webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developer Forums >  DynamicDuoDesign > New App: Quick-Keys Keyboard (QWERTY & AZERTY & QWERTZ)
New App: Quick-Keys Keyboard (QWERTY & AZERTY & QWERTZ)
Like Tree1Likes

Old 06/14/2012, 09:28 AM   #21 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Hi,

I just downloaded this in the UK. I don't know if that's 'supported'.

Looks good. I like the hardware keyboard, but this adds functionality. Also, I can finally type 'tab'! I reckon there must be a key combination that does it on the hardware, but I haven't found it.
Preemptive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2012, 01:11 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
Also, I can finally type 'tab'! I reckon there must be a key combination that does it on the hardware, but I haven't found it.
Yea, is there a hardware tab key on any of the devices, or a key combo? Could one be added to the 'Sym' popup?
p41m3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/20/2012, 09:36 PM   #23 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

@Preemptive

Thank you, glad you like the Tab key. I hope you enjoy using the app.

@p41m3r

I looked around online for a little bit and couldn't find any key combination that would simulate a "tab" indent function.

It would be an interesting idea for a patch though. I might have to take a look into it possibly when I get a chance (or anyone else is welcome to make a patch).

Also a sneak peak of a future update coming very soon hopefully

New: added in 20 more accents and symbols to be available.

That makes a total of 83 available accents and symbols now.

New: Added 12 emoticon buttons (smiley, etc)

Image Attached below:

Attached Images
File Type: png Unknown_2012-20-06_215845.png (156.5 KB, 90 views) Email Attachment
-Apps-
Paid:
Days To Come, Days Gone By, Quick-Keys Keyboard, Days Till Christmas, Days Till Christmas HD, Days Till New Year, Days Till New Year HD
Free:
Night Light Timer, webOS Launcher
djgardn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: p41m3r
Old 06/21/2012, 12:36 AM   #24 (permalink)

Is it possible to make the virtual keyboard function as the physical keyboard that typing on it gives direct input to JustType or wherever the cursor is?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
matchqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/21/2012, 02:57 PM   #25 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchqq View Post
Is it possible to make the virtual keyboard function as the physical keyboard that typing on it gives direct input to JustType or wherever the cursor is?

Yes there is but there is a catch, as soon as you tap the button there would be no chance to edit the text without using the real TouchPad keyboard so if you miss typed you wouldn't have a chance to correct yourself.

I could consider making that a special feature if there is more interest in this idea and/or if you think you would still want it considering the special catch, I will see what I can come up with (maybe an advanced users option(s) ).
-Apps-
Paid:
Days To Come, Days Gone By, Quick-Keys Keyboard, Days Till Christmas, Days Till Christmas HD, Days Till New Year, Days Till New Year HD
Free:
Thanked By: matchqq
Old 07/05/2012, 09:34 AM   #26 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

thanks for the tip to have special charakters like Umlauts in enyo apps (which can't be accessed yause SYM-key does not work) using this app.

Only the german are missing for now.
Old 07/05/2012, 07:40 PM   #27 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
thanks for the tip to have special characters like Umlauts in enyo apps (which can't be accessed because the SYM-key does not work) using this app.

Only the german are missing for now.
Thanks, I hope you find the app useful. It has a number of key features Umlauts or Accents I think is one of them.

I will certainly work on adding .

I am not sure if I will add those symbols along with more symbols or possibly just take out two less used or not needed Umlaut/Accent symbols and replace them with the .

Anyone that use Accents or Umlauts please comment here on what symbols are used and what are not used or most rarely used, I would greatly appreciate the feedback (please post comments below)

Thank you for anyone that comments , feel free to list most commonly used accents or umlauts you use and also ones you do not use (from the list of Symbols below) :

The Above Symbols Are All Included inside the Quick-Keys Keyboard App found by tapping the "?1" button.

Anyone, Please list two or more Accents or Umlauts that are least important to use or is not common to use (from above list).

Note: There are 3 separate symbol pages (tap once, twice, or three times)
-Apps-
Paid:
Free:

Last edited by djgardn2; 07/05/2012 at 07:50 PM.
Old 07/06/2012, 01:15 AM   #28 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Well i can say for germany the most used are € and the mentioned , but i think here in europe nearly all of the listed are used.
Thanked By: djgardn2
Old 07/07/2012, 02:50 PM   #29 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Update 1.0.9 Now Available

* New Advanced Users Options *

1) Disable Banner Pop-Up Message at first Start

(This saves roughly 5 Seconds at First Start)

2) Auto-Paste Letters

http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...ech.quickkeykb

Also note that the App is Still On Sale I will be most likely be raising the Price at the end of this month or soon after.

Please leave a review if you haven't already I would appreciate it and I do read them.
-Apps-
Paid:
Free:
Old 07/07/2012, 03:57 PM   #30 (permalink)

Hi Djgardn2, some suggestions here.

I find on my Pre3 when I type with Quick-keys keyboard on the home screen, typing in Space would send the text out to JustType instead of a space in text box. This makes editing typed text before a space impossible.

As for the new option to disable Banner Pop-up message, why not disable the whole keyboard setting screen when launching? I almost never change the settings after the first time but still have to launch to the settings screen and tap Enable Keyboard every time using the app. Being able to one tap launching the app into notification area would be much easier.

Old 07/08/2012, 04:03 PM   #31 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchqq View Post
Hi Djgardn2, some suggestions here.

I find on my Pre3 when I type with Quick-keys keyboard on the home screen, typing in Space would send the text out to JustType instead of a space in text box. This makes editing typed text before a space impossible.

As for the new option to disable Banner Pop-up message, why not disable the whole keyboard setting screen when launching? I almost never change the settings after the first time but still have to launch to the settings screen and tap Enable Keyboard every time using the app. Being able to one tap launching the app into notification area would be much easier.

@matchqq

Thank you for the feedback, I appreciate it.

I will certainly try to put together the one tap launching idea, sounds like a good advanced users option.

For the space, when you say text box you mean the top edit window between the two double arrows on the keyboard?

There is a way to have it include spaces currently (sort of a special catch/case) without it sending to the textfield but the text viewing window is very small and fits only a few words. Unless you are on certain colors like gold or gold+ then you could see the text behind or barely through the keyboard.

Or

A better official way is to use "App Mode" and then you could do all the typing with spaces or deleting inside app mode.

You have the ability to do two things

1) Type your message and choose from any of the 6 options (text message, email, website, definition, address, or save to a Quick-Key for later use)

* See app help link inside app for more details *

2) Type your message in app mode and then swipe away the card, the text is automatically saved to your clipboard and you can "Paste" the text where ever you would like. On TouchPad simply long press when inside a text field and then tap the paste option.

A Side Note I most likely won't be able to get around to an update until after my exams this week. Sorry for the delay. I do have plans to add more advanced user options like the above stated (hopefully with success in coding it) and also the ability to set different order selections that the symbol/accent keyboard would display on first tap, second tap, etc.

Thank you for anyone that takes the time to rate my app(s).
-Apps-
Paid:
Free:
Old 07/08/2012, 07:09 PM   #32 (permalink)

Yeah I meant the window between two double arrows.

I know through the App Mode I can type with spaces without sending text out. But for making input to JustType or a webpage, doing so by the popup keyboard is easier and better blended with the OS than the App Mode does. So still hope it can work that way. PS: Tab also sends text out like Space does.

Good luck with your exams!

Old 07/18/2012, 10:33 AM   #33 (permalink)

It's really great app.

I'll try to use it and see how it turnout by using this app. I've used to a qwerty keyboard for now I'm trying to use dextr it's on a different keystroke.

Thanks for the wonderful thoughts brought out on this thread.
lykit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/20/2012, 12:21 AM   #34 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Version 1.1.0 is now available for download.

http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...tionid=1000758

It includes two more advanced user options:

1) You can now change the order of your "?1" number/symbol/accents pages.

2) You can add a new app icon to your launcher that will directly launch the app to the notification area without needing to turn it on in preferences (Keyboard Settings).

Also, coming soon in version 1.1.1 will be a fix for 1.4.5 users to make #2 latest feature to launch correctly (all other users not affected). Sorry about that.

Anyone that would like to see new Accents/Umlauts/Symbols , etc. You are welcome to make any recommendations on what you would like to see. I have roughly 32 keyboard spots I'm adding to be included with a couple spots already used. If it is possible I will try to add it. Thank you for any feedback, I appreciate it.
-Apps-
Paid:
Free:
Old 07/20/2012, 12:44 AM   #35 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

well besindes the very needed , i would like to have | pipe and ~ tilde for console/ssh operations.
Old 07/29/2012, 12:36 AM   #36 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

This is a little sneak peek into what symbols will be included inside the next update.

Over 10+ hours of coding and testing, we have 32 more unique symbols supported.

These symbols will soon be supported :

♣ ♦ ♥ ♠
~ | • ◊ ∞
{ } Δ θ ∴ ^ ƒ

I also added some speed improvements for the keyboard with a code overhaul inside the next update.

As soon as this update is available for download I will post in this forum.

Picture Attached Below:

Attached Images
File Type: png notes_2012-29-07_011512.png (48.6 KB, 34 views) Email Attachment
-Apps-
Paid:
Free:
Old 11/06/2012, 06:21 PM   #37 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

There has been a number of Advanced User Options that have been recently added to the Quick-Keys Keyboard app that can be found at the bottom of the Keyboard Settings Page.

I know I have missed posting about a couple of the updates so here is a few screenshots and information below for those of you that are interested.

As always please consider taking the time to review Quick-Keys Keyboard in the App Catalog I greatly appreciate it and do read the reviews.

Unfortunately my review section for the app was hit by a bug and caused someones 3 star review be repeated over 80 times crushing the rating in the App Catalog along with hiding all previous positive reviews. Feel free to update your review or review the app if you like any of the latest updates.

If you have any questions or suggestions your welcome to contact me in this forum or for fastest assistance contact through my email found in the help link inside the app.

What's New :

1.1.5 New Advanced User Option, Change Rocket Key Function option
1.1.4 New Advanced User Option, App-Mode Launcher Feature. This can be found on the bottom of the Keyboard Settings Page.
1.1.3 Added ◊New: ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ Keyboard Layout◊ You can change to the bubble keyboard layout while inside the Keyboard Settings Page, you will need to scroll down to about the middle of the page and then select the Keyboard option of your choice
1.1.2 Added 32 more symbols/accents to be included (115 total now supported) and enhanced keyboard function. Tap the "?!" button four times to show all 32 newly added accents/symbols.
Attached Images
File Type: png Unknown_2012-06-11_190646.png (154.1 KB, 24 views) Email Attachment
File Type: png quickkeykb_2012-06-11_190743.png (45.5 KB, 24 views) Email Attachment
-Apps-
Paid:
Free:

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0