1.    #1  
    Please use this forum to discuss DigiCamera or DigiCamera Lite
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Http://www.digikatsoftware.com
    I get the following error when I launch DigiCamera Lite:

Notice
    The Camera failed to initialize with error 4.
    Please close DigiCamera and try again later.
  3.    #3  
    This is because the camera failed to initialize. Palm tells us that webOS still has bugs in this area. Usually if you close and reopen the app it will work.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Quote Originally Posted by merphie View Post
    This is because the camera failed to initialize. Palm tells us that webOS still has bugs in this area. Usually if you close and reopen the app it will work.
    I am getting the same issue. I tried to close and reopen the application which worked for not even 2 seconds then the app gave me the same error message.

might I add that I am experiencing this on a touchpad.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Anyone figured out a solution for the camera error yet? Skype, Freecam and DigiCamera Lite give me errors and can't function.
    I'm getting this issue too on top of 100 other things. Any help would be appreciated.

I've tried rebooting. I erased everything and reinstalled my account. I tried multiple camera apps... Still nothing. Maybe one day it will work. Seems to be how this touchpad rolls anyway.
  7.    #7  
    There's still bugs in the webOS. Usually shutting down the touchpad will correct the problem.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    my touchpad running 3.0.4 and none of the camera apps (Sykpes, Camera) work with TouchPad, HP support ask me to use Digicamera Lite, results is always return same failed to initialize with error 4. was told by HP support to wait for next software update... wasn't given any date.
  9.    #9  
    Error 4 is common. Usually just shutting the touchpad off and then restarting fixes the issue.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Had confirm to be hardware issue, replace the unit and no issue since