Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 99
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    Thought I'd post my experiences using this software, since I've finally gotten some results.

    My setup:
    2002 Ford Taurus SEL & 2003 Ford Windstar SEL
    Palm Pre 2 on Verizon Wireless (running webOS 2.1)
    DigiObdii software
    Soliport ELM 327 Bluetooth module (via Amazon.com)

    My experiences:
    The Soliport unit is as generic as they come, which may explain some of my issues. I plugged it into my cars and was able to pair it with my Pre 2 (as an "Other" device under Bluetooth Preferences). Once I did so, it showed up under the Preferences section of the DigiOBDII software. I tried each of the program's options and, at first, was unable to get any response; I got a variety of Bluetooth and other errors, and when I tried to manually tap on the Soliport listing under Bluetooth Preferences to manually link to it, I couldn't connect. Finally, today, I was able to obtain at least some results; after pairing in the Bluetooth Preferences app (the Soliport's pairing code is 1234, by the way, although there's no manual that tells you that!), I launched DigiOBDII and selected one initial sensor under the Sensor Setup (RPM), then launched Data Log. The Bluetooth icon at the top of the screen went grey and then back to unconnected. I backswiped to the main menu and tried Data Log again. This time, it actually paired with the Soliport and I started getting some RPM data (which seemed to match my tachometer). Success! Only problem is, once I backswipe again to the main menu, I cannot get either the Data Log or the other options (Diagnostic Codes or Data Graph) to pair with and use the Soliport unless I go to Bluetooth Preferences, disable and reenable Bluetooth, and then try twice within the DigiOBDII software.

    In other words, this is the only method that works for me:

    1) Disable Bluetooth
    2) Enable Bluetooth
    3) Launch one of the DigiOBDII choices.
    4) Wait and watch it fail to properly connect.
    5) Backswipe to the main DigiOBDII menu.
    6) Launch the same choice again.
    7) Watch it work.

    Since I only have the one Soliport ELM 327 module, I can't determine whether the issue is the Soliport, some aspect of DigiOBDII, webOS' implementation of Bluetooth, or something odd about my car (although the latter is least likely). I don't really want to invest in another ELM 327 Bluetooth module until I have some more information.

    Anyone else had a chance to try this yet? {Jonathan}
    the same happens with me

    My setup:
    2004 Honda Civic EX Sedan
    Palm Pre 2 (unlock gsm) running webOS 2.1
    DigiObdii software
    Soliport ELM 327 Bluetooth module (via Amazon.com)
  2.    #62  
    We didn't experience that with the Scantool Bluetooth.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Http://www.digikatsoftware.com
  3.    #63  
    I've posted Version 1.0.1.

    The bluetooth communication was completely rewritten. Hopefully this will address some of the issues you guys have experienced.

    It should be available next week for download.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Http://www.digikatsoftware.com
  4.    #64  
    Version 1.0.1 was finally published by Palm today. It should now be available.

    The bluetooth was completely reworked and hopefully this will correct many of the problems experienced by users.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Http://www.digikatsoftware.com
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by andersondiaz View Post
    the same happens with me

    My setup:
    2004 Honda Civic EX Sedan
    Palm Pre 2 (unlock gsm) running webOS 2.1
    DigiObdii software
    Soliport ELM 327 Bluetooth module (via Amazon.com)

    Please update to version 1.0.1 and let us know if the problems are still there.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Http://www.digikatsoftware.com
  6. #66  
    Oh, good--I was about to return my cheaper BT OBDII adapter (and have already ordered a more expensive one), but I'll try the new client before I send out the old one. {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    Oh, good--I was about to return my cheaper BT OBDII adapter (and have already ordered a more expensive one), but I'll try the new client before I send out the old one. {Jonathan}
    OK, we may have to get one of those cheaper ones to see if their protocol is different some how.

    The bluetooth communication was completely redone so it should be more reliable.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Http://www.digikatsoftware.com
  8. rkguy's Avatar
    Posts
    803 Posts
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    #68  
    What are all the properties that can be monitored. As you may recall, I was interested in mpg (even if a rough estimate). Is this currently supported?
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    What are all the properties that can be monitored. As you may recall, I was interested in mpg (even if a rough estimate). Is this currently supported?
    The sensor data to calculate the MPG are there, but I have not implemented anything to actually do the calculation. It has to read two sensors to be able to do so.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Http://www.digikatsoftware.com
  10. rkguy's Avatar
    Posts
    803 Posts
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    #70  
    Ok. Thank you for responding.
    Please let me know if or when you include this in a future release.

    Quote Originally Posted by merphie View Post
    The sensor data to calculate the MPG are there, but I have not implemented anything to actually do the calculation. It has to read two sensors to be able to do so.


    -- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    Ok. Thank you for responding.
    Please let me know if or when you include this in a future release.
    I'll post about it on this forum when it's released. Right now, we're still playing catch up with the Touchpad and Veer.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Http://www.digikatsoftware.com
  12. #72  
    Is it possible to reset/clear a CEL code with this?
  13.    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Is it possible to reset/clear a CEL code with this?
    Yes.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Http://www.digikatsoftware.com
  14. rbraun's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    #74  
    I have a TouchPad and was looking at DigiOBD Pad. Do you plan on keeping the TouchPad and phone version separate? I don't have a 2.x phone in regular use currently so want to grab the TouchPad version but would love to be able to run this on a newer webOS phone at some point as well. So I guess the question is are you planning on doing a fat "Enjo" package at some point or doing anything with promo codes to allow use on both phone and TouchPad? I normally don't care for a $2 app but for a sporadically used $20 app I want to make sure I can use it when I need it.

    Thanks a ton for writing this app, BTW. I was considering doing it myself but there just aren't enough hours in the day!
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by rbraun View Post
    I have a TouchPad and was looking at DigiOBD Pad. Do you plan on keeping the TouchPad and phone version separate? I don't have a 2.x phone in regular use currently so want to grab the TouchPad version but would love to be able to run this on a newer webOS phone at some point as well. So I guess the question is are you planning on doing a fat "Enjo" package at some point or doing anything with promo codes to allow use on both phone and TouchPad? I normally don't care for a $2 app but for a sporadically used $20 app I want to make sure I can use it when I need it.
    I'm not sure I understand your question. There are currently two versions of DigiOBDII. One for Webos 2.X and one for WebOs 3.X

    WebOs 2.X is the current version for the phones and as I understand the Pre 3 will also be webOs 2.X.

    The touchpad is the only device using WebOs 3.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Http://www.digikatsoftware.com
  16. rbraun's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by merphie View Post
    I'm not sure I understand your question. There are currently two versions of DigiOBDII. One for Webos 2.X and one for WebOs 3.X

    WebOs 2.X is the current version for the phones and as I understand the Pre 3 will also be webOs 2.X.

    The touchpad is the only device using WebOs 3.
    Sorry for the confusing message. I was wondering if you planned to keep the webOS 2.x and 3.0 release as separate products, requiring them to be purchased individually. I know some developers wanted to release a single IPK that would work on both but were unable to at TouchPad launch due to certain limitations. Since they had to release two versions (a regular and HD version, for example) some developers have offered promo codes or a way so if you bought one you could obtain them both. That would allow you to use the app on both your phone and your TouchPad. Many other developers have opted to have two versions due to the effort required to create the Enyo version.

    I completely understand either way, I was just wondering which camp you fell into. The camp that wanted to release a single universally compatible version but couldn't, or the camp that wanted two versions in the catalog. For example, I own MyQ and the MyQ developer will send a promo code so I can get MyQ HD for free. Same thing with FlightPredictor, etc.

    Thanks!
  17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by rbraun View Post
    Sorry for the confusing message. I was wondering if you planned to keep the webOS 2.x and 3.0 release as separate products, requiring them to be purchased individually. I know some developers wanted to release a single IPK that would work on both but were unable to at TouchPad launch due to certain limitations. Since they had to release two versions (a regular and HD version, for example) some developers have offered promo codes or a way so if you bought one you could obtain them both. That would allow you to use the app on both your phone and your TouchPad. Many other developers have opted to have two versions due to the effort required to create the Enyo version.

    I completely understand either way, I was just wondering which camp you fell into. The camp that wanted to release a single universally compatible version but couldn't, or the camp that wanted two versions in the catalog. For example, I own MyQ and the MyQ developer will send a promo code so I can get MyQ HD for free. Same thing with FlightPredictor, etc.

    Thanks!
    At this time they will remain seperate products. The touchpad version is a Mojo app but there are still a lot of difference between the two making it impossible to offer one package.

    We have tried to have one package but this had disasterous consequences. Palm has not made a method available to accomplish this. They have made hints at a one package with multiple versions but we are skeptical because of the number of bugs that have been discovered in their website and platform.

    Even if it were possible to have one package the Palm catalog will not share between the two devices which would require the user to buy the universal package twice anyway.

    Right now, we are not offering promo codes for the other apps. This is largely because of the cost of support for the applications since we have to maintain seperate versions.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Http://www.digikatsoftware.com
  18.    #78  
    We just tested the Kiwi Bluetooth with DigiOBDII. They are 100% compatible.

    These devices are available at PLX Kiwi Bluetooth - Connect your Droid mobile device to your car's OBD2 OBDII Port
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Http://www.digikatsoftware.com
  19. #79  
    I know you posted a statement about discontinuing all webOS support, but are you going to turn on Pre 3 support, at least even with the current version? I was to buy it but then went on a device switch frenzy...

    I have a Bluetooth ELM327 I want to make use of.
  20.    #80  
    We never said we would end support for our applications. They are still available for the webOS TouchPad.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Http://www.digikatsoftware.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions