Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By djgardn2
  1.    #1  
    This thread is for people to ask about the new feature for Quick-Keys Keyboard.

New in version 1.1.6 The Quick Keys feature can now launch up to three applications.

I will try to update and maintain this first post if there are any app id's people cannot find through the app catalog or default stock applications that you may want to know in order to launch applications using the Quick Keys feature of the app.

A nice list of app id's for stock phone applications can be found : Click Here for Phone app id's used for App Launching

If you would like you can set the app to open up directly to the Quick-Key feature instead of the keyboard first by simply turning "on" the 'Enable Launch to Q.K.' located inside the Keyboard Settings page.

Inside Keyboard Settings Page Click on Edit Quick Keys button, then add one of the following:

You must include NO spaces and always include *qk1* at beginning followed by the app id.
    See below:

Example launching 1 app :

*qk1*com.palm.app.calculator

If you launch two apps you must include *qk1* and *qk2*
    See below:

Example launching 2 apps :

*qk1*com.palm.app.calculator*qk2*com.palm.app.browser

If you launch three apps you must include *qk1* and *qk2* and *qk3* as seen below.

Example launching 3 apps:

*qk1*com.palm.app.calculator*qk2*com.palm.app.browser*qk3*com.palm.app.calendar

Note Touchpad Users :
    For calculator app use
    com.palm.calculator

Note Phone Users :
    For calculator app use
    com.palm.app.calculator

The easiest way to find app id's is to open the App Catalog to the app you are wanting to launch and then click the "share" button and select "text message" you will see something like this:

Check out Days To Come:
    http: // developer.palm. com /appredirect/?packageid=com.gardnertech.daystocome&applicationid=9092

The Bold above is your app id you want to use.

If you are unfamiliar with Quick Key features of Quick-Keys Keyboard a good article about the different uses can be found here : Create predefined responses with Quick Keys Keyboard | webOS Nation

Quick-Keys Keyboard App Catalog Link: App Catalog Link
    Quick-Keys Keyboard Main forum thread : New App: Quick-Keys Keyboard (QWERTY & AZERTY & QWERTZ)
    If you like any of my patches or apps, donations are appreciated. PayPal Link
    All Donations go towards my college classes & I want to thank anyone that purchases my apps or considers donating to me.
    -- 12 patches & 40 save/restore scripts.
    -Apps-
    Paid:
    Days To Come, Days Gone By, Quick-Keys Keyboard, Days Till Christmas, Days Till Christmas HD, Days Till New Year, Days Till New Year HD
    Free:
    Night Light Timer, webOS Launcher
    cbosdell and Rnp like this.
    Thanks for the update. Any chance the vibrate on keyboard launch can be removed or set via a preference option?

Thanks
    Baldric

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by baldric View Post
    Thanks for the update. Any chance the vibrate on keyboard launch can be removed or set via a preference option?

Thanks
    Baldric

You can change the vibrate to be turned off inside your "sound & ringtones" app that is on your TouchPad device.

You will want to turn the "vibrate off" when inside the sound & ringtones app.

If you would like to see screenshots for a guide you can click the link below:
    Click here for screenshots how to disable vibrate on TouchPad

It is the 5th post from the top.

Note: You can disable the vibrate feature on phones as well but the instructions are slightly different.
    All Donations go towards my college classes & I want to thank anyone that purchases my apps or considers donating to me.
    -Apps-
    Paid:
    Days To Come, Days Gone By, Quick-Keys Keyboard, Days Till Christmas, Days Till Christmas HD, Days Till New Year, Days Till New Year HD
    Free:
    Thanks for the info, but isnt that system wide? I just want the vibrate for keyboard launch to be disabled and nothing else.

Baldric

5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by baldric View Post
    Thanks for the info, but isnt that system wide? I just want the vibrate for keyboard launch to be disabled and nothing else.

Baldric

Yes, This is system wide.

HP/Palm did not provide a way for developers to access those settings and must be changed manually by the user.

The vibrate for the keyboard launch is default as well as the chime-bell sound at first launch also. Those are default features when the notification area gets enlarged.

It is out of my control to provide a feature in the app to access this but there are ways to work around the issue like the one stated above.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Quote Originally Posted by djgardn2 View Post
    Yes, This is system wide.

HP/Palm did not provide a way for developers to access those settings and must be changed manually by the user.

The vibrate for the keyboard launch is default as well as the chime-bell sound at first launch also. Those are default features when the notification area gets enlarged.

It is out of my control to provide a feature in the app to access this but there are ways to work around the issue like the one stated above.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
    One of the many things/mistakes of Palm not providing tools necessary for developers to take advantage of the features in WebOS, which makes it totally legit to see big or small developers not taking interest into webOS......anyways, great application.

I purchased a copy of your app, its super nice and makes typing on my Pre2 much easier without having to bothered with the slider. One thing that I noticed, its a small annoyance definitely is the vibration when launching keyboard and if anyone makes a mistake with a word that you type into the text field, there's no way to correct with the app....the user is forced to open slider to fix the mistake. Is there any way to allow the app to correct those words that were accidentally typed?
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    if anyone makes a mistake with a word that you type into the text field, there's no way to correct with the app....the user is forced to open slider to fix the mistake. Is there any way to allow the app to correct those words that were accidentally typed?

One way to reduce this issue is to use the App Mode feature that is available, inside App Mode you will have more typing capability with deleting using the backspace.

To get to 'App mode' (Tap the SpaceShip/Rocket key) while the keyboard is showing or see the advanced feature to add an app to your launcher that will launch directly to App Mode with one press.

1) In App Mode you can also type any text you want to and then swipe up to close the app (your typed text is automatically copied to your clipboard), then you can simply paste your text into your desired app that your were wanting to type in.

2) In App Mode you have the option to type up emails, write a text message, open a website, open maps to an address, look up a definition, or set & save a Quick-Key for later by selecting one of the buttons at the top.

For Text Messages type the phone number you want to text,
    Tap the enter/return button once (the green bottom right button ),
    and then type your main message you want to text,
    Once finished and ready to send Tap the Top Left Message Icon.

For an Email type the email address you want to email,
    then type your subject/title you want for the email,
    and then type your main message for the email,
    Once finished and ready to send Tap the Top Email Icon.
    (For more then one email address type the email addresses separated by semi-colons)

Currently I have spent many hours reading, researching, and testing various things to make the delete key work while using other apps but unfortunately I have not found a solution that works or is available. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions for me to test or try keep me posted but it seems that is not an available feature that developers have access to while using another app.

The red arrow is to backspace (delete letter) for the current word that is in the top edit window.

Example: If you spelled a word incorrectly when typing a word you can backspace (delete) the letter or letters, this is while a word is inside the top edit window of the app (between the left and right double arrows).

These two arrows are for you to be able to go inside of a word on the top edit bar so that you can insert a letter, etc.

Example:

Say you misspelled a word you are typing and instead of deleting the word up to the missing letter spot you can use the left arrow to move to the missing letter and then enter it in.

If you are typing the word "eample" you can use the left arrow key to move five spaces to the left to insert the "x" for the correct spelling for "example" then you can click the right arrow to get to the end of the word and keep typing like adding an "s" to make the word "examples" before you send it off to a text-field in an app.
    Quote Originally Posted by djgardn2 View Post
    The red arrow is to backspace (delete letter) for the current word that is in the top edit window.

Example: If you spelled a word incorrectly when typing a word you can backspace (delete) the letter or letters, this is while a word is inside the top edit window of the app (between the left and right double arrows).

These two arrows are for you to be able to go inside of a word on the top edit bar so that you can insert a letter, etc.

Example:

Say you misspelled a word you are typing and instead of deleting the word up to the missing letter spot you can use the left arrow to move to the missing letter and then enter it in.

If you are typing the word "eample" you can use the left arrow key to move five spaces to the left to insert the "x" for the correct spelling for "example" then you can click the right arrow to get to the end of the word and keep typing like adding an "s" to make the word "examples" before you send it off to a text-field in an app.
    Thanks djgardn2 for your tips, I totally appreciated as much time that I spent with your app...the more I get used to using it and typing on it, the better I get with it. Again, great work homebrew developer, loving the app so much. One tiny thing that I wish you could consider when updating your "Quick-Keys" WebOS application will be to change the design on the keyboard to more like WebOS TouchPad on-screen keyboard or Blackberry 10 on-screen keyboard:

For Example: a similar design to WebOS TouchPad

or BlackBerry 10 keyboard:

Thanks
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I have a Palm Pre whose keyboard has stopped working. It is no longer on a mobile network but the kids were using it on wifi. Is there a way to purchase and load Quick Keys onto that Pre? Thanks for any help.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by uwpress View Post
    I have a Palm Pre whose keyboard has stopped working. It is no longer on a mobile network but the kids were using it on wifi. Is there a way to purchase and load Quick Keys onto that Pre? Thanks for any help.

I'm not to sure if it would be possible or not without access to the keyboard initially. Hopefully someone else will see your post that might be able to think of some work around.

Quick questions that might be useful to others seeing your post :

1) What webOS version are you running?
    2) Is the phone currently connected to your webOS account?
    3) Have you paired a Bluetooth keyboard to the phone ever in the past?
    4) Have you ever enabled developer mode on the device before?
    -Apps-
    Paid:
    Free: