Page 31 of 58 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 620 of 1151
Like Tree1Likes
  1. fareal's Avatar
    Posts
    260 Posts
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    #601  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    That was the only way I came up with when page names not enabled. The double tapping into gesture area is "reserved" by the virtual keyboard otherwise I would have added that too. So at least now either use page names or just add more pages to have more room on those pages. Other suggestions are of course welcomed how the jumping could be accessed without names.
    Forward swipe?
  2.    #602  
    Quote Originally Posted by fareal View Post
    Forward swipe?
    Not bad idea at all So thank will see if this is possible on next week when I have time and release a new version if (I think it is,but not sure) this is possible.
  3. #603  
    sconix - I just wanted to say 'thank you' for all your hard work and contributions to the Pre community. The best thing that ever happened to my Pre was your Mode Switch app and your Top Bar Mods are simply fantabulous!

    So again, thank you so much for all you've done and all you are doing. Your efforts are very much appreciated, truly.
    "Hopefully it's taking so long because they are upgrading the cameras, adding a 4G radio, higher resolution screen, NFC, a gyroscope, fingerprint reader and an app that builds you and island and then transforms the phone into a jet and flies you there." - Blue Duck Butter, on the Pre 3 release.
  4. #604  
    hey, I like the new today menu! Great job. But I don't have much use for the mode switcher menu.

    does anyone else use the app switcharoo? I think it'd be cool if there was a drop menu on the left for that in card view, where I can mark a background as "dont show again" or "add to favorites," or hit a "switch now" button

    these are options in the app, but sense it has to do with the background, a system menu for it would be cool, thanks
    Last edited by patricksmangan; 07/30/2010 at 10:59 PM.
  5. Speebs's Avatar
    Posts
    297 Posts
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    #605  
    Quote Originally Posted by fareal View Post
    Forward swipe?
    Forward swipe is good... I wonder if there is such a thing as a downward swipe (from the screen area to the gesture area), which could be useful as well.
  6. #606  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    You can now remove all my feeds. All my latest is in Preware feeds now. The patches in public feed and the app in webos internals testing feed. After removing my feeds there should only show up a one set of patches and app.
    I just Doctored my phone and reinstalled most of my patches. I removed the old feed from Sconix and have WebOS internals and WebOS internal testing turned on.

    I only see System Menu Initial Framework 1.4.2-11. I also see stubs for System Menu Mods v1 and System Menu Today Menu, dated 5/31. The info says they are just placeholders.

    How do I find the latest patches Today Menu, Device Menu and Mode Menu to install on my 1.4.2 Pre+?
    Last edited by swieder; 07/31/2010 at 11:17 PM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  7. #607  
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    hey, I like the new today menu! Great job. But I don't have much use for the mode switcher menu.

    does anyone else use the app switcharoo? I think it'd be cool if there was a drop menu on the left for that in card view, where I can mark a background as "dont show again" or "add to favorites," or hit a "switch now" button

    these are options in the app, but sense it has to do with the background, a system menu for it would be cool, thanks
    If you want to see something like this soon, your best bet is to contact the developer of Switcharoo. I have a feeling sconix has his hands full between the patches he's already created and Mode Switcher.
  8. #608  
    Currently in the Device Menu patch in the Wi-Fi item it shows the name of the SSID connected to. Can you make it show the ip address of the phone aswell please? Maybe by alternating between the SSID and IP Address or just by always showing the IP address.
  9. #609  
    Are these the right feeds?

    App is in Webos internals testings: Index of /feeds/webos-internals/testing/all/

    Patches are in Preware public feed: Index of /feeds/webos-internals/all/

    Because I only see System Menu Initial Framework 1.4.2-11 and some old stubs for System Menu Mods v1 and System Menu Today Menu, dated 5/31.

    Can someone point me in the right direction so that I can finish up rebuilding my ATT Pre+?

    thanks.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  10.    #610  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Are these the right feeds?

    App is in Webos internals testings: [url= of /feeds/webos-internals/testing/all/[/url]

    Patches are in Preware public feed: [url= of /feeds/webos-internals/all/[/url]

    Because I only see System Menu Initial Framework 1.4.2-11 and some old stubs for System Menu Mods v1 and System Menu Today Menu, dated 5/31.

    Can someone point me in the right direction so that I can finish up rebuilding my ATT Pre+?

    thanks.
    They are correct. For my Pre there has never been 1.4.2 so I have only made releases for 1.4.1 and 1.4.5. I guess those 1.4.1 versions would install for .2 also but I don't know how to utlize the internals build system to do that.
  11. #611  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    They are correct. For my Pre there has never been 1.4.2 so I have only made releases for 1.4.1 and 1.4.5. I guess those 1.4.1 versions would install for .2 also but I don't know how to utlize the internals build system to do that.
    I see. So Preware only shows the versions appropriate for a release. Is there someway for me to see the .1 version of your patches/apps while running on WebOS .2? I can add a custom feed if that would help or use WOS QI.

    I suspect the .1 versions of your patches would work fine on my .2 release.

    thanks for solving the mystery.
    Last edited by swieder; 08/01/2010 at 10:58 AM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  12. #612  
    Good morning,
    Sconix I was wondering since I have all of my top bar modified by your patches if you could incorporate the gps icon patch into one of them. I tried to install but get an error and I don't want to uninstall all the patches of yours to try to install that one.
  13.    #613  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Good morning,
    Sconix I was wondering since I have all of my top bar modified by your patches if you could incorporate the gps icon patch into one of them. I tried to install but get an error and I don't want to uninstall all the patches of yours to try to install that one.
    At least I have thg GPS icon patch installed + all my patches so it should not be mine that prevents it.
  14. #614  
    dang that means I have to uninstall patches now to which once is conflicting.
  15.    #615  
    Next version of applauncher patch which I release today for 1.4.5 will have couple minor bugs fixed and forward swipe initiates page jumping. Also symbols are now possible when renaming page.
  16. #616  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    dang that means I have to uninstall patches now to which once is conflicting.
    the show actual percent for battery conflicts with the GPS icon - unfortunately -- i would like to use the gps patch as well but would rather have the actual battery percent displayed
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  17. #617  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Currently in the Device Menu patch in the Wi-Fi item it shows the name of the SSID connected to. Can you make it show the ip address of the phone aswell please? Maybe by alternating between the SSID and IP Address or just by always showing the IP address.
    That's a cool idea!
  18. #618  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Next version of applauncher patch which I release today for 1.4.5 will have couple minor bugs fixed and forward swipe initiates page jumping. Also symbols are now possible when renaming page.
    Is the applauncher patch very different for 1.4.1, 1.4.2 and 1.4.5? I am running WebOS 1.4.2 and use the applaunch patch 1.4.2-12.

    Is there any way for the update to the applaunch patch to be available to 1.4.2 users?

    thanks,
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  19.    #619  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Is the applauncher patch very different for 1.4.1, 1.4.2 and 1.4.5? I am running WebOS 1.4.2 and use the applaunch patch 1.4.2-12.

    Is there any way for the update to the applaunch patch to be available to 1.4.2 users?

    thanks,
    They are not very different. The 1.4.5 version currently includes couple minor bug fixes that others don't. This is due to my limited time and knowhow how to utilize the WebOS Internals patch system to automatically generate patches for compatible WebOS versions. So I currently only updated 1.4.5 version which I hope soon is available to everyone.
  20. #620  
    Hi everybody. I just doctored my GSM Pre 1.4.5 to test why System Menu Mods v1 prevents to show all Top Bar notifications, the originals or Today or Mode Menus. After the Doctor I just installed, without problems System Menu Initial Framework v1.4.5-15 and System Menu Mods v1 v1.4.5-15. The problem with drawers of the top bar not displayed appears already. I test "Flight Mode" solution without success. I think that the only difference with a standard European GSM Pre is the SIM card. I have a DUAL SIM from Movistar (I think Vodafone sell it as TWIN SIM): two phone numbers with two different PIN in one SIM. As Palm/HP has not implemented the access to SIM Application Toolkit I can't change between number without resetting the Pre. And always the phone request me the PIN to access to the phone. This may have consequences in Security aspects, I don't know. I continue to use all your program and patches but Menu Mods. As my problem is very particular I don't expect a fix, I only post for reference to other users with this special SIM cards.

Posting Permissions