webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developer Forums >  Digikat Software > DigiOBDII
DigiOBDII

Old 10/11/2011, 11:34 AM   #81 (permalink)

I was looking to get a Soliport do we know if this works with it?

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
major payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/11/2011, 06:47 PM   #82 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

We are not familar with that brand. As long as it is ELM327 compatible it should be ok.
merphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/12/2011, 04:11 PM   #83 (permalink)

I was checking out the "Pad" version listed in the TP app catalog, but it doesn't have any preview pics yet. Can anyone confirm before I purchase if it runs in fullscreen on the TP or is it an emulated version of the regular smaller-screen phone version? Any other differences from the phone version? Thanks!
ArchonAdvisors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/12/2011, 05:15 PM   #84 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Any specific recommendations for devices to get to use with this?

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11/21/2011, 10:12 PM   #85 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

We've tested Kiwi and Scantools with it
Old 12/01/2011, 10:49 AM   #86 (permalink)

I just recently DigiOBDII for my TouchPad but I am having significant problems getting it to work...

The app starts ok, and on the first run I am able to enter an email address, set preferences, and select bluetooth device without issue. I then went into sensor setup and enabled a few simple sensors like RPM and Vehicle Speed. So far so good...

I then enter Data Graph, selected the 2 sensors I previously enabled in Sensor Setup, and press the "start" button. At this point, the app connects to the bluetooth OBDII dongle and then disconnects after a few seconds, giving an error about being unable to negotiate the protocol with the device. No specific error code number is given. Same problem in Data Log and Diagnostics. I am getting this error both with the recommended Kiwi bluetooth device and a generic ELM327 bluetooth device. I also get the error no matter what car I have tried it in. Note that both of these devices are tested and working with the "OBDII Car Dashboard" webOS TouchPad app from HP, and even with "OBD Guage" running on an old windows mobile PocketPC, so they seem ok.

Also, once I get this error the first time, I am no longer able to get back into Sensor Setup. When I try to re-enter Sensor Setup, I just get the spinning wheel indefinitely. The sensors I already enabled do not even show up any longer to be selected in Data Graph or in Data Log either. Closing and restarting the app, or rebooting the touchpad have no effect.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app as well, and re-pairing bluetooth devices, with no luck so far. I really hope the dev(s) or one of you all has some idea how to get this going. Thanks!

Last edited by sq5; 12/01/2011 at 11:09 AM.
Old 12/01/2011, 11:08 AM   #87 (permalink)

Small Update: I uninstalled/reinstalled the app, removed it's folder using Internalz, and rebooted again, which let me get back into Sensor Setup on the first run, but the same problem reoccurs and persists again once I try and start collecting data from the bluetooth device and get the protocol negotiation error.

Last edited by sq5; 12/01/2011 at 11:13 AM.
Old 12/02/2011, 08:13 AM   #88 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

IS the device older? When it says that negotiation failed it's either because the device failed to respond to commands or it sent something unexpected The spinning wheel occurs because the device is not responding to bluetooth communication.
Old 12/02/2011, 08:33 AM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by merphie View Post
IS the device older? When it says that negotiation failed it's either because the device failed to respond to commands or it sent something unexpected The spinning wheel occurs because the device is not responding to bluetooth communication.
Thanks for the quick reply! Both devices are only about a year old, and have been working with every other app/device/car I try. They also work properly with the other OBDII app from HP in the catalog on the same TouchPad. One of them is the Kiwi device as I mentioned, which is listed as compatible with DigiOBDII.

As to the spinning wheel, it only spins continuously in the Sensor Setup scene, and only after a failed negotiation attempt occurs in one of the other scenes (Diagnostics, Data Log, Data Graph). The Sensor Setup scene itself does not appear to attempt any connecting to a device. A reboot is usually enough to remedy this symptom at least.

The main problem here appears to be the failed protocol negotiation error in the Diagnostics, Data Log, or Data Graph scenes, which seems to then trigger the other symptoms. Let me also clarify that I DO briefly get a notification in the top bar showing the app has successfully connected to the bluetooth device, but then I immediately get the error message about protocol negotiation and it quickly disconnects.

(On an unrelated note, there are still a few sections of the app that need a back/close button added since we cannot gesture-swipe back on the Touchpad like is possible on a Pre.)

Last edited by sq5; 12/02/2011 at 01:58 PM.
Old 12/08/2011, 01:32 AM   #90 (permalink)

Device connection, sensor setup and data logs work well, except when selecting from the dropdown in sensor setup I get an error. When getting the diagnostic codes (pressing "i" on the diagnostics screen) I get a notification with the number of codes, but then I get an error and the button to send the error doesn't work. I emailed you the attached screen captures of the error last month, but never got a reply.

This is what I purchased for anyone interested
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...bosnation0e-20

Last edited by determinedd; 12/08/2011 at 02:00 AM.
determinedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/08/2011, 05:19 PM   #91 (permalink)

As I continue to try and troubleshoot my own issue with getting this app to connect to my Bluetooth unit, I've learned that there are different vehicle protocols within the OBD-II standard (J1850 PWM, J1850 VPW, ISO 9141-2, KWP2000, CAN). This might be where DigiOBDII is having trouble doing some sort of auto-detecting for it's "protocol negotiation". Most of the vehicles I would be using happen to use the "CAN" protocol, which seems very common in many 2004-newer vehicles.

Is there some way to manually set DigiOBDII to use the "CAN" protocol (or other protocol), either by editing a config someplace, or having the dev add a drop-down selection menu for it to the preferences scene?
Old 01/16/2012, 01:44 PM   #92 (permalink)

To give this thread an update and bump, I have seen no change in the issues I've been experiencing with this app after updating to webOS 3.0.5.
Old 01/17/2012, 01:01 PM   #93 (permalink)

Indeed. I still have yet to get a response on webOS 2.1 ... maybe the dev has left this project?
Old 11/17/2012, 07:40 PM   #94 (permalink)

Has anyone gotten this to work reliably with the cheaper ELM327 devices? I'd gladly buy this app if it worked with something like:

Amazon.com: V1.5 Super Mini ELM327 Bluetooth OBD2 OBD-II CAN-BUS Diagnostic Scanner Tool: Electronics
martinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/18/2012, 07:33 AM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinb View Post
Has anyone gotten this to work reliably with the cheaper ELM327 devices? I'd gladly buy this app if it worked with something like:

Amazon.com: V1.5 Super Mini ELM327 Bluetooth OBD2 OBD-II CAN-BUS Diagnostic Scanner Tool: Electronics
One of my ELM327 devices looks almost identical to that one, and I have not yet been able to get it working with this app. You can check back on some of my more recent posts in this thread pertaining to the problems. The developer has been MIA as far as a fix or workaround.

If you did manage to get one of those to work, I for one would be intrigued to hear about it.
Old 10/21/2013, 10:18 AM   #96 (permalink)

I have buy the touchpad version

But I have the following message

Do you have an idea to solve it ?
Attached Images
File Type: png digiobdpad_2013-21-10_170436.png (111.6 KB, 14 views) Email Attachment
camaleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/18/2013, 07:40 AM   #97 (permalink)

Is digiKat dead ?
Old 11/18/2013, 03:18 PM   #98 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaleon View Post
Is digiKat dead ?
It looks like it. Don't bother buying any of their apps.

Sure would be nice if they would at least release the source code of their apps so someone else can fix them if they wont.
Old 11/19/2013, 02:54 AM   #99 (permalink)

Very sad.
I have bought the touchpad version (around 11 euros, so around 15 USD) and I have an error message when I try to launch the soft.
Hopefully, in France, we have a law (L111-1 of intellectual propiety) which autorize to acces to source code and copy it/modify it/translate it to correct bugs

Tags
obd, obdii

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0