Page 34 of 58 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334353637383944 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    C R A P -- i have verizon service and am not expecting 1.4.5 for weeks -- if you find a minute and can update the 1.4.1 patch that would be great -- if you cannot i understand.

stupid verizon
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    The log must have rotated since thats way too short for showing the whole startup process. You can also include the messages.0.gz and messages.1.gz files so there is at least enough log (so just reboot again and instead of only retrieving the messages file take those too). And it is better to attach them as a files to the post or just send them to my email (scorpio.iix at gmail.com).
    I am sending now the messages files. Sorry for delay. Out of battery at 2:00 AM in a little village of La Mancha (Spain). Thanks again for your interest.
    Sorry folks. The problem of System Menú Mods V1 is only localize question. I am from Spain with es_es. As all other sconix patches works without problems I thought that all are localize different other than en_us.
  4.    #664  
    Quote Originally Posted by CptOx View Post
    Sorry folks. The problem of System Menú Mods V1 is only localize question. I am from Spain with es_es. As all other sconix patches works without problems I thought that all are localize different other than en_us.
    No problem, and I will plan to add the localization to all of my patches, but it is just waiting for the moment that I have free time.
    In the FWIW department, I EPR'ed my phone before the OS update after saving everything from Preware. For some reason neither the system or the today patch reinstalled from Preware. These were the only two patches that I know didn't automatically reinstall from Preware.

Anyway, reinstalled them both manually and worked fine after that
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    In the FWIW department, I EPR'ed my phone before the OS update after saving everything from Preware. For some reason neither the system or the today patch reinstalled from Preware. These were the only two patches that I know didn't automatically reinstall from Preware.

Anyway, reinstalled them both manually and worked fine after that
    I'm exactly here except for I cannot update, nor remove or install those two. I just upgraded to 1.4.1.1

Any Ideas? All 3 give IPK errors, All other patches are working well. I really like the Today bar.
  7.    #667  
    Quote Originally Posted by ciscokidinsf View Post
    I'm exactly here except for I cannot update, nor remove or install those two. I just upgraded to 1.4.1.1

Any Ideas? All 3 give IPK errors, All other patches are working well. I really like the Today bar.
    Something has modified the files or unclean uninstall of the patches. Just run EPR if it does not fix it then something has done unsupported changes to the files in which case you can remove all the patches and restore the files still give problems for these patches. After that just ask Preware to install all back from saved packages list.
  8.    #668  
    I had to fix a small issue in initial framework patch (for 1.4.5) so had to update all system menu patches. No other changes.
  9.    #669  
    The next release of advanced configuration for app launcher patch will have tabs support as well. Thanks for one user's donation. Should be out within one week. Also one new patch coming quite soon that adds advanced configuration for system preferences applications (more like missing configuration that should have been there but is not).
  10.    #670  
    My plan for my next patch (the advances system preferences) which adds some missing configuration options is following (+ already done, - to be done):

Options with configuration support:

+ Add media volume slider into sound preferences.
    - Add charging notification config (mute/sound/vibrate) into sound preferences.
    + Add haptic feedback setting (on/off) into screen preferences.
    - Add toggle for GPS (on/off) into location preferences (now it only shows up if off).
    - Add close after phone call (on/off) into phone prefs.
    - Add speakerphone when slider opened (on/off) into phone prefs.
    - Add speakerphone with proximity sensor (on/off) into phone prefs.

The setting that I don't know should they be put in email/msg/phone prefs or just general toggles for all into preferences app:

- Vibrate length (short/medium/long)
    - Repeating notifications (repeat count / no repeat)
    - Add blink toggle for email blinking

Then settings that I plan the patch to change but no configuration:

+ Adding more turn off times for screen off.
    + Setting lowest brightness into 0.
    + Invert the keyboard brightness.

Suggestions are welcomed and wanted. I won't include every possible setting, only the ones that I see useful most users and hence should have been in the phone originally.
    Last edited by sconix; 08/22/2010 at 11:56 AM.
    Something has modified the files or unclean uninstall of the patches. Just run EPR if it does not fix it then something has done unsupported changes to the files in which case you can remove all the patches and restore the files still give problems for these patches. After that just ask Preware to install all back from saved packages list.
    OK, I did. It worked...but now the advanced Launcher gives me a IPKG Log error. It cannot give Launcher the advanced ability to rename and move pages anymore. So Weird. Will 'Emergency File Verification' Help? Is there a conflict with something else?

Also, I'm unclear in the Preware steps. I did it manually last night b/c I couldn't figure out how to save my patches. I think I need to do this:

1) Backup my list of patches (Figured it out I think)
    2) Run EPR
    3) Run WebOs Doctor/WebOS repair
    4) Update Preware feeds
    5) Load MANUALLY the advanced Launcher Patch
    5) Re-load my saved patches (Will try)

Hope this works.
    Last edited by ciscokidinsf; 08/22/2010 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Update
  12.    #672  
    Quote Originally Posted by ciscokidinsf View Post
    OK, I did. It worked...but now the advanced Launcher gives me a IPKG Log error. It cannot give Launcher the advanced ability to rename and move pages anymore. So Weird. Will 'Emergency File Verification' Help? Is there a conflict with something else?

Also, I'm unclear in the Preware steps. I did it manually last night b/c I couldn't figure out how to save my patches. I think I need to do this:

1) Backup my list of patches (HOW?, I read the steps but I don't see the option in Preware menu to save them. Or does it do this with an emergency patch?)
    2) Run EPR
    3) Run WebOs Doctor/WebOS repair
    4) Update Preware feeds
    5) Re-load my patches (HOW?)

Sorry, I've been reading several threads, but some answers seem not to apply on 1.4.1.1
    Yes the ipkg error with patches usually means that you have something that conflicts with the patch or otherwise modified files. The backup / re-load means the Preware saved package list functionality.
    I'm confused, did you update the System Menu framework to accomodate all of those changes? If so I need to remove like 6 different patches...
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  14.    #674  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    I'm confused, did you update the System Menu framework to accomodate all of those changes? If so I need to remove like 6 different patches...
    No its a separate patch that I am currently working on as I said in the post.
    No its a separate patch that I am currently working on as I said in the post.
    Your patches are the last ones I've installed in the last few weeks, nothing newer, and I got the update for them today and I've gotten an IPKG error.
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  16.    #676  
    Your patches are the last ones I've installed in the last few weeks, nothing newer, and I got the update for them today and I've gotten an IPKG error.
    The system menu patches need to be uninstalled before updating the initial framework. Preware does not handle dependencies in patches yet.
    The system menu patches need to be uninstalled before updating the initial framework. Preware does not handle dependencies in patches yet.
    Ooooh thank you.

Is there a changelog for this update?
  18.    #678  
    Ooooh thank you.

Is there a changelog for this update?
    No since it only fixed a small problem which was in the framework patch so it required the updating of all patches.
    No since it only fixed a small problem which was in the framework patch so it required the updating of all patches.
    Oh sorry I didn't read your quadruple post :P. Sweet thanks man. Great work, mamouton told me about this patch and I was skeptical at first seeing as how it took 2 patches to install, but I was really happy with it. Thanks and great work.
  20.    #680  
    Oh sorry I didn't read your quadruple post :P. Sweet thanks man. Great work, mamouton told me about this patch and I was skeptical at first seeing as how it took 2 patches to install, but I was really happy with it. Thanks and great work.
    Thanks, the system menu patches is divided as they are since all of them need the changes that the initial framework does, but did not want to force to install all those menus. And did not want to make many separate combinations patches so hence the solution of one common patch and dependencies.