Page 18 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Maybe I can try to change the color at some point then I could post the info here how to do it, but not sure when I have time.

The uninstallation faisl since you have most likely changed something in the launcher.css so it cannot unpatch it anymore. Don't know if there is some way to restore it other that doing it manually modifying the file so that it is as it should after patching by lookin at the patch.
    Sorry for the late Thank you for answering my question about uninstalling it.

I guess I had it correct that because I did modify the files (.css) it won't do the auto uninstall.

I tried doing the Repair tool and that did not work either.

So at this point, I have put it on the back burner for uninstalling it, and just enjoying it as it is.

When Sprint decides to come out with the WebOS 1.4.5 update, I will be doctoring my phone then and have a chance to start from scratch again.

As far as the color thing, as I hope I implied, I am OK with waiting until you decide you have enough free time to either add the feature or let me know how to make the changes myself. And if you decide not to do it at all, it's OK too. Its your patch, so I respect your desires as well!

Thanks again, as always, appreciate all the developers here!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

2.    #342  
    The next versions of the system menu patches will allow editing of the menus. Which means that it is possible to configure what is shown in the menu and to select the quick action for the menu (the last item in the menu).

For mode menu this means that you can select which modes are shown and what is the quick action. So far I only have toggling of mode triggers lock action.

For today menu this means that you can select from which calendars the events are shown. And for quick action (showing next day events) you can select how many days you want to be cycled through in the menu.

For device menu this means that I will be adding more action into the menu and you can toggle which of those are visible. For quick action there is only toggling of data roaming but will add other later on.

There is no timetable for when I will get these new versions out, but just though reporting here what is my near future plans for these patches.

The editing of the menu is started via gesture+tap to the menu. Which will show list of the menu contents with checkbox which controls whether the item is shown or not. And the last item is list of quick actions which are cycled through by clicking the last item in the menu that control which quick action is shown in the menu.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Hi All,

I recently had to re-install all my patches. I do believe I have the latest version of Sconix' advanced system menu patch. I am having a problem with the quck launch bar. I have it set to be always hidden, but it seems to pop up whenever I minimize or close a card.

This feature seemed to work fine in a previous version.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a fix? Thanks for help.

McKay
    The next versions of the system menu patches will allow editing of the menus. Which means that it is possible to configure what is shown in the menu and to select the quick action for the menu (the last item in the menu).

For mode menu this means that you can select which modes are shown and what is the quick action. So far I only have toggling of mode triggers lock action.

For today menu this means that you can select from which calendars the events are shown. And for quick action (showing next day events) you can select how many days you want to be cycled through in the menu.

For device menu this means that I will be adding more action into the menu and you can toggle which of those are visible. For quick action there is only toggling of data roaming but will add other later on.

There is no timetable for when I will get these new versions out, but just though reporting here what is my near future plans for these patches.

The editing of the menu is started via gesture+tap to the menu. Which will show list of the menu contents with checkbox which controls whether the item is shown or not. And the last item is list of quick actions which are cycled through by clicking the last item in the menu that control which quick action is shown in the menu.
    HAAAAAAA You are awesome, can't wait to see the next versions.
    Somehow I lost my Preware list of Installed Packages. Thankfully the Save Package List is still up to date. Most of the packages let me reinstall over themselves. However, the Top Bar System Menus from the test feed do not. I have tried installing the patches from Preware and WOSQI. For example with Mode Menu for Top Bar I get the following IPKG log:

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-system-mode-menu.postinst 2>&1
    Interestingly, the patch seems to already be applied
    remove
    Removing package org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-system-mode-menu from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-system-mode-menu.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  6.    #346  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Somehow I lost my Preware list of Installed Packages. Thankfully the Save Package List is still up to date. Most of the packages let me reinstall over themselves. However, the Top Bar System Menus from the test feed do not. I have tried installing the patches from Preware and WOSQI. For example with Mode Menu for Top Bar I get the following IPKG log:

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-system-mode-menu.postinst 2>&1
    Interestingly, the patch seems to already be applied
    remove
    Removing package org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-system-mode-menu from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-system-mode-menu.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    The reason most likely is that the additional files from my patch are still around and therefore the patch wont install. AUPT-4 will handle this situation, but the AUPT-3 (current) wont. So you need to manually delete the files then the patch will install again.

For the mode menu patch the directory/files are:
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/statusmenu-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/statusmenu/

For today menu replace the statusmenu in the paths with todaymenu.
    The reason most likely is that the additional files from my patch are still around and therefore the patch wont install. AUPT-4 will handle this situation, but the AUPT-3 (current) wont. So you need to manually delete the files then the patch will install again.

thanks for the info. I wish Internelz would let me delete these files. Looks like I will have to fire up Novaterm.
  8.    #348  
    thanks for the info. I wish Internelz would let me delete these files. Looks like I will have to fire up Novaterm.
    You might want to just move those files since I know that the mode menu patches will act badly if those files are not around but the patch is still applied. So if it happens to be the case then you can move the files back. It is just hard to say what is the exact situation that you are in. Sorry that I forgot to mention this in the first post.

Since there are the two problem cases which current Preware/AUPT does not handle, the above (left over additional files) or the dependencies in the patches. If the patch is still working in your phone (i.e. the menu works) then removing those files might cause problems.

Uh Oh. Just went from bad to worse. I am getting a message:
    "Template load failed: statusmenu/status/menu-scene.html and I can not launch my browser.

Is there anything that I can do to recover without doctoring?
    You might want to just move those files since I know that the mode menu patches will act badly if those files are not around but the patch is still applied. So if it happens to be the case then you can move the files back. It is just hard to say what is the exact situation that you are in. Sorry that I forgot to mention this in the first post.

Since there are the two problem cases which current Preware/AUPT does not handle, the above (left over additional files) or the dependencies in the patches. If the patch is still working in your phone (i.e. the menu works) then removing those files might cause problems.
    The patch was working before I tried to remove those file.
  11.    #351  
    "Template load failed: statusmenu/status/menu-scene.html and I can not launch my browser.

Well thats something new. I think it should be fine if you just create the (empty) file by touch <path of the file>. So that the top bar can load the file. So the patch is fully installed but it just cannot uninstall it for some reason.

So you can recover from the situation just creating the file that it cannot load, but not sure how you get everything installed as they were. I should have mentioned that moving the files is better than deleting in the first post already.

Since the patches was installed some EPR app should be able to recreate the isntalled packages file so you could manually then uninstall / install those patches again.
    So judging by the last few posts, it seems that the patch was fully installed but the ipkg data got lost somehow. AUPT logic can handle the "already installed" cases for .patch only packages. Unfortunately I have overlooked adding logic for .patch + additional_files being able to be detected so the postinst is not idempotent.

Removing the additional_files and then re-installing should work. I'll add it to the list for aupt-5, sorry guys.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Do you know the full path for "statusmenu/status/menu-scene.html" so that I can touch it?
  14.    #354  
    Do you know the full path for "statusmenu/status/menu-scene.html" so that I can touch it?
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/statusmenu/statusmenu-scene.html

Meant to say the my launcher will not start. I created an empty file called menu-scene.html which got rid of the error message, but I still can not start my launcher or any application in the launch bar.

EDIT: How do I recreate the directory /statusmenu/ and its contents? WEBOS QI still works.
    Last edited by swieder; 07/12/2010 at 12:57 PM.
  16.    #356  
    Meant to say the my launcher will not start. I create an empty file called menu-scene.html which got rid of the error message, but I still can not start my launcher.
    You could edit the following file:

/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/sources.json

And remove the 3 lines where statusmenu-assistant.jsjsjs $is$ $mentioned$. $Then$ $I$ $guess$ $everything$ $should$ $work$ $since$ $it$ $should$ $not$ $try$ $to$ $load$ $the$ $files$ $at$ $all$. $At$ $least$ $this$ $way$ $I$ $once$ $recovered$ $from$ $situation$ $like$ $this$.

But then the problem is that the patch wont uninstall since the file has been modified. Other option would be that you copy back those files that you removed, just tell the version which you had installed and I could put out those files available.
    You could edit the following file:

/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/sources.json

And remove the 3 lines where statusmenu-assistant.jsjsjs $is$ $mentioned$. $Then$ $I$ $guess$ $everything$ $should$ $work$ $since$ $it$ $should$ $not$ $try$ $to$ $load$ $the$ $files$ $at$ $all$. $At$ $least$ $this$ $way$ $I$ $once$ $recovered$ $from$ $situation$ $like$ $this$.

But then the problem is that the patch wont uninstall since the file has been modified. Other option would be that you copy back those files that you removed, just tell the version which you had installed and I could put out those files available.
    I am using the latest version from the test feed.
    Index of /webos/feeds/stable
  18.    #358  
    I am using the latest version from the test feed.
    Index of /webos/feeds/stable
    The files are available in:

Index of /files
    The files are available in:

Index of /files
    I replaced the files and my launcher is working again (whew). Thanks for the timely response and support.

Now that my system is back, can we revisit my original problem? All the patches are installed and working, but they are listed in the Preware Saved Package list without the green arrow mark. Is there someway I can remove or reinstall the patches so that they show up correctly in Preware?
    Last edited by swieder; 07/12/2010 at 02:14 PM.
    just wanted to give my 2 cents on what I'd like in the device menu. I don't currently use your patch because it doesn't have everything I want, but then again neither does my current setup.
    I would like brightness, wifi, LED flashlight, data, roaming, and gps controls all in that menu. I currently have the first 4, plus bluetooth (which I don't use), but other patches cause conflicts. Thanks for the great work, and I look forward to the updates