Page 29 of 58 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Nevermind... It looks like you updated the 1.4.1 version of the Launcher patch so the QL stays hidden! Sconix, your awesomeness is quite overwhelming!
    It is overwhelming. I don't think this guy ever sleeps.
  2.    #562  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Sconix, since I ran EPR and turned off your feeds, I can no longer access your Advanced launcher patch for 1.4.5. Although I am running on 1.4.1, the 1.4.5 version of that patch worked well and fixed the QL problem. Can you post the ipk or tell me another way to access that patch?

Even when I turn your feeds back on, I cannot access the 1.4.5 version of the Advanced Launcher patch.
    So my feed is empty now and everything that was in my feed are available in Preware feeds for both 1.4.1 and 1.4.5. And the patches was updated yesterday and are already showing in the feed.
    Last edited by sconix; 07/27/2010 at 03:58 AM.
    Update to 1.4.5-15 or remove of the old version is not possible. Can i fix this somehow without loosing to much? never took your feed, always only installed preware feed packages. and i'm now having patch "Toggle 3G in Device Menu", could this one interfere?

failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework.prerm 2>&1
    Check for md5sum in /usr/lib/ipkg/info
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/persistentWindows.conf.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    12 out of 12 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/bar/bar-scene.html.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/devicemenu.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css.rej
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/338/stylesheets/global-menus.css b/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/338/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    |index 3c55c3d..6f430e3 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/338/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    |+++ b/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/338/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    --------------------------
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    9 out of 9 hunks ignored
    btw. Menu Today Patch was removed without problems.
  4.    #564  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Update to 1.4.5-15 or remove of the old version is not possible. Can i fix this somehow without loosing to much? never took your feed, always only installed preware feed packages. and i'm now having patch "Toggle 3G in Device Menu", could this one interfere?

btw. Menu Today Patch was removed without problems.
    You are supposed to remove today and mode menu patches before the framework patch can uninstall. If it still wont uninstall then something else has touched the files. Its hard to say what. There has been few ideas like EPR suggested and worked for some people. And it is possible that the toggle patch or any other top bar related patch prevents the uninstallation.
    Kiitos (or Tack - Janne could be either..) for these wonderful patches!

I just have one little problem though.. I've just read through the 29 pages and didn't see it mentioned anywhere. I'm sure you would have noticed it yourself so I'm probably just doing something wrong. I'm trying to rename a page to include a sym-letter (as in Allmänt) but as soon as I press Sym the control looses focus and the list of pages disappears. The Sym-page is still visible though.
  6.    #566  
    Quote Originally Posted by KallistiMan View Post
    Kiitos (or Tack - Janne could be either..) for these wonderful patches!

I just have one little problem though.. I've just read through the 29 pages and didn't see it mentioned anywhere. I'm sure you would have noticed it yourself so I'm probably just doing something wrong. I'm trying to rename a page to include a sym-letter (as in Allmänt) but as soon as I press Sym the control looses focus and the list of pages disappears. The Sym-page is still visible though.
    Tack will only make me feel bit sick (forces Swedish in school) so Kiitos is much better and you are welcome

I was not aware of that bug. I will look into that if its fixable if not (which is possible since the typing in app launcher was anyway meant to go to the search thing in all cases) then special letters are out of the question. But I think I can fix this so next version should have this fixed.
    I should have just left things as they were Tried to update menu patches but wasn't able to, so I started deleting them hoping to then install the newest Framework patch, but got stuck at System Menu Mods v1.
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-mods-v1.prerm 2>&1
    1 out of 10 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

I'll read through the threads, but it'll take me a while.
    So, woke up this morning to updated 1.4.1 patches. I use Mode Menu Top Bar (with supporting patches). Went to uninstall everything first (believe I read on here once that's the best way to do it), and succeeded except for System Menu Initial Framework (v1.4.1-31). I'm coming from v1.4.1-9. Whether I try Remove or Update, I get this IPKG Error:
    Code:
    Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework.prerm 2>&1
    ERROR: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework is not a directory or does not exist!
    Anything I should try from command line to force remove it? Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks!

EDIT: For some reason when I was looking at my "View First Unread" post, it was at the bottom of a page from last night and I didn't realize there was anything more recent. Reading now, I see there's more info on this problem.
    Last edited by JohnLBurger; 07/27/2010 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Updated Info
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Something went wrong when Rod added the patches so the patches in Preware are broken. I think he is currently sleeping so the fix has to wait a bit.
    ok got it now and it's working well on 1.4.5! thanks!
    i will note for you, however, that the patch did not try to download the framework first. it therefore failed to install, but fortunately i knew that it would need the framework. so i downloaded that manually first, then the today patch and it worked. the old version used to grab the framework on it's own, so that maybe something you need to implement in this one too to avoid people being unable to install this great patch!
    Sconix, in the Device Menu patch I am unable to open the Wifi and Bluetooth drawers, and the gesture+tap on Wifi and Bluetooth does nothing. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the Device Menu patch but the bug persists. I did notice that it remembered the configuration for the Device Menu. If could delete the configuration, could that fix the bug?
  11.    #571  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Sconix, in the Device Menu patch I am unable to open the Wifi and Bluetooth drawers, and the gesture+tap on Wifi and Bluetooth does nothing. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the Device Menu patch but the bug persists. I did notice that it remembered the configuration for the Device Menu. If could delete the configuration, could that fix the bug?
    Deleting configuration should not help. The drawers not opening has happened for some people but then gone away. And only thing that prevents the drawer from opening is airplane mode. So I am not sure if the menu thinks that you have airplane mode on. You could try toggling that and then try to enable every single item in the menu and see if it helps.
  12.    #572  
    Quote Originally Posted by rivum View Post
    i will note for you, however, that the patch did not try to download the framework first. it therefore failed to install, but fortunately i knew that it would need the framework. so i downloaded that manually first, then the today patch and it worked. the old version used to grab the framework on it's own, so that maybe something you need to implement in this one too to avoid people being unable to install this great patch!
    The dependency should still be there, but I have to check if it has fallen of.
    Deleting configuration should not help. The drawers not opening has happened for some people but then gone away. And only thing that prevents the drawer from opening is airplane mode. So I am not sure if the menu thinks that you have airplane mode on. You could try toggling that and then try to enable every single item in the menu and see if it helps.
    I enabled all the items in the menu and here are the items whose drawers do not open:

Phone
    Data
    Wi-Fi
    Bluetooth
    GPS

I haven't been able to turn on Airplane Mode (details are in our conversation in the Mode Switcher thread)
  14.    #574  
    I enabled all the items in the menu and here are the items whose drawers do not open:

Phone
    Data
    Wi-Fi
    Bluetooth
    GPS

I haven't been able to turn on Airplane Mode (details are in our conversation in the Mode Switcher thread)
    Ok then its sure that the menu thinks that your airplane mode is on. I will check if I have uninitialized variable or some other bug that makes the menu think that even that is not the case. I just tested the airplane mode in MS in my phone and it worked. So maybe your phone has airplane mode "stuck" or something similary odd. Have you tried restarting?
    Ok then its sure that the menu thinks that your airplane mode is on. I will check if I have uninitialized variable or some other bug that makes the menu think that even that is not the case. I just tested the airplane mode in MS in my phone and it worked. So maybe your phone has airplane mode "stuck" or something similary odd. Have you tried restarting?
    I'll reboot phone and try opening the drawers again.
    After the reboot my phone's wallpaper changed to the default green background with orange flowers (unrelated) and I was still unable to open the drawers.
  17.    #577  
    After the reboot my phone's wallpaper changed to the default green background with orange flowers (unrelated) and I was still unable to open the drawers.
    So for some reason your phone thinks you are in airplane mode. Since the reason why MS is not setting the phone neither is that if it gets response from system service that airlpane mode is already on and you try to set it on with MS it does not set the setting. So have you tried setting the airplane mode disabled with MS? Meaning create a mode with airplane mode and set the airplane mode to disabled. Then start the mode and see if it fixes the problem. Not sure why the system services in your phone think that your phone is in airplane mode. But maybe toggling the setting via MS (or via power switch menu / device menu airplane mode toggle if you still have) will reset the situation.
    I just opened the power switch menu and the first button says "Turn off Airplane Mode."
    Let's hope it works.

Carrier switched to Searching...

Drawers work!!

Luna Restarting so it can connect to Sprint.

Phone connected to Sprint and drawers are working correctly. So it looks like I won't be using a MS-created Airplane mode soon.
    Last edited by gollyzila; 07/27/2010 at 04:55 PM.
  19.    #579  
    Quote Originally Posted by rivum View Post
    You were right the dependency on today menu patch was missing. I added it and next release will have it.
    Currently in the Device Menu patch in the Wi-Fi item it shows the name of the SSID connected to. Can you make it show the ip address of the phone aswell please? Maybe by alternating between the SSID and IP Address or just by always showing the IP address.