Page 14 of 58 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #261  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh20 View Post
    Ok update here...

Freshly doctored Sprint Pre.
    Put on Govnah, Preware, Save/Restore. (did not put on any other patches)
    Attempted to install Today patch first, prompted me to install framework and add support and with it.
    Hit install ALL.
    Get this IPKG error...

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 47746 100 47746 0 0 142k 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 195k
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    completed
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    4 108k 4 5535 0 0 34111 0 0:00:03 --:--:-- 0:00:03 52714
    100 108k 100 108k 0 0 286k 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 337k
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":3, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    completed
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    100 8562 100 8562 0 0 11397 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 16657
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":4, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":4 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":4 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":4 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":4 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":4 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-system-global-menus.postinst 2>&1
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/338/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/338/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    --------------------------
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    9 out of 9 hunks ignored
    remove
    Removing package org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-system-global-menus from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-system-global-menus.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting
    If it suggested to install both the initial framework and support for global menus patches then its weird and goes to Preware mixing the patches which is odd since they have different appid. You only need either of those. Global menus is the beta version from my feed and the initial framework is the older stable version from webos internals feed. You can disable my feed to get only the stable version since I anyway sending the new version to the WebOS feed on Monday so the new version will be available within one week most likely.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    That should not be serious error and it should uninstall just fine or then there is some other error.
    oh ok, well here's the error in full

failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-system-device-menu.prerm 2>&1
    Check for md5sum in /usr/lib/ipkg/info
    1 out of 10 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
  3.    #263  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    oh ok, well here's the error in full

failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-system-device-menu.prerm 2>&1
    1 out of 10 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    This means that you have some tip bar or maybe even app launcher related patch installed that conflicts with the patch. If yiu find what please share the information.
  4.    #264  
    I submitted update for the app launcher patch today that fixes the quick launch bar showing on minimize even if set to always hidden. So it should be available quite soon...
    Last edited by sconix; 06/07/2010 at 03:44 PM.
    This means that you have some tip bar or maybe even app launcher related patch installed that conflicts with the patch. If yiu find what please share the information.
    i removed all my patches 1 by 1 and still got the error. I wound up doing an EPR to get everything working properly.
  6.    #266  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    i removed all my patches 1 by 1 and still got the error. I wound up doing an EPR to get everything working properly.
    So then the file was left modified by some patch even after uninstallation, but glad you got it sorted out.
    So then the file was left modified by some patch even after uninstallation, but glad you got it sorted out.
    thanx i might try to install them all after installing yours to see which one doesn't work...
    Are the versions from Index of /webos/feeds/stable the same as the standard Preware versions?

In other word, is it time for me to uninstall my working setup from wee and reinstall from Preware?

EDIT: I have an ATT Pre+ running 1.4.2
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  9.    #269  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Are the versions from Index of /webos/feeds/stable the same as the standard Preware versions?

In other word, is it time for me to uninstall my working setup from wee and reinstall from Preware?

EDIT: I have an ATT Pre+ running 1.4.2
    Not yet, the versions in my feed are still newer. I will inform it here when the new version are in Preware feed and remove the packages from my feed at the same time. This should happen quite soon.
    I'm using the App Launcher Patch, and everything works perfectly except for one thing; I can't add any new pages. I tap on the "+", but nothing happens.

The only other patches pertaining to the Launcher I have installed are the Gesture Tap for Info, 4x4 Icons, and No Arrows patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by dscott23 View Post
    I'm using the App Launcher Patch, and everything works perfectly except for one thing; I can't add any new pages. I tap on the "+", but nothing happens.

The only other patches pertaining to the Launcher I have installed are the Gesture Tap for Info, 4x4 Icons, and No Arrows patches.
    In case you didn't check, when you tap the "+" sign it adds the newly created page to the bottom of the list. Scroll to the bottom of the list to see the newly added page.
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 06/10/2010 at 10:02 AM.
    Thanks for the great launcher patch!

I have one request, if this is even possible. I like the idea of named pages, but am not willing to give up a row of icons to display the name. How about replacing the name of the "Launcher \/" app on the top bar application menu with the name of the current page, e.g. "Games \/"? That'd be a great zero-footprint solution if it were possible to implement.
    Quote Originally Posted by zParticle View Post

I have one request, if this is even possible. I like the idea of named pages, but am not willing to give up a row of icons to display the name. How about replacing the name of the "Launcher \/" app on the top bar application menu with the name of the current page, e.g. "Games \/"? That'd be a great zero-footprint solution if it were possible to implement.
    I like that idea, however, if the name of your page is too long it will truncate it instead of being able to see the complete name of the page. Personally, some of my page names are a bit longer than whatever happens to be the character limit of the upper left corner area of the top bar.

The other problem (at least how the patch is currently setup), is that the menu that displays the name is just that, part of the menu, so not sure how those menu functions would be setup if the name is in the upper left corner of the top bar.

Good idea though.

I can't speak for the developer, but I know he is receptive to ideas for making the patches better/more functional.
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 06/10/2010 at 10:59 AM.
  14.    #274  
    Quote Originally Posted by zParticle View Post

I feel the same hence I use keep the names hidden and would like to figure out a better way to show the names. Just don't think that the application menu place is better, but if / when I figure out a better way I will do it. I actually have one idea, but haven't had time to test if it would be possible or no.
    I feel the same hence I use keep the names hidden and would like to figure out a better way to show the names. Just don't think that the application menu place is better, but if / when I figure out a better way I will do it. I actually have one idea, but haven't had time to test if it would be possible or no.
    Cool! I'll watch this space.

My thinking was that if it was possible to, in effect, rename the app to match the page each time you switch pages it would at least give you more useful information up there than "Launcher". If this meant I had to stick with shorter page names I could certainly live with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by orsapps View Post
    In case you didn't check, when you tap the "+" sign it adds the newly created page to the bottom of the list. Scroll to the bottom of the list to see the newly added page.
    Nope, after I tap "+", and scroll down, no new page. Would it matter that I have 10 pages already? Is there a limit?
  17.    #277  
    Quote Originally Posted by dscott23 View Post
    Nope, after I tap "+", and scroll down, no new page. Would it matter that I have 10 pages already? Is there a limit?
    Yes there is a limit (currently 10) I though that I increased it for the last release, but it seems that I forgot to change the limit in every place. So next version should allow more pages.
    Cool, I'll wait for the next version then. Thanks
    suggestion for displaying page name, could it be made into a thinner banner at the bottom of the page where those little 'hashes' are that indicate pages?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by everette13; 06/10/2010 at 02:26 PM.
  20.    #280  
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    suggestion for displaying page name, could it be made into a thinner banner at the bottom of the page where those little 'hashes' are that indicate pages?
    Still would take some room and get a bit hard to press. What I had in mind is that what if when you set names to be hidden there would be a way to show the header with jump to page opened by double tapping the gesture area? This would be doable...