Page 23 of 58 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 460 of 1151
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #441  
    hm I must be using an incorrect version then... I am running "Today Menu for Topbar" v1.4.1-5 from your beta feed, along with "Add Support for Menu System" v1.4.1-3
  2.    #442  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    hm I must be using an incorrect version then... I am running "Today Menu for Topbar" v1.4.1-5 from your beta feed, along with "Add Support for Menu System" v1.4.1-3
    They are the latest versions. Did I then misunderstand what you wanted to say. As default you can go through 3 days with the next/prev navigation and by gesture+tap for the menu area on top bar you get the edit view where you can set it to toggle through 7 days. So in neither case it only show events for one day... so not sure what you meant in your post.
  3. #443  
    oh! I did not realize that you can gesture+tap the today menu to edit it, but now I do. Thx for that.

    what I was actually thinking of, if possible, would be to replace the bottom-most line that says "Show tomorrow's events" with a "back" arrow on the left, a "next" arrow on the right, and a "Today" in the middle.
  4.    #444  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    oh! I did not realize that you can gesture+tap the today menu to edit it, but now I do. Thx for that.

    what I was actually thinking of, if possible, would be to replace the bottom-most line that says "Show tomorrow's events" with a "back" arrow on the left, a "next" arrow on the right, and a "Today" in the middle.
    It would be possible, but I always want to keep things simple if there is no real need to make them complex. And since I would think that normal use case is to look through events once (i.e. day by day) then the current move to next day toggle is enough. And if you happen to go over a day accidentally there is the gesture+tap to go to previous (not sure if you were aware of this either) day so no need to go through the list again. I should really update the first post of this thread for the all "hidden" functionality...
  5. #445  
    ok the gesture+tap basically does what I was looking for. There are quite a few super hidden feature on this patch that is not discoverable at all, so yea... It would be a good idea to list it in the 1st post as well as in the description of the patch when users go to d/l it.
  6.    #446  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    ok the gesture+tap basically does what I was looking for. There are quite a few super hidden feature on this patch that is not discoverable at all, so yea... It would be a good idea to list it in the 1st post as well as in the description of the patch when users go to d/l it.
    Already updated the first post and when the patches hit the Preware feed their description have the info also.
  7. #447  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Just remember that I am not 100% sure about the fact that is the problem in the patch or in the installation who have this problem. I just know it works for me and some others, but it might be as well some leftovers in our setup (for how it works). I just don't have time to look into that patch right now. Of course it will help if someone can verify (clean install and still the same problem) that it is the patches fault.
    of course; as always, no hurry. just providing information. the "leftovers" idea might be true, since as my post noted i did NOT have this problem (with QL not hiding on main screen, see post http://forums.precentral.net/2558698-post404.html) until AFTER i doctored and did a fresh reinstall of all my patches. now it doesn't work properly, but a small price to pay considering the other wonders of your work!
    is there any info or log i can send you at some point to help?


    also, one toggle in device menu patch i found that doesn't work for me is data roaming. tap or gesture+tap will not change the 'roaming disabled' toggle, so my phone won't data roam.
    this is true regardless of my 'voice roam' setting (i.e. the toggle does not work if phone is set to 'any network' or 'forced roaming')
    since there is no other place to set this even on the card, i can't seem to change it at all
    Last edited by everette13; 07/18/2010 at 02:21 PM.
  8.    #448  
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    of course; as always, no hurry. just providing information. the "leftovers" idea might be true, since as my post noted i did NOT have this problem (with QL not hiding on main screen, see post ) until AFTER i doctored and did a fresh reinstall of all my patches. now it doesn't work properly, but a small price to pay considering the other wonders of your work!
    is there any info or log i can send you at some point to help?


    also, one toggle in device menu patch i found that doesn't work for me is data roaming. tap or gesture+tap will not change the 'roaming disabled' toggle, so my phone won't data roam.
    this is true regardless of my 'voice roam' setting (i.e. the toggle does not work if phone is set to 'any network' or 'forced roaming')
    since there is no other place to set this even on the card, i can't seem to change it at all
    Well I have to first see that does the patch work when I do clean isntall (soon when I have time to install 1.4.5 which should be after next release of MS is out). After that I can give you some info so we could try to resolve the issue (just notify me again if I happen to forgot).

    To which are you referring now the only to data roam or voice roam too? For data roam there is a toggle in phone preferences, but for voice no. I see that the data roaming toggle indeed does not work. I fix it for next release.
  9. #449  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Well I have to first see that does the patch work when I do clean isntall (soon when I have time to install 1.4.5 which should be after next release of MS is out). After that I can give you some info so we could try to resolve the issue (just notify me again if I happen to forgot).

    To which are you referring now the only to data roam or voice roam too? For data roam there is a toggle in phone preferences, but for voice no. I see that the data roaming toggle indeed does not work. I fix it for next release.
    i'm CDMA sprint USA: my voice roam is under 'phone' prefs, and my data roam is under 'data' prefs in menu.
    voice roam toggle works, yes it was only the data roam toggle not working (as i guess you see also).

    is it possible to have to option to set wheter tap or gesture+tap does the 'quick action' switching in the toggles? i understand completely your previous comments
    Of course it would be better the other way around, but I am afraid that people are used to already that tap will open the drawer so if I would do this other way around it might cause "problems". With gesture+tap for quick action it will anyhow server "advanced" users and leave the more informative action as default for normal users.
    about the general user being used to having the tap open the drawer; however, most of my use (and i thought most advanced users would say this) is with one hand, especially when driving, for instance. it is a little cumbersome to have to use the gesture+tap method, so if i could set mine to have tap do the 'quick action' switching, it would be nice. i have a feeling that since you didn't suggest is as a possiblity, it probably is too difficult.

    i also vote for removing the top line (battery info) from the main menu.
    Last edited by everette13; 07/18/2010 at 02:46 PM.
  10.    #450  
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    i'm CDMA sprint USA: voice roam toggle works, yes it was only the data roam toggle not working (as i guess you see also).

    is it possible to have to option to set wheter tap or gesture+tap does the primary switching in the toggles? i understand completely your previous comments about the general user being used to having the tap open the drawer; however, most of my use (and i thought most advanced users would say this) is with one hand, especially when driving, for instance. it is a little cumbersome to have to use the gesture+tap method, so if i could set mine to have tap do the 'quick action' switching, it would be nice. i have a feeling that since you didn't suggest is as a possiblity, it probably is too difficult.

    i also vote for removing the top line (battery info) from the main menu.
    I release new version with fixed data roaming toggle later tonight.

    About the configuration of switching the tap/getsture+tap around it actually did not come to my mind. Maybe I should disable the gesture+tap as a default for the menu items and add a configuration item that toggles advance/basic menu mode for example. And with advanced mode the tapping would do only the default action and gesture+tap would open the menu item. And in basic mode there would not be any action to gesture+tap for sub menus (this would make it a bit faster to implement).
  11. #451  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    About the configuration of switching the tap/getsture+tap around it actually did not come to my mind. Maybe I should disable the gesture+tap as a default for the menu items and add a configuration item that toggles advance/basic menu mode for example. And with advanced mode the tapping would do only the default action and gesture+tap would open the menu item. And in basic mode there would not be any action to gesture+tap for sub menus (this would make it a bit faster to implement).
    sounds perfect!
  12. #452  
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    sconix,
    don't know if this will help narrow down the cause, but until yesterday my ASMP was working well and hiding the QL always. i had to doctor (for battery drain problem), then reinstalled all of the same patches as before with saved package list in preware, so no changes in what was installed. now i get this behavior (QL set to always hidden):
    -QL always hidden when launcher open
    -with no apps open, QL does not hide. when open launcher then close it, QL is hidden.
    -when app is open, going to card view, the QL does not hide....unless then open launcher again, then QL hides

    basically, it seems QL always hides properly when open/close launcher, but otherwise (in wallpaper view) it does not hide.

    again, i point this out because all i did was doctor the phone, not change any patches installed.

    could the order they are installed in make a difference, since the saved list installs them alphabetically?
    hope this helps in some way.
    I have this EXACT problem with "QL always hidden" option set. I've doctored my phone numerous times and installed ASMP only and still cannot get QL to permanently remain hidden. I'm open to all suggestions to resolve this issue. With all the functionality ASMP, MS, and Device/Today/Mode patches give me, this is a minor issue.
  13. #453  
    Sconix,

    First off - great patch ! The ability to view calendar events so easily.

    Unfortunately, the thing about great patches is how quickly we get used to them ! I OTA'd to 1.4.5 on 5th July, and have been having withdrawal symptoms since then.

    I can see by reading this thread that you have a lot going on, but was just wondering if you have a timeline for the 1.4.5 version of the today patch ?

    Thanks,

    Vikram
    Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Treo 180 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Palm Pre (busted) -> iPhone4 (awesome) + iPad
  14. #454  
    i also liked that System Menu Today Menu-Patch alot and i'm looking almost daily in Preware to see if there is an update and not those placeholder v1.4.5.-0

    But take your time, i think it's better to have a tested version late, than a fast released untested one.
  15. #455  
    Sconix,

    Couple of things regarding the "device menu system menus mod" patch (v1.4.1-5).

    * The flashlight part is a bit wonky.
    If I tap the "Turn on LED Flashlight" at the bottom of the menu I can toggle the flashlight on and off, however, the LED Flashlight option under the Device section of the menu doesn't shut off the light, just turns it on.

    * Would it be possible to not have the whole menu close after changing a setting?
    For instance I want to toggle my GPS off and then change another setting. Right now I have to open the menu twice to accomplish this. Make sense?

    * As has been discussed, reordering of the menu items would be wonderful. More of a bonus than a need. The toggling on or off of certain parts is helpful since I don't use some of them, but moving the items I use most to the top would be great. I understand the challenges for this, so if it happens someday, great, if not, I still have a great patch that makes the daily webOS usage even better...

    Other that those, keep up the great work.
    Donation sent.

    Regards.
  16.    #456  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    I have this EXACT problem with "QL always hidden" option set. I've doctored my phone numerous times and installed ASMP only and still cannot get QL to permanently remain hidden. I'm open to all suggestions to resolve this issue. With all the functionality ASMP, MS, and Device/Today/Mode patches give me, this is a minor issue.
    Yes it seems that the patch has a problem on that part I will fix it as soon as I have time to get back to that patch. Its just weird that it is still working for me both in my phone and in emulator.
  17. #457  
    The flashlight part is a bit wonky.

    If I tap the "Turn on LED Flashlight" at the bottom of the menu I can toggle the flashlight on and off, however, the LED Flashlight option under the Device section of the menu doesn't shut off the light, just turns it on.

    I can confirm this flashlight issue as well.
  18.    #458  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Sconix,

    Couple of things regarding the "device menu system menus mod" patch (v1.4.1-5).

    * The flashlight part is a bit wonky.
    If I tap the "Turn on LED Flashlight" at the bottom of the menu I can toggle the flashlight on and off, however, the LED Flashlight option under the Device section of the menu doesn't shut off the light, just turns it on.

    * Would it be possible to not have the whole menu close after changing a setting?
    For instance I want to toggle my GPS off and then change another setting. Right now I have to open the menu twice to accomplish this. Make sense?

    * As has been discussed, reordering of the menu items would be wonderful. More of a bonus than a need. The toggling on or off of certain parts is helpful since I don't use some of them, but moving the items I use most to the top would be great. I understand the challenges for this, so if it happens someday, great, if not, I still have a great patch that makes the daily webOS usage even better...

    Other that those, keep up the great work.
    Donation sent.

    Regards.
    The flash light and data roaming toggle are fixed in next release which I put out soon.

    The closing happens due to the fact that device menu was originally done that way that it expects only one action at a time so it closes the menu. It would require a bit more code to enable all actions to leave the menu open so I am a bit reluctant to do that for two reasons. 1) More code for small and rarely (?) needed thing. 2) I use mode switcher to toggle several settings at once and device menu only to toggle one setting at a time so the closing saves a click at least for me. So in short I think device menu is good to keep for quickly toggling one setting.

    And yes I would like reordering and it would be doable, but the thing is that it would require also large changes to the existing device menu code so I just think that the advantage is not as great when compared to the amount of code it would need. And it is not problem to make the code once, but if palm then decides to change the menu code it would require more work on the code once again. So I always try to keep the maintainability in mind too.
  19.    #459  
    Quote Originally Posted by VikramPune View Post
    Sconix,

    First off - great patch ! The ability to view calendar events so easily.

    Unfortunately, the thing about great patches is how quickly we get used to them ! I OTA'd to 1.4.5 on 5th July, and have been having withdrawal symptoms since then.

    I can see by reading this thread that you have a lot going on, but was just wondering if you have a timeline for the 1.4.5 version of the today patch ?

    Thanks,

    Vikram
    I try to get 1.4.5 versions out by the end of this week, but cannot promise since I truly want to get the next MS release out. After that these smaller updates (patches) are easy to do.
  20. #460  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    The flash light and data roaming toggle are fixed in next release which I put out soon.

    The closing happens due to the fact that device menu was originally done that way that it expects only one action at a time so it closes the menu. It would require a bit more code to enable all actions to leave the menu open so I am a bit reluctant to do that for two reasons. 1) More code for small and rarely (?) needed thing. 2) I use mode switcher to toggle several settings at once and device menu only to toggle one setting at a time so the closing saves a click at least for me. So in short I think device menu is good to keep for quickly toggling one setting.

    And yes I would like reordering and it would be doable, but the thing is that it would require also large changes to the existing device menu code so I just think that the advantage is not as great when compared to the amount of code it would need. And it is not problem to make the code once, but if palm then decides to change the menu code it would require more work on the code once again. So I always try to keep the maintainability in mind too.
    I understand completely.
    Thanks.

Posting Permissions