I have no launcher patches what so ever. And it doesn't let me install... Help?
    You have unhide usb passthrough app patch installed. Remove it. This patch unhides all hidden apps since now they can be dynamically hidden.
    I would realllly love to be able to have the glass effect option with this patch as well... It'sl the only thing I don't like. I hate the ugly grey
  20.    #740  
    Quote Originally Posted by Srycantthnk View Post
    I would realllly love to be able to have the glass effect option with this patch as well... It'sl the only thing I don't like. I hate the ugly grey
    That patch should install with this patch. Currently exiting preferences screen will undo the glass effect, but I am trying to get my patch fully compliant with that patch.