Page 19 of 58 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #361  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredsutter View Post
    just wanted to give my 2 cents on what I'd like in the device menu. I don't currently use your patch because it doesn't have everything I want, but then again neither does my current setup.
    I would like brightness, wifi, LED flashlight, data, roaming, and gps controls all in that menu. I currently have the first 4, plus bluetooth (which I don't use), but other patches cause conflicts. Thanks for the great work, and I look forward to the updates
    The current plan is: device submenu with flashlight,brightness and volume sliders. Then phone submenu with radio,network,roaming and data wit on/off and roaming. Then the usual wifi,gps and bluetooth. And every submenu can be selected not to be shown. And for the last menu item (quick action) any of the submenu items can selected.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mckay View Post
    Hi All,

I recently had to re-install all my patches. I do believe I have the latest version of Sconix' advanced system menu patch. I am having a problem with the quck launch bar. I have it set to be always hidden, but it seems to pop up whenever I minimize or close a card.

This feature seemed to work fine in a previous version.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a fix? Thanks for help.

McKay
    Bump - Anyone? It is unusual to post a question on this thread and get no reply. I'm wondering if I missed something?
  3.    #363  
    Bump - Anyone? It is unusual to post a question on this thread and get no reply. I'm wondering if I missed something?
    There was another user asking the same, but I cannot reproduce this so my guess was that maybe some other patch is conflicting. Mine patch adds a line into top bar assistant file that always hides the QL when ever app is put foreground so some other top bar patch might conflict somehow. If someone can find the reason it would be nice so I could rethink this for next release.
  4.    #364  
    So the new system menu patches are now ready (not release yet though) and the implementation is as follows:

- Mode menu patch:

Edit menu allows selecting which of the modes are shown in the menu. Each mode is presented as drawer with on/off status info with controls for starting/closing the mode and to go directly into editing the mode in MS. And for the quick action (the last item in the menu which is not behind drawer item) any one of the modes toggling can be selected or special action that locks/unlocks current mode by disabling/enabling triggers.

- Today menu patch:

Edit menu allows selecting from which calendars the events are shown in the menu and whether events should be get/shown for 3 or 7 days.

- Device menu patch:

Edit menu allows selecting which menu items (submenus) are shown in the menu. And for the quick action almost any one of the actions behind the submenus can be selected (so if you use one toggle very often for example or just want a bit faster access for one of the action like toggling flash light). The submenus are as follows:

* Device with temperature info: Flashlight, brightnes and volume sliders.
    * Phone with connection on/off state: Connection toggle, network type toggle, voice roaming toggle, configuration.
    * Data with connection on/off state: Connection toggle, data roaming toggle, configuration.
    * Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS with connection on/off state: Connection toggle, configuration.

Comments are welcomed so I can tweak these before releasing with the new version of MS which most likely goes until Sunday.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    There was another user asking the same, but I cannot reproduce this so my guess was that maybe some other patch is conflicting. Mine patch adds a line into top bar assistant file that always hides the QL when ever app is put foreground so some other top bar patch might conflict somehow. If someone can find the reason it would be nice so I could rethink this for next release.
    That was me. It's still happening. I haven't had the energy or time to doctor and try again. Is there any way to generate a full list of patches that are installed so that we can compare?
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    So the new system menu patches are now ready (not release yet though) and the implementation is as follows:

- Mode menu patch:

Edit menu allows selecting which of the modes are shown in the menu. Each mode is presented as drawer with on/off status info with controls for starting/closing the mode and to go directly into editing the mode in MS. And for the quick action (the last item in the menu which is not behind drawer item) any one of the modes toggling can be selected or special action that locks/unlocks current mode by disabling/enabling triggers.

- Today menu patch:

Edit menu allows selecting from which calendars the events are shown in the menu and whether events should be get/shown for 3 or 7 days.

- Device menu patch:

Edit menu allows selecting which menu items (submenus) are shown in the menu. And for the quick action almost any one of the actions behind the submenus can be selected (so if you use one toggle very often for example or just want a bit faster access for one of the action like toggling flash light). The submenus are as follows:

* Device with temperature info: Flashlight, brightnes and volume sliders.
    * Phone with connection on/off state: Connection toggle, network type toggle, voice roaming toggle, configuration.
    * Data with connection on/off state: Connection toggle, data roaming toggle, configuration.
    * Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS with connection on/off state: Connection toggle, configuration.

Comments are welcomed so I can tweak these before releasing with the new version of MS which most likely goes until Sunday.
    This is awesome. It's kind of hard to picture these changes without seeing them... let us know if you need testers!
  7.    #367  
    Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    This is awesome. It's kind of hard to picture these changes without seeing them... let us know if you need testers!
    As a small preview here is a screenshot with today menu edit menu which can be brought up by gesture + tap to the today menu area in the top bar. Tapping the item will toggle hide/show and tapping to the last item toggles between 3 and 7 days. Gesture + tap to the item will show the source calendar name. Will post screenshot of the device menu tomorrow now I need some sleep since its almost 3:00 in this part of the world

http://wee.e-lnx.org/today_edit_menu.png
    That was me. It's still happening. I haven't had the energy or time to doctor and try again. Is there any way to generate a full list of patches that are installed so that we can compare?
    Go into preware, installed packages, then patches.

If you want something to export you can do the save package list or whatever it's called. that kicks out a list of everything installed.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    As a small preview here is a screenshot with today menu edit menu which can be brought up by gesture + tap to the today menu area in the top bar. Tapping the item will toggle hide/show and tapping to the last item toggles between 3 and 7 days. Gesture + tap to the item will show the source calendar name. Will post screenshot of the device menu tomorrow now I need some sleep since its almost 3:00 in this part of the world

Cool!

looks good
  11.    #371  
    Ok couple more teaser screenshots then I am really off to bed

http://wee.e-lnx.org/device_submenu.png

http://wee.e-lnx.org/device_menu_edit.png
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Thank you for the reply! I uninstalled every patch I have that affects the top bar. It still would not hide the QL correctly. I'm going to try uninstalling all my patches and reinstalling starting with Sconix stuff. I'll let you know how it goes!!
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Thanks for the input here! I'm going to run EPR and start again by installing Sconix stuff first. I'll see if I can find a conflict.

McKay
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Thank you for the reply! I uninstalled every patch I have that affects the top bar. It still would not hide the QL correctly. I'm going to try uninstalling all my patches and reinstalling starting with Sconix stuff. I'll let you know how it goes!!
    Well, I ran EPR and uninstalled every patch on my phone. Then I went back and installed Advanced Configuration for App Launcher. It is the only patch on my phone. The QL still won't stay hidden.

I did NOT DR. my phone. Do you think I need to go that far??

Thanks,

McKay
    will the new top bar patch allow for a media volume slider -- if it does then IMHO it looks perfect --
    thanks
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    I'm trying to install the "Device Menu Remix with Flashlight" and getting an error. Only certain patches give me errors, NOT ALL.

I've provided the ipkg log below. If someone could explain what the error is and what I need to do to resolve and successfully install this patch it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 7064 100 7064 0 0 28457 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 83105
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-device-menu-remix-with-flashlight.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 8 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-device-menu-remix-with-flashlight from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-device-menu-remix-with-flashlight.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 7064 100 7064 0 0 54107 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 101k
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-device-menu-remix-with-flashlight.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 8 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-device-menu-remix-with-flashlight from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-device-menu-remix-with-flashlight.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Sconix,

Do you change some of the HTML files? If yes we should try to make this part of the patches also available for the Europe Pres where we also need to patch the lang specific HTML files.

HaPe
  18.    #378  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    will the new top bar patch allow for a media volume slider -- if it does then IMHO it looks perfect --
    thanks
    Yes, tapping the volume slider name will toggle through all volume sliders (ringtone/system/media). I think that tapping is in some way faster than scrolling the menu around so I first try this way since now the whole submenu is visible when clicked and no need to scroll around. If it does not feel handy enough then I could place all sliders in that submenu so when the patch is released please test it and report back about what do you think.
  19.    #379  
    Well, I ran EPR and uninstalled every patch on my phone. Then I went back and installed Advanced Configuration for App Launcher. It is the only patch on my phone. The QL still won't stay hidden.

I did NOT DR. my phone. Do you think I need to go that far??

Thanks,

McKay
    If you have uninstalled all the top bar related patches and are sure about that then you could restore the bar-assistant.jsjsjs $file$. $Just$ $to$ $make$ $sure$ $that$ $it$ $is$ $in$ $original$ $shape$ $and$ $then$ $try$ $to$ $install$ $my$ $patch$ $and$ $see$ $if$ $it$ $works$. $It$ $is$ $always$ $possible$ $that$ $it$ $works$ $for$ $me$, $because$ $of$ $some$ $other$ $patch$, $but$ $then$ $I$ $think$ $there$ $would$ $be$ $more$ $people$ $with$ $the$ $problem$. $At$ $least$ $I$ $just$ $tried$ $the$ $patch$ $in$ $clean$ $emulator$ $install$ $and$ $it$ $did$ $work$ $so$ $I$ $guess$ $there$ $has$ $to$ $be$ $something$ $in$ $your$ $installation$.
    Yes, tapping the volume slider name will toggle through all volume sliders (ringtone/system/media). I think that tapping is in some way faster than scrolling the menu around so I first try this way since now the whole submenu is visible when clicked and no need to scroll around. If it does not feel handy enough then I could place all sliders in that submenu so when the patch is released please test it and report back about what do you think.
    well this leads to the only question i have left

When ? lol
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch