webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developer Forums >  DynamicDuoDesign > New App: Quick-Keys Keyboard (QWERTY & AZERTY & QWERTZ)
New App: Quick-Keys Keyboard (QWERTY & AZERTY & QWERTZ)
Like Tree1Likes

Old 04/15/2012, 03:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

What's New:
1.1.6 The Quick Keys feature can now launch up to three applications.
Click here to see details 1.1.6 Update information
1.1.5 New Advanced User Option, Change Rocket Key Function option
1.1.4 New Advanced User Option, App-Mode Launcher Feature. This can be found on the bottom of the Keyboard Settings Page.
1.1.3 Added ◊New: ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ Keyboard Layout◊ You can change to the bubble keyboard layout while inside the Keyboard Settings Page, you will need to scroll down to about the middle of the page and then select the Keyboard option of your choice
1.1.2 Added 32 more symbols/accents to be included (115 total now supported) and enhanced keyboard function. Tap the "?!" button four times to show all 32 newly added accents/symbols.

Available on all WebOS devices.

For anyone that wants to silence the chime-bell sound when opening the Keyboard see the below post for description of installing a patch through Preware Click Here

To Disable vibrate on TouchPad when opening Keyboard see Link -> Disable Vibrate Guide

AZERTY & QWERTZ Layouts ( Now Available )

Already supports QWERTY layout.

Keyboard or Quick-Keys Always available in the notification area on your phone or tablet.

Quick-Keys Keyboard interacts with virtually every app on your WebOS device (TouchPad owners read at end, Special Case in Only One App).

You can type one word and send it to any text field on your device.

Or

With one simple tap of a Quick-Key, You have Quick-Keys that stores anything like a Password, Login, Email, sentence, phone number, or an Address.

Works for any text field on any app on your device.

55 custom Quick-Keys to save for simple one tap access that automatically pastes into a text field.

Send entire sentences with one tap of a button automatically.

There is a Quick-Key Timestamp available in two options :

month/day/year 12hr
or
"day.month.year 24hr ( Now Available coming soon in next update version 1.0.1)"

There is also an 'App mode' (Tap the SpaceShip/Rocket key) that allows you to type up emails, write text message, open a website, open maps to an address, look up a definition, or set & save a Quick-Key for later.

You manually open the "Quick-Keys Keyboard" in the notification area while using a text field when needed or have it already opened ready to use for a text field.

Be Sure to Tap the text field you want to use so the keyboard can send text to the text field when using the Quick-Key Keyboard.

Change Keyboard Layout when inside "Keyboard Settings", you may need to scroll down to see it depending on device. ( Now Available coming in next update version 1.0.1) Three Keyboard options AZERTY,QWERTY, and QWERTZ

Note ( TouchPad Only) :

TouchPad owners for 'web browser' app Only (all other apps work in one Tap to enter information automatically), you will have to use Quick-Keys in two steps, Tap the Quick-Key you want, then long press over text field wanted until the Paste pop up shows, then click paste and your Login or Email or sentence is entered. Mini Keyboard or Quick-Keys for your TouchPad, works with your Stock virtual keyboard & does not replace it (TouchPad Only)

It is now available for $1.25 in the App Catalog Link below:
http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...ech.quickkeykb

Thanks for taking a look.

Screenshots Attached

New in Version 1.0.3 Now has 11 Keyboard Layout Colors to choose from

More Color Keyboard Layout images found here -> Click Here
-Apps-
Paid:
Days To Come, Days Gone By, Quick-Keys Keyboard, Days Till Christmas, Days Till Christmas HD, Days Till New Year, Days Till New Year HD
Free:
Night Light Timer, webOS Launcher

Last edited by djgardn2; 03/19/2013 at 05:31 PM.
djgardn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by matchqq likes this.
Thanked By: star777
Old 04/15/2012, 03:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Patch install Guide to Disable chime bell sound when First Launching Keyboard

You will need to download the "Advanced Systems Prefs - System Prefs" by sconix.

Attached is a couple of screenshots that you might find helpful in walking you through where to change the chime bell sound.

I also attached a silentSoundMP3.mp3 file that you can use to put inside your "ringtones" folder when your phone is connected to the computer in 'usb mode'.

All you need to do is put the "silentSoundMP3.mp3" file into the 'ringtones' folder and then you can manually select the sound file as seen in photo's/screenshots I attached to the forum post.

A verbal walk through of what to do is this:

If you have advance configuration for systems preferences installed you can go into "sound settings" app and change your "notify" under ring & alert tones (that will control the sound you want to change ).
-Apps-
Paid:
Days To Come, Days Gone By, Quick-Keys Keyboard, Days Till Christmas, Days Till Christmas HD, Days Till New Year, Days Till New Year HD
Free:

Last edited by djgardn2; 04/15/2012 at 04:59 PM.
Old 04/18/2012, 12:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Version 1.0.1 Update now available

Now Includes AZERTY and QWERTZ

You also can change the Quick-Key Timestamp inside Keyboard Settings to be either

month/day/year 12hr

or

day/month/year 24hr

Other minor changes included also

Note : Update for Pre3 Landscape Keyboard Coming Soon in version 1.0.2
Old 04/19/2012, 11:53 AM   #4 (permalink)

I love this! I was SO tired of typing in my long email address all the time :-)

only questions:
what are the "pause to type" settings for?
why does my TP still buzz at me even with haptic feedback turned off?
gamoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: djgardn2
Old 04/19/2012, 01:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamoses View Post
I love this! I was SO tired of typing in my long email address all the time :-)

only questions:
what are the "pause to type" settings for?
why does my TP still buzz at me even with haptic feedback turned off?

The pause to type setting is for the keyboard you can slide your fingers over the keys to type instead of 'tapping'. The speed you set manually , the time can be changed depending how fast you can slide and pause on each key.

You can change the vibrate to be turned off inside your "sound & ringtones" app that is on your TouchPad device.
You will want to turn the "vibrate off" when inside the sound & ringtones app.

That vibrate feature you are referring to in the Quick-Keys Keyboard App is for the TouchPad to vibrate on each keyboard press or quick-key press.

Screenshots Attached for guide on changing the TouchPad Vibrate off

Last edited by djgardn2; 04/19/2012 at 08:20 PM.
Old 04/19/2012, 07:14 PM   #6 (permalink)

ooooh shiney, ill take a gander at this at work tomorrow i think.
geekpeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/19/2012, 07:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Version 1.0.2 is now available for download

Landscape keyboard is now fixed on the Pre3

Note: for Landscape keyboard "tapping" is disabled by default ( changeable in Keyboard Settings page to enable/disable )

http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...tionid=1000758

P.S. I will update my previous post describing how to disable the vibrate on the TouchPad with screenshot images to help guide you through changing Vibrate to off. For anyone that finds it useful.
Old 04/19/2012, 08:30 PM   #8 (permalink)

Hello Djgardn2,

Yes, landscape Pre 3 keyboard is working well, but there is black empty space on the right and bottom of the keyboard and the blank space on the right makes right thumb harder to reach the keyboard. Can you make the keyboard full width of the landscape screen? Bigger keys would make it easier to type too.

Besides, is it possible to make a split keyboard on landscape mode? The width of the Pre 3 screen would make reaching to keys in the middle kind of hard.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
matchqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/19/2012, 08:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

@matchqq

Thank you for the feedback.

I unfortunately do not have a Pre3 to test on (wish I did though ). The only issue I have is testing the Quick-Keys keyboard for the Pre3. On the Pre3 emulator it has a funny bug that reacts with my app causing it to restart/shutdown/reboot every-time I try to go into landscape for testing while using other apps (example web browser app, etc ).

Currently the Pre3 landscape keyboard is scaled up to be the Pre size screen, although I do have plans to attempt to update the landscape to stretch the full Pre3 width. As for the split keyboard screen that's an interesting idea and I will definitely keep that in mind to see if I could figure that out.

I plan to release some small changes in the app, but that will be put on hold until my semester and finals are over. I will see what I can come up with for Pre3 users.
-Apps-
Paid:
Free:
Old 04/19/2012, 09:08 PM   #10 (permalink)

Uhh I had a Pre 3 with broken camera but had sold it on ebay. Should've kept it for developers' who need it... Anyway, thanks for the response. Looking forward to improvements and more features on Quick-keys keyboard. :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
matchqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/19/2012, 10:18 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djgardn2 View Post

You can change the vibrate to be turned off inside your "sound & ringtones" app that is on your TouchPad device.
You will want to turn the "vibrate off" when inside the sound & ringtones app.

[/U]
oh I see
actually I want that on for other apps, but i can live with this
thanks for answering so quick :-)
gamoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/20/2012, 10:33 AM   #12 (permalink)

I see this keyboard app works with webOS 1.4.5 devices. I think I'd like to try it, but is anyone here already using it on a Pre+ running 1.4.5.1? I'd like to hear your thoughts on how you like it. I tried the VKB back in 2010, but it seemed laggy and buggy and so I gave up on that. I'm willing to give this one a go...so...any 1.4.5 users got some helpful info?

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Rockbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/30/2012, 11:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Just to let any phone users know that may not have seen the YouTube Video it is now viewable when inside the app description on the App Catalog (it wasn't showing before).

Also a side note, my semester is almost over and I plan to put together a new update this weekend that will include :

More Keyboard Color Layout options (all devices)

and

A optimized Pre3 Landscape keyboard to get rid of the black strip on the right side when in landscape (Pre3 users only).

If anyone would like to request a Keyboard color option feel free to post a suggested color you would like to see. I can't guarantee I can mimic the color you suggest but I will certainly see what I can create.

Keep a look out during next week for the update and I will post here to let everyone know when it's available for download.

If you are enjoying the Quick-Keys Keyboard app, please rate the app in the App Catalog. I do try to check reviews daily and appreciate any constructive feedback.

Thank you to everyone who takes the time to review the app.

Attached is a sneak preview of a white keyboard color that is my favorite (portrait and landscape view attached)

Attached Images
File Type: png quickkeykb_2012-26-04_222406.png (57.5 KB, 200 views) Email Attachment
File Type: png Unknown_2012-25-04_171231.png (154.9 KB, 199 views) Email Attachment
-Apps-
Paid:
Free:

Last edited by djgardn2; 05/07/2012 at 04:58 PM.
Old 05/07/2012, 05:18 PM   #14 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Version 1.0.3 Now Available

New Changes:

Now has 11 Keyboard Layout Colors to choose from

Optimized Pre3 Landscape Keyboard to fit the entire screen

-Apps-
Paid:
Free:
Old 05/13/2012, 01:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Here is a sneak peek of the new feature that will be included in the next update coming in the very near future.

Coming In Version 1.0.4

You will now have access to 32 accent symbols and I also added in an ampersand symbol

When on the Keyboard view :

1) You can get to Accents by tapping the "!?" button twice to display all 32 accent symbols.

2) To view ampersand symbol and other symbols you tap the "!?" button once to display symbols (ampersand symbol is located in the bottom right corner)

Sneak Peak picture attached bellow of all 32 accent symbols :

Attached Images
File Type: png Unknown_2012-13-05_141847.png (85.4 KB, 173 views) Email Attachment
File Type: png Unknown_2012-13-05_141941.png (153.0 KB, 5 views) Email Attachment
-Apps-
Paid:
Free:
Old 05/15/2012, 03:10 PM   #16 (permalink)

Could a Tab key be placed in there somewhere?
p41m3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/15/2012, 06:12 PM   #17 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
Could a Tab key be placed in there somewhere?
Yes, It is already there available to use.

To see the "tab" button you need to make sure your keyboard letters are lower case (on any keyboard qwerty, qwertz, azerty).

You can see the the tab located in the very bottom left of the keyboard, you can see the tab button in the images attached in the first post or attached below:

Also letting everyone know That version 1.0.4 is now available for download that includes 32 accent symbols and the ampersand symbol

Attached Images
File Type: png Unknown_2012-15-05_192154.png (153.4 KB, 164 views) Email Attachment
-Apps-
Paid:
Free:

Last edited by djgardn2; 05/15/2012 at 06:23 PM.
Thanked By: p41m3r
Old 05/20/2012, 05:23 PM   #18 (permalink)

Any chance to get this one outside of the US? More specifically in Austria?
hushhush1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/23/2012, 07:50 AM   #19 (permalink)

djgardn2 - nice to finally be able to use the screen to input text etc. Thanks.

I know it looks nice to have a 3D effect on the keys and the images you provide above are extra large and do look good. But when they are squeezed onto the little screen they can look 'cramped'. Is there a way to replicate the look of the Touchpad keys? I actually think it's one of the nicest ones around!

@hushhush1 - have you tried with App Tuckerbox installed? With this, the alpha and the beta feeds I have over 9700 apps available in Preware!
MikeN68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/23/2012, 10:48 PM   #20 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

@hushhush1

Unfortunately, Currently there is nothing I can do at the moment, I have emailed HP/Palm and currently waiting for a reply. If there is a way in the future I will certainly update the post and let everyone know.

I know there is some ways that people have had success with purchasing an app through the official app catalog with an unsupported country, but takes some extra steps and researching exactly how. I'm sorry I don't have a good direct answer for the question.

If anyone with success stories on purchasing apps with an unsupported country, if you would kindly provide details or steps on how to do so, I would tremendously appreciate it.

@MikeN68

Thank you.

I appreciate the feedback, I will certainly keep that in mind when trying out different layouts. I do know I'm maxed out on the space I have to work with, so it would have to shrink the keys down a little in size possibly making it even harder to tap them. I do like the TouchPad keyboard and it would be neat if one day I could replicate something similar to its style.

I do know I will be working on another update in the near future that will add some small new additions.

Also For Those that haven't Downloaded the Latest version 1.0.5 is now Available for download

New feature is "Enhanced Pop-Up Keys" option inside the Keyboard Settings Scene

If anyone gets the chance, please leave a review, I appreciate it.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0