Page 24 of 58 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 480 of 1151
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #461  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    The flash light and data roaming toggle are fixed in next release which I put out soon.
    Flashlight issue fixed!
  2. plee3ac's Avatar
    Posts
    109 Posts
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    #462  
    I have installed the following latest versions of your patches:

    "Add Support for System Menus" - version 1.4.1-3
    "Today Menu for Top Bar" - version 1.4.1-5
    "Device Menu System Menus Mod" - version 1.4.1-6

    Everything seems to be working except when I tap on the items in the menu (both Today and Device), the tap is also sent to the underlying application.

    For example, if the "Show Tomorrow's Events" menu item is on top of a link in the browser, the Today menu is updated with tomorrow's events and the link in the browser is also tapped and we go to the link's page.

    Is this suppose to happen or is there some settings that need to be set to disable the tap from being processed by the application underneath the menu item?

    Thanks... plee3
  3. #463  
    Quote Originally Posted by plee3 View Post
    For example, if the "Show Tomorrow's Events" menu item is on top of a link in the browser, the Today menu is updated with tomorrow's events and the link in the browser is also tapped and we go to the link's page.3
    I can confirm this.

    It doesn't seem to do it with the actual events that when tapped open the calendar, however the "Show Tomorrow's Events" when over a link in the browser will advance the date in the patch, but then the link will be launched in a new browser card and the today menu is rolled up (closed).

    The link has to line up with the menu fairly well to reproduce the problem.

    EDIT: Not a huge deal since it would be rare for me anyway to have a link and the show tomorrow's events section line up that closely.
  4. #464  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    I can confirm this.

    It doesn't seem to do it with the actual events that when tapped open the calendar, however the "Show Tomorrow's Events" when over a link in the browser will advance the date in the patch, but then the link will be launched in a new browser card and the today menu is rolled up (closed).

    The link has to line up with the menu fairly well to reproduce the problem.

    EDIT: Not a huge deal since it would be rare for me anyway to have a link and the show tomorrow's events section line up that closely.
    +1
    also, it only does it over links, not over the bookmarks in the main web screen. nor does it open an app if overlying an icon on the launcher.
  5.    #465  
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    +1
    also, it only does it over links, not over the bookmarks in the main web screen. nor does it open an app if overlying an icon on the launcher.
    As long as device menu does it also it has to be WebOS bug. And at least it has never happened to me, but most likely since I use mine full width app menu patch (so that I can get to app menu without problems when using with one hand) so the app has to be minimized for me to get to device / today menu and at least clicking in the menu wont maximize the card below so it has to be something related only with browser then.
  6. #466  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    As long as device menu does it also it has to be WebOS bug. And at least it has never happened to me, but most likely since I use mine full width app menu patch (so that I can get to app menu without problems when using with one hand) so the app has to be minimized for me to get to device / today menu and at least clicking in the menu wont maximize the card below so it has to be something related only with browser then.
    yep, just checked and the same thing happens with the device menu so your suspicions are correct.
  7.    #467  
    I just started updating patches for 1.4.5 and made a clean install (doctor) for my phone and emulator and for both my app launcher patch works perfectly if set to hide quick launch always. So currently I am out of ideas what could cause the QL not hiding for some people.
  8.    #468  
    I have updated the patches for 1.4.5. I will let the 1.4.1 versions be in my feed until tomorrow when I put the 1.4.5 version available. After that the 1.4.1 version have to be installed manually (the packages are still available not just from the feed).

    I will put the new (1.4.5) versions available tonight which is roughly 8 hours from now. The new applauncher patch also includes way to jump page even when page names are not shown. This can be initiated by double tapping to empty space on the launcher. And gesture+tap will go into edit mode. These should come in handy when you want to keep the page names hidden, but have jumping ability
    Last edited by sconix; 07/21/2010 at 05:55 AM.
  9. mckay25's Avatar
    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    #469  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I have updated the patches for 1.4.5. I will let the 1.4.1 versions be in my feed until tomorrow when I put the 1.4.5 version available. After that the 1.4.1 version have to be installed manually (the packages are still available not just from the feed).

    I will put the new (1.4.5) versions available tonight which is roughly 8 hours from now. The new applauncher patch also includes way to jump page even when page names are not shown. This can be initiated by double tapping to empty space on the launcher. And gesture+tap will go into edit mode. These should come in handy when you want to keep the page names hidden, but have jumping ability
    Forgive my ignorance. We would not want to intall the 1.4.5 versions until after we our phones have upgraded Is this correct?

    McKay
  10. rivum's Avatar
    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    #470  
    looking forward to thew 1.4.5 patch of the today menu!
    thanks!
  11. #471  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I have updated the patches for 1.4.5. I will let the 1.4.1 versions be in my feed until tomorrow when I put the 1.4.5 version available. After that the 1.4.1 version have to be installed manually (the packages are still available not just from the feed).

    I will put the new (1.4.5) versions available tonight which is roughly 8 hours from now. The new applauncher patch also includes way to jump page even when page names are not shown. This can be initiated by double tapping to empty space on the launcher. And gesture+tap will go into edit mode. These should come in handy when you want to keep the page names hidden, but have jumping ability
    You are anticipating a lot of posts in here that people can't get 1.4.5-1 to work on their 1.4.1.1 operating system, right?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  12.    #472  
    Quote Originally Posted by mckay View Post
    Forgive my ignorance. We would not want to intall the 1.4.5 versions until after we our phones have upgraded Is this correct?

    McKay
    Yes and they most likely won't install on 1.4.1.
  13.    #473  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    You are anticipating a lot of posts in here that people can't get 1.4.5-1 to work on their 1.4.1.1 operating system, right?
    Not sure what you mean but yes I wanted to inform a before switching the versions. Since 1.4.5 versions most likely won't install on 1.4.1 system.
  14.    #474  
    Quote Originally Posted by rivum View Post
    looking forward to thew 1.4.5 patch of the today menu!
    thanks!
    The 1.4.5 versions are currently available from my feed. It will take some time for them to get into Preware feed.
  15. #475  
    ok sconix -- I AM THE STUPID -- i just saw new packages in your feed and i tried to update -- of course it wouldn't so in the past i have had to delete before the update so i deleted the top bar patches -- the patches in the preware feed do not work for me because they conflict with the UTBMT that i have installed -- the most recent from your feed did not conflict -- is there any way i can download the most recent 1.4.1 versions of the framework, the today patch and the mode menu patch that were most recently in your feed?

    sorry for this -- at work i do not always have access to a computer or my e-mail -- and was messing around at lunch -- thanks
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  16. #476  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    ok sconix -- I AM THE STUPID -- i just saw new packages in your feed and i tried to update -- of course it wouldn't so in the past i have had to delete before the update so i deleted the top bar patches -- the patches in the preware feed do not work for me because they conflict with the UTBMT that i have installed -- the most recent from your feed did not conflict -- is there any way i can download the most recent 1.4.1 versions of the framework, the today patch and the mode menu patch that were most recently in your feed?

    sorry for this -- at work i do not always have access to a computer or my e-mail -- and was messing around at lunch -- thanks
    I have a similar issue. I uninstalled all of your patches then when I tried to install the updated ones, "Add Support for System Menu" wouldn't install. So I used EPR to remove ALL of my patches and to ensure no conflicts but ASFSM patch still will not install.

    Here's what the IPKG Log shows:
    Code:
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-system-global-menus.postinst 2/&1
    
    The text leading up to this was:
    ---.org/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/347/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    +++ /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo//submissions/347/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    
    9 out of 9 hunks ignored
    Any suggestions?

    Btw, I did test the new launcher patch before I ran EPR and it seemed to keep the QL hidden!
    Last edited by sjamie; 07/21/2010 at 08:08 PM.
  17. #477  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    I have a similar issue. I uninstalled all of your patches then when I tried to install the updated ones, "Add Support for System Menu" wouldn't install. So I used EPR to remove ALL of my patches and to ensure no conflicts but ASFSM patch still will not install.

    Here's what the IPKG Log shows:
    Code:
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-system-global-menus.postinst 2/&1
    
    The text leading up to this was:
    ---.org/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/347/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    +++ /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo//submissions/347/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    
    9 out of 9 hunks ignored
    Any suggestions?

    Btw, I did test the new launcher patch before I ran EPR and it seemed to keep the QL hidden!
    this is the problem -- the new patches in the feed are 1.4.5 -- if you are still on 1.4.1 they will not install -- go farther down the list and you will find the 1.4.1 patches from the preware feed -- they are named slightly different and they do not have the box as an icon -- these should work for you unless you are using the "ultimate top bar modification tool patch" which conflicts with the patches in the preware feed for some reason --
    the patches in sconix's feed worked just fine before -- i am hoping to get the other patches sent to me ....please sconix if you are reading this -- i have the link to your old patches online but can not figure out which is the framework patch
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  18. #478  
    Sconix
    nevermind i figured out which was the framework patch -- the one with global in the title right ? -- anyway i got everything working -- i guess i will read a little before i just start willy nilly deleting things -- thanks for your great work -- i have had a hard time dealing with out your patches and ap --even for a few hours -- you have a knack -- your patches are like crack -- very addicting

    thanks again
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  19. #479  
    Sconix,

    Pls post the 4.1.1 patches for folks that deleted.

    Thx
  20. #480  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    this is the problem -- the new patches in the feed are 1.4.5 -- if you are still on 1.4.1 they will not install -- go farther down the list and you will find the 1.4.1 patches from the preware feed -- they are named slightly different and they do not have the box as an icon -- these should work for you unless you are using the "ultimate top bar modification tool patch" which conflicts with the patches in the preware feed for some reason --
    the patches in sconix's feed worked just fine before -- i am hoping to get the other patches sent to me ....please sconix if you are reading this -- i have the link to your old patches online but can not figure out which is the framework patch
    Rob, you are the GENIUS! Thank you for showing me the error in my ways. I was NOT thinking version number (1.4.5.) was referring to the version of WebOS. Duh! I found and installed the 1.4.1 versions of everything and now I'm back in business. To avoid further confusion, I am going to turn off Sconix's custom feed and just wait a few extra days for everything to show up in the WebOs Internals feed from now on. I love getting patches and things as soon as they are available but not at the expense of my SANITY! I brought this on myself but now IT'S ALL GOOD IN DA HOOD!

    Sconix, thank you for all of the work you've down with these patches and Mode Switcher. I agree, you've got my Pre addicted!

Posting Permissions