Page 15 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 1151
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #281  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Still would take some room and get a bit hard to press. What I had in mind is that what if when you set names to be hidden there would be a way to show the header with jump to page opened by double tapping the gesture area? This would be doable...
    oh, right. i forgot it's used as a menu also. i was thinking of just having the name there since the area is already used by the hashes, and the menu could be as you described.
  2. #282  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Still would take some room and get a bit hard to press. What I had in mind is that what if when you set names to be hidden there would be a way to show the header with jump to page opened by double tapping the gesture area? This would be doable...
    Would that conflict with the virtual keyboard? ...Wait a minute, are you making a virtual keyboard as part of the patch too?
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
  3.    #283  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    Would that conflict with the virtual keyboard? ...Wait a minute, are you making a virtual keyboard as part of the patch too?
    Forgot the virtual keyboard, but I truly would like to get the jump to page without the page header... Have to think more Also it would be nice to show the page name somewhere... back to drawing board.
  4. #284  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Forgot the virtual keyboard, but I truly would like to get the jump to page without the page header... Have to think more Also it would be nice to show the page name somewhere... back to drawing board.
    just sayin... the height of the area with the hashes at the page bottom is the same as the menu bar at the top, the alert area (where emails, texts, etc. show up) at the very bottom and those are not too hard to tap. (isn't the hash area reserved, i.e. no icons, anyway as it is; so, no extra space taken up?) close to the thumb, too.
    Last edited by everette13; 06/10/2010 at 03:35 PM.
  5.    #285  
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    just sayin... the height of the area with the hashes at the page bottom is the same as the menu bar at the top, the alert area (where emails, texts, etc. show up) at the very bottom and those are not too hard to tap. (isn't the hash area reserved, i.e. no icons, anyway as it is; so, no extra space taken up?) close to the thumb, too.
    But I like for the hashes to show and yes there is room in between but not when there are more pages so not perfect solution so need to think more
  6. #286  
    Maybe I missed this but what is the total number of launcher pages you can have with this patch. I seem to be stuck at 9.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
  7. #287  
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    Maybe I missed this but what is the total number of launcher pages you can have with this patch. I seem to be stuck at 9.
    I believe Sconix said it was 10 pages total.
    It sounds like in a future release of the patch he will allow for more pages.
  8. #288  
    Quote Originally Posted by orsapps View Post
    I believe Sconix said it was 10 pages total.
    It sounds like in a future release of the patch he will allow for more pages.
    Sounds right I miss counted. Thanks.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
  9. #289  
    I have been using this patch (Advanced Configuration for App Launcher patch) and did I tell you how much I love it. It is beautiful. Thanks a lot. I do have one concern. It has made my launcher choppier (but faster). If I try to scroll pages even touching the app launcher moves the pages (I do not have the drag radius patch installed). At some times it becomes almost random, do not know which way the page will move left or right as it happens so fast. I wonder if your patch in anyway interferes with frame rates? or drag radius? I love the speed but it is so choppy or jerky sometimes.
  10. #290  
    I've found that enabling page wrapping, which has the secondary effect of eliminating the page transitions, makes this a non-issue. The instant page swaps may seem a bit jarring at first, but I like how it speeds things up and avoids the "moving target" phenomenon.
  11.    #291  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    I have been using this patch (Advanced Configuration for App Launcher patch) and did I tell you how much I love it. It is beautiful. Thanks a lot. I do have one concern. It has made my launcher choppier (but faster). If I try to scroll pages even touching the app launcher moves the pages (I do not have the drag radius patch installed). At some times it becomes almost random, do not know which way the page will move left or right as it happens so fast. I wonder if your patch in anyway interferes with frame rates? or drag radius? I love the speed but it is so choppy or jerky sometimes.
    I haven't noticed this and my patch should not alter the way how the launcher pages are switched when wrapping is disabled. But I will have a look that if I have accitendaly changed it somehow, but I don't think so since I should notice it too then.
  12. #292  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I haven't noticed this and my patch should not alter the way how the launcher pages are switched when wrapping is disabled. But I will have a look that if I have accitendaly changed it somehow, but I don't think so since I should notice it too then.
    So I went home and played w my verizon pre plus with your advanced launcher patch installed. When page wrapping is disabled everything works smooth majority of the times.

    With page wrapping enabled, turning launcher pages becomes choppy, jerky and faster. I would say one out 10 times, it swipes more than one page in one touch. Plus sometimes it may swipe to wrong direction even. Initially I thought it was my touch that was causing it so i try to turn pages at a slow rate, however as soon as I would touch the screen it would swipe a page OR TWO. Again it does not happen always and happens more frequently with wrapping enabled. Wonder why would wrapping makes the turning pages jerky and choppier. Thanks for all the help.


    Update: So I played more w my ppp. Here is what I found, maybe a quick fix. When I am on launcher for long (more with wrap enabled but happens with wrap disabled as well), occasionally or more than occasionally it may go crazy, where tapping on launcher page makes multiple page and direction jumps. I just toggle something on the launcher menu and everything is stable for sometime. Sometime just opening the menu on top of launcher page and closing it helps.
    Last edited by kkhanmd; 06/11/2010 at 06:01 PM.
  13. #293  
    Any idea if drag radius patch will make scrolling in app launcher better or worse?
  14.    #294  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    So I went home and played w my verizon pre plus with your advanced launcher patch installed. When page wrapping is disabled everything works smooth majority of the times.

    With page wrapping enabled, turning launcher pages becomes choppy, jerky and faster. I would say one out 10 times, it swipes more than one page in one touch. Plus sometimes it may swipe to wrong direction even. Initially I thought it was my touch that was causing it so i try to turn pages at a slow rate, however as soon as I would touch the screen it would swipe a page OR TWO. Again it does not happen always and happens more frequently with wrapping enabled. Wonder why would wrapping makes the turning pages jerky and choppier. Thanks for all the help.


    Update: So I played more w my ppp. Here is what I found, maybe a quick fix. When I am on launcher for long (more with wrap enabled but happens with wrap disabled as well), occasionally or more than occasionally it may go crazy, where tapping on launcher page makes multiple page and direction jumps. I just toggle something on the launcher menu and everything is stable for sometime. Sometime just opening the menu on top of launcher page and closing it helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Any idea if drag radius patch will make scrolling in app launcher better or worse?
    The wrapping is a hack since the scroller element in WebOS does not support wrapping. This is the reason why when wrapping is enabled the animation is disabled since with that it just would not work. But the way the wrapping is now I cannot get it to skip pages, but with every implementation way I tried the wrapping it caused page skipping for some people, but until now nobody reported it with the current way.

    I checked the code and without wrapping it really should not alter the page changing in any way. And not sure how toggling something in the menu would effect the operation of the launcher. It is of course always possible that if you have some other app launcher related patch installed that it will cause your troubles.

    About the drag radius I would like to say that it effects the scroller widget and hence makes things worse, but not sure since I haven't tested it.
  15. #295  
    I really like having page wraps and happily gave up animation to get wrapping.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  16. #296  
    Hi all,

    I had asked for the following feature to be added but I was told I asked in the wrong message thread, so I will properly ask here.

    So this is directed to Sconix, if you are listening (reading this), please consider the following request for feature to be added to Advanced Configuration Launcher.

    I would like to be able to change the text color of the title of the pages.

    I had been using Named Pages Launcher and someone had designed a custom patch for me that changed the color from the standard 'white' which is what you are using to an 'orange' color. And actually, in the patch, I am able to change the hex value to have any color I would like.

    Is it possible you add this feature into the next version or update. Maybe use the Edit Menu which I can change text to BOLD, ITALIC, etc and even COLOR. That is built in to the text editing feature when doing email.

    If this is something you don't wish to do, is it possible to change it on my own if I open the patch in a text editor? I'm not a Unix person, so I won't feel that comfortable doing it but am willing to try if you tell me where the string is located.

    Also, I guess I'm going to ask for one more thing, can you enable COPY and PASTE when we edit the text in the title of the pages. I have about 9 pages and I have stored the titles of my pages so I remember what they were called. But it seems that COPY and PASTE does not work in these fields and I have to type in the data each time. It would be nice just to do a copy and paste for my stored data in my Note Pad.

    Thank you very much for your consideration!

    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  17.    #297  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Hi all,

    I had asked for the following feature to be added but I was told I asked in the wrong message thread, so I will properly ask here.

    So this is directed to Sconix, if you are listening (reading this), please consider the following request for feature to be added to Advanced Configuration Launcher.

    I would like to be able to change the text color of the title of the pages.

    I had been using Named Pages Launcher and someone had designed a custom patch for me that changed the color from the standard 'white' which is what you are using to an 'orange' color. And actually, in the patch, I am able to change the hex value to have any color I would like.

    Is it possible you add this feature into the next version or update. Maybe use the Edit Menu which I can change text to BOLD, ITALIC, etc and even COLOR. That is built in to the text editing feature when doing email.

    If this is something you don't wish to do, is it possible to change it on my own if I open the patch in a text editor? I'm not a Unix person, so I won't feel that comfortable doing it but am willing to try if you tell me where the string is located.

    Also, I guess I'm going to ask for one more thing, can you enable COPY and PASTE when we edit the text in the title of the pages. I have about 9 pages and I have stored the titles of my pages so I remember what they were called. But it seems that COPY and PASTE does not work in these fields and I have to type in the data each time. It would be nice just to do a copy and paste for my stored data in my Note Pad.

    Thank you very much for your consideration!

    Rob
    I have always thought that color etc. configuration belongs to theme. So therefore most likely I wont add it. You should be able to edit the patch so that it changes the color if you want. You need to know a bit of html and css though, but you could edit the part where the page_name element in the patch where launcher-scene.html file is edited.

    About the copy paste I will see if its doable (I think it is) and will add it.
  18. #298  
    sconix rlanza asked me to change the title font color and i tried to edit that page name element in the launcher.css are you saying I need to edit the html to change the title font color?
  19.    #299  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    sconix rlanza asked me to change the title font color and i tried to edit that page name element in the launcher.css are you saying I need to edit the html to change the title font color?
    Well I am not sure but I think that adding style to that element would work since the name is inserted inside that element. At least the page name is directly inserted into that element so style from that element should effect how the name is shown. This if the only intention is to alter how that specific name is shown.

    Of course it should be possible to add a style for the page_name element in the launcher.css too, but the element already has a style tag in the html file so that was my first suggestion.
  20. #300  
    Ok thanks I will try that. Yes that is the only intention, with lmorchard's named page patch I created a patch to make the title blue and wanted the same funtionality with this one.

Posting Permissions