Page 27 of 58 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Sconix, for simplicity - do you have any plans to put the latest 1.4.1 patches into the Preware feed too? This would make things easier because the Preware feed will only show the patches compatible with WebOS version installed on the phone.
  2.    #522  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Sconix, for simplicity - do you have any plans to put the latest 1.4.1 patches into the Preware feed too? This would make things easier because the Preware feed will only show the patches compatible with WebOS version installed on the phone.
    Well the problem is that my patches have this thing called additional files packages. And as far as I know the WebOS internals system does not support different files package for different versions. So I can only easily update the latest version into the Preware feed. Now when I know this I can prepare for this on next WebOS update. But for this time its not that easy so I hope that everyone just gets 1.4.5 soon. And until that my feed serves the older versions.
    I was that before update my WebOS 1.4.5 I was 1.4.1 and now I can't update or remove it, what can I do to update this?
  4.    #524  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneric View Post
    I was that before update my WebOS 1.4.5 I was 1.4.1 and now I can't update or remove it, what can I do to update this?
    You should be able to remove it. Just remove the menu patches before the initial framework. Then install the newer versions.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    so it appears that there is now a 1.4.5 version of the today menu in preware! thanks for the update, but it doesn't appear to work! i've tried it with and without any other top menu patches and it will install no problem in either circumstance, but the menu doesn't appear no matter where i touch the top bar.
    any help?
    I'm having trouble with updating this patch. I tried to figure out why it was failing to update/install but I apparently suck at interpreting the Preware log file. Can someone else tell me which of my other patches is now interfering with this one?

------------------------------------------------------
    PATCH REMOVAL Mon Jul 26 09:27:05 EDT 2010
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Contains text patch
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework/top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework.patch

----------------------------------
    Checking md5sums
    Palm md5sum when installed: 0e8bb1be30a1353a1d944ba5fbcbab51
    Getting md5sum from Palm package: luna-sysmgr
    md5sum: 0e8bb1be30a1353a1d944ba5fbcbab51
    Found modified file: /etc/palm/persistentWindows.conf
    Palm md5sum when installed: 8e8b5ff41a4b1883943e9a483b8487f9
    md5sum:
    Getting md5sum from Palm package: luna-systemui
    md5sum: 8e8b5ff41a4b1883943e9a483b8487f9
    Found modified file: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    Palm md5sum when installed: 1da1f9764f74c5da1135e07fd7a95ee9
    md5sum:
    md5sum: 1da1f9764f74c5da1135e07fd7a95ee9
    Found modified file: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/bar/bar-scene.html
    Palm md5sum when installed: 417eaf42a1954e4809b42762ce3ef473
    md5sum:
    md5sum: 417eaf42a1954e4809b42762ce3ef473
    Found modified file: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/devicemenu.css
    Palm md5sum when installed: 695cd633bb77eee1d46a45da1dd00579
    md5sum:
    md5sum: 695cd633bb77eee1d46a45da1dd00579
    Found modified file: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css
    Palm md5sum when installed: cfe872070d21e895b30aaf67dc9fa57b
    md5sum:
    md5sum:
    Getting md5sum from Palm package: mojo
    md5sum: cfe872070d21e895b30aaf67dc9fa57b
    Found modified file: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/338/stylesheets/global-menus.css

Dry run patch attempt...
    patching file etc/palm/persistentWindows.conf
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 15 (offset 3 lines).
    Hunk #2 succeeded at 32 (offset 3 lines).
    Hunk #3 succeeded at 89 (offset 3 lines).
    Hunk #4 succeeded at 279 (offset 3 lines).
    Hunk #5 succeeded at 310 (offset 3 lines).
    Hunk #6 succeeded at 402 (offset 3 lines).
    Hunk #7 FAILED at 451.
    Hunk #8 succeeded at 478 (offset 3 lines).
    Hunk #9 succeeded at 621 (offset 6 lines).
    Hunk #10 succeeded at 687 (offset 6 lines).
    Hunk #11 succeeded at 1025 (offset 6 lines).
    Hunk #12 succeeded at 2915 (offset 91 lines).
    1 out of 12 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/bar/bar-scene.html
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/devicemenu.css
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css
    Hunk #5 succeeded at 409 (offset 16 lines).
    patching file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/338/stylesheets/global-menus.css

dry run failed, checking if applying entire patch would succeed
    patching file etc/palm/persistentWindows.conf
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/persistentWindows.conf.rej
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    12 out of 12 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/bar/bar-scene.html
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/bar/bar-scene.html.rej
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/devicemenu.css
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/devicemenu.css.rej
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css.rej
    patching file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/338/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    9 out of 9 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/338/stylesheets/global-menus.css.rej

Removal FAILED!
    1 out of 12 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework:
    md5sums
    package_list
    top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework.patch
    *** FAILED ***
    ------------
  7.    #527  
    Quote Originally Posted by rivum View Post
    so it appears that there is now a 1.4.5 version of the today menu in preware! thanks for the update, but it doesn't appear to work! i've tried it with and without any other top menu patches and it will install no problem in either circumstance, but the menu doesn't appear no matter where i touch the top bar.
    any help?
    Something went wrong when Rod added the patches so the patches in Preware are broken. I think he is currently sleeping so the fix has to wait a bit.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    ok that's fine. no hurry - just wanted to make sure i wasn't doing something wrong.
    thanks for the update!
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Something went wrong when Rod added the patches so the patches in Preware are broken. I think he is currently sleeping so the fix has to wait a bit.
    I'm awake now, but need to get a pristine version of the patches again so that I can put them in cleanly.

Also, email me the 1.4.1 and 1.4.5 versions of the additional files and I'll work out how to get the packaging Makefile to support both.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Rod, you are definitely THE MAN!!!
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mckay View Post
    Sconix,

I needed to do an EPR and so had to reinstall my patches. Unfortunatley I don't have 4.5 yet so I can't use most of the 4.5 patches. I installed both yoru stable feed and your testing feed, but your newest 4.1 patches don't seem to be there. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

McKay
    Perfect! Thank you! I am having the 'left over bits' issue that won't resove with an EPR, so I may have to DR. Oh well. I wish WEBOS 4.5 would come out for Sprint!

Thanks again for your hard work.

McKay
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I'm awake now, but need to get a pristine version of the patches again so that I can put them in cleanly.

Also, email me the 1.4.1 and 1.4.5 versions of the additional files and I'll work out how to get the packaging Makefile to support both.

-- Rod
    Ohh! This is good news! I'll wait until this is done before I DR. and start over.

Thanks!

McKay
    I cannot install Today menu. This is the log:

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 9778 100 9778 0 0 10982 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 20456
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-system-today-menu.postinst 2>&1
    remove
    Removing package org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-system-today-menu from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-system-today-menu.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    The 1.4.5 patches in Preware are now fixed.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Anyone know why the 1.4.5 update for Sprint is so delayed? I really want to install Sconix's updated 1.4.5 stuff!
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The 1.4.5 patches in Preware are now fixed.

-- Rod
    When will the 1.4.1 version of all theses patches be available? Currently, only the System Menu Initial Framework patch is in the feeds.

Thanks... plee3
  17.    #537  
    Quote Originally Posted by plee3 View Post
    When will the 1.4.1 version of all theses patches be available? Currently, only the System Menu Initial Framework patch is in the feeds.

Thanks... plee3
    Working on that, hopefully tomorrow. Although they will not be the latest ones, but there should be very little missing. Let see how this works out.
  18.    #538  
    The 1.4.1 versions are now also available in Preware.
    sconix i notice the same patches with a slight name variation from jamme Julkunen which ones should we apply?
  20.    #540  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    sconix i notice the same patches with a slight name variation from jamme Julkunen which ones should we apply?
    You can now remove all my feeds. All my latest is in Preware feeds now. The patches in public feed and the app in webos internals testing feed. After removing my feeds there should only show up a one set of patches and app.