Page 30 of 58 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    I have a Palm Pre. I have finally figured out how to get Mode Switcher installed. I have a been wanting to get this app for a couple of months. Now I have it, almost. When I launch Mode Switch the heart beat screen is displayed. That's it. I let it sit there and it was still on the heart beat screen when I got up (6 hours). No errors. No progress. Suggestions? Anyone?
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lsams View Post
    I have a Palm Pre. I have finally figured out how to get Mode Switcher installed. I have a been wanting to get this app for a couple of months. Now I have it, almost. When I launch Mode Switch the heart beat screen is displayed. That's it. I let it sit there and it was still on the heart beat screen when I got up (6 hours). No errors. No progress. Suggestions? Anyone?
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post2578445
    Quote Originally Posted by lsams View Post
    Well you should really post your question in the Mode Switcher Forum.

As for your problem, do you have the" Launch Mode Switcher on Luna Boot" patch installed?

Also, make sure you do a luna restart after installing Mode Switcher.

Glad you found and were able to start using Mode Switcher. If you follow along at the MS forum, you'll be up to speed in no time. If you need help on using MS, check out the manual.
    Are there any germans with this DeviceMenu-Patch working?
    I think it has to be "localized", somehow?
    Like MetaViews work with the "3G-toggle-patch for germans"?
    Tervä Sconix (which just about depletes my suomen vocab, can't figure out how to use olehyvä, kahvi and korvapuusti (sp?) in this post)

Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Tack will only make me feel bit sick (forces Swedish in school) so Kiitos is much better and you are welcome
    I undertand, will keep to english and suomen then. Although as someone doing a lot of international voluntary work, the cooperation (and fun) in the nordic countries are greatly enhanced by many of our finnish friends managing some ruotsi. It wasn't actually until a meeting last week when me and a finnish friend (also called Janne) both realised that Janne is a name in both languages..

I was not aware of that bug. I will look into that if its fixable if not (which is possible since the typing in app launcher was anyway meant to go to the search thing in all cases) then special letters are out of the question. But I think I can fix this so next version should have this fixed.
    The ä wasn't visible but if I dismiss the launcher and start typing a global search it will actually be the first letter already inserted. But it doesn't show up until the next letter was pressed. If there are problems inserting the characters, perhaps the idea that was mentioned a couple of pages ago, to support pasting would be a good work around?
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Update to 1.4.5-15 or remove of the old version is not possible. Can i fix this somehow without loosing to much? never took your feed, always only installed preware feed packages. and i'm now having patch "Toggle 3G in Device Menu", could this one interfere?
    btw. Menu Today Patch was removed without problems.
    You are supposed to remove today and mode menu patches before the framework patch can uninstall. If it still wont uninstall then something else has touched the files. Its hard to say what. There has been few ideas like EPR suggested and worked for some people. And it is possible that the toggle patch or any other top bar related patch prevents the uninstallation.
    So removing worked, but it was not the "Toggle 3G in Device Menu", but the "Ringer Switch Icon"-Patch that was preventing your patch to remove/update. So removing this first and after luna restart, removing yours was possible. Just for info, perhaps this is useful for others while updating to version 1.4.5.
  7.    #587  
    Quote Originally Posted by KallistiMan View Post
    Tervä Sconix (which just about depletes my suomen vocab, can't figure out how to use olehyvä, kahvi and korvapuusti (sp?) in this post)

I undertand, will keep to english and suomen then. Although as someone doing a lot of international voluntary work, the cooperation (and fun) in the nordic countries are greatly enhanced by many of our finnish friends managing some ruotsi. It wasn't actually until a meeting last week when me and a finnish friend (also called Janne) both realised that Janne is a name in both languages..

The ä wasn't visible but if I dismiss the launcher and start typing a global search it will actually be the first letter already inserted. But it doesn't show up until the next letter was pressed. If there are problems inserting the characters, perhaps the idea that was mentioned a couple of pages ago, to support pasting would be a good work around?
    Would be more correct to say lets keep to suomi then not suomen Or at least add the word kieli (language) then it would be possible to say lets stick to suomen kieli. I neither knew that Janne is swedish name also. What a pity thought that it is...good name ruined like that

Yes I tested this quickly and it seems that the sym key aborts the renaming. Not sure if I can get it to work. The copy/paste is the same since at least the opening of menu and using the copy controls from there is out of the question since opening the menu aborts also the edit mode and for that I cannot do anything. I will look into the sym key and for using keyboard shortcuts for copy/paste when renaming. Don't expect this to happen very soon since I am curerntly quite busy with MS.
  8.    #588  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    So removing worked, but it was not the "Toggle 3G in Device Menu", but the "Ringer Switch Icon"-Patch that was preventing your patch to remove/update. So removing this first and after luna restart, removing yours was possible. Just for info, perhaps this is useful for others while updating to version 1.4.5.
    I am using also that patch and haven't had problems, but like always even the order that in which the patches are installed might cause problems sometimes.
    Hi sconix and first of all thanks you so much for all the work you invested this patch is definitely my favorite.

That said what do you think of an international version?

I'd be happy to translate any strings you post to german and I'm sure there are more than enough people around to do the same for other the other languages.

greetings and thanks,
    alex

edit: currently it doesn't even work on my fresh german pre...
    Last edited by einalex; 07/28/2010 at 09:12 AM.
  10.    #590  
    Quote Originally Posted by einalex View Post
    Hi sconix and first of all thanks you so much for all the work you invested this patch is definitely my favorite.

That said what do you think of an international version?

I'd be happy to translate any strings you post to german and I'm sure there are more than enough people around to do the same for other the other languages.

greetings and thanks,
    alex
    I want my patch to be international, but I am currently that busy that this have to wait a bit.
    Sconix,

I was in touch with you after OTA 1.4.5 broke the Today Menu on me GSM Pre. Just wanted to let you know that I managed to get it all working, after doing an EPR.

Thanks again, the patch rocks !
    Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Treo 180 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Palm Pre (busted) -> iPhone4 (awesome) + iPad
    How can I get Media Volume to show in Device menu ?
    Quote Originally Posted by fryedchikin View Post
    How can I get Media Volume to show in Device menu ?
    Open Device Menu, tap Device, Gesture + tap Ringtone Volume until Media Volume shows.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    EDIT: Disregard this post. Just discovered that if you Gesture + Tap on Roaming Enabled within the Phone device menu, then it toggles to Roaming Forced.

Just installed the System Menu Mods v1 patch (Device menu), very nice, thank you. I was hoping it included an option for Roam-Only, but I don't see this option. This is good when you are in a bad signal area and the device is frequently jumping from Sprint to a roaming partner. Sometimes its better (for coverage and battery) to simply force it to Roam Only.

I do see Roaming Enabled and Roaming Disabled, but I don't believe those force Roam Only such as Jason Robitaille's "Roam Only in Device Menu" patch.

I know there is another patch which adds "Roam Only" to phone prefs, but it is nice to have in the device menu for quick access especially when your office/daily is one of those poor coverages areas.

I didn't yet try installing the Roam Only patch before installing this Sys Menu Mods patch, but I have a feeling it would conflict. I did try installing Roam Only patch after the Sys Menu Mods patch, didn't allow the install. Anyway, would be nice to have it as part of Sys Menu Mods patch and the option under the Phone section of device menu.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by fareal; 07/28/2010 at 10:20 PM.
    @fareal, Instead of installing a patch I believe you could use Mode Switcher to create a mode in which Roam Only is enabled.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    thanks for the suggestion, great idea that I could use. Just tried it and it seems the Voice Roaming: Roam Only in Mode Switcher doesn't seem to work. I'm using version .36. I'll report it in the MS thread.

EDIT: Disregard this post. Just discovered that if you Gesture + Tap on Roaming Enabled within the Phone device menu, then it toggles to Roaming Forced.
    Last edited by fareal; 07/28/2010 at 10:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Open Device Menu, tap Device, Gesture + tap Ringtone Volume until Media Volume shows.
    Wow, how did I miss that. Awesome. Simple and elegant way of implementing those settings within the patch.

Yet again, another example of why Sconix's patches rock!

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Gesture tap on Roaming Enabled and it changes to Roaming Forced! haha another hidden one and the one that I was looking for. Very very nice!
    Last edited by fareal; 07/28/2010 at 10:24 PM.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Advanced config for app launcher patch is excellent.

I also use the 4x4 icon patch and I'm having trouble double tapping on a blank area of app launcher in order to bring up page name list. I'd like to be able to do this so I can eliminate the page names at the top but still quickly access other pages.
  20.    #600  
    Quote Originally Posted by fareal View Post
    Advanced config for app launcher patch is excellent.

I also use the 4x4 icon patch and I'm having trouble double tapping on a blank area of app launcher in order to bring up page name list. I'd like to be able to do this so I can eliminate the page names at the top but still quickly access other pages.
    That was the only way I came up with when page names not enabled. The double tapping into gesture area is "reserved" by the virtual keyboard otherwise I would have added that too. So at least now either use page names or just add more pages to have more room on those pages. Other suggestions are of course welcomed how the jumping could be accessed without names.