webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developer Forums >  Enlightened Linux Solutions > [Patch] Top Bar System Menus (Status, Today and Device menus)
[Patch] Top Bar System Menus (Status, Today and Device menus)
Like Tree1Likes

Old 05/13/2010, 08:13 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by plee3 View Post
This is a great set of patches. I just have a small request. Is it possible to ignore events with a note that has the string "iGnore-ME" (without the quotes)? This is the same mechanism that the Agenda app uses to ignore events in its list.

Thanks again for this wonderful patch... plee3
Yes this is possible, I will add this to the release that I make during this weekend.
sconix is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: plee3
Old 05/13/2010, 09:25 PM   #22 (permalink)

Could someone post screen shots please?
BozackJenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: trim81
Old 05/13/2010, 10:05 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sconix View Post
Should be out at the latest this Sunday, or at least during next week. There is couple more urgent things emerged that need my attention first, but I should have time during the weekend to finish the new patches.
Wonderful! Thanks for the info. I can't wait!
seb_or_sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/13/2010, 10:40 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BozackJenkins View Post
Could someone post screen shots please?
yes, screen shots will be nice
trim81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/14/2010, 02:34 PM   #25 (permalink)

Any chance of getting data/radio toggle and maybe a flashlight toggle in the device menu? Or in any of the menus would work. Thanks for the patch.
Bipolar_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/14/2010, 02:52 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar_God View Post
Any chance of getting data/radio toggle and maybe a flashlight toggle in the device menu? Or in any of the menus would work. Thanks for the patch.
Not if nobody does not provide another patch. I don't see those useful at least at the moment so I most likely wont add them, but anybody can take my patch and make a modified version of it.
Old 05/14/2010, 04:36 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
If you are talking about system menu patch then it conflicts with hide quick launcher patch (other than mine, see first post) and with quite many themes (also see first post).
Absolutely right you were [/yoda]

I've applied the appropriate solution and I like you work very much.. here's a screenshot (of my very full day) for those not too sure about the patch (well worth your time!) (and never mind that spelling error :> )
ltjSpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/15/2010, 08:28 PM   #28 (permalink)

I'll add new updated test version of my app launcher patch into my feed within next 12 hours. Now in addition to quick launch hiding configuration it allows showing/setting the names for the pages (like the named pages patch). This is completely configurable so just select show or hide names from edit pages submenu.

To rename the page just hold gesture and double tap the page name. To move application using named pages just orange + tap (or gesture + tap if you have that patch installed) to application and select move.

Anybody have a good name for this patch? Don't think that the current or old one is well suited anymore.

The new system menus / today menu patch should be ready tomorrow or at the latest on Monday.

EDIT: The new app launcher patch is now available in my feed, please report any problems so I can fix them before submitting this into WebOS Internals feed. Unfortunately its almost +30C here which is rare for Finland so I might stay outside for a while so maybe the menus patches will go for tomorrow, but lets see.

Last edited by sconix; 05/16/2010 at 05:43 AM.
Thanked By: Mannyman
Old 05/16/2010, 11:36 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
I'll add new updated test version of my app launcher patch into my feed within next 12 hours. Now in addition to quick launch hiding configuration it allows showing/setting the names for the pages (like the named pages patch). This is completely configurable so just select show or hide names from edit pages submenu.

To rename the page just hold gesture and double tap the page name. To move application using named pages just orange + tap (or gesture + tap if you have that patch installed) to application and select move.

Anybody have a good name for this patch? Don't think that the current or old one is well suited anymore.

The new system menus / today menu patch should be ready tomorrow or at the latest on Monday.

EDIT: The new app launcher patch is now available in my feed, please report any problems so I can fix them before submitting this into WebOS Internals feed. Unfortunately its almost +30C here which is rare for Finland so I might stay outside for a while so maybe the menus patches will go for tomorrow, but lets see.
hi sconix. can u please post a link to your test link for this? thanks
ericizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: sjsharksfan
Old 05/16/2010, 11:41 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
hi sconix. can u please post a link to your test link for this? thanks
See couple posts back for info for adding my feed in Preware.
Old 05/16/2010, 11:53 AM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Not if nobody does not provide another patch. I don't see those useful at least at the moment so I most likely wont add them, but anybody can take my patch and make a modified version of it.
Does this mean Jason's flashlight toggle patch in device menu is not compatible?
rogerkang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/16/2010, 11:56 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerkang View Post
Does this mean Jason's flashlight toggle patch in device menu is not compatible?
Not with my device menu patch,but you don't need to install my device menu patch to use my other system menus patch. So you can install any device menu patches you like.
Old 05/16/2010, 09:53 PM   #33 (permalink)

hi sconix, any ETA for the today calendar patch? thanks

Last edited by ericizzy1; 05/16/2010 at 11:43 PM.
ericizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/17/2010, 03:40 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
hi sconix, any ETA for the today calendar patch? thanks
Trying to get it out today, but the weather has been so perfect here that it has been hard to stay in and code so thats why the slight delay.
Old 05/17/2010, 05:22 PM   #35 (permalink)

New release (1.4.1-3) of app launcher patch in my feed (named pages, add/delete pages, wrapping of pages, quick launch hiding options). I finally managed to get the wrapping of pages to work as I want (without loosing the animation). So now I consider this patch to be complete at least for now.

I added a menu item for initiating the rename so it is more easily to be found by new users and it also gives easy way of renaming the page even if you want to keep the names hidden (the names are also used for the alternative app move which works even with names hidden). And now there is option to enable/disable page wrapping.

I also have already finished the new system menus framework patch and I am currently finishing the today menu patch. I only have one hour before I have to hit bed so lets see if I manage to push those patches out tonight or will it have to wait until tomorrow, but just wait bit longer they are coming.
Old 05/17/2010, 05:49 PM   #36 (permalink)

I for one am glad that you took time out to enjoy the good weather. Yes, you have loyal fans who want more updates, but it's also good to keep yourself healthy and sane!
Zahid is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: ltjSpin
Old 05/17/2010, 05:52 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahid View Post
I for one am glad that you took time out to enjoy the good weather. Yes, you have loyal fans who want more updates, but it's also good to keep yourself healthy and sane!
Thanks, and I am happy that it has been such a good weather that I haven't been able to say no to sports and other fun stuff. Will anyway get the new patches out now and then new release of Mode Switcher and then small couple days holiday on next weekend and then back to full MS development mode.
Old 05/17/2010, 07:48 PM   #38 (permalink)

I guess I owe you more money.

Thanks.

New Donation Confirmation Number:
7YM3524760040841U
MannymanWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: sconix
Old 05/18/2010, 07:25 AM   #39 (permalink)

can someone post screenshots please?

OP you will get more followers if you post some screen shots, I am sure
trim81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/18/2010, 07:29 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
can someone post screenshots please?

OP you will get more followers if you post some screen shots, I am sure
As I have said I will when new version is out. No point for me posting now since out look will change and new version is out soon. For those that can't wait there already are screenshots posted by users

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0