webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developer Forums >  Enlightened Linux Solutions > [Patch] Top Bar System Menus (Status, Today and Device menus)
[Patch] Top Bar System Menus (Status, Today and Device menus)
Like Tree1Likes

Old 05/18/2010, 12:54 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
can someone post screenshots please?

OP you will get more followers if you post some screen shots, I am sure
1) Today Menu..........2)Gomez Castle Mode active..........3)Named Page Visible /Launch Bar Hidden

4) App Menu__________5)App Launcher Menu___________ 6)Edit Mode[/CENTER]

7) Rename Page***********8) Jump to Page***********9) Quick Launch Bar Menu

10) Animated Scrolling in Action (Hard to capture) 11) Move via Orange -tap-App

Hope this Helps...

Last edited by Mannyman; 05/27/2010 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Updated pix
MannymanWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/18/2010, 01:30 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sconix View Post
New release (1.4.1-3) of app launcher patch in my feed (named pages, add/delete pages, wrapping of pages, quick launch hiding options). I finally managed to get the wrapping of pages to work as I want (without loosing the animation). So now I consider this patch to be complete at least for now.

I added a menu item for initiating the rename so it is more easily to be found by new users and it also gives easy way of renaming the page even if you want to keep the names hidden (the names are also used for the alternative app move which works even with names hidden). And now there is option to enable/disable page wrapping.

I also have already finished the new system menus framework patch and I am currently finishing the today menu patch. I only have one hour before I have to hit bed so lets see if I manage to push those patches out tonight or will it have to wait until tomorrow, but just wait bit longer they are coming.
Great job. I really like this patch. Performs well and looks very good.

I have one request... Can you change the spacing and/or font size on the drop down list of page names to accommodate 10 pages (the maximum no. of pages allowed, I believe)? It is a pain to have to scroll to get to the last three all the time.

Also, I noticed that you have the Quick Launch Bar hiding working almost perfectly. Will you be able to prevent the quick launch bar from appearing when going into card view? That seems to be the only time I see it with the "Always Hidden" setting.

Keep up the great work.
huladaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/18/2010, 01:35 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
Great job. I really like this patch. Performs well and looks very good.

I have one request... Can you change the spacing and/or font size on the drop down list of page names to accommodate 10 pages (the maximum no. of pages allowed, I believe)? It is a pain to have to scroll to get to the last three all the time.

Also, I noticed that you have the Quick Launch Bar hiding working almost perfectly. Will you be able to prevent the quick launch bar from appearing when going into card view? That seems to be the only time I see it with the "Always Hidden" setting.

Keep up the great work.
I can see if it is easy to change so that 10 pages fit in the screen. And the QL showing quickly in card view I cannot prevent.
sconix is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Ubuntite
Old 05/18/2010, 05:19 PM   #44 (permalink)

maybe week 20
ericizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/18/2010, 05:20 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
maybe week 20
Yes, yes I know late from my promise, but blame the weather. Anyway currently coding the last bits of Today menu changes. So most likely patch out after hour or two.
Old 05/18/2010, 05:24 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes, yes I know late from my promise, but blame the weather. Anyway currently coding the last bits of Today menu changes. So most likely patch out after hour or two.
:-) my man.
Old 05/18/2010, 06:27 PM   #47 (permalink)

New version of the Today menu patch not yet out, but very soon Meanwhile here is the changelog:

- Events can be now seen for whole week by clicking the show tomorrows events (gesture + tap = show previous day, tap = show next day).

- Google weather calendar is parsed separately and shown first with highest temperature on the right side (gesture + tap = show lowest temperature, tap = open the event in calendar).

- Smaller font for event name.

- Show past events once and hide them next time.

- Ability to view event end time by clicking gesture + tap (tap = opens the event in calendar).

- Added support for iGnore-ME tag in note to leave event out of the
list.

- Clicking the date in top of the list will open calendar on that day.

Any other good and simple ideas what should I change/add? I can add some small stuff before I submit this new version into WebOS internals feed.

Last edited by sconix; 05/18/2010 at 06:33 PM.
Old 05/18/2010, 06:41 PM   #48 (permalink)

question: does the drop down window from this today patch, goes ALL the way down to the bottom of the screen for maximum view?, if not, can you make it happen on the next release?
thanks
Old 05/18/2010, 06:46 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
question: does the drop down window from this today patch, goes ALL the way down to the bottom of the screen for maximum view?, if not, can you make it happen on the next release?
thanks
Not sure if I want that since I like that the closing the menu is just click to the space below the menu. But what I am trying to do just now is to make the rows to be packet more tightly (due to smaller font not needing that much space) so this should make more events fit into the view.
Old 05/18/2010, 06:49 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Not sure if I want that since I like that the closing the menu is just click to the space below the menu. But what I am trying to do just now is to make the rows to be packet more tightly (due to smaller font not needing that much space) so this should make more events fit into the view.
if you go all the way to the bottom, dont you have space on one of the sides to click on?
Old 05/18/2010, 06:53 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
if you go all the way to the bottom, dont you have space on one of the sides to click on?
Yes but thats so narrow that my accuracy is not that good Anyway with the new font and line spacing I am hoping to get at least 10 events to be shown without scrolling and those who have more in a day have too busy living style
Old 05/18/2010, 06:54 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes but thats so narrow that my accuracy is not that good Anyway with the new font and line spacing I am hoping to get at least 10 events to be shown without scrolling and those who have more in a day have too busy living style
[/I]

got it. looking forward. thanks
Old 05/18/2010, 07:34 PM   #53 (permalink)

My feed now contains new test releases of the new versions of my system menus patches. Please note that these also have a different appid than the versions in WebOS Internals feed. So you need to uninstall those old versions (all system menus related) to be able to install these from my feed. And when I get these versions into WebOS Internals feed then you need once again uninstall these and install the new ones from WebOS internals feed. So clearly this is mainly indented for those that want to help with testing since I did not have any of those problems that reported, but I know that they are possible so I just cannot test by myself.

I hope that someone that had the problem not being able to install these patches with theme etc. could try and report back that is it now possible. Also those that had icons or date missing that does it still happen.

Once I know that everything is working I will submit these into the WebOS Internals feed. There is still couple things missing from today menu patch. The hiding past events and reducing the height of event rows. There was small issues with these so I took them away for now. Since I have to go to sleep now, but at least there is now something to test. Will try to get new version out tomorrow with those missing features.
Old 05/18/2010, 08:55 PM   #54 (permalink)

So far So Good.

1) Mode Change from Menu.. check (works the same).

2) Weather Forecast...check-minus
Change from Hi to Lo (only works once, need to re-open menu to see high temp again)
3) Show Tomorrow's events...check
(up to 6 days into the future)
4) Ability to view event end time by clicking gesture + tap (tap = opens the event in calendar). ...check-minus
Change from Start Time to End Time (only works once, need to re-open menu to see Start Time again)
5) Added support for iGnore-ME tag in note to leave event out of the
list......check-minus
Couldn't get this to work with iGnore-ME in Title and Notes section

UPDATE:It Must be the only thing written in the Notes Section.
I had additional notes that I wanted to keep for a hidden event. As soon as I deleted them, the event no longer appears on the Today Menu. Would it be possible to add additional notes after iGnore-ME?
6) Clicking the date in top of the list will open calendar on that day...
Couldn't get this to work
7) Transparent Full Width App Menu ...check

8) Device Menu ...Not Tested
I like having flash light, media volume, brightness level (Device Menu Megamix)
9) Feature Request for Launcher Pages Patch(low priority)
Option to Change Color of App Page Titles.

Last edited by Mannyman; 05/19/2010 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Added Tests Updated Results
MannymanWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/18/2010, 09:30 PM   #55 (permalink)

still getting an ipkg error for all patches released today. Does it still conflict with an of the following... Ringer switch icon, am/pm in top bar, palm carrier string, battery %??? I canpost ipkg screenshots later on
mikeh20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/18/2010, 09:31 PM   #56 (permalink)

One feature I would love is the ability to reorder the sequence of existing pages. The only way to do it now is to drag each and every icon to/from each page.
Old 05/18/2010, 09:37 PM   #57 (permalink)
Banned

I installed this today and its great! I love being a le to switch modes so quick and having events so quick to access.
iTz Nicholas72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/19/2010, 01:07 AM   #58 (permalink)

i tried putting the ignore me in the notes section but it still shows on the today patch. anyone can help?
Old 05/19/2010, 02:44 AM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
So far So Good.

1) Mode Change from Menu.. check (works the same).

2) Weather Forecast...check-minus
Change from Hi to Lo (only works once, need to re-open menu to see high temp again)
3) Show Tomorrow's events...check
(up to 6 days into the future)
4) Ability to view event end time by clicking gesture + tap (tap = opens the event in calendar). ...check-minus
Change from Start Time to End Time (only works once, need to re-open menu to see Start Time again)
5) Added support for iGnore-ME tag in note to leave event out of the
list...
Couldn't get this to work with iGnore-ME in Title and Notes section
6) Clicking the date in top of the list will open calendar on that day...
Couldn't get this to work
7) Transparent Full Width App Menu ...check

8) Device Menu ...Not Tested
I like having flash light, media volume, brightness level (Device Menu Megamix)
Feature Request for Launcher Pages Patch(low priority)
Option to Change Color of App Page Titles.
2&4) True, will change this for tonights release so that you can toggle back also.

5) Is it also supposed to check for the title? And is it supposed to work that way that if the iGnore-ME is the only thing in the note or so that it is in the beginning of note and there is allowed to be something else. I did it now so that if there is just 'iGnore-ME' (case sensitive) in the notes and nothing else then the event is not shown. And at least it works that way for me. If you only write that word and no spaces etc. it still wont work for you?

6) Accidentally disabled this when removing the none working stuff, will enable for tonights release.

8) I haven't included those since I use flash light so rarely and for media volume / brightness I always change mode to outside etc. not the settings alone .
Thanked By: Mannyman
Old 05/19/2010, 02:50 AM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
One feature I would love is the ability to reorder the sequence of existing pages. The only way to do it now is to drag each and every icon to/from each page.
Actually the named pages should allow this (I mean that there would already be the UI parts needed for this). I'll check if this is easy to do then I will add support for this since I also would like to have this feature

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0