Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    We are considering developing a ODBII application to read vehicle diagnostics.

This would probably use bluetooth and/or WiFi to connect to the vehicle.

Feature request?
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Http://www.digikatsoftware.com
    one app that covered multiple car companies would be ideal. Having to buy a reader for every make of vehicle gets expensive
  3.    #3  
    That shouldn't be a problem since most of them follow the OBD II standard.

Of course all of them have special codes specific to their vehicles, but you would get the standard information for every vehicle.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Support for Bluetooth ELM327. I have one in my drawer that I haven't used in ages since my N810 got phased out.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Bluetooth support would be great. Similar software features like Rev has would be great as well.
  6.    #6  
    What's rev?
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by merphie View Post
    What's rev?
    One of the software programs that supports kiwi wifi--iphone only though:

DevToaster - Rev - iPhone app development, Great iPhone apps, and more

But has a lot of neat/needed features.
  8.    #8  
    Definately looks good. The graphics will take some time to implement.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Sounds very interesting and I can see this being handy! Sorli...
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by merphie View Post
    Definately looks good. The graphics will take some time to implement.
    Well there's definite a ton to that program, so I don't think you'd need to come out of the gate with all those features....stats to start would be great.

I'm a new developer and learning as I go, so if there's anything I can contribute and help with, I'd be glad to help out.
    Support for reading the device while both phone and device are connected through a windows computer via USB.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    Support for reading the device while both phone and device are connected through a windows computer via USB.
    I don't think that's possible because the PC would have to forward the information somehow.

With a WiFi or bluetooth reader you should be able to connect the PC and phone serpately.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    What is your timeline on this app merphie? The rev app for apple would be great to shoot for but I would be happy without all the graphics and you could just update that stuff later.
  14.    #14  
    We don't have a definate time line yet. Right now, we are gathering features and figuring a price.
    Last edited by merphie; 04/27/2011 at 09:58 PM. Reason: additional content
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    I'd be interested. There's an OBD II reader on sale right now at Canadian Tire for Can$99. I've no need to purchase immediately so if this project pans out, I'll wait for it.
    Cool.

There was actually a handspring springboard module for this, years ago... So this is kinda like Palm goodness coming back.

I'd buy the app.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Torque for android works with a bluetooth odbII reader. It's an AWESOME app that will show/reset codes and give you a dashboard of current engine stats.

Does the WebOS2.0 SDK have provisions to address serial bluetooth devices?
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Some of my "feature requests" can be found at this other thread, but basically, instantaneous gas mileage would be nice.
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...y-offered.html

Edit: merphie already commented in my other thread, this is just for good housekeeping
    Last edited by Rkguy; 05/03/2011 at 04:32 PM.
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    BTW Rev is probably the most universal app in terms of codes for each vehicle but there is also fuzzycar and dashcommand. I used fuzzycar previously with the PLX-Kiwi WiFi but webOS (as far as 1.4.5, probably 2.x too) will not allow an ad-hoc wireless connection (I tried activation from the terminal) so the Kiwi isn't useful; bluetooth all the way for now in 2.x.

Dashcommand lets users customize gages (that's its greatest distinction)
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by wotan View Post
    Does the WebOS2.0 SDK have provisions to address serial bluetooth devices?
    Yes.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast