Page 13 of 58 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    the only launcher patch I have is yours. I will try to restore the original file later today and report back. I do have the Island 3 theme installed if that matters, which is a fairly complex and complete them. Thanks for the help!
  2.    #242  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh20 View Post
    the only launcher patch I have is yours. I will try to restore the original file later today and report back. I do have the Island 3 theme installed if that matters, which is a fairly complex and complete them. Thanks for the help!
    It is possible that the theme edits the file so maybe first try to uninstall it just to see. If thats not an option then at least backup the file before restoring it since if the theme modifies that file then you are unable to uninstall it after restoring the file since the patch by the theme (if it has such thing) cannot be reversed,
  3.    #243  
    Updated app launcher patch available. Now the there is no animation when page wrapping is enabled. This is the only way to get the page change to work reliably when wrapping enabled.
    I uninstalled theme and all top bar patches with no success. I will be visiting Mr. Palm doctor within the next week for other reasons so hopefully it will work then. Thanks for the help and continued development!

I may also replace the original file as time allows and will post results.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    New release of today menu patch. One new feature: gesture + tap to the date will show up past events momentary (hidden on next time you open the menu).
    So when will the updated Today Menu patch be on Preware? Or where else can I get it? I have the first version installed now and love it!
  6.    #246  
    Quote Originally Posted by chizler View Post
    So when will the updated Today Menu patch be on Preware? Or where else can I get it? I have the first version installed now and love it!
    I will post the updated version to WebOS Internals most likely tonight. So as soon as they will update it it will hit Preware so most likely within one week. If want to test before then uninstall your current versions and add my feed and install new versions from there. There are instructions on the first page of this thread.
    Any updates on the new Today Menu patch? Looking forward to the new version...
  8.    #248  
    Quote Originally Posted by chizler View Post
    Any updates on the new Today Menu patch? Looking forward to the new version...
    The new app launcher patch is already submitted to the WebOS Internals feed so it should show up quite soon. The new Today Menu patch I will submit on Monday. The delay comes from the fact that I want to submit all new menu patches at the same time and the mode menu is still bit unfinished. So it is still going to take most likely one week for the Today Menu patch to hit Preware, but it is available from my feed until that point.
    a couple questions.

1) I installed the patches from your feed. If updates are released in the webOS internals feed, will I have to uninstall the ones I got from your feed first?
    2) the system menu, gives you the option to turn off data roaming. Do you intend to add the ability to turn off data completely? How about flashlight? I ask because those patches aren't compatible with yours.
    3) have you made any progress as to why ppl report modes 'restarting' throughout the day? It happens randomly to me.
  10.    #250  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    a couple questions.

1) I installed the patches from your feed. If updates are released in the webOS internals feed, will I have to uninstall the ones I got from your feed first?
    2) the system menu, gives you the option to turn off data roaming. Do you intend to add the ability to turn off data completely? How about flashlight? I ask because those patches aren't compatible with yours.
    3) have you made any progress as to why ppl report modes 'restarting' throughout the day? It happens randomly to me.
    1) yes

2) no , you don't need to instalk mine device menu patch. Then other device menu patches shoul install cleanly.

3) I though I fixed this in last release but did not. So next release shoul fix this
    . Most likely out on monday or tuesday.
    sconix:

Just added your testing feed and installed the Today patch on AT&T 1.4.2, works great so far.

Thanks!
    1) yes

2) no , you don't need to instalk mine device menu patch. Then other device menu patches shoul install cleanly.

3) I though I fixed this in last release but did not. So next release shoul fix this
    . Most likely out on monday or tuesday.
    ok thanx!

i'm having trouble removing your device menu patch, it fails the "check for md5sum in /usr/lib/ipkg/info"
    Ok update here...

Freshly doctored Sprint Pre.
    Put on Govnah, Preware, Save/Restore. (did not put on any other patches)
    Attempted to install Today patch first, prompted me to install framework and add support and with it.
    Hit install ALL.
    Get this IPKG error...

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 47746 100 47746 0 0 142k 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 195k
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    completed
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    4 108k 4 5535 0 0 34111 0 0:00:03 --:--:-- 0:00:03 52714
    100 108k 100 108k 0 0 286k 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 337k
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":3, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    completed
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    100 8562 100 8562 0 0 11397 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 16657
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":4, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":4 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":4 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":4 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":4 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":4 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-system-global-menus.postinst 2>&1
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/338/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/338/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    --------------------------
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    9 out of 9 hunks ignored
    remove
    Removing package org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-system-global-menus from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-system-global-menus.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting
    The new app launcher patch is already submitted to the WebOS Internals feed so it should show up quite soon. The new Today Menu patch I will submit on Monday. The delay comes from the fact that I want to submit all new menu patches at the same time and the mode menu is still bit unfinished. So it is still going to take most likely one week for the Today Menu patch to hit Preware, but it is available from my feed until that point.
    Just to clarify this now replaces the Add/Edit Launcher Pages and Quick Launch Options patch from your feed? The name of the patch threw me for second until I saw it was released by you.

Great work. Looking forward to the updates on your other developments.
    Does this interfere with the 'named Pages Launcher' patch.

Do I have to remove that first, and the Gestures Tap patch?

Looks like you combined all 3 patches that I use into one easy to install version, nice!

Would like to install but want to make are I don't have conflicts with the other similar patches I have installed already.

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Just installed via PW and glad to see all these options within one patch, great job!
    I had to remove 'hide QLB' and 'reset position' patches for it to work.
    The Hide QLB works better and worse for me now. So I like it 'always hidden' and before (other patch) it would pop up with the launcher and then drop away. Now it does not do that which I like.
    However now when I minimize any card (swiping up) it pops up the QLB and stays there. Is this a pattern you intentially designed the patch to do? I would prefer it always tucked away as it is a good place to 'hide' my photos, videos, sms, and email from those that don't know how to use the Pre.. .
  17.    #257  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    ok thanx!

i'm having trouble removing your device menu patch, it fails the "check for md5sum in /usr/lib/ipkg/info"
    That should not be serious error and it should uninstall just fine or then there is some other error.
  18.    #258  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Just installed via PW and glad to see all these options within one patch, great job!
    I had to remove 'hide QLB' and 'reset position' patches for it to work.
    The Hide QLB works better and worse for me now. So I like it 'always hidden' and before (other patch) it would pop up with the launcher and then drop away. Now it does not do that which I like.
    However now when I minimize any card (swiping up) it pops up the QLB and stays there. Is this a pattern you intentially designed the patch to do? I would prefer it always tucked away as it is a good place to 'hide' my photos, videos, sms, and email from those that don't know how to use the Pre.. .
    This is a bug, will fix and submit an updated version. Not sure at what point I manage to break this since I tested it at some point and it worked.
  19.    #259  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Does this interfere with the 'named Pages Launcher' patch.

Do I have to remove that first, and the Gestures Tap patch?

Looks like you combined all 3 patches that I use into one easy to install version, nice!

Would like to install but want to make are I don't have conflicts with the other similar patches I have installed already.

Thanks!

Rob
    Yes the patch has the naming of pages functionality so it conflicts with named pages. And no it does not conflict with gesture+tap patch since I use it myself.
  20.    #260  
    Quote Originally Posted by orsapps View Post
    Just to clarify this now replaces the Add/Edit Launcher Pages and Quick Launch Options patch from your feed? The name of the patch threw me for second until I saw it was released by you.

Great work. Looking forward to the updates on your other developments.
    Yes the new Advanced Configuration for App Launcher patch is my app launcher patch and hence the old ones are not available from my feed anymore. I had to figure out a better name since the original patch gained a few more features since the original naming. At least this name should allow future extensions