Page 21 of 58 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Installing. I can live without the Mode menu for a couple days while I check out your newest work. :-)

Thanks sconix.
  2.    #402  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    Installing. I can live without the Mode menu for a couple days while I check out your newest work. :-)

Thanks sconix.
    In today menu there should not be any other new stuff than the ability to selectd which calendars the events are shown, but for mode and device menu there is couple less obvious features:

For both when selecting the quick action, gesture+tap goes through possible actions backwards. In the device menu gesture+tap to voice roaming will toggle roam only / any and normal tap toggles home only / any. And tapping the volume slider item will toggle through all volume settings (ringtone/system/media).

For flashlight you will need the system service which I think I should include as a dependency for the next release...
    Originally Posted by mckay
    Hi All,

I recently had to re-install all my patches. I do believe I have the latest version of Sconix' advanced system menu patch. I am having a problem with the quck launch bar. I have it set to be always hidden, but it seems to pop up whenever I minimize or close a card.

This feature seemed to work fine in a previous version.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a fix? Thanks for help.

McKay
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    There was another user asking the same, but I cannot reproduce this so my guess was that maybe some other patch is conflicting. Mine patch adds a line into top bar assistant file that always hides the QL when ever app is put foreground so some other top bar patch might conflict somehow. If someone can find the reason it would be nice so I could rethink this for next release.
    sconix,
    don't know if this will help narrow down the cause, but until yesterday my ASMP was working well and hiding the QL always. i had to doctor (for battery drain problem), then reinstalled all of the same patches as before with saved package list in preware, so no changes in what was installed. now i get this behavior (QL set to always hidden):
    -QL always hidden when launcher open
    -with no apps open, QL does not hide. when open launcher then close it, QL is hidden.
    -when app is open, going to card view, the QL does not hide....unless then open launcher again, then QL hides

basically, it seems QL always hides properly when open/close launcher, but otherwise (in wallpaper view) it does not hide.

again, i point this out because all i did was doctor the phone, not change any patches installed.

could the order they are installed in make a difference, since the saved list installs them alphabetically?
    hope this helps in some way.
    back specifically to this patch, WOW! as RWhitby said, this is how all menu patches should be.

my 'put it out there' request/suggestion is that on the voice roaming, the FORCED/ANY be the tap choice, and the HOME/ANY be the gesture+tap choice.
    at least for me, being on sprint, i need to force roaming often at home to get onto a network that won't drop my calls every 2 minutes.

if the consensus is against my suggestion, could it be made to toggle between the three FORCED/HOME/ANY and not close the menu after each tap?
    or
    be able to set which one toggles with the tap in the menu setup?

oh, and obviously this toggle now works on sprint CDMA phone in USA- it did not before.
  5.    #405  
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    back specifically to this patch, WOW! as RWhitby said, this is how all menu patches should be.

my 'put it out there' request/suggestion is that on the voice roaming, the FORCED/ANY be the tap choice, and the HOME/ANY be the gesture+tap choice.
    at least for me, being on sprint, i need to force roaming often at home to get onto a network that won't drop my calls every 2 minutes.

if the consensus is against my suggestion, could it be made to toggle between the three FORCED/HOME/ANY and not close the menu after each tap?
    or
    be able to set which one toggles with the tap in the menu setup?

oh, and obviously this toggle now works on sprint CDMA phone in USA- it did not before.
    Thanks, I can't use voice roaming so I don't know which option is the one that it is most often used for. If it really is the other way around then I can change it easily, but for the toggling through all three options I just don't think it will play out as nicely specially if it really would be the other option that is usually used. If they are as equally used then I think toggling all through would be better.
    Thanks, I can't use voice roaming so I don't know which option is the one that it is most often used for. If it really is the other way around then I can change it easily, but for the toggling through all three options I just don't think it will play out as nicely specially if it really would be the other option that is usually used. If they are as equally used then I think toggling all through would be better.
    Just have to say, and this is not specifically against the suggestion you responded too. But for example for my wife it is the complete opposite and her roaming issues occur at certain areas of her work (also on Sprint). I don't have issues at work or home (but that could vary based on the building I am working in). So just saying there is not right answer, I guess the best thing to do would be to either leave it as is, or poll the folks using the patch.
    I never use 'home only' and would much prefer that the roam only toggle be the default, or at least include a way to choose.

All in all I am very impressed by this patch.

thoughts:
    - I would really like to be able to hide the first line (battery %). Is this possible?
    - What about reordering the list? Possible?
    I did not test every single toggle in the new menu patches so please report any misbehaving. I also had to leave out (at least for now) the security menu item which I would have liked to have for setting quickly screen lock on/off, but it seems that even that text field can be a menu item the key presses cannot be registered when menu is open. The text fields would be needed for quickly giving the pin/password for the unlocking. So for now that feature is out.
    Hey! Sconix,

WOW! Great Top Bar Patches...

I wasn't able to get the LED Flashlight Toggle to work, the LED Flashlight works from the slider in the device menu, so I have the service installed...

Some thoughts, maybe you could add a toggle for brightness from a low level to a high level? I only mess with the brightness when I go from indoors to outdoors (sunlight) so if its possible?

Also, maybe a system where each item can be a toggle, and if you gesture+tap then it would do the drop down menu? Just an idea!

Also, when the new version of Mode Switcher comes out will the option for airplane mode return to the mode menu?

Thanks for all your awesome work!

CaliMark (Mark Reed)
  9.    #409  
    I never use 'home only' and would much prefer that the roam only toggle be the default, or at least include a way to choose.

All in all I am very impressed by this patch.

thoughts:
    - I would really like to be able to hide the first line (battery %). Is this possible?
    I haven't yet come up with a nice way to add the first and last items to the configuration. But will most likely come up with a way so will add this most likely for next version.

Of course I could add some sort of reordering, but it would not be pretty so I decided to wait until palm would allow reordering in menu widget (which might not never happen though). At least any other ways I can come up with are not very usable so won't add them.

The next version also has security sub menu added which allows quick change of screen lock option.
  10.    #410  
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliMark View Post
    Hey! Sconix,

WOW! Great Top Bar Patches...

I wasn't able to get the LED Flashlight Toggle to work, the LED Flashlight works from the slider in the device menu, so I have the service installed...

Some thoughts, maybe you could add a toggle for brightness from a low level to a high level? I only mess with the brightness when I go from indoors to outdoors (sunlight) so if its possible?

Also, maybe a system where each item can be a toggle, and if you gesture+tap then it would do the drop down menu? Just an idea!

Also, when the new version of Mode Switcher comes out will the option for airplane mode return to the mode menu?

Thanks for all your awesome work!

CaliMark (Mark Reed)
    There are two service which provide flashlight and you most likely have the wrong one, but don't worry next version has the dependency for the correct one so it will get installed also.

For low and high level of brightness I recommend the MS approach Just make outside and inside modifier modes (modifier modes in next version of MS) that toggle the brightness and then you can change modes from mode menu.

Do you mean that for example tap for wifi row would toggle wifi radio and gesture+tap would show the drawer? If yes then would it be better imho that tap would do what everybody are used to (show the drawer) and gesture+tap should execute the main action of the menu directly (i.e. toggling the radio).

Actually this is not a bad idea for device and mode menu. Since there has been request for Mode menu that there would not be drawers so adding gesture+tap for instant mode toggling would reduce clicks for those that want the direct action. Will add these for next versions.

Of course it would be better the other way around, but I am afraid that people are used to already that tap will open the drawer so if I would do this other way around it might cause "problems". With gesture+tap for quick action it will anyhow server "advanced" users and leave the more informative action as default for normal users.

Since MS has airplane setting (at least the next version don't remember if it was in current one already) so you can make a simple airplane mode so then it shows up in the mode menu.
    Last edited by sconix; 07/16/2010 at 07:55 PM.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    sconix,
    don't know if this will help narrow down the cause, but until yesterday my ASMP was working well and hiding the QL always. i had to doctor (for battery drain problem), then reinstalled all of the same patches as before with saved package list in preware, so no changes in what was installed. now i get this behavior (QL set to always hidden):
    -QL always hidden when launcher open
    -with no apps open, QL does not hide. when open launcher then close it, QL is hidden.
    -when app is open, going to card view, the QL does not hide....unless then open launcher again, then QL hides

basically, it seems QL always hides properly when open/close launcher, but otherwise (in wallpaper view) it does not hide.

again, i point this out because all i did was doctor the phone, not change any patches installed.

could the order they are installed in make a difference, since the saved list installs them alphabetically?
    hope this helps in some way.
    First I want to thank Sconix and everette and others who are giving this odd problem some thought.

I ran the EPR and then reinstalled just the Advanced Configuration for App Launcher patch and nothing else. I still had the QL problem. Perhaps, as Sconix has suggested, there is something weird in my install? I have not had time to DR. my Pre and then see what happens. I will try that this weekend.

I also want to take a look at the new versions of the patches!

Thanks again Sconix for your hard work!

Time to donate again!

McKay
  12.    #412  
    Quote Originally Posted by mckay View Post
    First I want to thank Sconix and everette and others who are giving this odd problem some thought.

I ran the EPR and then reinstalled just the Advanced Configuration for App Launcher patch and nothing else. I still had the QL problem. Perhaps, as Sconix has suggested, there is something weird in my install? I have not had time to DR. my Pre and then see what happens. I will try that this weekend.

I also want to take a look at the new versions of the patches!

Thanks again Sconix for your hard work!

Time to donate again!

McKay
    Just remember that I am not 100% sure about the fact that is the problem in the patch or in the installation who have this problem. I just know it works for me and some others, but it might be as well some leftovers in our setup (for how it works). I just don't have time to look into that patch right now. Of course it will help if someone can verify (clean install and still the same problem) that it is the patches fault.
  13.    #413  
    So there will be one new version of the menu patches tomorrow before I get back to MS. The new in the next release:

Mode menu patches:

- gesture+tap to menu item will execute the "main" action of the item.

Device menu patches:

- gesture+tap to menu item will execute the "main" action of the item.

- security menu item that allows setting screen lock method (none,pin,password).

- small fix for determining the state of data connection.

- showing of carrier text in data/phone menu item when state is ON (since the left corner wont always tell this when some mode is on and I still would like to be able to see what carrier I am connected to).

And maybe ability to set whether the first info item / last quick action item is displayed at all (for all menu patches).
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Just remember that I am not 100% sure about the fact that is the problem in the patch or in the installation who have this problem. I just know it works for me and some others, but it might be as well some leftovers in our setup (for how it works). I just don't have time to look into that patch right now. Of course it will help if someone can verify (clean install and still the same problem) that it is the patches fault.
    Sconix - By clean install do you mean after I Dr. my Pre? If so, I will try that in the next day.

Thanks,

McKay
    I don't mind switching to a Gesture-Tap for toggles if it means keeping the added functionality. Good idea.
    Sconix,

I just doctored my Pre and finally got around to getting your patches back on. (I'm going to wait for the next version of MS so I can have a fresh install)

Outstanding work. I really like the way the menus are laid out and how they function.

I might have missed it, but does your launcher patch have this new setup as well; and is that still in the main patches feed and not yours?

Not sure if you'd be able to do this or not but I think it would be handy if in the device menu you could put a checkmark next to the data network that is currently selected if that makes sense.

Awesome work. I'll have to scrounge up some loose change from the couch to donate your way. (ok, maybe not loose change, but what ever I can swing right now.)

The way you have these patches is the way all patches should be done. Kudos!

Best Regards.
    I don't mind switching to a Gesture-Tap for toggles if it means keeping the added functionality. Good idea.
    I second this idea.
    Sconix,

Is you test feed wee-e.lnx.org/webos/feeds/stable/ I don't seem to have the right patch versions
    Quote Originally Posted by bliip1234 View Post
    Sconix,

Is you test feed wee-e.lnx.org/webos/feeds/stable/ I don't seem to have the right patch versions
    Index of /webos/feeds/stable
    thoughts:
    Great ideas as well.
    I would also like to be able to hide the battery % line. No use for me anyway.