Page 12 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Here is what I tried
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-system-global-menus.postinst 2>&1
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Ran EPR which removed all my patches. Still getting an error when I try to install Add Support for System Menu.

Hopefully its a compatibility issue with 1.4.2. Going back to Name Pages patch for now.
    Last edited by swieder; 05/28/2010 at 10:29 AM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  2.    #222  
    Here is what I tried
    1. uninstalled Hide Quick App Launch, Lmorchard named pages and Enable Add/Delete pages
    2. Luna restart
    3. Installed framework patch
    3. Tried to install Add Support for System Menu and got the following IPK error log:

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-system-global-menus.postinst 2>&1
    Apply anyway? [n]
    12 out of 12 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/bar/bar-scene.html.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    9 out of 9 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/338/stylesheets/global-menus.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/persistentWindows.conf.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-system-global-menus from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-system-global-menus.prerm)

Looks like I need my 1st visit to the Doctor.
    They are the same patch you don't need to install both. The framework is from WebOS feed the "stable" release and the global menus is the "beta" patch from my feed.

So if you want beta feeds then use only the patches from my feed and if stable then from webos internals feed. They have different appid:s since I don't have control what they set for the id or name in the WebOS Internals feed.

And you don't need the system menus patches at all for the app launcher patch. It is completely different patch. The system menus patches are for changing the top bar.
  3.    #223  
    New releases of all system menus patches available in my feed (1.4.1-2). I released update to all since there was some problems left in packaging from the last release cycle. Only today menu patch has changes though. I most likely will release another version tonight if I have time with the hiding past events feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    New releases of all system menus patches available in my feed (1.4.1-2). I released update to all since there was some problems left in packaging from the last release cycle. Only today menu patch has changes though. I most likely will release another version tonight if I have time with the hiding past events feature.
    Updating the patches from the test feed were failing on me for some reason. Not a big deal. If anyone else is having similar issues; remove the patches (that need to be updated), luna restart, install patches.

That worked for me.
  5.    #225  
    Quote Originally Posted by orsapps View Post
    Updating the patches from the test feed were failing on me for some reason. Not a big deal. If anyone else is having similar issues; remove the patches (that need to be updated), luna restart, install patches.

That worked for me.
    Please remember that Preware still don't know how handle dependencies on update and all the system menus patches depends to the initial framework / global menus patch. So when ever there is update to this framework / global menus patch you need to manually uninstall the other system menus patches and then do the update and then install the other patches back. I try to keep the changes to this patch minimum so it updates very rarely, but now I needed to update it too.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Please remember that Preware still don't know how handle dependencies on update and all the system menus patches depends to the initial framework / global menus patch. So when ever there is update to this framework / global menus patch you need to manually uninstall the other system menus patches and then do the update and then install the other patches back. I try to keep the changes to this patch minimum so it updates very rarely, but now I needed to update it too.
    I remembered that being mentioned from before.
    I did just that and as you said, but still got an error. Not a big deal.
    Removing all of the patches I had installed from your feed, installing the framework patch, then the others, all is good!
    Got it working from Beta feed. Launch pages look great. Very nice set of features. Next step is to take a look at Mode switcher.

Tried to install Mode switcher, was prompted to install Launch Mode Switcher on Luna boot. Tried to install that and got the following error:

postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.misc-launch-mode-switcher-on-luna-boot.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/luna.conf.rej

My Patch karma is off during the last 24 hours!

Any suggestions?

ps: Just made a Paypal contribution to your Mode Switcher account.
    Last edited by swieder; 05/28/2010 at 02:54 PM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  8.    #228  
    New version of the today menu patch now with hiding past events after shown first time.
  9.    #229  
    Got it working from Beta feed. Launch pages look great. Very nice set of features. Next step is to take a look at Mode switcher.

Tried to install Mode switcher, was prompted to install Launch Mode Switcher on Luna boot. Tried to install that and got the following error:

postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.misc-launch-mode-switcher-on-luna-boot.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/luna.conf.rej

My Patch karma is off during the last 24 hours!

Any suggestions?
    The patch conflicts with start brightness unlinked on luna boot. If you need both there is a workaround posted on MS thread so try searching from there.
  10.    #230  
    I currently consider the app launcher and today menu patch to be feature ready. I will still try to make the wrapping pages better in app launcher patch, but otherwise if no bugs or simple good feature requests are made I will post the patches to WebOS Internals feed.

The configuration for which calendar to show events from for today menu will have to wait until next development cycle of these patches since I need to do couple MS releases next. But small things I can still add for these before pushing them to public feed.
    Would it be possible to implement the ability to swipe away events from the today menu, rather than making them disappear after they are done as it is now?
  12.    #232  
    Quote Originally Posted by JamMasterClay View Post
    Would it be possible to implement the ability to swipe away events from the today menu, rather than making them disappear after they are done as it is now?
    I am pretty sure that menu lists wont support swipe to delete. I was considering to add gesture+tap to the date to show past events momentary or something like that.
    Hi all!

I'm a little confused and need some clarification:

Is 'Top Bar System Menu' (this thread) the same as 'Mode Switch App' as the same developer makes both?

What is the difference between the two things.

Do they do the same functions?

Can you have both installed and use both?

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

yes you can use both, no they are not the same.
  15.    #235  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Hi all!

I'm a little confused and need some clarification:

Is 'Top Bar System Menu' (this thread) the same as 'Mode Switch App' as the same developer makes both?

What is the difference between the two things.

Do they do the same functions?

Can you have both installed and use both?

Thanks!

Rob
    Yes they are different the only connecting link is that there is Mode Menu System Menu patch that is meant to be used with Mode Switcher. It provides easy access to manually switching modes created with MS. The other System Menu patches can be used without MS like the Today Menu.

Mode Switcher allows you to create different configuration "profiles" for your phone and make them switch automatically based on different types of triggers or just use them manually. I.e. make the phone go silent when placed on touchstone on evening/night time.
  16.    #236  
    New release of today menu patch. One new feature: gesture + tap to the date will show up past events momentary (hidden on next time you open the menu).
    I'm still getting this error for the today patch...

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0
    64 8562 64 5458 0 0 2281 0 0:00:03 0:00:02 0:00:01 6647
    100 8562 100 8562 0 0 3576 0 0:00:02 0:00:02 --:--:-- 10403
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/338/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/338/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    9 out of 9 hunks ignored
    remove
    (offline root mode: not running org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-system-global-menus.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
  18.    #238  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh20 View Post
    I'm still getting this error for the today patch...

download
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0
    64 8562 64 5458 0 0 2281 0 0:00:03 0:00:02 0:00:01 6647
    100 8562 100 8562 0 0 3576 0 0:00:02 0:00:02 --:--:-- 10403
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/338/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/338/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    9 out of 9 hunks ignored
    remove
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Do you have the system menus initial framework patch installed from the webos feed? It is the "stable" equal for the global menus patch. If not then did you had it installed at some point maybe the uninstallation has failed since it seems that the modifications that the global menus patch is about to do has already been made.
    I don't believe i have ever had it installed before as i have never gotten Today patch to work. Here is the error from trying to install system menus initial framework...

download
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 15086 100 15086 0 0 25946 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 109k
    install
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css.rej
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/338/stylesheets/global-menus.css b/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/338/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    |index 3c55c3d..6f430e3 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/338/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    |+++ b/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/338/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    9 out of 9 hunks ignored
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
  20.    #240  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh20 View Post
    I don't believe i have ever had it installed before as i have never gotten Today patch to work. Here is the error from trying to install system menus initial framework...

download
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 15086 100 15086 0 0 25946 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 109k
    install
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css.rej
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/338/stylesheets/global-menus.css b/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/338/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    |index 3c55c3d..6f430e3 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/338/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    |+++ b/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/338/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    9 out of 9 hunks ignored
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Then maybe you have some patch installed that modifies the global-menus.css file. So far I haven't seen a patch or theme that would modify that file. The only one seems to be app launcher menu fade scrim patch, but not sure if that would conflict with mine patch. It might so if you have it then test by uninstalling it. If you sure that you don't have any patch etc. installed that could modify that file then you could restore it with original file using WEbOS recovery.