• 1 Post By geekpeter
  • 1 Post By geekpeter
  • 1 Post By geekpeter
  1.    #1  
    . .

http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...ech.quickkeykb

Quick-Keys Keyboard
    Version 1.1.7

Quick-Keys Keyboard now supports loading your own custom images of your choice for your keyboard.

Please create and attach your creations below, I would love to see what people can come up with.

If anyone with skills drawing keyboard images, using the program GIMP (an Image Manipulation Program), or any other means to create PNG images.

Read Below New Custom “Key Color” option that is described below :

Steps :

**This is a new advanced feature**

*Note* You must restart your phone after loading or changing the images if you are using the new Custom Keyboard image “key color” option.

In order to load custom images for your keyboard you must name the images as the following below:

keySmall.png

keyLarge.png

spaceSmall.png

spaceLarge.png

send.png

arrowsL.png

arrowsR.png

keyLarge3.png

spaceLarge3.png

All image names must be exact, all words start with a lower case letter and you must spell the word exactly including the one uppercase letter if it has one in the image name title.

(Example: keySmall.png, spaceLarge.png)

The keyLarge3.png and spaceLarge3.png are only needed if you are using a Pre3.

Simply drag the images you created that are named as followed above into your main USB section of your phone (not inside any folder, when you connect and view your USB section on the computer it opens directly the the location you want to load the images to).

The image sizes should be the following below (size in pixels or px) :

keySmall.png---> 32x42

keyLarge.png---> 48x42

spaceSmall.png---> 192x42

spaceLarge.png---> 288x42

send.png---> 50x20

arrowsL.png---> 40x20

arrowsR.png---> 40x20

keyLarge3.png---> 54x42

spaceLarge3.png---> 322x42

*Note* You must restart your phone after loading or changing the images if you are using the new Custom Keyboard image “key color” option.

I will try to maintain a link to all user submitted images posted in this forum in the first post or simply scroll through the forum.

Custom Image Post Links Below

Gray Shaded Thicker Style Image Set
    Amiga500 Theme
    slimkey
    Spectrum8k

* Thank you to anyone that takes the time to submit or create any keyboard images. *
    Last edited by djgardn2; 05/28/2013 at 04:33 PM.
    If you like any of my patches or apps, donations are appreciated. PayPal Link
    All Donations go towards my college classes & I want to thank anyone that purchases my apps or considers donating to me.
    -- 12 patches & 40 save/restore scripts.
    -Apps-
    Paid:
    Days To Come, Days Gone By, Quick-Keys Keyboard, Days Till Christmas, Days Till Christmas HD, Days Till New Year, Days Till New Year HD
    Free:
    Night Light Timer, webOS Launcher
  2.    #2  
    Here is a version you can use to load in your USB section of your phone.

This image set is currently New and not included inside the app currently.

Grey Keyboard Shaded Thicker (image below):

Attached Images Attached Images
    If you like any of my patches or apps, donations are appreciated. PayPal Link
    All Donations go towards my college classes & I want to thank anyone that purchases my apps or considers donating to me.
    -- 12 patches & 40 save/restore scripts.
    -Apps-
    Paid:
    Days To Come, Days Gone By, Quick-Keys Keyboard, Days Till Christmas, Days Till Christmas HD, Days Till New Year, Days Till New Year HD
    Free:
    Night Light Timer, webOS Launcher
    any chance you can just zip some images as a template to work from and upload the zip to dropbox or the likes?
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    any chance you can just zip some images as a template to work from and upload the zip to dropbox or the likes?
    If I understand you correctly, the easiest way to start off with a blank template is to first download and use GIMP to open one of the images attached in the second forum post with the "Gray Shaded Thicker Style Image Set" that you want to change or create.

Once, you downloaded and opened the image in the GIMP program you can create a blank template to work with by the following :

( starting at the top menu bar look for "Layer" )

1) Layer -> Delete Layer

You can go from there drawing or picking colors, etc to create to images you want.

Done, you now have a blank template to work with, See last step on how to export the image correctly (Step 5).

OR

Then, say you want to load your own image instead of starting from scratch. Once you selected Delete Layer you can do the following to re-size a loaded image of your choice inside GIMP.

( starting at the top menu bar look for "File" )

2) File-> Open as Layers

Once you selected the image you want and opened the image you can re-size the image to fit the correct size by the following:

( starting at the top menu bar look for "Tools" )

3) Tools-> Transform Tools-> Scale

Once you scaled the image it will probably be needed to be moved so it is in the correct spot to be seen in the template by the following steps:

( starting at the top menu bar look for "Tools" )

4) Tools-> Transform Tools-> Move

Move to the desired location.

Final Step Export the image :

( starting at the top menu bar look for "File" )

5) File-> Export

Click Export and then Click Export and your done.

Make sure the name is still correct and that the image file is .png and load the saved images into your USB section on your phone or tablet.

Let me know if that helps in any way and/or if you have more or other questions.

Note: I used GIMP 2 to write those instructions to follow.
    all is well, i knocked up a set for you which is in the style of my Amiga500 keyboard for the touchpad, just regimped the images and they work fine.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l0l1e6xkm4kvyy4/Amiga500.zip

enclosed screenshot, also do as you like with the enclosed zipped images, ill sleep on it then alter my other touchpad keyboard buttons into your format as well.

btw if you have the custom images load from a hidden folder they wont get indexed and show up in the photos app.

ie: /media/internal/.quickkeys

that would be very helpful and keep things tidy.
    djgardn2 likes this.
    added slimkey buttons.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qe164vy4nfjxtqe/SlimKeys.zip

NOTE: when i replaced 1 set of custom images with another the keyboard remained totally jet black even after several reboots, i had to uninstall/reinstall the whole app, then reboot to see my 2nd set of images.

Also, are the filenames you requested we use all correct, i only ask as when im clicking/moving around the keys i see a mangled image underneath, or have i made an error somewhere.
    djgardn2 likes this.
    added Spectrum8k rubber key buttons.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r5x60vvoqt...Spectrum8k.zip
    djgardn2 likes this.
  8.    #8  
    NOTE: when i replaced 1 set of custom images with another the keyboard remained totally jet black even after several reboots, i had to uninstall/reinstall the whole app, then reboot to see my 2nd set of images.
    Possible solution is to delete the all the keyboard images off your phone before loading a new set of images. Once images are deleted then load the new images and reboot the phone.

I'm not sure what happened but I will certainly try to reproduce the issue or keep me posted if you seem to run into this issue again (or if anyone else runs into this issue also).

Maybe also check that all the file names are correct (from the zip files everything looks correctly named).

Also, are the filenames you requested we use all correct, i only ask as when im clicking/moving around the keys i see a mangled image underneath, or have i made an error somewhere.
    If you misspell the file names (or misspelled a file once before) the image will simply not show up. On the other hand if you miss a capital letter through the name I have found the phone/tablet may displace the image falsely or even only half the image.

I will double check that all instructions are correct and error free but I believe everything is correct. I have loaded your images and I haven't seen any mangled images underneath show that I am seeing.

Possibly try to delete all the images off your USB section, restart your phone, then reload the images, and restart your phone. I'm not sure if that will do anything but might be worth a try.

It is possible you are referring to the Pop-up Letter image that displays behind the letter you are hovering over or typing, if that is the case then I haven't set up code for that to change with different keyboard colors/images but can certainly test and consider that as an option. Let me know if that is what you are referring to.

Thank you for the nice keyboard images I like them, keep them coming.

A side note:

Feel free to test around with different key image sizes, you might get a better feel or look to your button. You can re-size just the image layer or the entire button size.
    yes its the popup image i was referring too, i assumed that image woudl be 1 of the smallbutton images yet it looks like i see a stretched image of something different, cant really make it out tbh.

ill try playing around some more, cheers for the info.