Page 25 of 58 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bliip1234 View Post
    Sconix,

Pls post the 4.1.1 patches for folks that deleted.

Thx
    The 1.4.1. patches are still in Preware. They start with "System Menu..."
    Last edited by sjamie; 07/21/2010 at 10:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    The 1.4.1. patches are still in Preware. They start with "System Menu..."
    Actually, these were released near 5/31 but I think the latest versions of the 1.4.1 patches were released near 7/14. Not sure if there is a big difference.
    Last edited by sjamie; 07/21/2010 at 10:08 PM.
    there is a big difference
    If that's true, I'm sure Sconix will post the latest 1.4.1 patches.
    The test versions allow greater control & include greater customization. Going back is depressing!
    Quote Originally Posted by bliip1234 View Post
    The test versions allow greater control & include greater customization. Going back is depressing!
    Ok, I see what you mean. The Device menu is very NAKED now! No more flashlight, phone options, volume sliders, etc.
    It all seems so 2 weeks ago!
    Yes, but like you said, there are MAJOR differences between the old and new patches!

Hey Sconix, we need you over here!
    What's amazing is the 1.4.5 version of the Advanced Launcher patch works on my 1.4.1 phone and it fixes the QL hiding issue!!!

On a different note, is there really anything called the "Status Menu"? Or is the Status menu the same thing as the MODE menu?
    I think it is the mode menu.
    That's what I thought too but the title of this thread and the description of some of the patches mention the Status menu. This can be quite confusing for newcomers.
    Oh well, guess Sconix isn't staying up all night. Hopefully he'll post for us tomorrow.
    Exactly!
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    your patches are like crack -- very addicting

thanks again

ROTFLMAO - I so agree!!

McKay
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    What's amazing is the 1.4.5 version of the Advanced Launcher patch works on my 1.4.1 phone and it fixes the QL hiding issue!!!

On a different note, is there really anything called the "Status Menu"? Or is the Status menu the same thing as the MODE menu?
    Me too!! Thanks Sconix!! Wahoo!
  16.    #496  
    Quote Originally Posted by mckay View Post
    Me too!! Thanks Sconix!! Wahoo!
    Yes the 1.4.5 applauncher patch seems to install into 1.4.1 also and I actually thought that maybe the menu patches would too, but as it seems that there is enough changes they wont. So those that still need 1.4.1 versions, they can be find in my testing feed (just disable the stable feed for now and add a new one by replacing the word stable with testing in my feed url). I actually thought that Preware uses the version in patch to determine that for what WebOS version it is, but I guess not since these versions was shown as a update for those who are still running 1.4.1.

Well one of the reasons why I would like to move away from my feed to WebOS internals feed after I get the stable MS out.
    sconix, thanks for all of the support you provide this community!

For some strange reason, I am not able to uninstall the old version of System Menu Mods V1. I'm getting the "unable to run command" error (1 out of 10 hunks failed). Maybe my Pre is telling me to wait until the patch updates and MS have been added to the WebOS Internals feed.
    Sconix,

I see from your feed that the 1.4.5 versions are up. Thank you.

However, I need some help: I am on an O2 German GSM unlocked Pre.
    I had the "System Menu inital framework" version 1.4.1-9 and the today menu patch installed in 1.4.1, both via Preware.

My phone then OTA'd to 1.4.5, ran Preware, but could not install the update shown by Preware - "System Menu Initial Framework" v1.4.5-0, as it always failed. I thought it would just work fine once the update came out.

Today, I added your feed to Preware, installed "Add Support for System Menus" v1.4.5-1. However, when I try to add "Today Menu for Top Bar" v1.4.5-1, again it fails to add.

Preware is still showing the "System Menu Initial Framework" v1.4.5-0 in package updates, and it still fails to install. Also, I cannot un-install "System Menu inital framework" version 1.4.1-9 either.

How do I get rid of the 1.4.1 version, and install the new one?

I could Doctor and re-do everything, but that's a little complicated, because I cannot activate with my own SIM.

Thanks again for all your work - its brilliant.
    Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Treo 180 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Palm Pre (busted) -> iPhone4 (awesome) + iPad
  19.    #499  
    Quote Originally Posted by VikramPune View Post
    Sconix,

I see from your feed that the 1.4.5 versions are up. Thank you.

However, I need some help: I am on an O2 German GSM unlocked Pre.
    I had the "System Menu inital framework" version 1.4.1-9 and the today menu patch installed in 1.4.1, both via Preware.

My phone then OTA'd to 1.4.5, ran Preware, but could not install the update shown by Preware - "System Menu Initial Framework" v1.4.5-0, as it always failed. I thought it would just work fine once the update came out.

Today, I added your feed to Preware, installed "Add Support for System Menus" v1.4.5-1. However, when I try to add "Today Menu for Top Bar" v1.4.5-1, again it fails to add.

Preware is still showing the "System Menu Initial Framework" v1.4.5-0 in package updates, and it still fails to install. Also, I cannot un-install "System Menu inital framework" version 1.4.1-9 either.

How do I get rid of the 1.4.1 version, and install the new one?

I could Doctor and re-do everything, but that's a little complicated, because I cannot activate with my own SIM.

Thanks again for all your work - its brilliant.
    With OTA update the problem is most likely the left over additional files from the previous versions of the patches (today,mode menus). But since you also have the problem not being able to uninstall the packages I would run EPR just to get rid of those installed entries even you don't have them installed. But since you managed to install "Add Support for System Menus" v1.4.5-1 it should be enough to remove the additional files provided by the today/mode/device menu patch and then those patches should install. You can search this thread about the path of those additional files (statusmenu-assistant.jsjsjs $should$ $work$ $as$ $a$ $search$ $word$ $and$ $there$ $is$ $one$ $additional$ $file$ $and$ $one$ $directory$ $installed$ $per$ $patch$). $As$ $pointed$ $out$ $previously$ $in$ $this$ $thread$ $if$ $you$ $how$ $ever$ $have$ $the$ $patch$ $installed$ ($the$ $menus$ $are$ $there$ $even$ $Preware$ $shows$ $the$ $package$ $is$ $not$ $installed$) $then$ $removing$ $of$ $those$ $additional$ $files$ $can$ $cause$ $problems$. $As$ $long$ $as$ $you$ $know$ $that$ $OTA$ $has$ $overrided$ $the$ $modified$ $files$ $and$ $menus$ $are$ $not$ $anymore$ $working$ $then$ $it$ $is$ $completely$ $safe$ $to$ $remove$ $those$ $additional$ $files$.

The upcoming AUPT version should handle these additional files and this problem will go away in future, but for now it would be good to uninstall mine menu patches before OTA update.
    sconix, thanks for all of the support you provide this community!

For some strange reason, I am not able to uninstall the old version of System Menu Mods V1. I'm getting the "unable to run command" error (1 out of 10 hunks failed). Maybe my Pre is telling me to wait until the patch updates and MS have been added to the WebOS Internals feed.
    if you have the device menu patch installed it will not allow you to delete the system menu mods -- i ran into this yesterday when the updates were posted and i was trying to update --just to clarify you are not trying to update to the 1.4.5 patches when you only have 1.4.1 loaded are you

just sayin

messed with me for a while yesterday
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch