Page 35 of 58 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435363738394045 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 700 of 1151
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #681  
    The new Initial Framework errors on me when I try to update.

    Log:

    Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework.prerm 2>&1
    5 out of 12 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    1 out of 9 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/347/stylesheets/global-menus.css.rej
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css.rej

    I Doctored before 1.4.5.

    I also had the Date as Day and Year patch installed and temp in device menu but removed those after the first attempt of this install failed. No other Top Bar patches other than those two I mention. However, I'm still getting the above error.

    Could/Should I remove all the Top Bar stuff and then use WebOS Repair to restore those mentioned in the 'saving rejects' and try again from scratch? Any other ideas?
    "Hopefully it's taking so long because they are upgrading the cameras, adding a 4G radio, higher resolution screen, NFC, a gyroscope, fingerprint reader and an app that builds you and island and then transforms the phone into a jet and flies you there." - Blue Duck Butter, on the Pre 3 release.
  2. #682  
    Quote Originally Posted by SlapVanVoila View Post
    The new Initial Framework errors on me when I try to update.

    Log:

    Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework.prerm 2>&1
    5 out of 12 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    1 out of 9 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/347/stylesheets/global-menus.css.rej
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css.rej

    I Doctored before 1.4.5.

    I also had the Date as Day and Year patch installed and temp in device menu but removed those after the first attempt of this install failed. No other Top Bar patches other than those two I mention. However, I'm still getting the above error.

    Could/Should I remove all the Top Bar stuff and then use WebOS Repair to restore those mentioned in the 'saving rejects' and try again from scratch? Any other ideas?
    See post 678..

    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2620452
  3. #683  
    I am not able to update the System Menu Initial Framework.

    Here is the info from the IPKG log:

    Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework.prerm 2>&1
    3 out of 12 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
  4. #684  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I am not able to update the System Menu Initial Framework.

    Here is the info from the IPKG log:

    Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework.prerm 2>&1
    3 out of 12 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Did you uninstall all of Sconix's patches, luna restart, then reinstall the patches (frameworks first, then the rest) ?

    Sconix has said before hat you should uninstall his patches and reinstall them when there are new versions. I forgot to uninstall them once and just did the updates and they broke.

    This recent updates, I did what I mentioned above and everything is hunky dory.

    Hope this helps.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  5. #685  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    These patches enhances the top bar to include three system menus instead of the one device menu. The patches also make the menus editable (its possible to configure what entries are shown in the menus).

    The System Menus Initial Framework patch will lay out the groundwork for the menus. Currently there is 1) Mode Menu patch that adds manual control menu to the left corner of top bar for the Mode Switcher application, 2) Today Menu patch that adds a today menu to the center of the top bar that shows your calendar events for current day and following days and the 3) Device Menu patch that alter the device menu by removing the entries that are already in Mode or Today menu and also adds lots of new things into the menu such as: Flashlight, screen brightness, ringtone volume, system volume, media volume, screen lock configuration, network configuration, phone radio toggle, voice roaming configuration, data connection toggle, data roaming setting, GPS state toggle and already existing Wi-Fi and bluetooth controls.

    In addition there is a app launcher patch which provides configurable hide quick launch, named pages and pages wrapping support that is compatible with the system menus patches (the hide QL everywhere patch conflicts).

    Usage information (the none obvious features):

    * App launcher patch:

    - forward swipe or double tap to empty space on the launcher will bring up jump to page (handy when page names are set to hidden).

    - orange/gesture + tap to empty space on the launcher will bring initiate the edit pages (handy when page names are set to hidden).

    - orange/gesture + tap to page name will start the edit pages mode.

    - orange/gesture + tap to application will have move option, when selected you'll get to choose page where the app is moved.

    * Mode menu patch:

    - orange/gesture + tap to the top bar menu area will bring up the edit menu from where you can select from what modes are shown in the menu and select the shown quick action (the last item in the menu). The quick action can be toggling triggers lock or toggle for any one of the modes in the menu.

    - orange/gesture + tap to the mode item in the menu will toggle the mode state (which can be also performed by normal tapping and selecting the action then from the opened submenu).

    * Today menu patch:

    - orange/gesture + tap to the top bar menu area will bring up the edit menu from where you can select from what calendars the events are shown and set whether the events can be gone through for 3 or 7 days.

    - orange/gesture + tap to the calendar name in edit menu will show the calendar source.

    - orange/gesture + tap to date in the menu will show momentary the past events which are normally hidden after they have been viewed once.

    - orange/gesture + tap to weather event will toggle between low/high temperature information.

    - orange/gesture + tap to normal event will toggle between start/end time information.

    - orange/gesture + tap to show tomorrows event will show yesterdays events.

    * Device menu patch:

    - orange/gesture + tap to the top bar menu area will bring up the edit menu from where you can select that which menu items are shown in the menu and select the quick action (the last menu item). The quick action can be almost anyone of the setting toggles in the submenus.

    - orange/gesture + tap to the menu item will perform the first action that exists in the submenu without opening the actual submenu.

    If you like my patches or my Mode Switcher app and wish to donate (and thanks for those that have already donated):



    For now see this post for screenshots of my patches. The new versions of the patches has screenshots included in the WebOS feed when they are available.
    I installed 1.4.5 without first uninstalling System Menu Initial Framework and System Menu Today Menu. Neither patch works now and I can't uninstall either patch. Have tried to uninstall them in different order, but both throw the IPKG error. Thoughts?
  6.    #686  
    Quote Originally Posted by hopkijeff View Post
    I installed 1.4.5 without first uninstalling System Menu Initial Framework and System Menu Today Menu. Neither patch works now and I can't uninstall either patch. Have tried to uninstall them in different order, but both throw the IPKG error. Thoughts?
    There were some others with the same problem. They posted info how they got back on track few posts back.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  7. #687  
    Quote Originally Posted by fryedchikin View Post
    Yep, that did it. Thanks!
    "Hopefully it's taking so long because they are upgrading the cameras, adding a 4G radio, higher resolution screen, NFC, a gyroscope, fingerprint reader and an app that builds you and island and then transforms the phone into a jet and flies you there." - Blue Duck Butter, on the Pre 3 release.
  8. #688  
    Hey sconix, i have a request for an addition to the advanced config for launcher patch.

    Is there a way to add the option to hide an entire page? Meaning we could put all of the apps that are useless and put them on 1 page and then hide it. this would be a great addition to this patch and would eliminate the need to install multiple "hide" patches.

    BTW you do great work, you blow my patches away. lol
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  9. djbolden's Avatar
    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    #689  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Is there a way to add the option to hide an entire page? Meaning we could put all of the apps that are useless and put them on 1 page and then hide it.


    I did this on my Treo with ZLauncher (I think that was it) and would very much like to do the same with the Pre.

    dj
  10. #690  
    ok...needed to report this...couldnt make it through the 35 pages of this thread so...

    sprint pre glass icons theme

    installed mode switcher last night and have been playing around with it...so far some things i still have to understand but it seems amazing so far

    decided to extend the functionality by adding the system menu patches...added initial framework, today menu and mode menu...luna restart...on restart the pre seemed fine...all top bar menus worked...all top bar icons appeared fine (battery %, 3G, phone signal bars, wifi)...

    then i noticed the phone signal bars disappeared as did the 3G...opened device menu (remix) and it showed phone and data were off...turned them back on and tested by turning off wifi and trying to make a call...no data no signal no call could be made no internet...2 luna restarts and on each restart no signal bars, no 3G...only batt% and wifi...opened device menu (remix) and both phone and data were off...turned them both on and still no calls no internet...powered down device and did a battery pull...on restart device menu was open - with all fields except for wifi and bluetooth populated...hit the center button and device menu disappears and when i pull it back fields still empty but then they populated to all off...opened phone submenu and the phone and data go from off to on and the icons all appear...made a call and checked net both worked

    after 2 restarts have not been able to replicate

    removed bu boot patch and installed ms boot patch with restart after each and nothing unusual...all icons seem ok now and everything seems normal...

    anyone else experience this phone radio thing with these patches?
  11. #691  
    I believe the "Launch Brightness Unlinked on Luna Boot" patch conflicts with the "Launch Mode Switcher on Luna Boot" patch.
  12. #692  
    Thanks for the update - and PLEASE give us an non-english Version too!!
    Thank you for all your work on this!
  13.    #693  
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi View Post
    Thanks for the update - and PLEASE give us an non-english Version too!!
    Thank you for all your work on this!
    Will do some time during next month (most likely in the beginning).
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  14.    #694  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbolden View Post
    I did this on my Treo with ZLauncher (I think that was it) and would very much like to do the same with the Pre.

    dj
    There will be a version some time soon that will have tabs, icons hiding and renaming. I am just waiting for the promised donations for implementing them to come through.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  15.    #695  
    I will release new version of advanced app launcher configuration patch on Friday. It will have support for tabs and hiding/showing icons in the launcher and also renaming the application names is possible. Thanks to goes two users who did donation for me to add these. If you like these changes please feel free to donate also
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  16. #696  
    Ok, I give. Where is the System Menu Patches?

    I have installed the System Menu Initial Framework, but the only system Menu patches are 1.42 placemarkers. I have 1.42 ATT.

    Thanks!
  17. #697  
    I'm new to this and already loving it. However, with the System Menu Mods patch installed, my device menu cannot be opened at all for some reason - the phone registers a touch in the top bar but niothing happens. If an app is open, its app menu can be accessed normally, but when no app is in focus, no top bar menus can be opened.

    I have correctly installed all pertinent patches, and have no other patches installed that touch on the device menu. I do have the GPS icon in top bar patch, but nothing else up there. Could the Mods patch be reacting with my theme (glass effect)? What other reasons could there be for this behavior?
  18. resturg's Avatar
    Posts
    210 Posts
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    #698  
    I am on Sprint 1.4.5 and have installed all four of the new menu patches and now battery life has suffered. When I open device menu is see Bluetooth is off as it should be but there is spinner icon. When I go to Bluetooth Preferences it says Bluetooth is turning on and never does.
    For my Pre I only turn on the Bluetooth with Car Mode (Mode Switcher manual event). Current I am in Home Mode. Could this be causing my battery drain?
  19. #699  
    Quote Originally Posted by jim_buchanan View Post
    Ok, I give. Where is the System Menu Patches?

    I have installed the System Menu Initial Framework, but the only system Menu patches are 1.42 placemarkers. I have 1.42 ATT.

    Thanks!
    The patches have been updated for 1.4.5. That could be why you don't see them. Since your on 1.4.2, I don't think you can really do anything until ATT updates to 1.4.5.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  20. #700  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    I'm new to this and already loving it. However, with the System Menu Mods patch installed, my device menu cannot be opened at all for some reason - the phone registers a touch in the top bar but niothing happens. If an app is open, its app menu can be accessed normally, but when no app is in focus, no top bar menus can be opened.

    I have correctly installed all pertinent patches, and have no other patches installed that touch on the device menu. I do have the GPS icon in top bar patch, but nothing else up there. Could the Mods patch be reacting with my theme (glass effect)? What other reasons could there be for this behavior?
    I had this happen a few times. I had to do a battery pull for it to work again.

    I have all of Sconix's top bar patches installed along with a few other top bar ones for rotated battery/percent, etc... I also have the glass effect theme. I don't believe that is the issue.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie

Posting Permissions